Litehouse Foods, Inc. Employee Reviews

Company is not nice to employees
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Sandpoint, IDApril 17, 2019
This company is not family friendly at all. Very inconsistent with their ways and rules change every day. Pay is okay, and one of the best in the community. The turnover rats is high, don't even bother finding out people names, they won't be there for very long.
benefits
Cons
corporate
Work in the warehouse only
Forklift operator/Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Sandpoint IDApril 16, 2019
They know they are the best paying option in a small community and they take advantage of it. In production its a watch your back type situation. Lots of backstabbers and playing favorites.
The management seems like inventing new ways of firing people but never new ways to keep people. The turnover rate is nuts and the employees that are left are expected to keep up the pace even if they work weeks or months straight to meet quotas.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
No family life, poor upper management, no job security, etc..
Alot of opportunities for growth in this company.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandpoint, IDApril 13, 2019
Overall it was a good company to work for with alot of opportunities to move up within the company. In my time there I had a number of positions from line attendant to assist to the process engineer.
Expected work is fairly easy.
Line Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MIApril 10, 2019
The work expected of you isn’t complicated at all so the pay for work ratio is great. I worked harder making minimum wage than this job. If anything you get bored, but getting paid to be bored is fine. The company offers good benefits and 401k which is nice. The people who complain about the company seem to complain about EVERYTHING, that gets old to listen to.
Pros
Many different shift options and easy money.
Cons
Complainers
Bad company
Line Attendant (Current Employee) –  LowellMarch 1, 2019
Litehouse looks at all employees as the same they don't value hard workers they pay lazy workers that don't care about their job the same as employees that work really hard and care about their job the same!! The hard worker don't get raises they don't even value them it's a sad company cause they loose so many good workers that try really hard every day to do a good job and the company still don't appreciate them.
Pros
Employees
Cons
No raise
A very encourage and positive place of business, more so a family.
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, ILMarch 1, 2019
Everyday at Litehouse was a fun experience, we worked together laughed together and nearly never had an unsatisfied customer. I would work there again if i was still close to that location and i know they will one day become a chain restaurant.It was the greatest 9 to 5 i ever had.
Pros
the pay and great environment
Cons
no breaks
Fast paced
Dressing mixer (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTFebruary 26, 2019
I moved up quickly & stopped. Went thru a few departments. Got along well with my crew. People came & went fast. High turnover rate. A lot of drama goes on. Get on the supervisors good side or you’re screwed. Worked nights so it was mostly free from upper management. Just don’t waist your life on this job
Pros
Excellent insurance paid vacations & sick time
Cons
Life is your job. Really bad schedules. No trading schedules for family events
Upper management is clueless
Anonymous employee (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MIFebruary 24, 2019
The pay is a joke. They say the company is employee owned, yet we are paid a pittance and treated like mushrooms(kept in the dark and have excrement dumped on us). The wages are not at all competitive with other companies in the area. The people running the company are 100% clueless about the machines and what actually happens on the production floor. The sit in their offices and take credit for work they didn’t do and making up new ways of doing things that make the job harder for the people actually doing it. They wasted a huge amount of money to have an outside company show us how to schedule more effectively and then didn’t follow their advice. People who have been there for years make pennies more than new hires.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Everything else
This company does NOT care about their employees!!!Wear your slip res. shoes, bunt cap on, ear plugs bla bla bla.BUT only AT work we care about you!
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MIJanuary 26, 2019
First shift supervisor sits in his chair for 8 hours straight! Favors his lines in front of him allows them to "hang out and chat with him" I've never heard a "good morning" from him one time in almost a year working here!! His "coordinator" is a major drama queen who bounces from line to line talking bad about other employees or about other coordinators not realizing those employees don't really like her anyways and go tell the employee she has spoken bad about!!!! But that's ok because she is the supervisors coordinator???? So sad because this place could be a nice place to work if they would treat their employees better and stop the favoritism!!!!! " I" along with 3 other machine operators and 5 Packers are currently looking for another job! And that's only on my shift! Because they don't dare stop this!! Their motto? " Great dressing made by hard working replaceable employees"
Pros
I enjoy the people I work with :)
Cons
It wouldn't surprise me if my supervisor didn't even know my name without looking on my bunt cap!
The best place to wrk
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Sandpoint, IDDecember 19, 2018
The best place to work. I was sad when i had to leave due to the company not having any part time positions. They offer amazing benefits and is employee owned.
Everyone is replaceable
Hilo (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MIDecember 15, 2018
If your looking for a long term job, your in the wrong place. If your trying to find a place that cares about you and your future Litehouse is anything but. They fill the gaps with anyone and anybody and overwork those who work hard and let those who dont stand idle. The place will chew you up and spit you out. Outwork the next guy and make a small error and be fired 0 tolerance. They will get on you about safety but then require you to use expired products. Drive a forklift with no tread on pure wet floors. They have expired products in isles that are clearly molding and you can smell. The resolution mop the floor with pure bleach to cover the scent. This place has so much potential to be a great place instead the are not open to change. The people who do stay learn to not care and avoid saying anything to make it till the next payday. You have Human resources scamming the company for ever stealing embezzlement and were focused on people wearing helmets because we dont use wet floor signs. In the end use this to get A to B or look elsewhere ask any business place in Lowell about Litehouse and listen about someone they know who worked there and why nobody in the area code stays.
Pros
Pays great
Cons
Nobody cares, Corporate feeds the pipeline lies, ask anyone including the plant manager when we will get working equipment, answers never given nobody knows, Supervision is a joke, If your family is terminally ill and you cant make it expect issues
The worst place I have ever worked!
Quality Control Inspector/Line Op (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MINovember 29, 2018
This company has no respect or care for employees. Turnover is very high. The supervisors and coordinators outnumber the employees and they are never on the same page which results in bullying and harassment. Management above them could care less!
If you work the 8 hour shift you will work seven days a week for months on end.
If you work the 12 hour shift you will seldom get a 40 hour paycheck, have to work on your off days to get 40 hours, have at least 12 bosses who are never on the same page, and never have any work but you will be bullied constantly by bosses to stay busy!
Very hostile, unsafe environment! No cameras outside which often leads to vehicle damage and fired employees hanging out in the parking lot!
I would not recommend working at Litehouse. The pay is ok but that is because they cannot keep employees in that horrible environment. Absolute worst job I’ve ever had!
Pros
Free product
Cons
Terrible management, too many bosses, hostile/unsafe environment
Great place to work if you cant find a job anywhere else
Operator (Current Employee) –  Hurricane, UTNovember 10, 2018
Expect to work mandatory overtime weekly. They offer decent pay but don't expect to move up quickly. They have a high turnover rate so expect to be training new employees constantly.
Startup with very steep learning curve
Founder & CEO (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 31, 2018
We worked on building voice based command and control for home automation before Alexa era. The founders were visionary in that sense but couldn't figure out the customer traction aspect.
Litehouse allowed one to develop into a productive employee
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandpoint, ID 83864October 13, 2018
Management was helpful, expectation was reasonable, fast paced but doable, sick time was allowed without penalty, very impartial, and hard work was appreciated
Pros
Hard work was rewarded
Cons
It was not for the faint of heart
Busy
Spice prep (Former Employee) –  Sandpoint, IDOctober 10, 2018
Great place to work you learn a lot of different areas you have plenty of chances for advancement managers are sometimes a locking and people skills the all-around decent place to work
i made it good work for me
Maintenance quality control, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2018
Would not work for them again. Not really into working for restaurants anymore. I plan on starting my own business in next couple years and this type of company is not in my plans.
Pros
co workers
Cons
pay
El lugar de trabajo es perfecto y agradable (mi casa)
Forster parent (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 3, 2018
Es un buen trabajo en ocasiones difícil por que hay que relacionesse con adolescentes con problemas pero al final es satisfactorio y agradable saber que se hizo lo mejor posible
Pros
Buen salario
Cons
No servicio medico, vacaciones
Good pay horrible upper management
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MISeptember 24, 2018
Good money alot of hours. Management cares only about bonuses huge revolving door. Ex cons are welcome that's a plus the coworkers that are terrible dont get fired causing those who care to walk.
Great benefits, great crew on graveyard, hard work.
Mixer (Former Employee) –  Sandpoint, IDSeptember 17, 2018
Litehouse is a good place to work as far as benefits go. Has some advancement opportunities and great pay. It's hard work, but we'll worth it. I loved working there, aside from some occasional interactions that made me feel like I was back in high school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Litehouse Foods, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Litehouse Foods, Inc. Reviews by Location