LiveOps Employee Reviews

Better options out there
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 14, 2018
There have been so many leadership changes and direction changes that it feels like we are spinning in circles. Most of us thought that with Greg in charge he would have put us on a course in the right direction. Instead, we are starting to lose talented people because of:
- Lack of communication from leadership
- Constant change with lack of leadership and resources
- Getting rid of good employees and keeping some mediocre to save money.
- People are scared to say no or speak up because they think they will be next.
- We don't treat our agents well in the form of training, compensation, or guidance.
- There is a culture of fear.
- No flexibility in schedules for employees that Liveops prides itself on for agents.
- Lack of planning and poor execution of leadership actions puts business continuity at risk.
Could be fun but very stressful
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 22, 2018
LiveOps is a legit work from home opportunity. I worked both as an independent business owner and as an employee. We had a change in management in my department and the new boss was an angry control freak who thoroughly enjoyed ripping her employees apart.

The benefits were okay and it was nice working from home. Raises are basically nothing and it can take years to be promoted even if you do a good job.

Not a bad gig if you want to be an independent business owner. Tough road if you become an employee.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Poor salary, no advancement, manager was crazy
Working from home is wonderful!
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 14, 2018
My job with LiveOp's is a home based call center. On a typical day I can receive 40 to 45 in-bound calls that require resolution. Some calls can last 45 minutes some only 10 minutes. I have dealt with pleasant to unpleasant individuals which has taught me restraint and patience along with a listening ear. I have learned how to work independently using a chat room to communicate when I have issues or problems I can't resolve or need assistance with. Because it's a home-based business there is no face-to-fact contact, however the management team is very helpful in responding to inquires. The culture is very diversified not only in ethnicity but also age. The hardest part of the job is when we can't speak with someone immediately to get a response because it's all through chat. The most enjoyable part of the job is working from HOME! and being able to resolve an issue or problem the caller may have!
Pros
No commute; set own hours
Cons
No benefits work as an independant contractor
its a good place to work from home i enjoyed it of course it would be nice to be able to make more hours and benefits here but over all good
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2018
i like live ops a lot helped me to able to stay at home and take care of my little ones they will be starting school soon so its time to explore and be able to find a job where i can grow within the company and hopefully have benefits and more hours my kids are getting big meaning more money to spend so i am available
Pros
can be home with your family and make some many better than no money
Cons
not enough hrs no benefits
Work at Home Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2018
LiveOps is a work at home job where you have a flexible schedule. You can consider this a part time or full time job. If you're out of town on business, you can still log in as long as you have a quiet environment with land line phone and high speed internet, you can be able to work.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no healtcare options or 401k beefits
Flexible and suitable for gaining supplemental income
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 28, 2018
You’re an independent contractor so you can work as much or as little as you want.

The pay is not great but Liveops knows this and doesn’t try to hide this fact. This is not a primary job. It should be used for extra income.
Pros
You create your own schedule
Cons
No benefits, low pay
flexible schedule with fair pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJune 26, 2018
Flexible schedule allows me to take extra hours when I want to and to take time off when I want to. I work from home and enjoy that freedom very much. No expenses like clothes, gasoline, eating out, etc.
Pros
No expenses such as gasoline, clothes, eating out
Cons
no benefits or advancement
Choose your own hours
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 7, 2018
Great company to work for as an independent contractor you work as little or as much as you like. There's many different projects to choose from. Pizza Hut, all state, Obama steak company, turbo tax & many more.
Cons
No benefits, unpaid training & cost of eauipment
Great Flexible Work
Independent Inbound CSR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2018
LiveOps is a great place to work if you need to work flexible hours from home. There is no hassle getting to work on time and no transportation costs.
Pros
Flexible hours, training, biweekly pay, employee chat room, product & technical assistance
Cons
No benefits
You're able make decent money
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2018
Live Ops is a great way to lean into the Telesales field for novice employees who would like experince in inbound sells position. You do have no live reps to assit, just a bunch of scripts and if your not dedicated to a certain call group, calls are spaced out and sometimes 8 hrs can seem like 5 hrs on the payout due to slow call volume, your paid by talk time and upsells only.
Pros
Work from anywhere
Cons
No benefits at all
Not a good place to work
FNOL Insurance Claims Agent for All State (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 5, 2018
$.25 per minute is a slap in the face for the quality and amount of work they are asking of you. Seems like they never heard the term you get what you pay for. Job task are equal to being a claims adjuster which carries a salary of 40k per year. And they want to pay you $.25 per minute per call. Required to take a 24 hour online training course. The website that you work on is slow constantly freezing up while you are on a call. Tec support isn't available to address issues. Then your overall call time score will drop.And you quality score will drop. On some of the phone meetings the CEO sounded distracted not focused. And like he may have had a drink or two before the meeting.They charge you $65 for a background check(fee has to be paid in advance of working),overall just not worth the hassle for $.25 per minute.
Pros
Cons
Lack of decent wage
It depends on the project and the manager
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Home BasedOctober 16, 2018
I swear there was a religious cabal on my project, it was a great project at first but became increasingly impossible. And woe be to worker who isn’t Hap hap happy on command and they WILL probe you to make sure you REALLY swallowed the Kool Aid, . They actually told us a pay cut was an “exciting opportunity”. The doublespeak was worse than the the US government.

Having said that, it really depends on your manager and your project. You can have a great manager, who will make even a crazy “client” workable, or you can have a boot wiping syncophant who makes a good “client” sheer hades.
Pros
Supposed flexibility in work/life balance
Cons
Lousy bosses, too much drama, constant pay changes, culture of fear unclear whether expecations, invade your time off hours.
Fun work!
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 28, 2018
LiveOps, Inc. is a great job if you're self-motivated and like to work home. There are no benefits. You earn straight pay based on the time worked.
Pros
Autonomy and flexibility
Cons
No healthcare, 401k or other job benefits.
Liveops and cons
Customer Service/ Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 23, 2018
The work at home for Liveops as Independent Contractor, no benefits
salary very low compared to other work from home jobs. Some of the campaigns were interesting and fun to work on.
Pros
Maintain your own schedule.
Cons
Pay, .25 cents per minute talk time, sometimes your sitting nt getting paid because there are no calls.
Previlege to work on your time
Contract Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaMay 25, 2018
Allows you to work when you want to. No job security and can be fired for the simplest of things. No salary increase for years. Would be appreciative if they hold tax and Social Security payments
Pros
Work at your leisure
Cons
No benefits, no job security
Great but have to self motivated
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 7, 2018
With this job you're technically self employed so you have to manage yourself and it gives you capability to work around your other jobs and life. typical day would be logging on to the website, choosing your shift and then services calls from customers.
Pros
Make own schedule and be your own boss
Cons
no benefits or other programs
able to set own schedule
Marketing (Former Employee) –  from home in rocky top tnJune 16, 2018
You did not work with any direct supervisor. No paid vacation or any other benefits. You worked when you wanted. Sometimes it was hard getting times to work.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no paid vacation or oppurtunity to adance
Ok for very minimal pay
Duties - Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaApril 17, 2018
LiveOPs is ok if you are established.
It was hard to get hours
Pay was minimal
Not ideal.
I can't see trying to raise a family on this type of job. Its nice for extra money I guess.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Great job if you don't mind being underpaid
Licensed insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  remoteNovember 7, 2018
I was one of their top Licensed Reps and I could barely get my check over $500 a week. Unless you work more than 40 hours a week. I decided my time was more valuable than trading it for their pennies.
The job is easy, almost boring IF you can sell. If you are not "producing", prepare yourself for long hours waiting on incoming calls that rarely come.

I was making on average about $2-3 per call received. If that call was sold, maybe $15-$20 per sale. IF you sold 5 sales in a day, you might get paid about $75 - $100 for that day.

One of the most frustrating things with this company is having to wait a month to get paid. What was more frustrating for me personally, was once I did get paid, after a few days I was broke again and had to wait for the next pay period. Then repeat the cycle.

Bottom line, if you don't need much money to live on, this job maybe for you, if you can produce. Working from home and setting your own hours is great. Easy work too. This is probably better if you just need a little money while working on another income project or starting your own business.

Don't expect much from management. Their support is minimal at best. Don't be surprised if you find them misleading or even outright lying to you.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a great watering hole for people with low self esteem and low expectations. They will flourish here for years and be quite content!
Pros
work from home, set your own hours, easy job
Cons
low pay
good company to work for with hours i can choose to work without a set work shift
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 20, 2018
Pleasant supervisors and workers welcomed me everyday, I learned to have a positive attitude is a part of my work performance, management was great appreciative to the workers, abundance of cultures among the workers, the hardest part of the job was upsells which went on and on and are sometimes long but that was all a part of work, I enjoyed my position, the most enjoyable part of the job is without a doubt, meeting the needs of the customers and making sure they are comfortable during the process of placing their orders.
Pros
I could pick up extra work hours if needed
Cons
I had to rush to pick up hours at a certain time of the day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LiveOps. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about