Lithia Motors, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hostile Work Environment
worker (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMay 23, 2018
Management has changed what was once a family oriented company/environment to a hostile workplace. It is very cut throat now. Work performance is not rewarded rather than who you know. Lithia Corp. was great to work for- they just need to reevaluate the local management.
Pros
GREAT benefits
Cons
Poor local management
Great job
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 22, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Lithia, but knew that it was time to change career paths. My manger was definitely a micro-manager so it made it difficult for me to be successful when asked to do tasks.
High Customer Priority, Customer service is always #1.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 19, 2018
Lithia Ford of Boise has a very professional workplace environment. Any auto sales representative would be blessed to work at such a great dealership.
Fast paced work, can be slow at times
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  White City, ORMay 15, 2018
Decent hours and fun to work here. It's fast paced but there are times that it was slow. It can get dull and repetitive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the sales team.
you never have a life outside of this place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTMay 9, 2018
This Place will use you for everything you got and make it impossible to advance i the company also if someone in management does not like you good luck on keeping your job or making any money
Pros
Cons
to many to list
stressful
Fresno - BDC Admin (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 9, 2018
not for everyone
competitive at ALL times
sales men and women are nice
food on certain occasions
good perks for working there
sales commision is ok
Not for the faint of heart.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMay 8, 2018
It has been many years since I worked for this company, so it may have a different culture than when I worked there. The management is a major factor of my rating, and I'm not sure any of the managers from when I worked there are still with the company. It was a very high pressure job, and some associates were pushed to the point of being cut-throat to try and meet expectations.
Pros
There is money to be made in car sales.
Cons
Pressure, Cut throat, management
Great Employer
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, NYMay 4, 2018
Lithia is a very diverse employer and i have acquired many skill sets related to the auto industry.
I have decided i would like to move to Florida and unfortunately they do not have any locations there!
Open very friendly environment
Accounts Payable Admin (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 22, 2018
This a very fast paced work environment, with the expectation to be efficient and cater to complete customer service at all times. Very highly motivated problem solvers do very well here.
Pros
Self time management
Cons
Very large open work space
Fast Pace Friendly Atmosphere
Deal Admin (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 20, 2018
While working here at Lithia I have been able to expand on my accounting skills, this is a very fast pace work environment, with lots of changes taking place regularly.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not a competitive wage
Remote - Non Supportive Manager
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2018
Worked remotely on corporate level. Could not apply full spectrum of learning for 6 weeks. Tech issues hindered productivity. Training was given out of state. Ongoing support was minimal and patience was non-existant.
Benefits
Cons
Remote support from Management
Noy enough work
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORApril 13, 2018
Overall A good place to work. Just not enough work . Plenty of room to learn all you want. My manager was pleasant to work with. Good opportunity for advancement.
A large and growing organization
New Vehicle Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 11, 2018
Lithia has done a lot of growing over the years and there are big discrepancies in wages between new employees and managers. Employee turn over was a major problem when I work there. However, there are lots of opportunity for career growth and if you are flexible you will be surprised at the ability to move around in the company.
Pros
Job Oppertunity
Cons
Low starting wages
I was amazing place beside management
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 6, 2018
Great place to work for just hours that they had is working or I couldn’t have family time with my kids And they wouldn’t move me up when I was ready to a different sales position
Pros
Great company benefits
Cons
Hours were just crazy
Expected to work as a slave but no resources given to provide amazing customer service
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 29, 2018
Lithia Motors Corporate Management is more interested in being number one in the nation by purchasing new dealers and selling equipment/resources to the stores that they already own instead of pushing to sell cars and bringing up their customer satisfaction. they talk about being one big happy family but once a new store is purchased, they leave you half way set up into their system and make you the forgotten step child.

they expect employees to work hard to their last breath and expect you to stay over your 8 hour shift but will get on your case when they see your timecard having an hour+ of overtime and question it.

they want you to perform certain tasks but will not give you the resources to complete the task. they leave you on your own and once you find out a way to finish said task, you will most likely get in trouble for improvising because that is not the way they do things.
Once they take over. You are screwed big time!
Former Sales (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, NYMarch 28, 2018
Took a great company to work for and turned it upside down and inside out. Cut everyone's pay in half or even 2/3. The long time loyal people were forced out through pay plan changes and unrealistic expectations. Loyalty means nothing. They will screw everyone and anyone. Employees and customers. They don't care about customer retention. Only stock prices. They want you to work as much as you can and for as little as possible. Don't do business with them and certainly don't work for them. If they buy your dealership. GET OUT AND RUN! It's the beginning of the end
Pros
Cons
Low pay, unrealstic goals, poor management
New management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAMarch 28, 2018
The new GM is making this place not a good place to work. He hired some blond chick that also thinks she runs the store and he lets her. They forced an employee into a position they did not want.
Poor management and no advancement.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 27, 2018
I’m planning on moving on from this employer and I don’t think I’m going back as long as they keep that management. False promises and shady work ethics. I wouldn’t recommend this place for employment or for services.
Pros
The coworkers there
Cons
Everything else
Claim Specialist Property & Causalty.
Property & Casualty Claim Specialists Risk Mgt (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 26, 2018
My typical day at Lithia Motors was investigating, evaluating, mediating and negotiating claim settlements for various stores. Gathering enough information to make the most informative decision. I have learned that working as a team player with management is most effective in getting claims handled efficiently.

The workplace culture is professional, some stores more than others. The hardest part of the job is informing the stores or public there is no coverage or the claim has been denied. The most enjoyable part of the job is serving and helping others.
Pros
Serving and helping others.
Cons
Working in ever-changing reorganizing environment.
Poor management
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  OregonMarch 23, 2018
Stay away. If you have experience and don’t need a last resort. Then run away They have no clue what goes on in their dealerships. Very bad management. Top-down.
Pros
Non
Cons
Plenty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lithia Motors, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight