Little Sprouts Employee Reviews

Great Work Enviorment
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 4, 2019
Working at little sprouts was one of the best decisions i've ever made! I felt so welcomed since the first day I had started working there. I don't regret a single decision i've ever made while working there. It's clean and my boss was very clear and upfront of what she wanted me to do. I loved my relationship with the kiddos! Me being a teacher's assistant has definitely improved my personal life in many ways. I learned how to guide children and learned how to deal with them in a respectful way. I feel like when applying to a job make sure that the job also feeds your mind and soul. I never once felt drained or let down or even stressed at my job because when I had a suggestion or question my boss was very helpful. If i couldn't come into work or had to leave early for a reasonable reason my bosses would help me out with that and didn't leave me with the responsibility of finding someone to cover me. Little sprouts is a family, a happy one. I'm glad I had the opportunity to work there. I'm happy i got my experience there also.
Pros
Great learning experience, good hours, decent pay.
Cons
short breaks
Stressfull
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAJanuary 27, 2019
Director struggled with managing the daycare
Lack of support for teachers
Lack of equipment for childrent to play with
lack of staff
Rules were not implemented or they were not evenly addressed to employees
fun environment but a lot to account for
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Monument, COSeptember 20, 2018
A typical day at the daycare consists of preparing food, creating a safe and fun environment, and catering to parents. Great work environment and great place to learn many skills. Some skills I learned would be patience with customers, safety skills, labor management, leadership skills, and time management. The hardest part of this job is being able to keep track of multiple subjects at once. from the kids safety to new projects to activities. Yet, the most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with the children. would recommend this job choice to anyone that likes being around kids.
Pros
fun activities, interactions, and movies
Cons
hard to stay on top of everything, angry parents, safety issues
October 1, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We are pleased to hear you found the work environment at Little Sprouts to be positive, and a place you were able to build upon your skillset. It is true that teachers are required to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities at once, and it is for that reason that we strive to add only the best and most supportive educators to our team. Again, thank you for your review!

I LOVE the friendly, passionate people at Little Sprouts!
Home Office (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 20, 2018
When you feel like you can truly be yourself and are appreciated for who you are, surrounded by people that care about you (both personally and professionally), you know you've found a home. I love working at Little Sprouts and could not imagine working anywhere else. Not only do I get to make a difference in the lives of children and families every day, but I also feel very connected to my team. We share lots of laughs together and we rally together when we need help. There are lots of professional development opportunities at Little Sprouts to help me continue growing. We also get paid snow days! I think the curriculum is incredible and I see the direct impact on my son, who loves his teachers and classroom. I feel so fortunate to have found a team I love in a field that makes such an important impact on my community!
Pros
Amazing team members, coaching/professional development, benefits, paid snow days, ongoing support
Cons
Working with children and families can be emotionally and physically demanding - but it's worth it!
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear the values that we strive to cultivate within Little Sprouts reflect your experience with us. A supportive team is a successful team, and it is the way in which we function best at Little Sprouts!

Little Sprouts is a Caring Organization with a Heart!
Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Natick, MASeptember 10, 2018
I've found Little Sprouts to be an extremely collaborative company where everyone has a voice. Even myself as a teacher, all my ideas are listened to, some ideas taken and expanded upon, others not, and others taken and twisted into things that worked. The school that I work in is supportive, my colleagues are reliable and honestly we all have a camaraderie and teams-man-ship (I made that word up, but it fits)! I've worked in many day care centers through my life, but feel like I've found a home here. My family at home cares, and this work family at Little Sprouts cares equally as much. I even had personal matters to attend to that were very sensitive - while I could have held it all in, I instead spoke to my director about it, and it opened up options for me by communicating so my personal matters didn't get in the way of work. My job adjusted for me in the time of need, and I returned back just like things always were. I would strongly recommend this organization; they have a heart and have so many little things that add up and count. I love it here, especially if you think of the other centers out there!
Pros
Flexible management if you communicate
Cons
The pay in ECE is not the best as an industry, but Little Sprouts offered me the highest of 3 offers I got!
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your 5-star review and your positive feedback! Communication is extremely important for any team, and we are glad to hear you recognize just how much we value that ideal here at Little Sprouts. We fully believe a team that supports one another in all matters, both professional and personal, leads to a successful and positive work environment. Thank you again for taking a moment to share your thoughts with us.

I love my kids and they families.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAAugust 28, 2018
love the way of i get to my classroom and my students get to know my name and they trust on me to be safe. I learn a lot of different cultures and how my kids families celebrate differentes holidays. the hardest part of the job it was when you had to get the kids on transition to another classroom.
Too much is negative
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2018
I enjoy teaching children of toddler or preschool age yet find Little Sprouts wants to stop children from learning. I learned toddlers don't learn days of the week here. Umm... why not? Previously I had always taught my toddlers days of the week. Why not learn seasons and maybe even months too? Some kids will pick this right up. In MA where the educational standards are so high it shocks me that Little Sprouts doesn't hold the children to a higher level. In saying that, by no means am I saying hold children back. In fact, I was appalled two children were told to leave two months ago. Where is the support for the parents? Why don't we have a date night to help parents get closer as well as we work with the kids? This company needs help in the way it is run.
Pros
Enjoy free breakfasts and overtime
Cons
Not enough support for teachers or parents
October 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are proud of our dedicated Education team that works tirelessly to implement a robust and diverse curriculum, ensuring every age group is stimulated and engaged every day at Little Sprouts. We are sorry to hear your experience has not been fully positive, as we strive to create a network of support for both our teachers and the parents we serve. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and your passion for the children in our care.

Horrible place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAJune 21, 2018
This place has no balance between life and work. They constantly ask you to stay late and overwork you. A lot of drama and gossip. The pay is horrible and no raises ever. They hire people who are unqualified and there is a super high turnover rate.
October 1, 2018

We thank you for your feedback, although we are sorry to hear your experience was not a positive one. Inconsistent rates in turnover are a rare but real challenge at times, and we are always grateful for our support team who can rise to the occasion and assist our school as they work through the transition. We encourage an open dialogue at Little Sprouts, and would welcome a conversation with you to discuss your feedback further. Thank you for the time you have dedicated to us.

Little sprouts is a great place to work!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAJune 19, 2018
Fast-paced fun job with good people who genuinely care about the children in their care! The director is great with training and teaching employees about the field and great communication with families.
Cons
Pay
October 1, 2018

We thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts with us. Efficient communication, regular trainings, and teachable moments all help us grow as a team, and we are pleased to hear your experience has reflected these values. Thank you for bringing passion with you to work each day - in the field of early education and child care, it is definitely a "must"!

Family atmosphere
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJune 11, 2018
Little Sprouts values families and creates a culture where everyone feels like family. However, I do feel as though they should be paying their teachers more especially if they have a lot of education and experience.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of staff
Negative Environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 9, 2018
Staff concerns are not addressed in a manner even close to what most people consider timely. Even when they are "addressed", you will almost always be made to feel that you are doing something wrong.
You could go to the director and say that a staff member is consistently disrespecting and/or embarrassing other staff in front of children & its likely nothing will be done. Directors play favorites, sometimes to teachers who do absolutely nothing to help their students or co-workers, are always late (up to 2-3 hrs late multiple times), dress inappropriately & constantly engage in gossip that is detrimental to the success of the school & their co-workers.
Directors often refuse to help you address concerns with other staff, even in extreme cases telling you to handle it on your own. This applies to situations where it is the same staff member being complained about by MULTIPLE co-workers. If the director likes you, you're allowed to do absolutely whatever you want, including breaking rules that other staff are threatened with or given write-ups over.
There is little to no communication on the part of the administration & little to no support for the challenges classrooms are facing on a daily basis. Getting enough supplies for your classroom (to meet the astronomical expectations this company holds in regards to curriculum and environment) is challenging to say the least. You will absolutely be spending your OWN money to meet THEIR expectations. Speaking of money, the wages aren't as competitive as they would like you to think.
Pros
Offers vouchers to low income families, beautiful schools, talented teachers
Cons
Low wages, poor management, negative environment, high expectations & no way to meet those expectations
October 1, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We are sad to hear your thoughts regarding communication at Little Sprouts - it is a value that we consider to be of immense importance. We encourage regular connections between teachers and directors, to both address any concerns or questions that arise, as well as to promote and strengthen the bonds between teammates. We fully agree that issues between staff are to be addressed with the assistance of a director. We would welcome the opportunity to connect with you and discuss your concerns further, should you choose.

Welcoming to all families
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 4, 2018
In it's entirety Little Sprouts is very much a community-focused school. It strongly encourages the utmost collaborations amongst staff , parents and of course children , to ensure an enriching learning experience for everyone involved.
October 1, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is our goal to constantly promote an environment of support among all areas of Little Sprouts - teachers, parents, children, and staff alike. It is our believe that this mindset creates both a culture of success, and a happy place to work.

Little Sprouts
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJune 2, 2018
I worked here in high school and found the teacher's to be extremely clicky and unhappy with their lives. It made for a difficult work place and cooperation.
October 1, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. It is unfortunate to hear your experience was not overly positive. It is our goal to create a happy, supportive, and professional work environment. We encourage regular connections between teachers and their directors to ensure any personnel problems are solved in a timely manner.

Fun and Welcoming
LEAD TODDLER TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAApril 24, 2018
Little Sprouts is very fun and easy going. The children and parents are so welcoming to whom every is caring for their child. A work environment which you make fun learning place for children.
Pros
staff night outs
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear you have found Little Sprouts to be a positive environment for teachers, children, and parents alike.

unorganized
Floating Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 24, 2018
I had personal items stolen from my bag on more than one occasion. You work surrounded by people that will sit back and do nothing if you are a workerbee. You need to be bilingual or you will almost never understand what anyone is saying and your coworkers will take advantage of that.
Pros
for childcare the money is good
Cons
its a stressful environment
October 3, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. While we do encourage diversity in all areas of our schools, we also value the importance of communication and strive to always provide the means for our teams to work efficiently together. We also encourage regular connections between directors and teachers to ensure working relationships remain consistently positive and productive.

it was ok
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAJanuary 15, 2018
I think Little Sprouts can be a good place sometimes. My boss can be rude at times but she can also be nice. My boss likes to leave early and no help.
Pros
experience
Cons
not a flexible schedule
October 3, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We encourage teachers to meet regularly with their directors to ensure communication remains consistently efficient - support among our teams is among our highest priorities.

Patient
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MADecember 31, 2017
Working with children is never easy, you just need to have patience and know its something you want to do. Its been awhile since I've worked at little sprouts so Im unsure of current management but I had no issues at the time, thought they were fair and room for growth.
October 3, 2018

Thank you for reaching back out to share your thoughts with us. We are glad to hear your experience was positive and that you grew professionally through your time with us. We wish you the best in your current and future endeavors.

Nothing to say
Education Coach (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 20, 2017
Nothing to say. This program is not for me! They are not fair in judgment and dont value their employees.. Work work for salary people and no compensation for so uch over time worked.
October 3, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We are saddened to hear your experience was not a positive one. We feel that our educators are the backbone of Little Sprouts, and strive to ensure they feel valued at all times. We would welcome a discussion with you regarding your concerns, should you choose to reach out to us further.

bueno
Certified Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 26, 2017
som muy unido pero el salario es un diparate total
October 3, 2018

Gracias por contactarnos y compartir sus comentarios. Aunque el papel de un maestro es un trabajo muy exigente e importante, sentimos que podemos ofrecer una compensaciĆ³n competitiva. Le agradecemos el tiempo que nos ha dedicado a nosotros y a las familias que cuidamos.

education
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 3, 2017
little sprouts a good educational environment for children , started a daily shift worked alond side a great co-teacher meeting the children needs in curriculum and one on one service
October 10, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We strive to find teachers that are naturally supportive and collaborative, and we are pleased to hear you and your co-teacher enjoyed a positive working relationship. Thank you for the time you dedicated to us, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Sprouts. Our community is ready to answer.