Lithia Motors, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun work, terrible pay
Website Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 14, 2018
I worked in tech support and my coworkers and managers were awesome. The work itself wasn't difficult or stressful. There was little to no chance of advancement and the pay was awful
Basic processes not in place
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 10, 2018
The dealership I worked at lacked basic processes (key handling, service drive, parking, delivery, scheduling, etc). Whenever we tried to tell the new service manager how it was supposed to be run, he would tell us to stop complaining about everything.

After a month of a free for all, I was terminated because I "lacked focus" on my job. Probably the best thing that could have happened to me is being fired from Lithia Motors. Frankly Lithia, if that's all you've got then you're pathetic.
Pros
Discounts on parts
Cons
everything else
Poorly managed company
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 2, 2018
Honestly the worst company I ever worked at. Actually everything was great until Lithia Motors bought out our company. You are no longer a valued employee with Lithia you are just a employee number. They didn’t honor our union contract . Made drastic changes to our pay and hours of operation. The benefits are not that great and if you use tobacco you pay a higher premium. Communication is via email with Lithia on the West Coast and if you have a problem you need an answer to you don’t get a response in a timely manner. They took what was a locally owned family dealership and turned it into a corporate nightmare. I would highly recommend seeking other employment before thinking about working for the Lithia, Baierl/Day Automotive Group.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
The whole operation
Close-Knit Work Atmosphere, Good People, Decent Management
Business Development Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 2, 2018
This company prides itself on providing the Premium Experience. The employees all know one another and are courteous. Management is approachable and often available to meet with. Clients know and can sense the employees work here because they enjoy it here.
Pros
Genuinely Good Place To Work, Newer Establishment, Nice Staff
Cons
Pay Is Not Competitive
For being a large corporation you'd expect more (overall)
Payroll Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 2, 2018
Leadership is good, my managers are positive and great to work for. Pay isn't great at all and there is no room for advancement. Also, once you get hired on you are pretty much stuck at your pay rate. No raises whatsoever. Benefits are sub par, and not competitive at all compared to anywhere else I have worked. Overall, I don't recommend working here unless you are OK with doing the same job at the same pay rate for the rest of your life.
Pros
Hours are Flexible, Pretty solid work/life balance
Cons
No PTO for the first year & Minimal PTO thereafter, Benefits are not that great, When you get hired you are stuck at your pay and your position
Productive and busy
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 1, 2018
Both relaxing and really fast pace at times, management could be either good to work for or terrible. Not too stressful you must be someone who is a hard worker
fast money high turn over
F and I Manager (Former Employee) –  MontanaJuly 24, 2018
Lithia is a great place to work if you do not have a family. way to many hours average hrs are 135 every 2 weeks. yes you can make great money however they work hard in finding ways not to give you what you earned. You have to learn to work your payplans and you can be very succesfull.
na
General Sales Manager/Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 23, 2018
Good company that has gone down hill on the training part of things. Early in my career was taught quite a bit but and the second go around training has become very laxed. Good company long hours with ok pay.
Without a doubt, it's something else. (In a good way)
Internet Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 20, 2018
The store I work for is very tightly knit, and everyone supports each other. It's still sales, so it's competitive. However, the general sales manager is driven to make you money, but within a responsible margin.
Pros
Free lunches and trainings
Awesome Company
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 17, 2018
The typical work day as a parts delivery driver was simple, receive, deliver, complete other tasks. There was never a hard day or an easy day, it was pretty much always the same. The most enjoyable part was the customers.
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Service Department
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 15, 2018
Very good company to work for. My advice to anyone interested in a position please follow rules and take job seriously! Don't make friends with management because it only causes issues down the road..
Pros
New Hire Referral Bonus
Cons
Long Hours and only every other Saturday off.. (Service Department)
worst employer ever
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 15, 2018
advertisement said 2500.00 guarantee and paid training, and balance work week, etc. one of the worst experiences working ever. Paid 7.25 an hour not 2500.00, was lied to by both Sales manager and General sales manager, always a reason to cut your commissions.
Pros
Cons
everything
Poor Management, Long Hours, but Descent Pay & Benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CAJuly 10, 2018
Management at the store level is completely incompetent and unethical. They don't care about their employees or their customers. They rip people off and are always doing things that are against the law or violate company policy.
Benefits
Cons
Very long hours, poor management
Cut Throat
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  HawaiiJuly 10, 2018
Not a good place. Lying, cheating and very stressful. Used and abused. Penny pinching and company does not care about you, just a number. I would not recommend this to anyone.
Fun workplace for car enthusiasts
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, NYJuly 10, 2018
I have a love for cars. Working here meant being around so many all the time. I got to see the brand new ones come off the truck and at times someone might trade in a classic you'll get to wax and place on the lot in a spot of your choice.
Pros
Cars, great pay, unlimited overtime, amazing benefits, free company parties, employee discount, hour lunch break, laid back atmosphere
Cons
Sale oriented. If salesmen aren't doing well your hours get cut.
Proven sales techniques, great pay
INTERNET SALES MANAGER, LITHIA (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAJune 28, 2018
This is an excellent company to learn advanced proven sales techniques. They bring in experts for training classes, and have constant training modules. You will become an expert on vehicle statistics, presentation, and closing sales. Unfortunately, as is the case commonly with this line of work: the management can and most often is extremely abusive to their staff. If you are not prepared to be screamed at and insulted and sworn at by your bosses: stay away.
Pros
Pay, Experience
Cons
Abusive Management
It was ok
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJune 26, 2018
It was great untill management switch they offered classes to become certified Mopar mechanic. The cons were the service advisors would favour certain people and not hand out jobs evenly.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of organization
Slow
B Body Shop Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 21, 2018
Lots of Promises given at hire with very little to most the time no follow through. There was lots of plans at hire but when the time came to follow through there was no "paper trail." The Shop is slow and unfortunately hard to pay bills.
Where do they find their GMs
Management (Current Employee) –  NJJune 16, 2018
Great company with little to no observation or input on a store. They rely on their market directors to run it as if its their own with little knowledge of what exists at the store.
Benefits
Cons
Little over sight and stressful
sucks
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJune 13, 2018
like my job but only like a few people there. its a very stressful place rules change all the time no one is treated equally they give most of the work and hours to there favorits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lithia Motors, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight