Little General Convenience Store Employee Reviews

it was very busy. Always had something to do
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenton, TNNovember 4, 2018
When I came in I looked to see if i needed to help restock anything right away.I took out trash, restocked shelves, done the register, checked on gas pumps.At the end of my shift I cleaned up my area and helped where needed to get things took care of.
I learned how to socialize more with the public.
Terrible Manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marlinton, WVNovember 1, 2018
The company works you to death, the manager treats you like scum and they see it as you work for them and that's it, they don't need you but you need them.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no lunch, no overtime
Once you're an employee, you will fit in like family.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaSeptember 12, 2018
Overall, a great place to work for a job for extra cash. It is a loving, caring place of employment. I would recommend this job to anyone interested in looking for employment.
ok
General Manager (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaAugust 28, 2018
Management makes pretty good money. There is very little support from upper level management. If you want to move past a general management position you need to be related to someone. They expect you to be available 24/7/365. If you are on a scheduled vacation and something goes wrong you are expected to leave wherever you are and come back to deal with it so upper management doesn't have it. If you don't.. you are threatened with termination. Good job if you have nothing else going on in your life.
it had good supervisers and a good enviroment to work in
Cafe worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, WVAugust 26, 2018
I enjoyed working for little general , it had a good work environment and good opportunity to meet new people(customers), and good and friendly staff and good superviser.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no benefits
Was a terrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVAugust 19, 2018
If your not the favorite or if you don’t fit into they management group then you can forget getting any promotions and you never get bonuses that’s only for the gm and your not allowed to call in, for example I worked with the flu and passed it on to all my employees!! I worked there for four years and had one Christmas off!! This store is open 365 days a year 24/7 !!
Pros
There are none
Little General
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaAugust 15, 2018
I really don't have anything great to say about working for this company! Management sucks! Work hours and not get paid for it and HQ wouldn't do anything about it!
Great company, very laid back.
Cashier/Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 1, 2018
The Little General seems to be a great comapny to work for so far, ive only been here a month and students arent back yet so I will update further in a few days.
Nice employees, bad management
cashier (Current Employee) –  Lexington, TN 38351July 16, 2018
I enjoy my customers and fellow employees. However, management doesn't compliment you. They don't reward you. And they try to set you against each other. If you go to the manager with a complaint, the manager will tell the other person what you said.

If you want a promotion they want you to work in the new position for several months without extra pay in order to see if you can do it.

Company itself is not very well thought of by area businesses.

Same position down the street at another convenience store starts at at least $1.00 more an hour.
Pros
Customers
Good workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mullens, WVJuly 13, 2018
I have worked there for over 3 years love my job love the customers just need more money for family. Love the fact is close to my home. Only thing I’d change is a different staff.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Manager is a push over to certain people
place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNJuly 2, 2018
is ok to work for the company but they need to put better poeple in store that really care about their workers instead care about the store only.i like working with people
Pros
free luches
Cons
short breaks
Easy job for newcomers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ghent, WVJune 24, 2018
Great people and great place for customer service skills, but corporate ruins everything. The people are nice and the job is easy. Basic math and basic work ethic will go far here.
Pros
People
Cons
Corporate
Poor management
Arby's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sutton, WVJune 21, 2018
I resigned from Arby's Little General because of the unfair treatment and the environment that Flatwood's Arby's is. The morale is low and the scheduling was one-sided. i worked there for two years and tried to enjoy my job.
Fast Paced Job
Gas Station Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chapmanville, WVJune 8, 2018
In this work environment I am always busy and occupied. I am constantly waiting on new customers. I have to get them in and out as fast as possible for a higher volume.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fun working environment
CREW (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVMay 17, 2018
very family oriented and fun place for anyone from being your first job up to being CEO. a typical work day would be come in clock in and start up all the machines, pan bread for proofing and baking, prep bans of meats and veggies and also help assist customers that come in to order
bathroom breaks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  fayettevile WVMay 4, 2018
Nice meeting new people and getting to know people in the community. Hardest part of the job was getting a bathroom break when you were working alone.
Pros
friends
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced, but a good place to work.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Sutton, WVMarch 30, 2018
Little General is a great place to work. They try to work with their employees, They offer good benefits. For me, at the time I left there, I just needed more at home time. The supervisors are awesome, they are always there to help anyone with a problem.
Mostly, the work environment is socially inappropriate.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barrackville, WVMarch 23, 2018
During my employment at Little General I faced many social challenges that was completely unrelated to work. For instance, my assistant manager sexually harassed me on a daily basis via gender-based/insinuated comment or gesture; furthermore, the store manager often gossiped about the assistant managers and other employees directly--which eventually became completely intolerable. The customer base was quite complimentary, but it didn't outshine the personally off-putting aura within the work atmosphere that had manifested by way of a collective and self-serving/preserving, managerial ego
Hate it
Cashier, Little General (Former Employee) –  Bradley, WVMarch 22, 2018
I felt the works was slow paced with poor management. I didn't feel as though our managers wanted to be there. There were several days when I was being trained that no managers were present to answer my questions. I had to figure most things out on my own.
Pros
Frequent breaks
Cons
Decent 2nd job or starter job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hico, West VirginiaMarch 17, 2018
Working at Little General is definitely an experience all in its own. It is really laid back and easy going place of work. Unfortunately, in my experience it's training pretty much includes one day of actual training, then you're left on your own. You won't make a living working here, so I suggest making this a 2nd job or starter job.
Pros
Easy going enviroment
Cons
Only get breaks if you have time.