Little General Convenience Store Employee Reviews

It is a great job sometimes
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Princeton, WVMay 17, 2019
The hours are low and you dont get the hours you are Promised to get everyone makes it out as a Competition to work here to be the best but the general manager doesn't see who's the best she looks for who is her friend so dont expect manager positions coming your way.
Two stars for this job
Pros
You only get a cigarette break every two hours if you smoke.
Cons
5 minute smoke breaks
Id like reviewing the best opportunity through the rest of the tax season an see the difference as work is established to bring interst to company(s)
Counsiling an figuring of diverse connection (Current Employee) –  Pennsylvania ave south charleston w.v.May 8, 2019
Id have the opportunity to except the role of the copanies best interest to have while i do the best the general management has per pay and assisting with safety and rules that may apply
Pros
Exceptions due to stepping up
Cons
Doing whats best, and not letting the cons gets in the way of my oppertunity to work at the convienience of work, and other employees, and also customers.
Overal summary
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVApril 17, 2019
It was a pretty good job. I just had to leave for family health and my health. Could have some improvement. They kept changing some thing and some costomers would get upset but that was how it was. I had a job to do couldn't always please them.
It’s an great starter job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lizemores, WVApril 14, 2019
I didn’t expect to stay here this long.... now it’s time for a new job.. I love my costumers and I like the job I have I just don’t like everything that comes along with it
Pros
I have three weeks vacation
Cons
My health and home life
ok
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Glen Daniel, WVApril 10, 2019
i like it kinda cool the workers are nice the custmores vary and from person to person. usually the older people are the ones that get hateful . just standing around is kinda hard .
Pros
nice people
Cons
grumpy custmers
Enjoyable work expirence
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Daniels, WVApril 7, 2019
I enjoy my job, however I am ready to start a career. After gaining my bachelors it is time for me to move on from my job as an assistant manager to something much more beneficial to myself and my family.
Great for part time work but probably not a great choice for only source of income
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVApril 7, 2019
A very fast paced environment. Not meant for those who do not handle stress well or have a short temper. Not many opportunities for advancement. Benefits are not that great.
Okay job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Johnsonville, TNApril 3, 2019
Its a okay job and actually didn't hate that job but when you have a manager that dont like you and fires you when you go to a funeral. I find it very sad. Would not recommend because of the manger.
Great perspective on good work ethics.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Glen Jean, WVMarch 29, 2019
Respected by co-workers, and manager, recognized for how well you do, Positive work place, amazing work structure and ethics. routine job, sole priority is to make customers happy and serve them safely.
Pros
Positive almost all the way around.
Cons
Barely anything too dificult to handle
Enjoyed working with my supervisor
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVMarch 12, 2019
My supervisor was great to work for. I did not like being on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The store I managed was a 24 hour operational store. The employees would not show up or call off and I would have to cover the shifts
Fast Paced job for excellent multitasker
Front cashier (Current Employee) –  Paris, TNFebruary 16, 2019
The best thing about working at Little General is all the people. It is a very busy store so your time flies. The work is hard but at the end of the day I can know that I helped a lot of people, saving the company money and time.
I really enjoy selling. So I add on at every opportunity, helping the customer and the company,
Pros
No limitation for learning, working with customers
Cons
Low Pay
Not a growing company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Teays Valley, WVFebruary 12, 2019
Ok place for a first job but can’t go farther in the company due to it being a family fan bissness and not getting paid to travel to other stores is a minus too
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No room to work up
Very hectic and stressful
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Callaway heightsFebruary 9, 2019
My blood pressure has been extremely high since starting here and working all 3 shifts in one week is not cool,they don't pay you enough to put up with the things you have to it wouldn't be a bad place to work if they would manage it right and pay the workers more money it's really not enough to live on
Pros
Eat when you can
Cons
Short breaks
Awesome
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Johnsonville, TNFebruary 5, 2019
Awesome place to work fast paced great customers awesome customer service great deli food store was very clean bathroom was always clean customers were always nice
Enjoyed working there.
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradshaw, WVFebruary 4, 2019
Little general is an awesome place to work. The manger is very easy to get along with. The store I was at was close to home and being a mom 3 of that came in handy
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
Liquor law i understand but it needs to be blocked on register to it can not be sold.
enjoyed working there
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJanuary 1, 2019
Some days were busier than others. When the lotto is high, the store gets very busy. Management was willing to work with you if you need certain days off. I already had some experience working at a convenience store when I lived elsewhere.
Little General
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Former Employee) –  Dresden, TNDecember 4, 2018
I liked working at Little General. I loved working with people and being able to help people with what they needed. However I didn't like the management at Little General. The management was very poor.
Pros
Cons
No Breaks
Great place.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lizemores, WVDecember 4, 2018
There was great management there, the people were always super friendly, and you have to have a notch for dealing with the public, and these people overset that! They are wonderful.
Little General was great.
Food Champion (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WV 25802November 30, 2018
Little General was a great company to work for and I enjoyed my time there. The staff was very professional and hardworking. We always tried to keep the work area clean and the customers needs met.
Pros
Great people to work with and for. It helped to imporve my communication skills.
Cons
I don't really have anything negative to say about the job.
fun place to work
Cashier, Assistant Manager, Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVNovember 29, 2018
very fast paced, attention to detail a must. Must be customer friendly and focused. The company has 108 retail stores and 70 some restaurants so sometimes it seems as if you are not a priority.
Pros
able to work own schedule
Cons
with all their stores sometimes things are slow to get done.