Little General Convenience Store Employee Reviews in Beckley, WV

Work
Burger King (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 15, 2019
This was my first job ever and I loved it for awhile, and then a year passed and a new manager came along and she had it out for me so I put in my two weeks and left.
Pros
Fun, free food, friendly, breaks
enjoyed working there
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJanuary 1, 2019
Some days were busier than others. When the lotto is high, the store gets very busy. Management was willing to work with you if you need certain days off. I already had some experience working at a convenience store when I lived elsewhere.
Little General was great.
Food Champion (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WV 25802November 30, 2018
Little General was a great company to work for and I enjoyed my time there. The staff was very professional and hardworking. We always tried to keep the work area clean and the customers needs met.
Pros
Great people to work with and for. It helped to imporve my communication skills.
Cons
I don't really have anything negative to say about the job.
fun place to work
Cashier, Assistant Manager, Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVNovember 29, 2018
very fast paced, attention to detail a must. Must be customer friendly and focused. The company has 108 retail stores and 70 some restaurants so sometimes it seems as if you are not a priority.
Pros
able to work own schedule
Cons
with all their stores sometimes things are slow to get done.
Horrible place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVFebruary 14, 2018
Terrible place to work. I was attacked on the job and because I defended myself i was terminated. They were very unhelpful in getting my unemployment as well and tried to fight me on it. If at all possible I'd find other employment.
Fun place to work.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJanuary 13, 2018
Very exciting place to work. Having a good team on your side is always a plus too. I really enjoyed working for LG stores. Would highly recomend working for any of their businesses.
keep your eyes peeled
Cashier/Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVAugust 7, 2017
When I first started working here it was all good aside from a few hiccups here and there from the management. Then it starts to go down hill and people start to fired left and right. New management comes in and for the longest time the deliveries never had the right stuff or the correct amount of stuff. Then next thing I know I'm being fired for theft of money that I know for a fact I never took.
Employees
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 29, 2017
Anytime I have worked for Little General, employees were not as of much importance as managers. Many benefits were not given or raises. I've had many problems with my paychecks also.
Pros
discounted meal, smoke breaks
great place to work for!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 21, 2017
Company in general was a great company, but i moved around to didn't shift to make sure I had my hours in, had a few bosses that showed favoritism in one store but the rest was treated respectfully.
Pros
Working together for hours
Cons
favoritism
Very fun public place to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 8, 2017
I was a cashier who quickly moved up to store manager.A typical day at Little General is getting all the reports for the day and downloads to registers before the morning commute came through. Making sure fresh coffee and breakfast pizza was ready. I think the hardest part of the job was getting the inventory loss down. What I enjoyed the most and miss is my customers. I met a lot of people from all different back grounds.
Pros
Meeting a lot of fun unique people.
Cons
Counting cigarettes.
Family oriented company
AREA SUPERVISOR (RETAIL) (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVNovember 28, 2016
Generally a good company to work for. Company is growing rapidly and experiencing some growing pains. Not enough communication from the top down but it is getting better.
Cons
High Turnover and long hours
Hectic at times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVSeptember 6, 2016
The manager of the store showed favoritism to employees who were here longtime friends. Did not treat the public friendly or kindly at all
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, dirty environment, rude co workers, ever changing schedules without notifying employees
Overall a company that is hard to work for. They do not take into account that their employees have live outside of work.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 29, 2015
A typical day consisted of opening the store and cash reconciliation for the previous day. We had to prep for the day and order for the rest of the week. Staffing the store was the hardest part of my job as a Manager. The most enjoyable was my regular customers, they made the job bearable.
had a good staff and a good manager.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVMarch 28, 2015
Stayed busy always had something to do. Learned alot working there like how to do money orders, work lotto machine, work gas pumps. Co workers were awesome. My manager was great. I enjoyed my job. The hardest part of the job was putting up with the alcoholics that shopped there and constantly having to watch shoplifters.
Pros
stayed busy
Cons
not enough pay and no paid vacations or sick days. raises were poor there.
overworked and underpaid
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVDecember 8, 2014
Employees are overworked, high turnover rate, the main management are more concerned with themselves instead of there employees, high stress and very unethical working environment.
cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  beckley wv 25801January 24, 2014
A typical day at work is goin in running register stock and clean shelves, sweep and mop floor. The co workers are alright to work with some of them. Iearned how to deal with the public & multi task. The hardest part about the job is stocking the cooler. The most enjoyable part is when you go home
Great place to work and have learned alot.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVSeptember 23, 2012
My day starts at 4:30 a.m and ends around 2 or 3 p.m. I do everything from cashier to the management duties such as paperwork, banking , payroll. I make sure everthing is well stocked and that the employees are doing a good job. I do the store order and check it in when recieved and put away. The hardest part of the job is getting up so early because we open at 5 a.m. The most enjoyable would be the customers I love dealing with all the different people.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
no breaks