Little Sisters of The Poor Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nice place to work, but since it was a non-profit, the $$$ just wasn't there and my position, after 19 years, was eliminated due to cutting costs.
Development Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed my work at the Little Sisters, but when they had to cut costs, I was out of a job.
It was a lovely family atmosphere and I had many friends among the 92 residents. I enjoyed meeting with benefactors and raising $$$ for the mission of the Little Sisters of the Poor.
Pros
Nice, family atmosphere
Cons
low pay
Great place to be employed . Opportunity to grow and family work environment.
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 17, 2018
I have worked for the company for 20 years. It’s a wonderful place to work and would not consider leaving except I have moved an hour away. The benefits are good and working holidays you receive a day of pay plus time and a half worked. Also you accrue sick time which can be cashed out when you accumulate a certain number.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No tuition reimbursement
Nice facility to work in and very clean
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 12, 2018
Fun workplace to be in especially on the assisted living unit. It was usually two aides on that unit during the day but that was okay because there were enough residents for two people to split and you were fine and not overworked. Residents and nursing staff were very friendly and welcoming
Dietary Aide
DIETARY AIDe (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2018
This is a great job for someone who has other commitments such as school or just wants to make some extra money. If you work full-time you do get some decent benefits such as paid time off and health care. There are 5 different shifts that you can work. 6:30am - 3pm, 7am - 2:30pm, 12pm-8pm, 4pm-8pm, and 5pm-8pm. The hardest part of this job is communicating with the residents, as they all have varying levels of consciousness but it can also be one of the more enjoyable parts as well. The staff are friendly and though it can be fast paced there are moments of downtime that allow you to catch your breath.
Dining Services Aide (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2018
When I first start little sister of the poor I was so scared cause it was all older people. As I got the work with them people they was so nice . I start to lean more things from them.
A very happy atmosphere, and lost of activies.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2018
Working there was very different from most nursing homes, it is a very religious setting. For the most part a typical day was having to prepare the nuns for mass several times in one day. How they dress, how often they pray. I would give there management a seven on a scale of one to ten I say that because they showed a lot of favoritism The job itself was not hard,but it can be very challenging when you have to work short from call offs. My most enjoyable part was taking care of the residents making someone have a beautiful day.
Very relaxed and quiet environment
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 12, 2018
I loved working here, great environment and fast paced yet relaxed atmosphere. it is no longer in existence as it is now called St. Lukes. I would have recommended this company if they were still around.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
short lunch breaks
You will love the environment. Nuns can be tough.
STNA (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 11, 2018
I've been there for over six years. I love my job, my residents, and my co-workers. Just be kind and have patience and you will fit in. You don't have to be catholic I am not but I am a Christian. So if that environment isn't for you that could be a problem.
Pros
1 twenty minute break and 1 half hour lunch break
Cons
Tough nuns
fun plecae to work with around the resisdents and a beatiful place to take them for a walk in a summer day
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAApril 2, 2018
Little Sisters Of The Poor, was my first job as a nursing Assistant so I think I learned so much there. It is a religious place and everybody gets along so well, I loved it that everybody was always so respectful not only with the patients ,but with all the workers. The hardest part of being a CNA is when our patients died because we all get used to being around them, but that's part of this job and there is nothing we could do. The most enjoyable part was when I came into the room every morning to help them with daily activities, and make them simile and make them feel safe knowing that there is people who cares for them.
Cons
long breaks
Productive enviroment
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAMarch 26, 2018
It was a great place to work. There was a lot of help from the administrative personnel to assist employees. The place was always very clean and kept tidy.
Loved the residents
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oregon ohioFebruary 14, 2018
Beautiful home. The residents are great! Everyone worked together as a team to insure the residents were happy. The sisters could be nicer. Working in a department with people who have been there for a long time made it miserable.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Some of the sisters weren't very nice.
fun workplace
NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Richmond,VirginiaFebruary 2, 2018
I loved working here! My Supervisors were all nice and so were the other employees.Enjoyed the feel of being a christian atmosphere with love and compassion.
Pros
They will be understanding if you are able to talk with them.
Cons
Not many CNAs
I love working at little sister it’s just the hours
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant Qma (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2018
Little Sisters is a awesome place to work. I’ve worked here for many hours enjoyed the staff and the residents the have great activity and awesome food. It like working with family. Everyone at Little Sisters respects each other and get alone great.
Pros
They pay well
Cons
Swing shifts
I loved working here
STNA (Former Employee) –  OregonJanuary 23, 2018
I loved working here it's just the pay was to low for my job duties. I enjoyed the resident's and other staff . They also have A lot of activities for there resident's.
Pros
Some free lunches
Cons
Very comfortable place to work
Great working enviroment with servent leadershhip.
Social Service Director and Admission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 22, 2018
Wonderful environment to work in, the nuns are very devoted to the residents and they walk their talk in life. There is no room for advancement which at times may be frustrating. There is a "peace on earth" in this very small nursing home. Which can not be achieved unless there is a spiritual resident centered environment.
Pros
Best skilled nursing home in the US
Cons
no room for advancement
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 12, 2018
One of my favorite places to have worked at. Management was very professional. Co-workers were helpful and the residents were easy to work with. Work atmosphere was pleasant.
The Home is for the underprivileged and poor senior residents.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2018
The Nursing Home was clean and even the Pope visited them in 2015. It was at times like a family and other times it was like living in a dedicated religious service.
Pros
Nice residents in the nursing home.
Cons
Short breaks
Good workplace.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 2, 2018
General clean up.Too work with others. Good Supervisor. Good working environment, the hardest part of the day is clean up. The most enjoyable part of the job is picking up the mail on weekends.
Pros
lunch
Cons
short breaks.
Not what I expert
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 11, 2017
I am a catholic and I thought working at this facility would be a good one, but it was not. They work you so many more hours than you want and human resources doesn't listen to you.
Pros
Free meals on holidays
Cons
Management does not help when you are short staffed.
nursing assist/
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 27, 2017
I needed something other than overnights to fit into my daily schedule and pay wasn't the best hours were good though just needed different hours so I had to leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Sisters of The Poor. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight