Lithia Motors, Inc. Employee Reviews

hard to handle
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 11, 2018
Working there was stressful. Paid by piece work not for the time on site. If there was no work, you had to stay with out being paid! The only thing that made the job bearable was that 2 other technicians were good friends of mine. I quit because of the dishonest practices of a service writer. I refused to perform unnecessary repairs and I got in trouble for "insubordination".
Pros
discount for parts
Cons
Dishonest practices
Excellent company to work for
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 2, 2018
Highly recommend the company. The management all the way down to the porters are all willing to help and make the consumer fell welcomed. I give them 5 out of 5 stars.
Dishonest Hiring Practices
Body Shop Estimator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 2, 2018
When I initially interview for this position the job sounded great. They presented me with an attractive and competitive pay plan and a great work life balance. Once I started and it came time for my first paycheck they changed their tune. They cut my commissions in half off what we had agreed upon during the hiring process, and automatically withdrew my first paycheck from my checking account. I had to go to the general manager just to get paid what I was owed. Do not work for this dishonest company, they will say anything to get you to leave your current employer and will pull the rug out from under you once you start.
Pros
Good work life balance, Good store level management
Cons
Dishonest hiring practices, No support from corporate
Superior team and environment to work with and in.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKOctober 1, 2018
Exceptional environment to learn, grow and advance. Lithia is a top notch employer that values their employees. The training is on going and second to none.
Pros
Great staff/team to work with
Cons
Exceptionally long hours
Good dealership to work at
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORSeptember 25, 2018
Its a great place to get into sales. I learned a lot about selling cars here. The management is helpful and vary upfront and they try their best to see you succeed. Some of the employees are distasteful due to their lack of patience and excessive temper and the lack keep "tack".
Pros
Pay, work experience
Cons
work cuts into personal life
Good company to work for
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORSeptember 22, 2018
Lithia is a fast growing company that cares about its employees. I would recommend to anyone they should apply there. They follow their core values and always support growth for employees.
Great workplace
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKSeptember 16, 2018
Chevrolet of Fairbanks was a great place to work at. If it wasn’t for the complications I had with personal/work relationships with my manager(my stepdad) I feel I would still be there
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Stepdad was my boss
Enjoyed my time there up to the last few months under the fourth General Manager in four years
Manager of Hyundai automobile Parts Department (Former Employee) –  Anchorage Hyundai, Anchorage, AKSeptember 11, 2018
Lithia is a large corporation with approximately 185 locations(and growing) that allows each dealership to operate autonomously so my experiences may differ greatly than those of someone in another location. I enjoyed my work and working with my coworkers but the location I was in went through four General Managers in the four years I was there and none of them were successful in growing the new car sales end of the store.
Pros
Good benefits package, fair compensation for the job, good amount of autonomy in my position
Cons
High turnover rate of General Manager
Simple and stressful
Representative (Former Employee) –  NMSeptember 9, 2018
BDC is an easy position and quick to learn however management getting on you for bringing more people in when you receive no formal training is very stressful and they are very easy ti replace any employee.
Sales driven and competitive
BDC Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 30, 2018
Typical day consisted of being on the phone with customers, making outbound calls to customers, keeping tabs on appointments, updating information on calls, and relaying information. I learned that this is not just being a receptionist, but a sales job all in one. You learn how to speak to customers, you learn about the car sales industry and it's vocabulary. The hardest part of the job was the pressure to bring in customers. If you do not know what you are talking about and if you are not friendly and energetic-forget it, you won't be there long, that job isnt for you and they'll find someone else. The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to know some cool and nice people, you learn what it's like to sell, and you get to learn about cars.
Pros
Some commission is available, some nice co-workers, nice environment, good learning environment
Cons
Very competitive, pushing for sales, repetitive, constantly calling people to get sales, must be okay with some very slow days, not for everyone
Started bumpy-now will never leave
Dealership Coordinator (Current Employee) –  OregonAugust 29, 2018
I have been with Lithia for 5 years and I can't imagine working any where else. There is a family feel here and I don't mean you get away with stuff. I have been called out for my mistakes and praised for my successes. I have been given the tools to succeed and used them to better myself. I have been in the Automotive industry for 27 years and I know that I have found a great place to work until I am done.
