Little General Convenience Store Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Not a growing company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Teays Valley, WVFebruary 12, 2019
Ok place for a first job but can’t go farther in the company due to it being a family fan bissness and not getting paid to travel to other stores is a minus too
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No room to work up
Was a terrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVAugust 19, 2018
If your not the favorite or if you don’t fit into they management group then you can forget getting any promotions and you never get bonuses that’s only for the gm and your not allowed to call in, for example I worked with the flu and passed it on to all my employees!! I worked there for four years and had one Christmas off!! This store is open 365 days a year 24/7 !!
Pros
There are none
Little General
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaAugust 15, 2018
I really don't have anything great to say about working for this company! Management sucks! Work hours and not get paid for it and HQ wouldn't do anything about it!
Very face paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJanuary 17, 2018
I ordered stock. I also made the weekly schedule for all employees. I was responsible for price changes. I did Alot of book keeping. Scheduled matience for the store.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Working with the public
Fun Fast paced workplace with great people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WV 26505September 19, 2017
Great people, a nice part-time job if you want it. Wages are not high and advancement is questionable. Company is family owned with strong ties to WVU.
Pros
Great people
Cons
wages/benefits and advancement
little general
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVJuly 26, 2017
An okay place to work. management is not the greatest. but the customers are wonderful to have around. mostly fasts pace and a lot of upkeep if youre looking for that type of thing
Productive and very nice to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  WVJuly 9, 2017
The hardest part about this job when you first start is getting used to all of the different people you will see. After working the job for a little while, you get used to it. The management is very nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
Fair schedules
Cons
No lunches
Overall one of the better places to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenton, TNMarch 30, 2017
Great place to work for i enjoyed it very much. the bosses were kind and understanding. It was easy to advance and had decent benefits. I would work there again.
Very nice company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Flatwoods, WVOctober 4, 2016
This company has many locations. I was able to transfer and better myself, and advance from cashier to Assistant Manager. Very friendly with all employees. Train all employees well.
overworked and underpaid
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVDecember 8, 2014
Employees are overworked, high turnover rate, the main management are more concerned with themselves instead of there employees, high stress and very unethical working environment.
would not tell anyone to apply here!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNOctober 5, 2014
This is a horable place to work.. VERY BAD!!!! would not my worst enmany to work there..
Pros
Cons
no breaks, no lunches..have to work while smoking this place sucks
Working for Little General
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Trenton TennesseeAugust 19, 2014
This job is where I first "really" learned to work side by side with fellow co-workers and to work with customers. I like working with people. I ran the cash register including debt/credit card transactions, cleaned, cooked, ordered products, inventory, checked invoices, processed and printed money orders, kept track of lotto and lottery sales and entered the morning/daily report into the computer system. I opened and closed the store. The hardest part of the job was checking the gas tank measurements. The most enjoyable part was working with the public and with people.
Pros
Great co-works and that helped make the job easier and fun
Cons
I did not like to cook
fun associates
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  ripley, tennesseeJanuary 23, 2014
A typical day at work is quite fun. I learned how to do inventory and many other things. Management is very nice. CO workers work wonderfully sometimes.
It was a great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaver, WVJune 14, 2013
Ran the cash register, greeted and thanked customers, opened and closed store on my own. Counted money and made deposits.
Loved it.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Jean WVMay 26, 2013
Everyone i worked with were fantastic workers, and very easy to get along with. It was very fast pace, if your not helping customers you are doing something to keep yourself busy.
Pros
great workers pay every week
Cons
small gas station only one employee working at a time
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Union City, TNMay 3, 2013
you work alone throughout the shift due to the store being so small. so therefore there your not running over people when in a rush. All the responsibility is of that of the employees at the time of working, this includes wiping counters, sweeping, and moping while still maintaining the customers and the register. In passing on shift change is the only time you see your co-workers but they all were very friendly. The supervisor and the manager are the only ones allotted benefits and they are salary. There really wasn't any hard parts to the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with a variety of customers throughout the day.
Pros
busy and meet and talk to alot of different people
Cons
no benefits with job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Smithers, WVJanuary 19, 2013
A typical day at Little General consists of stocking, cleaning, helping customers, and doing the daily paperwork. I learned how to deal with unhappy customers. My coworkers are not as motivated as I would like them to be. The hardest part of working at Little General is having to deal with unruly customers. The thing I like the most about working here is that it's close to my house.