Live Nation Employee Reviews

Could be a wonderful place to work
Security (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2018
My whole issue with working for Live nation’s House of Blues was the director all the way down to the supervisors. The director of the music hall didn’t even introduce himself. I didn’t find out who he was until later on in my employment. You get the run around when you are looking for answers to your many of questions because training is non existent, but they swear you are supposed to know how everything works. They have favorites. If you wanted to come to a show they pick the favorites first when it’s supposed to be a random selection. You pay for parking, even when they cut you right after you just clicked in!!! They can eat all day long, but as soon as you eat a piece of popcorn it’s a huge deal. House of blues could really be a nice work place, but the managers make it such a pain to even be there. They are rude, and they do not lead my example. No one is ever on the same page! I really hated to quit, but it was either that or my sanity! I also didn’t like the fact that we had to carry heavy furniture up steep stairs, and outside. For that I feel that pay should have been better. The bar tenders got away with murder. They served people w/o wrist bands, and didn’t stop when they were visibly intoxicated. They got making it a huge problem for us when the guests would become problematic.
Pros
Free shows
Cons
Terrible management
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Darien Center, NYOctober 13, 2018
May work there again next season. What I did was clean under the tent, seats, lawn, bathrooms. Good place to work. See and hear different concerts.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Fights
Working environment
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 11, 2018
This company offers a great working environment. My specific location is highly organized and everybody works well with one another. Employees are offered free meals if a work day is more than 5 hours long.
Nice place to work
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 11, 2018
It was a great job as far as work goes but the pay was not good for the work i had to do . i enjoyed the job overall because the experience of getting to enjoy the concerts for a little bit from time to time . the only thing i didnt like about the job was the pay .
Pros
Enjoy the concerts at times
Cons
The pay
Alternative Work Environment with Strong Business Education
Marketing (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 9, 2018
It was a great, working experience. Great co-workers, I had an opportunity to learn a lot, and the company provides an alternative environment to a normal office. Despite being a non-traditional office, the knowledge and experience gained is tremendous.
most frustrating part time job
Usher (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 8, 2018
I've worked with live nation since I was 16 but when I started I didn't mind the minimum wage or the late night concerts. But as of these past two seasons, we have just now gotten a 50 cent raise and have been doing jobs that aren't the ones we applied for. This is all while working with supervisors who don't know what they're doing.
Pros
paid to listen to some of your favorite bands
Cons
horrible management and unappreciated workers
Very good work environment. Supervisors are very friendly and run a tight ship.
Venue Security & Back Stage Artist Security (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 6, 2018
Typical work day working for security at Live Nation PNC Arts Center location was come into work fifteen minutes early and go over the staff meeting. The meeting consisted of who was playing, where people will be posted, job responsibilities for the day, certain passes and backstage rules, and always stressing customer service. Supervisors had their teams normally set for every event unless there was a lack of ticket sales or abundance of ticket sales. If this occurs people would be relocated to a different post.
Pros
Got to work in an environment with good concerts and music. Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Could be compensated more for what you would deal with during a concert.
Live Nation
IT Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2018
This is a good company to work for! They acknowledge that family comes first by the excellent benefits that is provided. an exciting place to work if you are into entertainment.
Really fun experience for first jobs
Usher/Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 3, 2018
Working at the amphitheater is a lot of fun but due to only working when there are concerts you dont get a lot of money. Its mostly during the summer so it's perfect for a teenager looking for a summer job.
Pros
Rewards program, free music
Cons
Standing on your feet, no discounts
Live nation>
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed working with LIVE NATION. However, in the VIP area things get loud and with the amount of people drinking and leaving drunk is absurd.I would Limit the beverages. I myself did not find it fair when working a show, some guests do not always agree with how fast or slow the service is. Ive noticed Guests will Lie to management to get Free things.Example:Drinks/or Even move up closer too the show.

The waitresses get stressed at times, an will take it out on one another. Putting the Blame where it does not belong instred of helping one another, in difficult time/moment.

I myself, If i was in charge, would HIRE back up waitresses for theses type of issues/situations. to Avoid angry customers. and Upset employees.

A typical Day at Work was always a good day i enjoyed my Job over the summer.

I learned a lot of social skills.

Management/ jump too conclusions too fast and let people go all because a Drunk Customer was not exactly pleased. And its not right.

The answer above was the Hardest part of my job.
Or previous employees who have worked there maybe longer can get bossy.

Meeting new people everyday was most enjoyable to me. There were alot of sweet/kind customers.
Pros
Its A nice place to Work Overall.
Cons
not enough HELP. in VIP areas.
events and concerts
Lakewood Ampitheather (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at Lakewood Amphitheater. Interacting and assisting guests in and being able to listen and see the performances became exciting. A typical day at work is about 1500 people that all wants to have a good time and enjoy the artist that they have come to support. I've learned several things being apart of this opportunity such as what's dangerous to allow in the area, how to approach a guest in any situation, and how to just have a great time. There was no hard job or tasks that I've been assigned to. I enjoyed every part of what I was assigned to do.
Great Place to work, I was just an intern though
SPONSORSHIP INTERN (Former Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 1, 2018
Loved Interning there, would love to work for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great People, Management did a great job and I'm a huge fan at what they do there at their company.
Productive and Fun work place
Production Runner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2018
Work hard and you will be rewarded. Great environment each and every day that I am there. I have learned to be a efficient runner, stage hand, site hand, VIP hospitality.
Pros
Great environment to learn and grow
relaxed environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Holmdel, NJSeptember 27, 2018
i enjoyed my time working at live nation. I got to see the concerts for free, meet new people and the artist. I cant wait to work for them next year.
Pros
seeing free concerts
Cons
management
Fun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Fun experience working here. You would interact with the guests and provide a safe environment. Easy place to work. Kind supervisors and managers to work with.
Family environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 17, 2018
Live Nation was probably the best job I have had in the last 5 years. The environment is very loving and helpful. Everyone is treated like family and no one will allow you to fail. Live Nation has incredible staff and benefits.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks
Fun workplace
Mantenance (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Fun place to work at & build discipline & work .. a lot of days off. More days was needed for temporary job location. It was fun while it lasted. More years to build
Pros
Good meals
Cons
Short breaks
if you love Concerts and Entertainment its the right place for you
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
A fun place to work meet new people and you get to enjoy shows and concerts free of price as employee working that event. I have been working at Live Nation Entertainment part-time. Work is only available when event is on calendar
Pros
Free employee meals fun environment
Cons
long hrs and its a job you stand the entire time
Fsst Paced environment
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 11, 2018
Live Nation is a great company! My only issue is thier processes for on-boarding new employees. They are not organized because of the frequent turnover
Pros
Watching concerts
Cons
Long Hours
Good work environment
OPERATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 11, 2018
Been working a lot Nation for three years of operations supervisor organizing dressing rooms to dealing with 5,000 seats in and out of a pit during my time I was briefly manager while supervising large-scale painting job I ran the water stations at Central Park for a concert... Intel's over 30 employees spread out all over the park and have the Monitor and watch
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Live Nation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight