Litehouse Pools Employee Reviews

Nightmare of bullying
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 21, 2019
As a new full time sales associate, I mostly did wharehouse work, especially heavy lifting and stocking and not much training. The head manager was very nice and so was her regional manager. The assistant manager only cared for himself and was unethical and bragged that he commonly lies to customers. I was also bullied by 345 pound employee and threatened, who told me he was recently stabbed in a fight. He also stole a few commissionable sales from me. When I complained to management I was ignored. I was uncomfortable working there, afraid for my safety.
Absolutely dreadful. Outside of the so-called "pool season," days were spent waiting for someone to walk in the door.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 17, 2019
If you desire a job with any type of work / life balance - look elsewhere!! Open to close 5 days per week and 5 1/2 days per week during "pool season.". Training is pretty much learn as you go, with a lot of empty promises from up above. Very outdated systems and practices just add to the daily headaches.
Pros
Free WiFi
Cons
Hours required, no life balance, condescending nature of corporate
May 15, 2019

I'm not certain what is being referred to as outdated, but we are a retail operation dealing with customers all day. We do require training of the products which we offer self-paced on-line as well as in-person. We do expect our employees to learn the products and the processes. Retail work is not for everyone and yes, the hours can range for 45-55 hours per week for management which we stress during the interview process.

Hard work that pays off.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 13, 2019
My job is definitely not what I call easy. It takes a certain type of mentality, but in the time I have been with the company I see daily changes being made to benefit the entire team from corporate to the support staff. It is long days, it does cut into your family and social lives at certain times of the year. However, you have a decent base pay to start with and the right individuals can earn more with the right work ethic earn fair commission on top of that during those times of the year. You get out what you put into this job. It is self-rewarding!
Pros
Regional managers give a lot of support
May 15, 2019

The President's door is always open for any employee! Thanks for your comments here.

Commission fraud
Asm (Former Employee) –  StrongsvilleSeptember 6, 2018
I was one of the best rookies the store manager had ever seen from what he told me because of the amount of sales I had done within the month I was there....that is until the other asm attempted to show me how to ring out a sale online. Told me to pick up the item in the back and tendered it under his name! Told SM, he didnt care. That's when I left and never cared to look back. Stole money right out of my pocket and nobody cared
I will say however, all the higher ups were amazing to me and helped me with training. The training by one of the spa companies is out of this world amazing!...just wished your people weren't shady and the hours were reasonable. Nobody should have to work open to close every shift. That's not right
Pros
Pay is great if you work hard
Cons
No life working there, never saw my family
May 15, 2019

Claiming fraud is a pretty serious charge. If you feel someone did something inappropriate, talking to the management about it would be the solution.

Trained one day
Store Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 30, 2018
Hired in and trained at the strongsville store. My first day was filling out paperwork and standing around not learning much. You’d think they would have someone there to show you the ropes and teach you. The SM didn’t seem to show interest or even friendly in that matter. Prior to my hire they made me register on some website and do training...umm no I don’t do training off the clock!! Would not recommend. Oh and also yeah I didn’t even get compensated for working there for one day. The regional team seemed very nice however.
Cons
Training lacked, Store manager was not personable
May 15, 2019

Litehouse offers extensive training to all employees on-line and in-person. If you gave it 1 day and then quit, it obviously was not the right fit.

Over worked and under paid.
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 10, 2018
The pay you actually get is not what they say, it is MUCH less. The hours and amount of days per week you are forced to work are way more than what is told up front. They made me sign a non-compete contract that is ridiculous and makes it difficult to find other employment. Too many "chiefs" and everyone is micro managed.
May 15, 2019

Store managers make an average of nearly $60,000 annually after their first year. Pay is usually higher than we advertise actually. However, that varies as there is bonus and commission involved. Hours during the slower months average around 40-45 and hours during the VERY BUSY summer months will be around 55, but that is when the pay per week can double or triple.

Couldnt pay me enough to go back
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 1, 2017
The first problem is that management at the corporate office is just plain horrible. They will lie cheat and steal from any employee without blinking an eye. The company forces 55 to 60 plus hours a week with pretty much no time off for a life. They pay plan they quote is absolutely nowhere near what they say, probably cut that in half and that isnt reasonable either. The regional managers up to the CEO will make your life a terrible on a daily basis with no regard
Pros
Cons
everyday being there
May 21, 2018

Horrible Company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 11, 2017
The company does not care about it's employees at all. They work you to death, and treat you horribly. All for nothing pay. I recommend people to go elsewhere for a job. If you are part time they make it so you can't get insurance. And if you work full time- good luck having a life. They will work you to death. It’s their way or the highway. Some co-workers are great to work with. Everyone in the Corp office are mean and seem unhappy with their jobs.
Pros
Cons
Everything listed
May 21, 2018

Our corporate office employees have virtually no turnover and all are quite happy with the environment. There is however accountability for work product. Part-time seasonal employees are just that and thus don't qualify for our insurance programs. Full-time employees work an average of 45 hours per week with extended hours during the VERY BUSY summer months which can be up to 55 hours per week. During the summer months, employee average weekly pay can double or triple with commissions. We actually feel that the good employees are our most valuable asset. Our insurance program features very low cost and very low deductibles.

Local Retail Chain in fast paced seasonal environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHSeptember 17, 2017
Advanced retail chain of stores selling items associated with the pool and spa industry. Nice mix of salary and commission makes up your compensation package. Retail hours and weekends mandatory.
Good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMay 5, 2017
Good job great people very clean place very safe place would recumend to someone that needs a job hard work but good pay can move up in this company to move up in
NO leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 1, 2017
Expect you to know a lot of stuff in no time. Then will will not train you. Then make you do all training of the clock at your house. sends you all over the state will not pay for any of it. all this can be yours for $9.00 an hour that is the tip of the iceberg.
Pros
non
Cons
eveything
May 21, 2018

$9 per hour plus commission makes the average employee compensation around $15 per hour. We offer extensive training in-person and on-line so you can train at your pace.

not cracked up to what they post there looking for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJuly 5, 2016
The worst management I ever dealt with, the pay is below par and co-workers are pretty decent to work, thats the best part of the job. Not many ups other then its fun but dont pay the bills year around.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management and pay is terrible
May 21, 2018

As a seasonal business, the pay can fluctuate greatly. Summer months are the busiest and highest commissions, but the rest of the year is still good for those that work to sell. This is an hourly plus commission job. The more you sell, the more you make and there is no limit on the income potential. How much you can earn is really up to you.

Great work place.
Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 28, 2014
Company is over all good but when it came down to it there wasnt enough communication between department managers and constantly getting new managers that didnt know what they were doing and trying to run other people.
Great place to work for
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  OHNovember 14, 2013
Great place to work for, everyone started young as a just 2 stores, built it to 8 stores in 12 years. Fun place to work for.
Pros
everyone is treated as family
Cons
smaller company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Litehouse Pools. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3