Little Scholars Academy of Maumelle Employee Reviews

HORRIBLE For innocent Kids
Floater Teacher (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARMarch 29, 2019
RUN! If you have a low IQ it's ok because you will not be aware of the kids eating junk. Milk not being refrigerated. Bathrooms not being cleaned. kids drinking from other kids cups because only one person is watching TOO MANY kids. The mold on wash machines and the disgusting floors and carpets. Stained with vomit and feces. I've witnessed kids with other kids feces in their mouths. Management that have been there 5 years will ask new employees "what is the ratio for the rooms" I thought it was a joke, but she really didn't know!!
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
Everything.
A Learning Lesson
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARMarch 20, 2019
I started working for Little Scholars during the summer of 2018 and at first it started off as a job sent from heaven with all the hours I was getting and the amount of employees we had at the time. That quickly dissolved as many employees were either fired or quit, leaving the only employees left with tons of hours to cover with no raise and barely any overtime. There is also an unfair treatment towards certain employees. Some employees get benefits of having overtime, extra hours (they never worked), and even just never showing up (paid time-off) while most do not get any of these options and are reprimanded for any thinking of doing this. Also during late 2018, all employees were sent a warning for our OM saying that the owners were no longer going to be giving overtime and were cutting hours short to avoid having to pay overtime to the employees.

Lets not forget about how if you are a hard-working teacher, they will try to give you another teacher's child simply because they do not wish to "deal with the child". The owners are to consumed with trying to earn a buck that they won't even tell parents about their sick child and they never enforce the 24/48 policy for sick children and allow them to return thus getting not only the children sick, but the teachers as well.

Also during my final month with Little Scholars, tons of employees started to quit. And I'm not talking about small employees, I mean OM and AM were leaving and showing out because they could no longer handle the poor treatment that they received for the amount of work that they were doing. The company
  more... got into to about 3 lawsuits and it just became to much to handle along with me getting sick every month due to the rule breaking for sick children.  less
Pros
Spending time with the children and the coworkers
Cons
Managment and Untruthful Background Work
Loved my coworkers and the children!
Lead Teacher, Driver, Cook (Former Employee) –  Maumelle (West and East Campus)January 23, 2019
I worked for LSAM for almost two years and was a very loyal employee. My work ethic was unmatched. Anytime they asked, I was there. Even on my birthday, I worked half a day because they were understaffed even though I was scheduled off for the day. I was told so many times that I could advance to assistant/director and took multiple training courses and they still passede over. Funny thing is, the lady they hired quit on them in less than a year. I was dedicated and loved the children tremendously. But that was snatched from me when a child lied to his parents about me "scratching him". DHS (and I have paperwork to prove it) proved me innocent. But they never even reached out to apologize for letting me go before knowing everything. It just hurt me and I could have hady reputation tarnished behind it!
Pros
My coworkers made the day better
Cons
Management did not know how to manage a daycare and the owners are all about the money, not the well being of the children.
Fun Place to work and hands on
Teacher (Current Employee) –  10910 Maumelle Blvd.August 23, 2018
I been working for Little Scholars for a while and I can say working here has grew me. I have learned so much while working here and I am happy to say all the people at Little Scholars are great. They have taught me so many things about children and how to work with other people I am so grateful. I can truly tell a person if you work here you would have a great time and learn so much if you plan on having a career in childhood.
Pros
Weekends off, Flexiable Hours, friendly management
Awesome work environment!
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, ARAugust 20, 2018
Working for Little Scholars Academy of Maumelle for over 2 years has been a great experience. There has been great opportunities and room for career advancement. The environment is great, the students are happy to learn, and there is great team work practiced among the teaching staff. Highly recommended!
Pros
Career advancement opportunities, Awesome work environment
Fun place to work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARJanuary 24, 2018
Little scholars is an okay place to work at, as long as you don’t mind bending and breaking DHS rules. They don’t follow DHS guild lines with health and safety.
I would rather work in a cotton field!!!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, AROctober 29, 2017
Work very hard for low pay, your hard work and dedication isnt recognized. No vacation, no appreciation, very unorganized. Management doesnt have a clue how to run center. Teachers are late on day to day basis, with no consequences. Supplies such as cleaning are always low. Children are fed slop. Building is dirty. Owners focus on only monetary matters, nothing else matters to them!
Pros
When you clock out after your shift is over and your "free at last"!
Cons
Staff are cut throat people, no vacation, no appreciation for teachers, only concern about enrolling and keeping numbers up
Great environment to work in
Floater Teacher (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARMay 10, 2017
Little Scholars Academy of Maumelle is a great to with all ages of children ranging from 6 week infants to after school students that are grade level. They have a lot of hands on activities for the children.
Great place to work!
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, ARDecember 5, 2016
I have worked for Little Scholars Academy of Maumelle for over 3 years. In that time I have advanced from an assistant teacher to a lead teacher to an assistant director. LSAM is a great place to work with a friendly staff whose number one concern is the well-being of the children in their care.
Pros
chances for advancement, great work environment
Company is committed to providing excellent care for children
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, AROctober 16, 2016
Little Scholars Academy of Maumelle provides competitive pay to their employees. Employees receive raises annually based on performance. The company provides paid sick time and pays for dental. Other benefits are offered to employees during open enrollment. Teachers are treated fairly and often times receive paid lunch and some paid trainings.
Wasn't what I expected. .to much drama
floter (Former Employee) –  North Little RockMay 5, 2015
My day consists of reliving teachers for lunch. Sometimes the teacher would be late and the director cared little about this. Both directors are rude and love to talk about you to other teachers and then smile in your face. I have even had to go to a director about talking about me but not to me!! (In a very educated manner) employees will do anything to get to the top even if that means telling on another employee. I have witnessed this several times but I just walk off because I didn't want to be a part of that. I later quit because those women complain about everything! ! I will always miss the kids but I can live without the unnecessary.( IVEY SANDERS!).
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
drama drama run.. don't pay enough!
The kids make the job enjoyable
Teacher/floater/ van driver (Former Employee) –  North little rock, arkansasNovember 6, 2014
Im an former employee, I have 5yrs experience working with kids of ages 3-16yrs old. This is the first childcare center ive worked for that is the most unorganized. A day (in my position) starts with dropping kids off at school returning to 3-4 other people floating (giving teachers breaks and/or making copies for them) the problem with that is its only 5/6 rooms and during school days not many kids for that many personel. I say that to say you barely get hours, you are expected to over work for low pay also its only TWO classroom that actually teach (Baylor, Vanderbilt) the asst director Danielle dresses as If she is going on a date...and the management only is seen when its time for parents to pay tuition or DHS is making a visit...overall place to work NO. Nice environment for your kids to make additional friends YES..
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
low pay and rude asst. director

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Scholars Academy of Maumelle. Our community is ready to answer.

Little Scholars Academy of Maumelle Reviews by Job Title