Little General Convenience Store Employee Reviews for Cashier

It’s an great starter job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lizemores, WVApril 14, 2019
I didn’t expect to stay here this long.... now it’s time for a new job.. I love my costumers and I like the job I have I just don’t like everything that comes along with it
Pros
I have three weeks vacation
Cons
My health and home life
Great for part time work but probably not a great choice for only source of income
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVApril 7, 2019
A very fast paced environment. Not meant for those who do not handle stress well or have a short temper. Not many opportunities for advancement. Benefits are not that great.
Okay job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Johnsonville, TNApril 3, 2019
Its a okay job and actually didn't hate that job but when you have a manager that dont like you and fires you when you go to a funeral. I find it very sad. Would not recommend because of the manger.
it was very busy. Always had something to do
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenton, TNNovember 4, 2018
When I came in I looked to see if i needed to help restock anything right away.I took out trash, restocked shelves, done the register, checked on gas pumps.At the end of my shift I cleaned up my area and helped where needed to get things took care of.
I learned how to socialize more with the public.
Terrible Manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marlinton, WVNovember 1, 2018
The company works you to death, the manager treats you like scum and they see it as you work for them and that's it, they don't need you but you need them.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no lunch, no overtime
Nice employees, bad management
cashier (Current Employee) –  Lexington, TN 38351July 16, 2018
I enjoy my customers and fellow employees. However, management doesn't compliment you. They don't reward you. And they try to set you against each other. If you go to the manager with a complaint, the manager will tell the other person what you said.

If you want a promotion they want you to work in the new position for several months without extra pay in order to see if you can do it.

Company itself is not very well thought of by area businesses.

Same position down the street at another convenience store starts at at least $1.00 more an hour.
Pros
Customers
Easy job for newcomers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ghent, WVJune 24, 2018
Great people and great place for customer service skills, but corporate ruins everything. The people are nice and the job is easy. Basic math and basic work ethic will go far here.
Pros
People
Cons
Corporate
Poor management
Arby's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sutton, WVJune 21, 2018
I resigned from Arby's Little General because of the unfair treatment and the environment that Flatwood's Arby's is. The morale is low and the scheduling was one-sided. i worked there for two years and tried to enjoy my job.
bathroom breaks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  fayettevile WVMay 4, 2018
Nice meeting new people and getting to know people in the community. Hardest part of the job was getting a bathroom break when you were working alone.
Pros
friends
Cons
short breaks
Hate it
Cashier, Little General (Former Employee) –  Bradley, WVMarch 22, 2018
I felt the works was slow paced with poor management. I didn't feel as though our managers wanted to be there. There were several days when I was being trained that no managers were present to answer my questions. I had to figure most things out on my own.
Pros
Frequent breaks
Cons
Decent 2nd job or starter job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hico, West VirginiaMarch 17, 2018
Working at Little General is definitely an experience all in its own. It is really laid back and easy going place of work. Unfortunately, in my experience it's training pretty much includes one day of actual training, then you're left on your own. You won't make a living working here, so I suggest making this a 2nd job or starter job.
Pros
Easy going enviroment
Cons
Only get breaks if you have time.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trezevant, TNSeptember 19, 2017
Scheduling was great. Manager was wonderful. Hours were ok although the pay wasn't enough to raise a family on. I loved the people I worked with. It was laid back.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Not enough pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNAugust 5, 2017
I would recommend this place to anyone the maager was great there were always hours to get to work and the co workers were good as well. no benefits tho
Okay first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVJuly 25, 2017
This job is the equivalent to a fast food job. Its a good first job, but not a place you would want to be long term. The work that you end up doing is worth more than minimum wage.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
no breaks, no lunch, hourly wage, customers
Keep a steady eye
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVJune 20, 2017
I have never liked calling people out but have mercy. I'm also not about to let someone steal or drive off without paying for something. Also, watch yourself with your managers as well. Had one who loved stealing before the drop and would use that to fall back on the employees. She was shortly thereafter fired.
Very dysfunctional management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richlands, VAJune 5, 2017
They're all about favoritism. They treat their employees like they're nobody. They punish people for things they did'n't do and they make up gossip if they don't like you.
Pros
good benifits and raises given on time
Cons
everything to do with the store and assistant managers
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVMay 24, 2017
Make sure the store runs properly when management is not there. Make sure people pay for the products that they are wanting to purchase. Close up the store and lock it.
Bad place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNMay 5, 2017
Little General was a very rough place to work. The manager would schedule an employee to work 12+ hours a day for at least 3 days in a row. She did not care that I was in school and needed certain days off, she was a horrible manager and did not care about anybody but herself.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
no breaks, no healthcare
Awesome Loved it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, TNApril 21, 2017
Loved the people I worked with! Loved the Customers. Loved my Job Duties, Moved up quickly. And I hated that the Place closed down and he sold it. Bye
Straightforward, steady job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVMarch 18, 2017
Everyday work life was great for me, personally, because I knew the customers & was in a steady routine. I learned how to fully operate their computer system, how to handle customer issues with kindness, & how to talk to people in a professional yet friendly manner. Management was wonderful, & those in charge were the perfect amount of lenient & strict. I would usually work night shift alone, which was fine by me because I feel I work better under stress & I'm good at multitasking. The hardest part of the job would have to be finding the time to get everything done as well as I would like to, while also checking out the customers as steadily as I would like to. The most enjoyable part of this job was definitely making sure the customers had an exceptional experience.