Little Newtons Employee Reviews

Horrible childcare facility with massive turnover!!!
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 23, 2018
At first working here was great with coworkers feeling like family. But then you start to watch the massive turnover happening, 8 people in ONE month! They just throw anybody into a role with next to no training and do little to enforce licensing violations. Parents are not informed who is replacing who, where their kid will be, employees are left just as clueless and yelled at for not knowing how to read supervisor’s minds. Very stressful and tense atmosphere! Management is extremely negative and not encouraging whatsoever. I would never recommend to anyone employee or prospective parents. Find somewhere that puts children first, not profit!
Pros
Kids, Parents
Cons
Poor management, No set schedule, Hard to use PTO (Understaffed), overworked etc.
Feels like we are family
Teacher Assistant/Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaDecember 1, 2018
Little Newtons is a really big company and it feels like we are all family. That is something that is hard to find in companies that are big in size. I feel like I'm actually important working here!
Pros
feel heard + important, pay, and families
Cons
other coworkers
Management is good
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 29, 2018
I really enjoy the support that I receive from upper management - whenever there is a problem at all, they fix it within reasonable time. That means a lot to me!
Pros
pay, management, curriculum
Cons
without schooling, hard to move up
Satisfied
Teacher (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 24, 2018
I am the happiest I have ever been in a job or position. I would highly recommend working at Little Newtons to anyone that is interested in working with children.
Pros
Management, pay, families
Cons
management expects us to follow all of the rules, which is great but sometimes other staff just quit when they're told to do something
Dont ever work here
Lead Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Champlin, MNNovember 5, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked. I worked here 1 year too long. Made my life miserable and management doesn’t give two cares about the employees or children. Makes my heart hurt.
Awful management
Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 26, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked! No one should of apply high turnover rate and the management is god awful. They do not care about the staff at all, so don’t even apply
Cons
Very difficult role, zero formal training provided
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 26, 2018
You interview at Little Newton's and as long as you aren't a criminal, youre basically hired on the spot. Your first day will be thrown into a classroom of screaming children with other teachers who are also new (high turnover rate) and management reprimands you for not knowing how to tame these strange children. They then continue to provide demands to fix your problems but don't offer solutions on how to proceed. Oh and then a week later when someone else new shows up, be expected to train them.

Then if you do manage to stick around for a while, dont expect a raise, theyll make every excuse in the book not to give you one or withhold "bonuses"
Pros
Hour-long lunch
Cons
Management isn't supportive, no training or team meetings provided
unorganized
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MSAugust 26, 2018
Directors are no help and don't communication with each other. Long hours without being asked to stay. Some days are just no fun and it can be very stressful.
Pros
working with the kids
Cons
long hours, no communication
Best job
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 30, 2018
Best job I've had. During the 2 years I worked for LN, I've learned a lot of things and interacted with a lot of wonderful & adorable children.Love being a part of the team.
Pros
Staff here is great, overall managment is impeccable, experience here is very positive.
Cons
Nothing to complain about currently.
The work is challenging
Child Care Aide (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 28, 2018
Fulfilling work experience at LN, I've never had a boring day. The work may be challenging and not for everyone, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far.
Pros
Overall cleanliness, policies, supportive management
Cons
Not all staff put in their effort
Very rewarding work experience
Teacher (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 22, 2018
Very rewarding work experience while I was working at Little Newtons. The children, staff, and work environment are all great. I feel good every day coming into work.
Pros
Curriculim, staff, pay
Cons
Some staff call in
Love working here
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 20, 2018
Love working at Little Newtons! Recommend to other people as well. 5/5 for sure. I'd definitely work here for a long time.Little Newtons is so welcoming and rewarding.
Pros
Positive overall work environment
Cons
None that I can think of at this moment
I enjoy working for Little Newtons
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 12, 2018
Couldn't be happier working here, absolutely love working for Little Newtons. Their staff is and always will be stellar. I enjoy working alongside my coworkers.
Pros
Work environment, care of children, and overall management is stellar
Cons
A few long term staff can be negative
Best childcare center
Teacher (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 9, 2018
Best childcare center by far, wouldn't be working for any other. Really enjoy my time here. And I always look forward to coming into work.Superb management, pay and coworkers, keep doing you
Nice place to work
teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 9, 2018
Little Newtons is a really good place to work. I love all of the staff I get to work with. The families who come to us are wonderful and I really enjoy helping the kids to grow and learn every day.
Curriculum is amazing
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIFebruary 6, 2018
Working with kids at Little Newtons is a lot of fun! Not to mention the curriculum is amazing and our directors are so supportive.I can get full time hours doing what I love.
Excellent
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 2, 2018
I love working in the classroom at Little Newtons and making a positive impact on the children I get to teach each and every day. Overall I love working at this company!
Overall I love working at this company
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 31, 2018
I love working with the kids who attend Little Newtons and teaching them such a great curriculum. Management is always approachable and I always feel supported.
Cons
Would be nice to have extra training when possible
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 30, 2018
This is a great place to work! The managment is extremely hard working and supportive. I love working with kids so this is a great job for me. I like that little newtons teaches the kids so much from 4 different languages to new art and science projects every day. Little newtons has a very organized learning curriculum and you have a binder of detailed instructions of all the subjects and projects you will be teaching the kids. The day is very fast paced and goes by quick plus employee's get a hour break for lunch! This is a very rewarding job !
I am very happy at Little Newtons
Aid (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 29, 2018
At my previous job we only received one 15 minute break, at Little Newtons I get an hour which I really like. I love my coworkers and all the children I get to work with too! I am very happy at Little Newtons, I’ve referred 4 of my friends to apply here as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Newtons. Our community is ready to answer.