Very productive and enjoyable place to intern.
Therapeutic Recreation Student Internship (Former Employee) – Mobile, AL – October 10, 2018
* Assists with planning, organizing, and implementing special events, individual and group activities, implement specialize dementia activity (Life Enrichment program), assists with music therapy individual/ group sessions, assists with therapeutic use of art programs, holiday celebrations, and community outings.
* Attends and actively participates in department meetings and resident care conferences.
* Completes initial comprehensive assessments, annual and quarterly assessments.
* Documents the individual activity interventions, quarterly progress notes, change of condition assessments and updated care plans in a timely and accurate manner. Perform residents/staff MDS interviews and completed, CAA-Care Area Assessments and MDS.
* Responsible for daily charting of appropriate records which indicate Residents. Attendance and Participation in the programs with reference to resident’s response to the program.
* Assists with designing and creating monthly calendar displays, Christmas Events, Mardi Gras Festivities, and New Year’s Eve Celebration.
* Effectively and professionally establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with residents and staff and enhance employee morale to facility wide participation.