Pros
Tools to succeed, great enviroment
Cons
Some stress learning new job role
Very stressful Work environment
SERVICE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 27, 2018
As soon as you would walk through the door you would already feel your stress levels rise. Yes working non stop in a fast paced place of employment had its perks when it came to looking at the clock, but the stress you got with it was not worth it. The were customers who would yell at you for things you knew nothing about. The Service Advisors (people working on the cars) had very bad communication with their customers and I would get the bad phone calls, having no idea what was discussed between them. This job might have been nice according to my wallet, but it was not the place for me.
Pros
free car washes, discounts on service procedures
Cons
having to work past the time you got off, bad communication
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 23, 2018
Lithia values work life balance. You will work very hard and push you to achieve daily goals. Everyone that works at Lithia is very friendly and helpful.
Be ready to work... ALOT.
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 21, 2018
I went from sales to the BDC (specialized call center). It was more of a lateral move and it was recently shut down. Sales was way too many hours for too many moving target goals. It didn't help that the previous management ran the place nearly into the ground and our "sister store" was definitely in better standing with the parent company.
Some changes have been made since I quit
Detailer / Porter (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 18, 2018
Co-workers were good guys. My supervisors were very unorganized. Would be told by one to do one thing and then another would come by and tell us something totally different.
Pros
some co-workers
Cons
no raises
Fun work, terrible pay
Website Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 14, 2018
I worked in tech support and my coworkers and managers were awesome. The work itself wasn't difficult or stressful. There was little to no chance of advancement and the pay was awful
Basic processes not in place
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 10, 2018
The dealership I worked at lacked basic processes (key handling, service drive, parking, delivery, scheduling, etc). Whenever we tried to tell the new service manager how it was supposed to be run, he would tell us to stop complaining about everything.

After a month of a free for all, I was terminated because I "lacked focus" on my job. Probably the best thing that could have happened to me is being fired from Lithia Motors. Frankly Lithia, if that's all you've got then you're pathetic.
Pros
Discounts on parts
Cons
everything else
Poorly managed company
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 2, 2018
Honestly the worst company I ever worked at. Actually everything was great until Lithia Motors bought out our company. You are no longer a valued employee with Lithia you are just a employee number. They didn’t honor our union contract . Made drastic changes to our pay and hours of operation. The benefits are not that great and if you use tobacco you pay a higher premium. Communication is via email with Lithia on the West Coast and if you have a problem you need an answer to you don’t get a response in a timely manner. They took what was a locally owned family dealership and turned it into a corporate nightmare. I would highly recommend seeking other employment before thinking about working for the Lithia, Baierl/Day Automotive Group.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
The whole operation
Close-Knit Work Atmosphere, Good People, Decent Management
Business Development Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 2, 2018
This company prides itself on providing the Premium Experience. The employees all know one another and are courteous. Management is approachable and often available to meet with. Clients know and can sense the employees work here because they enjoy it here.
Pros
Genuinely Good Place To Work, Newer Establishment, Nice Staff
Cons
Pay Is Not Competitive
For being a large corporation you'd expect more (overall)
Payroll Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 2, 2018
Leadership is good, my managers are positive and great to work for. Pay isn't great at all and there is no room for advancement. Also, once you get hired on you are pretty much stuck at your pay rate. No raises whatsoever. Benefits are sub par, and not competitive at all compared to anywhere else I have worked. Overall, I don't recommend working here unless you are OK with doing the same job at the same pay rate for the rest of your life.
Pros
Hours are Flexible, Pretty solid work/life balance
Cons
No PTO for the first year & Minimal PTO thereafter, Benefits are not that great, When you get hired you are stuck at your pay and your position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lithia Motors, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight