Liveops
Happiness rating is 67 out of 100

Liveops Employee Reviews

United States856 reviews

infomercialopsagentindependentcontractorupsellsschedulechoose

Can choose from shifts offered, easily(for most programs)

Can balance work and home much more than a regular W2 job. Remote work. Pay is okay but not so great if call volume is low or nonexistent. You don't get paid a cent if you work a shift and not a single call came through the line. So lots of time being unproductive(highly depends on what program you are working and if peak season or not). Must do your research.

Pros

Remote. No commute.

Cons

No calls, no pay. Training not paid.

Loving the work-life balance.

I love being able to work from home and being able to choose my hours as I am a caregiver and having the flexibility to choose time slots (known as commits) is a real win-win. It can have its stressful moments (occasional nasty yelling customers), but usually I am able to move past that as I see how fortunate I am to work from home.

Liveops insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

The ability to work on your own time

Being a Liveops service rep is similar to running a business, you're self employed in a way. I enjoy accepting job offers at my own pace. The pay is low and the contracts can sometimes not be available for your state.

Low pay.

Its an okay company to work at if you dont know where to start for a work from home type of job. There isn't an jobs available at the moment and there hasn't been any availability for a while now. Its very inconsistent. It's not a stable or reliable job.

June 14, 2022
Thank you for reaching out. Opportunities are dictated by our clients' needs and volume. We don't want to offer opportunities, to have you go through certification if there's no line of sight to sufficient volume to support your business. We truly appreciate your patience and expect volume to increase as we move further into the summer. Keep an eye on http://opportunities.liveopsnation.com/ for future opportunities!

Great company, flexible schedule

I loved working for them but I was not given a notice for when the contract ended and I was devastated financially at the abrupt end. This was truly a wonderful company to work for. I just wish I’d been given a heads up before it ended.

June 13, 2022
Thank you so much for leaving this review. We appreciate the time you took to share about your experience as an Independent Contractor with Liveops and your feedback! If you would like to share more please send your feedback to press@liveops.com.

Customer service

It depends on the assignment they can be real petty if you ask too many questions or put in a complaint. Job opportunities will be there but you won’t get them. Also will lock you out of your account and when you ask for assistance will give you the run around.

June 13, 2022
On behalf of Liveops, our apologies that your experience as an independent agent left you with a negative impression. Please tell us more by sending an email to press@liveops.com with what program you were in so we can improve the experience. We will pass your feedback along to leadership to improve the experience for future agents.

Great remote work if you can get the hours

This is my first time working from home and it’s great. The pay is great and is based on talk time. You are your own boss and set your own hours so there is a great work/life balance. The only downside is (and it hasn’t always been like this) but they have been over hiring and you may find yourself vying for the hours to make a living. You will need more than one line maybe even three to make an honest living.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Hire to many agents so not enough hours

June 6, 2022
We're thrilled to hear this from you! Comments like this let us know that we are on the right track. Thank you for sharing this with everyone.

Independent Contractor

I Love the thought of what LiveOps is and could be. I was so excited to start work, my first client was roleplaying to help train insurance agents. I enjoy what I do, it is fun but I am sad that it is not going as thought. They have to many contractors and not enough work or hours.

Pros

Home and Work Place is great, Other Contractors are great to reach out to for help, It is also really easy work.

Cons

Pay is for talk time only, if no there are no calls you don't get paid, I have sat around for hours and not gotten one call, The associates LiveOps- ARA's do not respond to you when asked for help, I have heard they are better with other clients.

NO opportunities or any other information

So far Im disappointed that I paid 25.00 to just sit around for a week with no updates. Other people have the same issue. Info is missleading and I did not know you would be waiting weeks or in some case with other agent 3 months for an opportunity. :/

Certifications are Impossible

There was a significant amount of technical errors while attempting to complete certifications through liveops. There was not enough leaders or management staff available to assist with the errors that were encountered therefore deadlines were impossible to meet if you were having issues. It is presented that you are working as an "independent contractor" however there were strict instructions given that were not flexible or controlled by the "contractor" to qualify as being an independent contractor. If you were lucky enough to jump through the correct hoops this may have been a great place of employment however, some of the expectations were unreasonable when there were not enough staff to instruct properly.

Pros

Working from home.

Cons

Not paid for time spent training and the training was quite time consuming to not get paid for it.

June 28, 2022
We appreciate your feedback here. We would love to know more about the specific program you were certifying for - please send us an email at press@liveops.com.

Independent contractor

I was an independent contractor for LiveOps. The work was okay if you enjoy being screamed at by customers most of the time. There is no support from you so-called supervisor because you are considered an independent contractor. You are responsible for everything from the equipment to paying for your taxes and health insurance. Also, you will have to fight for hours each week. Please be aware that your "job" is not secure because you are considered an independent contractor.

Frustrating

Certification is so confusing. They offer little information and the facilitators are rude and useless. Pro- You get to pick the companies and your shiftsCon- No Communication, certification is awful, unorganized

June 6, 2022
Hi there, Thank you for your review. We strive for an excellent agent experience and apologize if we fell short of expectations. Please tell us more by sending an email to press@liveops.com with what program you were in so we can improve.

Enjoyable work

The best thing about this company is that you can decide when to work and enhance your career. Take classes to work for the company you choose. Pay every 2 weeks.

May 26, 2022
Love this! You called out some great perks. The ability to set your own schedule is so helpful for balance. Thanks for sharing!

Flexible

Good flexible hours but not enough opportunities. If you’re getting paid by talk time you’re losing money at some point. Opportunities are not always available.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Limited opportunities

May 26, 2022
Hi there, thank you for leaving a review. Opportunities are dictated by our clients' needs and volume, and there is general seasonality with a few programs. Keep an eye on the opportunities dashboard for future openings. We appreciate your patience and feedback.

Independent Fun and exciting place to work

A great place to work. You work from home answering calls from various customers. You choose what contract you want. You will not be paid for training because this is a self employed job. If you do get the contract you choose time slots that is during your availability. However sometimes those times maybe taken but if you needed by client you can still work uncommitted but it will not go towards your contacts that you sign. Basically in the contract you agree to commit to so many hours each month. You must fulfill them hours or you will lose your contract with the company. You can make as much or less money you choose. But the customer are sometimes very rude.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Only get paid twice a month on the first and 16th of each month, sometimes there’s no time slots in your availability window to sign up to service your client.

May 19, 2022
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share about your experience contracting with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Flexible hours

Good income potential. Several clients to choose from. Online training. Communication is lacking and only through tickets submitted. Consequently some issues are unresolved.

May 19, 2022
We appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve the support system.

OK for supplemental income, but too volatile as a solitary source of income

I have contracted for LiveOps for about 3 years. The flexibility is literally the only positive to this job. If you happen to get lucky and end up working on one of the less junky lines of business, you may find it tolerable....UNTIL they overhire for that line and you have to fight not only the hundreds of other agents that want to work the same hours as you, but you also end up fighting the decreased call volume as a result of that overhiring. It has happened with every client that I have supported for LiveOps (5 clients so far). For those reasons, don't count on this to be your only source of income or you will be disappointed and broke. There simply aren't enough scheduled hours OR calls coming in to pay the bills. Also, if you are not tech savvy, don't even try to survive at this...there is no "tech support" department, so if your PC starts acting up, you need to know how to fix it yourself.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

Low call volume, difficult to choose the schedule you want, inconsistent income, "support" staff incompetence is rampant

Good training and great help. Very nice to work with Live Ops.

Excellent training and the ARAs are very helpful and answer your questions. I always got paid correctly and on time. I never had a problem with getting paid.

May 19, 2022
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed contracting with us. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback!

Flexibility but pay is poor and schedule availability can be challenging

Its nice being able to make your own schedule then there are shifts available to take but you have to be selective since you only get paid for actual talk time not the time you are available

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Pay and lack of shifts

May 19, 2022
We appreciate the feedback as we continue to enhance the agent experience. Thank you!

You are your own boss

This is an independent contractor remote call center that has no paid benefits or paid time off because you are paid for the actual time you are on the phone with a customer. On the Direct Response line you choose the days and times you will work. There are many clients who use Liveops to answer their calls to assist their customers placing orders and providing product information. The real drawback to working for Liveops is you are paid only $.25 per minute you are actually on the phone with a customer. The calls are very sporadic and so there are days there are few calls and times there are many calls. The problem lately us answering calls that no one is on the line or robocalls which can hurt your stats which will reduce your chances on getting more calls. It's great if you only want a part time job but don't depend on it as a dull time job until you have built your stats with average dollar amount in sales, the average amount of time on a call and your record of honoring the times you committed to working.

Pros

Work your own schedule

Cons

No benefits because you are independent contractor and calls are not consistent.

May 19, 2022
Please tell us more by sending an email to press@liveops.com with what program you are so we can look into this for you.

Great company

Good opportunities. It's a great independent contractor company. Although some times you may get a contract that doesn't behave any commit hours.

May 19, 2022
Thank you for the 5-star review! We love to hear feedback like this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Liveops. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.2
InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
4.4Career Opportunities
4.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight