Liquidity Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun while it lasted
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 11, 2018
A great place to work before closing due to failure to secure DOD surplus contract.
The reverse supply chain is a growing market with multiple opportunities to capitalize with right market strategy.
Pros
Total autonomy to runs my department as seen fit, Advancement from within, Telecommute when needed, PTO accruals
Cons
contract labor, compensation
Don't
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 3, 2018
Leadership is poisonous, untruthful, and doesn't care in the least about their employees. They're also completely out of touch with how things actually work. The CEO spends his time locked away in his office reading HBR articles, thinking this qualifies him for leadership.
Extremely toxic work environment.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2018
Extremely toxic work culture with few benefits. Their model for revenue generation was unsustainable amid changes in the reverse logistics process and increasing market competition. This translated into unrealistic sales targets for business development and sales teams. Most of my colleagues were searching for jobs elsewhere.
Great place to work, friendly environment and welcoming
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJuly 25, 2018
Great people, work wasn't hard, great hours and breaks. We got 2 paid 15-minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch break unpaid. Management would often cook lunches or order food for employees. Employment recognition every month as well and prizes were included.
They have a great respectful group of employees, but management takes advantage of its associates.
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2018
You can be a great employee in this facility, but you are actually judged off your personality. They will give you a 5 day 10HR shift schedule and send you home early on that last day to take back the overtime. You will be forced to do 10hrs of work into an 8 hour shift. Sometimes management will cut off the Wi-Fi and send associates home. Workers have been there for multiple years and still haven't eclipsed $13.00 an hour yet.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Management; Pay; No Loyalty With Its Employees
Learn something new everyday
Warehouse Operations/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHJune 4, 2018
Great place to work with great benefits. Hours were terrific. People were helpful and the work force was overall dedicated to the goals set forth. The variety of products made every day fun.
Pros
Good people. Good benifits
Cons
Lost the DoD contract
Acution Warehouse
OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2018
Working for Liquidity Services was interesting. Until then, I thought that all 'online auctions' of this merchandise magnitude were thru Amazon or eBay.
Pros
Management was big on 'team building' events
Cons
Low pay, limited benefits and limited opportunities for advancement
Transitioning workplace and downsizing locations
Payroll Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 22, 2018
Since this was a temporary position at times it was difficult for permanent employees to understand that you were attempting to help them do their job. Time management was the biggest hurdle to overcome with W-2's and payroll reports that needed revising.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Best management I have ever worked with!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 5, 2018
One of the best companies I have worked for. My managers and team mates were great! We always helped/supported one another. I' am very sad to leave and enjoyed working for this company very much!
Productive, fun with ping pong table in breakroom and always provided Employee Appreciation.
Auction Listing Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 27, 2018
Provided outstanding customer service to the customers, verified information, processed, prepared, created and listed auctions online to be bid on by customers. The one thing I appreciated the most was the Employee Appreciation, it is important to employees that they are acknowledged and rewarded for all of their hard work and dedication to their employer. The hardest part of the job was the unfairness of the management and how they supervised the team and on individual basis. No matter the situation, always make the best of it and put forth all you have. Always remain humble and be kind, treat others how you want to be treated and never lose your faith. Try to always help someone because you might be the only one who does.
Fair and Relaxed Company
Restricted Property Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 1, 2018
I learned general warehouse operations, I was certified to operate a forklift, and I maintained my work space for cleanliness and safety.
Management is helpful to complete all tasks.
Hardest part of the job is simply showing up everyday at 6 am.
Pros
Hours, pay, environment
Cons
short lunch break
Vision Change
Principal Systems Integration (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2018
Was with the company for over 10+ years. The best part of the job was working with talented people and making a difference. Then the vision changed with new leadership and a different culture.
Productive and great pleace to grow as a employee
Class C driver/ warehouse specialists (Former Employee) –  Tracy Army Depot, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Related Skills:
I currently work for Liquidity Services as a warehouse specialist and am responsible for receipt and processing of daily scrap property referrals from DLA. Daily duties include; property inspection to ensure no hazardous materials are present, inspection of documentation (DD-1348) to verify correct procedures were followed, segregation of property by Scrap Classification Listing (SCL), mutilation requirements and DEMIL code, removal of scrap property using DLA Form 1367, verification of MPPEH property to ensure proper certifications are present, inspection of material handling equipment.
Pros
Great benefits
Interesting work place
Agile Lead Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 29, 2018
The typical daily tasks were standard such as meeting with SMEs and creating support materials. I liked working there. Many assignments were interesting and fast-paced. Good place to use your talent and improve skills.
Pros
Agile teams are smart and great people to work with.
Cons
The management could communicate the company's direction better.
Easy but not worth it
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 13, 2018
The company is going under. Departments rarely communicated making customer assistance difficult. Management rarely took escalated calls. No recognition for your work until your annual review. No advancement opportunities.
Pros
Work life balance. Wages. Benefits
Cons
Too many. No structure. Management. Lack of communication.
Great work culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Great work culture and people.

Liquidity Services is a global solution provider in the reverse supply chain. We provide consultative asset management, valuation, and sales solutions.
Great company
Senior Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Tobyhanna Army Depot, Tobyhanna, PADecember 20, 2017
I've work with this company for 12 years. Hard work to get the job done. Not much overtime but I didn't need it. Some travel to help other sites but not anything that interfered with my normal life. Huge bonus at the end of the year based on my work. Some bonus throughout the year. The company recognizes birthdays and anniversaries. Lots of PTO accumulated and can use anytime. All in all Liquidity Services was a fun company to work with.
Pros
early in, early out.
Cons
Sometimes working in the weather.
Sales (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCDecember 19, 2017
Good place to work at but the company performance is not recently good and they are trying to cut costs as much as they can to survive. I spent quite a time there
Productive and fun place to work
Junior DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 22, 2017
It is a place I was be able to grow in my career. I had a chance to work with different departments. I was give a chance to take classes to improve my skill.
Great place but limited upward mobility
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 10, 2017
Liquidity Services is a great place to work. The pay is average to above average of the local market. The only downside is that there is very limited opportunity for advancement outside of the role you are brought in for.

Most managers are on the younger side and will be around for a long time. I have yet to see a managerial role open up while being employed here for that reason. While this provides great stability it places a ceiling young talent.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Training
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liquidity Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight