Little Sprouts Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Negative Environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 9, 2018
Staff concerns are not addressed in a manner even close to what most people consider timely. Even when they are "addressed", you will almost always be made to feel that you are doing something wrong.
You could go to the director and say that a staff member is consistently disrespecting and/or embarrassing other staff in front of children & its likely nothing will be done. Directors play favorites, sometimes to teachers who do absolutely nothing to help their students or co-workers, are always late (up to 2-3 hrs late multiple times), dress inappropriately & constantly engage in gossip that is detrimental to the success of the school & their co-workers.
Directors often refuse to help you address concerns with other staff, even in extreme cases telling you to handle it on your own. This applies to situations where it is the same staff member being complained about by MULTIPLE co-workers. If the director likes you, you're allowed to do absolutely whatever you want, including breaking rules that other staff are threatened with or given write-ups over.
There is little to no communication on the part of the administration & little to no support for the challenges classrooms are facing on a daily basis. Getting enough supplies for your classroom (to meet the astronomical expectations this company holds in regards to curriculum and environment) is challenging to say the least. You will absolutely be spending your OWN money to meet THEIR expectations. Speaking of money, the wages aren't as competitive as they would like you to think.
Pros
Offers vouchers to low income families, beautiful schools, talented teachers
Cons
Low wages, poor management, negative environment, high expectations & no way to meet those expectations
Little Sprouts
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJune 2, 2018
I worked here in high school and found the teacher's to be extremely clicky and unhappy with their lives. It made for a difficult work place and cooperation.
Fun and Welcoming
LEAD TODDLER TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAApril 24, 2018
Little Sprouts is very fun and easy going. The children and parents are so welcoming to whom every is caring for their child. A work environment which you make fun learning place for children.
Pros
staff night outs
unorganized
Floating Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 24, 2018
I had personal items stolen from my bag on more than one occasion. You work surrounded by people that will sit back and do nothing if you are a workerbee. You need to be bilingual or you will almost never understand what anyone is saying and your coworkers will take advantage of that.
Pros
for childcare the money is good
Cons
its a stressful environment
it was ok
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAJanuary 15, 2018
I think Little Sprouts can be a good place sometimes. My boss can be rude at times but she can also be nice. My boss likes to leave early and no help.
Pros
experience
Cons
not a flexible schedule
Patient
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MADecember 31, 2017
Working with children is never easy, you just need to have patience and know its something you want to do. Its been awhile since I've worked at little sprouts so Im unsure of current management but I had no issues at the time, thought they were fair and room for growth.
Nothing to say
Education Coach (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 20, 2017
Nothing to say. This program is not for me! They are not fair in judgment and dont value their employees.. Work work for salary people and no compensation for so uch over time worked.
bueno
Certified Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 26, 2017
som muy unido pero el salario es un diparate total
education
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 3, 2017
little sprouts a good educational environment for children , started a daily shift worked alond side a great co-teacher meeting the children needs in curriculum and one on one service
good kids
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INSeptember 18, 2017
it was not structured enough, did not compare to any other daycare I have ever worked for. too much gap in kids ages in one room just running everywhere. way too chaotic even on a normal day. they take the word of a parent over their own staff.
Ready to go
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MASeptember 3, 2017
I just needed to get out of that place, there are too many cliques and does not feel like there is any equal treatments. Rules only apply to whomever management sees fit. Too much stress, on the bright side the children were amazing and everyday I looked forward to them!
Pros
The children
Cons
The Staff
Very clean
Preschool Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAAugust 31, 2017
Nice center. Looks like IKEA. The classrooms are pleasuring to the eye. Very new, lots of different staff coming in and out of the center. Nice break room
Pros
Fake grass
Cons
Unappreciated
love it
Pre-K teacher from 2016 to present (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 31, 2017
wish i got paid more we all do so much for so little i enjoy it no matter what though because the end of the day its about the children and not about the money
Very fun and loving place for the most part
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 24, 2017
Overall little sprouts is a very fun and loving environment. The parents are the best but the teachers are fun caring loving and always try and go above and beyond to ensure the children's safety and education
liked working there
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  lawrence, ma. 01841June 28, 2017
assisted lead teacher with daily routines, implementing classroom rules,creating lesson plans for the month changing diapers, and doing circle time and small group activities.
Built great relationships with children.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAJune 13, 2017
There is a daily routine that we have for the children. The day is often spent doing activities and going outside. I learned how to conduct a classroom and work with children. The management is alright and my boss would unprofessional at times. The hardest part is getting support from the boss. The most enjoyable part is the relationships built with each child.
Cons
understaffed and no support
Children
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 7, 2017
If you love children this is the place for you. I loved the kids and my co workers. All so sweet. I worked a lot and the worked around me if i needed it. Felt like i was family there. Have nothing bad to say
Pros
Everything is amazing
Cons
some holidays you dont get off
Positive, supportive, team-based work environment!
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 10, 2017
Little Sprouts is a wonderful place to work, everyday. Management is very supportive, and makes their appreciation of their employees known. The culture of the workplace is very team-based, with open communication between all in order to get the job done efficiently and as effortlessly as possible. Thinking outside of the box is often rewarded, and advancement always feels within reach.
Fun and Loving work family, great work/life balance
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAFebruary 8, 2017
Great vibes from beginning til end. When things get stressful you have your work family to lean on. Great office environment. Everyone is here doing what they love.
Pros
Great people. Great culture. Supportive management.
Cons
no ping pong table.
Wonderful work environment & Friendly people
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 27, 2017
I LOVE working for Little Sprouts.The team of people I work with are amazing and super helpful! A typical work day for me is usually 9-5, which is great as I go to school nights, I have acquired many new skills at Little Sprouts such as gaining insight and knowledge on Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel, as well as many child care and marketing programs. Of course there are occasional stressful days here and there where you need to meet deadlines etc..but I realized working at Little Sprouts it's all about the way you handle it. Taking a few deep breaths goes a long way to calming down and clearing your mind. I feel like the management team here is exceptional. They really go out of their way to say hi and see how your day is going. I also feel as though there is great communication between our corporate office and 22 schools. What I really love most about my current position is that I get to see what goes into making and keeping a school running smoothly. Everyone works so well together to make sure our schools are doing the very best to meet the needs of children and parents.
Pros
We get to wear jeans on Fridays!