LITTLE COMPANY OF MARY Employee Reviews

Flexibility
Public Safety Officer/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 1, 2019
I have been here for two years and have been in school the whole time. Their Per Diem positions are flexible and they do not closely monitor how often you are working.
Changing atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILNovember 12, 2018
There is a lot of change and movement but there is good progress being made.
They have people in place that should not be and they are proactively working to correct this issue
The future for LCMH looks promising as long as they stay on the present course.
Atypical day is busy and fast paced everyday there is educational opportunities presented and I don't feel like management take full advantage of the opportunities the culture at LCMH is very unbalanced the line staff do not feel connected to the leadership everyone work in silo's and they should be more collaborative.
Pros
Positive Changes
Cons
Leadership does not enforce accountability enough
work place
Radiology Transporter (Current Employee) –  San Pedro, CASeptember 5, 2018
I a typical work day is good at my place everyone works like a team player and is always willing to go the extra mile for the patients.I think the hardest thing about my job is when we dont have enough staff.for the most part patients always leave happy due to the good service they recieve from us .
The manager of imaging is a two face so and so. Human resource has her back and not the employees.
Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILAugust 5, 2018
Little Company use to be a nice place to work. Unfortunately, management is awful. Does not have your back at all. Will throw you under the bus any chance they get. Very sad. I miss the employees but not the management.
Poor management in Patient Access Department
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILApril 19, 2018
Sad to say, this hospital has gone downhill very much. Management, in this department just doesn't care or doesn't know what she is doing. This used to be a hospital I would recommend. Go to Palos!
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Pay is below average, management horrible.
A well organized environment, fast paced and multi tasked
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILMarch 14, 2018
The most enjoyable thing about working here is the ability to help those in need. I love the consistency of the workflow and the positive attitude of my fellow employees, that help make the work environment easy going.The patient is top priority here.
the place is very homemy, people are very friendly and kind
Registered Nurse- Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILMarch 5, 2018
Having worked as a vascular OR RN gave me a whole lot of very good experiences- from being a constant circulator and scrub nurse in the room. The constant exposure gave me a specialty skills which I believe prepared me to explore more learnings in another challenging place.
volunteer work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Great place to work. Helped and took care of many patients and the staff really did work hard to keep their patients happy. It was a very clean environment and had great management
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
it was a voluntary position so was not able to stay or get paid
Excellent company/hospital/medical centers to work at
Medical Assistant Front and Back Office/DEXA tech (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I LOVED my job! I had a great group of co-workers and management was very professional and experienced and organized. The benefits and discounts are amazing. For instance my first child was born premature (she was in the NICU for 2and a half weeks) and she had numerous medical bills but the doctors/hospital wrote ALL of my bills off! My family and I were really stressing, it was a MAJOR BLESSING to be taken care of by my employer. Really had a wonderful camaraderie ! I highly recommend working here.
Pros
free lunches, celebrate birthdays, holidays together
Cons
sometimes when slow, had to leave without pay unless you had PTO
Well loved community hospital
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 22, 2017
Great place to work especially for newly qualified registered nurses. Great new grad program. Patients and families are appreciative of staff. Many opportunities for growth and further education. Management is extremely supportive of staff development needs.
Pros
Cons
Lower pay than other nearby hospitals
Relaxed
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 12, 2017
Night team is awesome, great synergy!
Busy almost every night. Stroke and Cardiac Center.
Pros: Easy parking, great teams, patients are very sweet.

Cons: processes are not fine tuned as yet. Pay for area is low as staff, great as traveler.
Fun place to work
Respiratory Therapist RRT (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 3, 2017
Great support system with the objective of improving one's performance. As a traveler from agency, i fit in without feeling an outsider. There were reward programs to appreciate outstanding performance.
Pros
great retention rate
Cons
It was too long a drive for me
Newcomers beware
Rather stay anonymous (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAJuly 21, 2017
If you're new, the staff will stick together even when they're wrong. They have crazy controlling old timers here. The old timers run the Dept and everyone just have to stay out of there way. One old white lady was Very territorial about a common space. It was an office for the entire Dept but she claimed it as her own with all her personal items. So annoying :/
busy
Visitor Reception Associate (Current Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILJune 26, 2017
working at the hospital is a great job because you meet alot of people and it is a fast paced job and always different.my coworkers are great we all help each other and work together
Pros
good people
Cons
can be exsposed to illness
Wonderful office team
PSR (Current Employee) –  EvergreeApril 5, 2017
Love the environment and location of employer. Change is never a bad decision to grow!!! I have worked here for seven years and seen all kinds of changes. I really do miss the staff who went forward in life and made the best decision for them.
Pros
Great people
1st job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2017
Always busy. Learned to make large amount of sandwiches.Managenent was nice. Diversified culture. Making nourishments was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was making friends.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
I can't remember any.
Horrible Place to Work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILMay 16, 2016
Extremely short staffed. No room for advancement. No one in your corner. No one willing to help out. Absolutly no team work.
Worse Company Now with New Management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evergreen Park, ILSeptember 17, 2015
I'm a former Employee since 2013. When I was hired at the time, the management was nice and was a flexible place to work. Especially if you had kids it was the best time. I use to enjoy my summer before as well as fallow my Dr. When he had vacation I will have vacation. Never had to worry about coverage. Now you have to request and my not get approved due to covering other clinics. You are no longer in one facility. Schedule is not reliable due to them calling you to cover another clinic. If you reject you will be written up you are forced to take lunch if not you are written up as well. Let me tell you about the pay. For 12 years of experience your pay is 16.50 that's a low pay. Wait there is more!! If you request Vacation or sick time you will not get paid your full 8 hours. They will adjust your hours you are to have a week .they don't reimburse you for gas cause you will drive back and forth. Management is the worse. They act nice but once your in you see the true colors. They stress you out everyday. Before them I was on my own with no one looking over me. Never had a problem nor heard any type of complaints from anyone. My work was always done on time . I would stay extra hours just to finish cause I was happy . Didn't mind staying cause it was flexible. Now it's a poor company. It's all about money and they are the boss,you do what I say attitude. There has been a lot off turn overs since last year. People leave left and right. new employees leave with in weeks. What does that tell you! Now I'm looking for something new. Love my Dr. and Co work. Will miss them very  more... much. But stress is a bad thing. No advancement here. For AFF little company evergreen park and oak lawn & burbank are all the same company. Look some were else's. With all honestly is all true about them. This company is going under. Dr's are leaving as well. That should tell you a lot.  less
Warm and welcoming environment
R.N. Student (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAAugust 26, 2015
This is an ideal hospital to do your clinical nursing practice if your student nurse. Everyone of the professional staff members, from the RN's to the Doctors are constantly teaching you the art of nursing as long as you are willing to learn.
Pros
Farmers Market one day a week
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2015
The worst place to volunteer
The patients are great
the volunteer supervisors are racists and are extremely rude