Little Sunshine's Playhouse & Preschool Employee Reviews

Little Sunshine's
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2018
This company was my home away from home where I was able to form friendships and long lasting relationships with my coworkers and families. We strive to have a community atmosphere and continue to develop positive relationships with families, future families, and businesses in the area.
Management made it awful to work there!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Granite Bay, CAJuly 11, 2018
Management has no communication skills at all.
They and corporate don’t care about staff or children.
They think it okay to be out of ratio.
Never got afternoon breaks and got forgotten about morning breaks a lot.
They talk rude to you, get defensive, and if you try to say how you feel they act like you say nothing and don’t care.
Director isn’t qualified from what I heard.
All staff previous and now don’t like it there at all.
You give and give and get nothing back.
Management need more training especially the director and assistant director.
Corporate and management only care of money.
You don’t get the supplies you need.
It very stressful and everyday going to work was dreadful.
Do not work here if you want to move up in this field you will get no where if you aren’t a favorite and if you have anything to say that goes against the management or Corporate.
Pros
Children are great and some of staff is.
Cons
Management, communication, Corporate and much more!
This is a horrible place to work at.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 21, 2018
After the few months I was working with this company, I was starting see how poorly the management was. The managers have their favorites. Instead of firing teachers the mangers would have their favorite teachers run off the teachers they didn’t like. You could never take off when needed. If all possible stay away from this place.
Pros
The kids are amazing.
Cons
Bad management, drama, stressful, getting disrespected
Over worked, under paid
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 24, 2018
Honestly, I wanted to love this job and company and tried for a long time. After putting every ounce of what I had into this job and getting nothing in return, I quit. When you get out 2 + hours late DAILY, never can take off for ANYTHING without a guilt trip, and are paid 12an hour, its just a slap in the face. But you better believe the owner never got out late. Somehow that doesn't sit well with me.
Pros
nope
Cons
low pay, drama, over worked (50 hours a week or more)
Amazing place to work
Head Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lakeway, TXMay 3, 2018
I have worked for many centers and I have never felt so at home when I come to work! The managers are amazing and care about their staff. The teachers are amazing too and we all work together to make a amazing team! I’m so lucky to work for such an amazing school and company! I have learned so much and grown a lot from working for this school! I have nothing but positive experiences since day one!
Pros
Amazing management, great team/work family, fantastic curriculum and amazing support and growth opportunities
Cons
Great place to connect with coworkers and the families you get to know. Great way to feel accomplished and valued. Loved watching the kiddos grow
Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 19, 2018
Fast paced job, but it went by quickly. The kids made it fun and it was always fun to watching them learn and grow.
Management was great and they did everything they could for us.
Close knit family like feel.
All talk no show
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Granite Bay, CAApril 12, 2018
Brand new facility, brand new director and assistant director. Inexperienced and unprofessional are the words used to describe them by current and past employees. They don’t help when they say they will, they don’t provide supplies when they say they will, and they act put out when you need something. They do not communicate and they are always blaming someone else when it all goes wrong. They do not provide time for curriculum or planning. Work for this place if you want to have your own beautiful room and and hours of work after work. Don’t if you want to have a life.
Pros
Children are wonderful
Cons
No potty breaks, rude staff
They don’t care
Teacher - Preschool (Former Employee) –  MissouriMarch 8, 2018
-All about the money and don’t care about their staff!
- Teachers are overworked and underpaid
- Horrible staff discounts
- no tuition reimbursement so makes going back to school hard
- School management and corporate management play favorites and are not very knowledgeable.
- Corporate staff want classrooms over booked and management are forced to over enroll for capacity (all about money) - I had 3 extra kids on my roster and they all showed up and they needed to go into alcove area
- No sick time, which is crazy as we work with kids
- pay is low
- forced to be part of social media for recognition- I couldn’t get employee of month per CEO cause I wasn’t active in the company’s educator page, so i wasn’t considered “best of the best” per my director
- corporate management are fake and put on a good front
- school management don’t have your back and when you call for help they seemed bothered
Pros
- Relationships you form with children and parents, benefits after 30 days (but they are expensive and coverage not greatest)
Cons
Lots
Fun
Floater / Cook (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 28, 2018
I worked in the kitchen preparing breakfast, snack and lunch. When I finished I would go around to the classrooms and did the breaks for the teachers.
The school is not what it should be
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 17, 2018
I had worked for this company for several years. I just recently left. One of the most troubling parts of working for this company is the corporate staff and management. The CEO puts on a great face, and you would think that her positivity trickles down but it doesn't. Managers at the school are over whelmed with work and keeping the school full. They tend to over book classrooms, move children into classes they are not ready for, place kids in the lobby space instead of the classroom, just so that they have more money in their pockets and the pockets of the corporate staff and CEO.

If little sunshine's would put more time investing into curriculum for children, training for staff, and less money on decorations, the school would be as impressive as it is beautiful.

I would like to directly speak to the CEO now: Please put more into your preschools in the way of education. Teachers need more DAP training, more supplies, more management support. I worked at one of the Springfield schools and I am very familiar with all of the schools in the area. Directors are not preforming they way they should. They are burnt out and need less pressure from you. I understand that you are wanting to create a family environment for your staff and challenge them. But what is happening in this situation is that directors are taking it out on the teachers. We are shouldering the weight of your actions. You try to instil us to be salesman of the school. How about challenging the teachers to be more than daycare workers. Set a higher standard with you teaching staff. hire people with education.
  more... If you want to raise the bar, do it in all areas, not just decorations and luv notes.  less
Pros
They want to be the best
Cons
inexperienced managers and staff
One of my favorite jobs!
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 20, 2017
This was such a lovely environment to work in! The families became your own and the joys of watching kids learn and grow is immeasurable! I would highly recommend this job!
If I could give 0 stars I would
Teacher (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Management sits on the behinds all day why employees struggle to get through it. There are way too many tasks you have to accomplish in a day and not enough time to do them. They expect way to much from their employees and offer nothing in return.
Pros
good pay
Cons
limited bathroom breaks, poor management skills, too many tasks to accomplish in a day
Fun place to work
Floater / Cook (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 4, 2017
I enjoyed working in the kitchen and the infant room. Was a great experience being in other rooms with children of different ages as well. The people that worked there were on the young side and so a bit too much drama for me.
Cons
Low salary
Great environment with friendly staff
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 26, 2017
A great place to work. Days can get long, however, the children make it worth it. The staff are friendly and the management is great; I liked working for this company.
Pros
Being around the kids
Cons
Long days
A beautiful school
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 21, 2017
LSP was a nice place to work but unfortunately they give a new schedule everyday that can be confusing and not predictable when you need it to be consistent.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Leadership was questionable
Great daycare establishment
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 13, 2017
I loved working with the infants and toddlers. It was so wonderful to see them grow and develop physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally. What a blessing to see them grow before my very eyes.
My Second Family
Head Teacher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 27, 2016
I have been employed by Little Sunshine's Playhouse for almost 6 years and have been truly blessed. I can say with confidence that this place is my second home. All of the staff, families from the past and present, and my management team is my second family. When I first started, I worked the floater position which gave me a really great understanding of how each classroom was ran on a daily basis. After just a year, I became the lead teacher in the older infant classroom and absolutely loved it! I am now the head teacher which gives me the opportunity to be a part of the management team. As a head teacher, I am privileged to be able to step into each one of our classrooms and see each of the students express themselves as individuals and grow into their personalities. We, as a school, work as a TEAM! We all fully understand that we all have our strengths and our downfalls but being able to work as a team makes our school what it needs to be. The management team goes out of their way to make you feel loved and appreciated. They will work with you relating to personal issues that may arise, college schedules, and so much more. I know that I can always walk into the office and have a heart to heart conversation with my program director and assistant director. We are a family here. This is truly a magical place to work.
Pros
Welcoming enviroment and great leadership
A wonderful career path working with children!
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 26, 2016
I am an Assistant Director at one of the Springfield schools and I love my job. I actually left this job for about a month because I thought I was meant to go in a different direction, but quickly realized how much I missed the work environment and the kiddos. I love my co-workers and my Director, along with the corporate staff. When you are working with children and it is your passion, money should not be an issue. Loving my job and my employees makes up for any of the downfalls of a teaching career!
Pros
Advancement Opportunity, Caring Management, Freedom when Teaching
Very Family Oriented
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 25, 2016
I have been in childcare for 8 years and I have worked at Little Sunshine's for a little over a year. Out of all of the facilities I have worked at, I have found that LSP does not even compare. I truly look forward to going to work everyday. I love the people I work with, and I love all of the connections and relationships I have with our families and kiddos! Our staff and management are wonderful people and we are all like a big family. I look forward to continuing my career with Little Sunshine's for a very very long time.
Pros
Great team, amazing leadership, wonderful environment to work at!
LSP not only offers a wonderful workplace environment, but also a strong philosphy for the children that attend the facility.
Head Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 25, 2016
One of my favorite things about working for this company is the family bond you develop with each person, whether it be a coworker or one of the students and their family.

Since I have been employed with LSP, I have see an amount of growth in myself that I could never have imagined. My passion for working with children has only grown deeper over time. I thank all of the wonderful management members and fellow co-workers that have taken the time to teach me and support me in everything I do.

I love that our philosophy encourages each student to reach their fullest potential through active participation. Seeing the look on a child's face when they learn something new is absolutely priceless. Every day may not go as planned, but the important part is how it is handled. At the end of each day we are a team, and that is what I value greatly.

I look forward to many more years with my LSP family!
Pros
New Experiences, Self-Growth, Positive Leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Little Sunshine's Playhouse & Preschool. Our community is ready to answer.