Little Sisters of The Poor Employee Reviews

Loved the job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOMay 3, 2019
Easiest job I’ve ever had! Very easy to get overtime in dietary. I had full time hours as part-time. The sisters (well certain ones) were pain in the butt sometimes.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, free food
Cons
Location and certain sisters
It was afun and nicest place of work,
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2019
Was a nice place of work,all the months I spend there was a lovely one,thinking of going back after my nursing school.it was a great opportunity to working with them
a nice place to work and learn to love the elderly
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2019
having conversation with the elderly. The management is good and the workplace culture is nice. I enjoyed talking to the elderly and the hardest part was when one goes home.
Pros
getting to talk and have fun with the elderly
Cons
Was a wonderful place to work until new Superior came!
Development Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 7, 2019
It used to be a wonderful place to work until the new Superior came 2 years ago. Things changed drastically after that - sad. I enjoyed my time there until the new Superior came. Even the Residents are unhappy.
Pros
Loved the Residents and raising $$$ for them
Cons
Too many drastic changes!
A step from heaven, for the elderly.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2019
I came to LSP almost 18 years ago, with a supplemental staffing agency, and I'VE NEVER LEFT! The work environment is wonderful, and the patient to staff ratio is above average. I truly love the mission of the Sisters, and hope to retire from here.
Pros
accrued time off
Cons
only 8 hour shifts available at this time
Was a great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MODecember 7, 2018
I like working there because it was great experience Geting to know new people.The nouns where great they help people .The residents where fun to get to know.
Respectful safe place
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2018
I loved working here because I got an opportunity to communicate with lots of elderly people and here lots of story's. I looked forward to seeing everyone their and taking care of them. I was very heart broken when they closed it down.
professional staff, enjoyed working with the Sisters
Grant writer/coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CANovember 6, 2018
Worked part-time as a grant writer and managed daily donations received for the non-profit facility. Attended monthly meetings with the executive board to discuss possible grant opportunities and to report on submitted applications.
Pros
staff
Calm and Enjoyable
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 31, 2018
I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to be in a calm, relaxing environment. The management team is very cooperative and understanding and makes sure things go smoothly for their residents, employees, and volunteers.
Short staff
CNA (Former Employee) –  2325 N Lakewood AveOctober 30, 2018
The nuns run the nursing home and they are very old fashioned and not fair at times. They take advantage of your kindness and expect to much for you.
But I did like helping people.
Very productive and enjoyable place to intern.
Therapeutic Recreation Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 10, 2018
* Assists with planning, organizing, and implementing special events, individual and group activities, implement specialize dementia activity (Life Enrichment program), assists with music therapy individual/ group sessions, assists with therapeutic use of art programs, holiday celebrations, and community outings.
* Attends and actively participates in department meetings and resident care conferences.
* Completes initial comprehensive assessments, annual and quarterly assessments.
* Documents the individual activity interventions, quarterly progress notes, change of condition assessments and updated care plans in a timely and accurate manner. Perform residents/staff MDS interviews and completed, CAA-Care Area Assessments and MDS.
* Responsible for daily charting of appropriate records which indicate Residents. Attendance and Participation in the programs with reference to resident’s response to the program.
* Assists with designing and creating monthly calendar displays, Christmas Events, Mardi Gras Festivities, and New Year’s Eve Celebration.
* Effectively and professionally establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with residents and staff and enhance employee morale to facility wide participation.
Pros
Happy faces
Awesome place to work
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDOctober 5, 2018
I love working for the little sisters of the poor. The residents are awesome and the home is immaculate. Residents are treated with respect and dignity and the staff take special care of each resident
Pros
Loving atmosphere
Unappreciative
GNA (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDOctober 4, 2018
It's a nice small quiet place to work.
With that being said....I'm only at $1.83 more than when i started working here....5 plus yrs ago.
They cheat you out of every penny they can.
They aren't appreciative of their staff at all....
Pay isn't competitive (12.50 coming in the door for most)
Always acuse employees of lying or stealing
No job security or chance for advancement.
Pros
Small place..good staff to resident ratio
Cons
Poor healthcare...no perks for working....No appreciation
Not the best, But far from the worse.
Critified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
I felt like there was a lack of respect for the CNA's and that there was no attempts made to change that opinion. They(management) could take a moment from time to time the appreciate the work done for them.
Pros
The pay was fair.
Cons
Not enough respect.
A great place to work. So sorry to see them close and leave St. Louis.
Night shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 22, 2018
It is a wonderful place to work. The Sisters are great and love the residents and staff. Staff are committed to the home. They also have great perks like holiday pay, time and a half if work holiday, 2 personal holidays, uniform reimbursement, and many other little things that make a difference and show they care. Would have liked to stay for a long time.
Pros
wonderful residents, enough resources to work with, great teamwork.
Cons
Not enough Sisters. That is why they are closing down.
Great place to work with amazing people and a positive vision. Job was sometimes relaxed, other times stressful.
Pantry Aide (Former Employee) –  Totowa, NJJuly 16, 2018
Being a pantry aide it was hard to learn everyone names, where they sat, and exactly what must be prepared for them. Once you get that down it's was a breeze. So long as the job got done correctly no one would bother you which is a huge plus. Most of the time I'd never run into a supervisor or boss so it's a very independent job. Only about a quarter to half of the shift you'd have to interact with patients, the rest was preparing or cleaning the dining room. Peaceful alone time.
Everyone who worked there and all of the sisters were amazing. It was a great community and it felt like a big team trying to help the elderly.
repetitive over all same thing different day no space for advancement in this company
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 9, 2018
The environment at Little Sisters of the poor is very quiet and basically no type of advancement or growth within the job or work place. No future in this company.
A typical day at work would be making sure the kitchen cloths and napkins are washed and dry before 8 am. Make sure the rooms are spotless, monitor the toiletries make sure bathroom tissue and napkin holders are full etc etc. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interaction with the elderly to me.
Pros
quiet environment.
Cons
no advancement work wise. no kind of growth within the company money wise or work wise
Faith-based
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 24, 2018
Faith-based long term care facility and on site convent. Also included assisted living apartments on site. Sisters ran facility. In all situations, Catholic faith overruled science, healthcare and common sense.
Nice place to work, but since it was a non-profit, the $$$ just wasn't there and my position, after 19 years, was eliminated due to cutting costs.
Development Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed my work at the Little Sisters, but when they had to cut costs, I was out of a job.
It was a lovely family atmosphere and I had many friends among the 92 residents. I enjoyed meeting with benefactors and raising $$$ for the mission of the Little Sisters of the Poor.
Pros
Nice, family atmosphere
Cons
low pay
Great place to be employed . Opportunity to grow and family work environment.
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 17, 2018
I have worked for the company for 20 years. It’s a wonderful place to work and would not consider leaving except I have moved an hour away. The benefits are good and working holidays you receive a day of pay plus time and a half worked. Also you accrue sick time which can be cashed out when you accumulate a certain number.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No tuition reimbursement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Sisters of The Poor. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight