Little Newtons Employee Reviews

The work is challenging
Child Care Aide (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 28, 2018
Fulfilling work experience at LN, I've never had a boring day. The work may be challenging and not for everyone, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far.
Pros
Overall cleanliness, policies, supportive management
Cons
Not all staff put in their effort
Very rewarding work experience
Teacher (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 22, 2018
Very rewarding work experience while I was working at Little Newtons. The children, staff, and work environment are all great. I feel good every day coming into work.
Pros
Curriculim, staff, pay
Cons
Some staff call in
Love working here
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 20, 2018
Love working at Little Newtons! Recommend to other people as well. 5/5 for sure. I'd definitely work here for a long time.Little Newtons is so welcoming and rewarding.
Pros
Positive overall work environment
Cons
None that I can think of at this moment
I enjoy working for Little Newtons
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 12, 2018
Couldn't be happier working here, absolutely love working for Little Newtons. Their staff is and always will be stellar. I enjoy working alongside my coworkers.
Pros
Work environment, care of children, and overall management is stellar
Cons
A few long term staff can be negative
Best childcare center
Teacher (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 9, 2018
Best childcare center by far, wouldn't be working for any other. Really enjoy my time here. And I always look forward to coming into work.Superb management, pay and coworkers, keep doing you
Nice place to work
teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNFebruary 9, 2018
Little Newtons is a really good place to work. I love all of the staff I get to work with. The families who come to us are wonderful and I really enjoy helping the kids to grow and learn every day.
Curriculum is amazing
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIFebruary 6, 2018
Working with kids at Little Newtons is a lot of fun! Not to mention the curriculum is amazing and our directors are so supportive.I can get full time hours doing what I love.
Excellent
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 2, 2018
I love working in the classroom at Little Newtons and making a positive impact on the children I get to teach each and every day. Overall I love working at this company!
Overall I love working at this company
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 31, 2018
I love working with the kids who attend Little Newtons and teaching them such a great curriculum. Management is always approachable and I always feel supported.
Cons
Would be nice to have extra training when possible
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 30, 2018
This is a great place to work! The managment is extremely hard working and supportive. I love working with kids so this is a great job for me. I like that little newtons teaches the kids so much from 4 different languages to new art and science projects every day. Little newtons has a very organized learning curriculum and you have a binder of detailed instructions of all the subjects and projects you will be teaching the kids. The day is very fast paced and goes by quick plus employee's get a hour break for lunch! This is a very rewarding job !

Want to know more about Little Newtons?

Ask a question
I am very happy at Little Newtons
Aid (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 29, 2018
At my previous job we only received one 15 minute break, at Little Newtons I get an hour which I really like. I love my coworkers and all the children I get to work with too! I am very happy at Little Newtons, I’ve referred 4 of my friends to apply here as well.
Management is great
Teacher (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 11, 2018
Management is great, as is the curriculum we get to teach the children. And the kids are wonderful to work with. I love it at Little Newtons! wonderful experience for me.
Pros
management, curriculum, kids
Cons
Some staff do not share as much passion as others like myself
Management is always supportive
Teacher (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 9, 2018
I love being able to give young children an amazing education. Management at Little Newtons is always supportive with high integrity. It feels great working for a place like this!
Pros
education, integrity, supportive
Cons
There can be personal drama among the younger staff but that’s not the company’s fault.
Management is good
Teacher (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 3, 2018
The curriculum is wonderful and management is supportive and encouraging. You can tell Little Newtons has a passion for childhood education. I love what this company is about!
Pros
curriculum, management, passion
Cons
Coworkers are not always pulling their weight.
Interesting experience.
Teacher. (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 29, 2017
Biggest downfall of Little Newtons is lack of clear communication and acknowledging teachers’ hard work. Also, management is chaotic. Even though some of the directors work insanely hard to accomplish the daily tasks within the center; a few other directors give the quality directors a bad name. The management will react exceptionally poorly when a teacher uses a sick day or wants a personal day. Then, if short staffed, the management will generously persuade you to come in. Even if you have a contagious sickness. I wish management would listen to staffs’ suggestions, instead of blaming new people for all of the already existing problems in the facility. I truly wish there was better communication within management. I also wish the turn-over problem could be solved so we wouldn’t have to constantly shuffle children room to room, in order to meet ratio. This would be a great daycare if executed properly.
Uncommunicative, disorganized child care center
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 29, 2017
If you’re looking to work at a place that doesn’t communicate with you, makes you work long hours without asking, and makes you feel unwelcome and unappreciated then this is the place for you. When I started working here, we were a smaller center. After we doubled in size and new management was brought on, the whole atmosphere changed. I now feel like I’m just a body. Good teachers get written up for little things while nothing happens to horrible employees. And the quality of staff hired now is a joke! They can’t keep good teachers working here so now they’ll hire anyone just to maintain ratio. Since the expansion, money is all they care about now. Children who clearly should be kicked out because of violence are allowed to stay. This place has gone downhill fast! I’m sad I left my families and coworkers but not the company.
Pros
Weekends off?
Cons
No insurance, lack of communication, disrespect
Not worth the headache
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNNovember 29, 2017
The management is disorganized, and absolutely does not treat their employees well. You can't call in sick, or miss for any reason. Their curriculums seem as if they're thrown together by a second grader, unclear directions, incorrect, and partial information. Any corrections or suggestions to the curriculum or procedures are shot down, and viewed and treated as an attack towards management.
Fun work place and Great atmosphere
Teachers Aid (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 12, 2017
I just started a job at Little Newtons and the Management is great! The work atmosphere is wonderful. Very nice teachers with great experience and positive attitudes! I would definitely recommend this daycare for any child and anyone who is looking to work with kids!
Pros
1 hour long breaks!!
Cons
long hours, but worth it!
Great place to work!
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 7, 2017
I love my job! Each day is different and management is wonderful and tries their best to support you; there is not a day that goes by that management doesn't work their butts off! A typical day consists of quick, fast-paced fun lessons (five languages), art, music, math, science and outside or gym time. This facility emphasizes honesty and hard-work but allows you to have fun while you're working. The hardest part of the job is constantly adapting to the kids and their moods and focusing capabilities, which like most things vary day to day. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing how much fun the kids have learning and spending time together and how I impact their learning!

The first few days can feel overwhelming because you're learning the policies and how to interact with the kids and coworkers. Regarding the "high turnover rate" claims is that the turnover rate seems high because you cannot be on your phone constantly because you are supposed to be in the moment with your kids; this is not a daycare, this is an Early Childhood Development Center that teaches five languages other than English (ASL, Spanish, French, Italian and Mandarin). We have daily art and science projects as well as math, music and nursery rhymes.
Pros
Hour long lunch, weekends off, opportunity for overtime, great management team
Cons
High turnover rate
hard work but fun!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 6, 2017
I love working with kids so this is the perfect job for me! I enjoy coming to work everyday and teaching. I love all of my coworkers too! It is very busy and a lot of work, but the days go by really fast!
Pros
coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Newtons. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4