Little General Convenience Store Employee Reviews

Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNAugust 5, 2017
I would recommend this place to anyone the maager was great there were always hours to get to work and the co workers were good as well. no benefits tho
Small store and the people were mostly locals so I knew alot of my customers
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marmet, WVAugust 1, 2017
My typical day was running the register and stocking the cooler, Checking in vendors and stocking the store. And making sure the pumps were stocked with paper and cleaning the store and lot.
Pros
The customers were very nice
Cons
Management, and dead end job. No chance for a career or advancement
little general
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVJuly 26, 2017
An okay place to work. management is not the greatest. but the customers are wonderful to have around. mostly fasts pace and a lot of upkeep if youre looking for that type of thing
Okay first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVJuly 25, 2017
This job is the equivalent to a fast food job. Its a good first job, but not a place you would want to be long term. The work that you end up doing is worth more than minimum wage.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
no breaks, no lunch, hourly wage, customers
Productive and very nice to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  WVJuly 9, 2017
The hardest part about this job when you first start is getting used to all of the different people you will see. After working the job for a little while, you get used to it. The management is very nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
Fair schedules
Cons
No lunches
Employees
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 29, 2017
Anytime I have worked for Little General, employees were not as of much importance as managers. Many benefits were not given or raises. I've had many problems with my paychecks also.
Pros
discounted meal, smoke breaks
Good First Job
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Comfort, WVJune 21, 2017
It was an easy job don't take it for granted if you want to work there. The work isn't really hard as long as you can lift somewhat heavy objects. As the title says its a good first job.
great place to work for!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 21, 2017
Company in general was a great company, but i moved around to didn't shift to make sure I had my hours in, had a few bosses that showed favoritism in one store but the rest was treated respectfully.
Pros
Working together for hours
Cons
favoritism
Keep a steady eye
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVJune 20, 2017
I have never liked calling people out but have mercy. I'm also not about to let someone steal or drive off without paying for something. Also, watch yourself with your managers as well. Had one who loved stealing before the drop and would use that to fall back on the employees. She was shortly thereafter fired.
I was pregnant with my son while working here and they were not lenient with my doctors appointments
Cook (Former Employee) –  Elkview, WVJune 17, 2017
They didn't allow excused absences due to high risk pregnancy issues. And they didn't have maternity leave. I was a loyal worker and was always at work. But I miss the people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No medical leave
Loved working with public
Cashier/Deli (Current Employee) –  Lexington, TNJune 13, 2017
I learned very quickly and was happy working with public. I also cooked deli foods for breakfast. I was given a raise within the first 30 days for my work.
Hard to remain motivated
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Troy, TNJune 13, 2017
While the employees and management can be fun to work with, the environment is transient. This combined with the relative lack of benefits and low pay create little room for improvement or willingness to improve, thus the demoralized atmosphere that eventually drives the majority of employees to seek different opportunities for employment.
Great coworkers
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  WVJune 12, 2017
The good workers wasn't appreciate.
Alot of favorite in the store also would hire alot of family
Didn't give the workers who done third job a thank to show them they was appreciate.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Took advance of good workers
Supervision sucks, one in particular makes you feel less of person when he talks to you
Cashier/Sales Associate/manager/deli manager/slave (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJune 11, 2017
They work management to the max, you have no life and they do appreciate anyone's efforts. This place is ridiculous! Supervisor talks to Manger like a dog. They treat you like your an idiot. No breaks. Manager is expected to do the job of 3 people. Not trained well. Everything is the managers fault. They lie about bonuses and raise when they hire you. This place all around sucks. Nothing is ever good enough. The worse place I have ever worked. You get talked down to in a belittling condescending way.
Pros
Customers are awesome most days.
Cons
They dont appreciate anything
Very fun public place to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 8, 2017
I was a cashier who quickly moved up to store manager.A typical day at Little General is getting all the reports for the day and downloads to registers before the morning commute came through. Making sure fresh coffee and breakfast pizza was ready. I think the hardest part of the job was getting the inventory loss down. What I enjoyed the most and miss is my customers. I met a lot of people from all different back grounds.
Pros
Meeting a lot of fun unique people.
Cons
Counting cigarettes.
Very dysfunctional management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richlands, VAJune 5, 2017
They're all about favoritism. They treat their employees like they're nobody. They punish people for things they did'n't do and they make up gossip if they don't like you.
Pros
good benifits and raises given on time
Cons
everything to do with the store and assistant managers
loved this place to work
Cashier, Cook, Clean (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, TNJune 2, 2017
could not ask for a better manager she would give the shirt of her back to help any one she could would love to work for her again but she has passed.
Pros
everything about this place
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVMay 24, 2017
Make sure the store runs properly when management is not there. Make sure people pay for the products that they are wanting to purchase. Close up the store and lock it.
Bad place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNMay 5, 2017
Little General was a very rough place to work. The manager would schedule an employee to work 12+ hours a day for at least 3 days in a row. She did not care that I was in school and needed certain days off, she was a horrible manager and did not care about anybody but herself.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
no breaks, no healthcare
Awesome Loved it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, TNApril 21, 2017
Loved the people I worked with! Loved the Customers. Loved my Job Duties, Moved up quickly. And I hated that the Place closed down and he sold it. Bye