Little General Convenience Store Employee Reviews in Princeton, WV

It is a great job sometimes
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Princeton, WVMay 17, 2019
The hours are low and you dont get the hours you are Promised to get everyone makes it out as a Competition to work here to be the best but the general manager doesn't see who's the best she looks for who is her friend so dont expect manager positions coming your way.
Two stars for this job
Pros
You only get a cigarette break every two hours if you smoke.
Cons
5 minute smoke breaks
Was a terrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVAugust 19, 2018
If your not the favorite or if you don’t fit into they management group then you can forget getting any promotions and you never get bonuses that’s only for the gm and your not allowed to call in, for example I worked with the flu and passed it on to all my employees!! I worked there for four years and had one Christmas off!! This store is open 365 days a year 24/7 !!
Pros
There are none
Cons
Productive and fun working environment
CREW (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVMay 17, 2018
very family oriented and fun place for anyone from being your first job up to being CEO. a typical work day would be come in clock in and start up all the machines, pan bread for proofing and baking, prep bans of meats and veggies and also help assist customers that come in to order
A great place to work
Training Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVFebruary 18, 2018
I loved working her the managers and my co workers became like family, Work hard and you have great opportunities to advance. They work with you if you need time off and explain everything so you can learned to make sure the job is done right.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Amazing place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVFebruary 6, 2018
The work environment was amazing. It is a great company. I enjoyed the hours that were provided for me. The work itself was enjoyable. They were able to get off of worked when i need for doctors appointments.
The store manager is the only plus
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Princeton, WVAugust 31, 2017
Gossip runs the store, not policies. It's like being in high school again. So unprofessional it's sad. Everyone works harder at making other people look bad than they do at making the store profitable.
Pros
Proximity
Cons
Work culture
Okay first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVJuly 25, 2017
This job is the equivalent to a fast food job. Its a good first job, but not a place you would want to be long term. The work that you end up doing is worth more than minimum wage.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
no breaks, no lunch, hourly wage, customers
Keep a steady eye
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVJune 20, 2017
I have never liked calling people out but have mercy. I'm also not about to let someone steal or drive off without paying for something. Also, watch yourself with your managers as well. Had one who loved stealing before the drop and would use that to fall back on the employees. She was shortly thereafter fired.
Typical Day at Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVJune 2, 2014
The day would usually start out at 1500 and end at 2300. There were a lot of good times, though there were a lot of bad times as well. For example. I worked as a Cashier and we had all sorts of characters come in. From happy-go-lucky people to people who were drunk out of their mind and had to be put out of the store. All in all I did love the job, it was just the people that made it for me for the better and the worst.
Pros
Nice people, Always doing something
Cons
Dealing with Drunks, Can get slow from time to time.
Repetitive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVJuly 8, 2012
Same customers with same purchases each day. seldomly worked a full forty hour work week, except when someone called in then there was little notice when they called you in.
Pros
coworkers