LiveOps Employee Reviews

It depends on the project and the manager
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Home BasedOctober 16, 2018
I swear there was a religious cabal on my project, it was a great project at first but became increasingly impossible. And woe be to worker who isn’t Hap hap happy on command and they WILL probe you to make sure you REALLY swallowed the Kool Aid, . They actually told us a pay cut was an “exciting opportunity”. The doublespeak was worse than the the US government.

Having said that, it really depends on your manager and your project. You can have a great manager, who will make even a crazy “client” workable, or you can have a boot wiping syncophant who makes a good “client” sheer hades.
Pros
Supposed flexibility in work/life balance
Cons
Lousy bosses, too much drama, constant pay changes, culture of fear unclear whether expecations, invade your time off hours.
Never received my paycheck!!
Contractor (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 12, 2018
Their management company is horrible. My bank account closed due to me relocating to a different state, so my invoice payment was rejected, and was told by their finance department on Sept 21, 2018 my check was in the mail to the wrong address. Two days later my account under review, then ultimately terminated for false reasons saying I breached my contract because I was working offshore! I have a passport that can prove when I left the country during my vacay with my family, and best believe I was not working at that time. I already updated my address with them to where I relocated to but they sent it to the wrong address or if they even sent it at all! I already put in for mail forwarding prior to this issue. Its now Oct 12, and still no payment. I have emailed them several times, several departments, NO REPLIES! You do have to work at least 10hrs a day in order to get a decent pay. So whoever said they respond rather quickly they lied. I will be taking legal actions!!!
Pros
work at home, make own schedule, contract
Cons
bad management
LiveOps
Inbound call center specialist (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CA - onlineOctober 2, 2018
I have worked for LiveOps for about 6 months. There is a lot to remember, lots of people call in aggravated, payment isn't very great you literally have to work at least 10 hours a day to make it worth your wild. It's not the worst job and you're working at home so that's good. It is hard to get ahold of anyone on management while on the phone with a customer. Their chat system hasn't been working. They have a good emailing system and people get back pretty fast that way.
Great Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 13, 2018
Great Company, Flexibile, Paycheck, help is there when you need it, Your pay is what you make it, and they have contracts with some great companies. Work when you like, no boss or supervisor standing over you
Good training
Second Tier Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ILSeptember 12, 2018
There is plenty of opportunity to make money if you commit to it and complete the training classes. It is easier to make money around the holidays if you are just getting started. After about 3-6 months of making a serious commitment, you will likely get opportunities to make more money and work whenever you want to.
Easy and simple
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Marianna, ARSeptember 8, 2018
set my own hours, read a script to my customers and trained for any positioned I wanted to work. I had no manager on Quality Assurance Personnel. hardest part of the job was having my children home while I worked. Most enjoyable part of my job was working from the comfort of my own home.
Pros
No commute/lunch cost
It Was Okay
Customer Service Representative, Sales Dept (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 3, 2018
The only negative thing when I worked there for 5 years was that you are paid per talk minute. You can make decent money but at that time it was very competitive and difficult to schedule hours. You have to bid on your hours and they kept hiring more and more agents so hours would disappear right after a roll out. That was the ultimate reason I left. You take inbound calls for infomercials. It's very easy. The scripts are a bit wordy and you talk a lot. Sometimes it leads to hoarseness. I learned how to better assist callers working from home. You are considered self employed, so you are a 1099 contractor, not an employee of Liveops. You have to pay a background check. It use to be $65 but I think it's $10 cheaper now. The hardest part of any work at home job is dealing with annoyed or irate customers. The most enjoyable part for me was sales and assisting the customers.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Pay per talk minute
live-ops
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  East Bend, NCSeptember 2, 2018
This is a work at home job so that is the good thing about this company. They pay you so much per talk time. Which needs to be more than what it is.
Pros
work at home
Cons
pay
Fun work!
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 28, 2018
LiveOps, Inc. is a great job if you're self-motivated and like to work home. There are no benefits. You earn straight pay based on the time worked.
Pros
Autonomy and flexibility
Cons
No healthcare, 401k or other job benefits.
Flexible and suitable for gaining supplemental income
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 28, 2018
You’re an independent contractor so you can work as much or as little as you want.

The pay is not great but Liveops knows this and doesn’t try to hide this fact. This is not a primary job. It should be used for extra income.
Pros
You create your own schedule
Cons
No benefits, low pay
Not recommended.
Virtual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaAugust 27, 2018
I have been with LiveOps since 2012. The hours and the pay really aren't there, unless you certify for a specific client. The clients they have to offer are few and far between. The pay is not there, unless you're working over 40 hours a week, and are lucky enough to commit to that many hours per week. In all fairness, their schedule adherence formula is good. The more you have proven yourself to be a committed virtual agent, the more hours you're able to grab. You have to be very quick with your mouse however in order to select hours on the day that they display available hours, because many agents are in a the same situation you are in.
Pros
Flexible, no fee for training or certification.
Cons
Not nearly enough hours, even for part-time.
Work at Home
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeAugust 25, 2018
I enjoyed working with Live Ops. It was a great experience working at home and you could manage how many hours a week you wanted to work depending on the company. The only drawback is you get paid based upon calls. If their are no calls, you don't get paid. But, once you build your rapport and do well on calls, the more calls you receive.
Could be fun but very stressful
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 22, 2018
LiveOps is a legit work from home opportunity. I worked both as an independent business owner and as an employee. We had a change in management in my department and the new boss was an angry control freak who thoroughly enjoyed ripping her employees apart.

The benefits were okay and it was nice working from home. Raises are basically nothing and it can take years to be promoted even if you do a good job.

Not a bad gig if you want to be an independent business owner. Tough road if you become an employee.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Poor salary, no advancement, manager was crazy
Its Just OK
National Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2018
If you're in a situation where you need to work at home and choose your own schedule it would be good for you. The problem is when you need to communicate with someone in charge or when the system goes down. Their communication system is horrible.

They finally hired a technician for computer issues but there is ALWAYS an issue and there's a lot of incompetence with management.

When the call volume slows down so does your pay. You only get paid for talk time. Good LUCK
Pros
Choose your own work hours
Cons
Poor Communication, only paid for talk time.
Summary
Customer Service Representative/ Agent (Current Employee) –  From HomeAugust 17, 2018
The hours are flexible. You can choose the hours that you want to work. There is no one to tell if you decide not to work certain days. You are your own boss,
good job
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Jim Thorpe, PAAugust 16, 2018
worked as an independant contractor, worked as much or as little as I wanted. Got to work at home so I didn't have to travel to and from work. the pay was ok.
Pros
work at home
Cons
no tax
Better options out there
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 14, 2018
There have been so many leadership changes and direction changes that it feels like we are spinning in circles. Most of us thought that with Greg in charge he would have put us on a course in the right direction. Instead, we are starting to lose talented people because of:
- Lack of communication from leadership
- Constant change with lack of leadership and resources
- Getting rid of good employees and keeping some mediocre to save money.
- People are scared to say no or speak up because they think they will be next.
- We don't treat our agents well in the form of training, compensation, or guidance.
- There is a culture of fear.
- No flexibility in schedules for employees that Liveops prides itself on for agents.
- Lack of planning and poor execution of leadership actions puts business continuity at risk.
Great Flexible Work
Independent Inbound CSR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2018
LiveOps is a great place to work if you need to work flexible hours from home. There is no hassle getting to work on time and no transportation costs.
Pros
Flexible hours, training, biweekly pay, employee chat room, product & technical assistance
Cons
No benefits
Good Job
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Jim Thorpe, PAAugust 10, 2018
Worked at home doing telemarketing. Was nice flexible scheduleThe company was nice to work for can work 24 hours a day and can work anytime at home so don't have to travel.
Pros
work at home
Cons
no taxes taken out
Choose your own hours
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 7, 2018
Great company to work for as an independent contractor you work as little or as much as you like. There's many different projects to choose from. Pizza Hut, all state, Obama steak company, turbo tax & many more.
Cons
No benefits, unpaid training & cost of eauipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LiveOps. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about