Living Resources Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Caring and Professional
Clincial Counseling Intern (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 11, 2018
I have interned at Living Resources for a year and I would not have changed my experience for anything. I have gained so many personal and professional skills here that I genuinely believe I wouldn't have gained at other internships. I have had the chance to grow here and that growth was constantly supported. There is really a community among workers here and there is always someone around if you need them. I have been treated so well by supervisors, co-workers, and other employees. Living Resources is overall a perfect mix of team work and autonomy. I genuinely enjoy coming in every day.
Pros
Supportive staff and environment, great supervision
Collaborative and team oriented place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 5, 2018
A typical day at work would be working in the clinical dept. with other interns and counselors, I learned that Living Resources does many things for their residents, management is strong team oriented, the workplace culture is very friendly and helpful, the hardest part of the job is learning new skills because there are so many of them, and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team of people who are dedicated to help this community of people.
Pros
The workplace culture
Cons
there are no cons
Great place to work.. It is what you make it!!
RN (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 5, 2018
I enjoy working for this company. Co-workers are an amazing group of people who are supportive, encouraging and a pleasure to work with. As you all know, No Company/Management is perfect. If you think you will find that; you will always be unhappy wherever you work. The good outweighs the bad. This company and the staff provide a valuable service to the people and families it services. With that, you feel good at the end of the day that you made a difference in someones life. As with anywhere you work, alot has to do with the attitude you go into work each day with, and (for me) it isn't always about the money. It is what you make it.
Pros
Benefits, Flexibility, Co-workers & staff
Cons
Salary
Always looking to promote from within
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 5, 2018
In my time with living resources I have seen several staff members move up and be promoted. From DSPs to Managers, LRC definitely values encouraging people move forward on their career path. Working with the individuals is great, the day to day stuff can be stressful but its no different than in other agencies I have worked for. There is very much a "we're all in this together" type of attitude here.
Caring staff
Direct Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 1, 2018
A day at the home I work at is like being at my own home. I help out with different task that are much like my regular living task and daily living essentials such as , cooking,cleaning, laundry, dr. appointments, special outings, etc.
Pros
caring environment, with rewards of helping others in need, that can't help themselves independently.
Cons
Not enough staff due to poor pay and sometimes the lack of help from staff that are on board.
Avoid
Life Skills Coach (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 24, 2018
By far the worst place I have ever worked at in my entire life. This hurts to say because I loved the job, but boy oh boy is the management trash. There is no room for moving up or improvement. You bust your back and no one appreciates or motivates you. The only ones who get promotions are those who have personal connections to the managers, which is a joke. If you try to give constructive criticism about the way things are done, the managers shut you down immediately. Nothing is under control, the hours are extremely unfair, the tasks are outrageous, and the pay isn’t worth your while. The bosses drop you in situations you don’t know how to handle, as well as expect you to just adapt to any situation without training on it. Also, you get no breaks. When you bring it up they just expect you to take one when you can, problem is you can’t and have no time to. Place is a giant joke.
Pros
Bonds with supported individuals
Cons
Everything else
Bad management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 17, 2018
CEO needs to retire. Upper management are almost entirely inept. As a result, this place hemorrhages young, talented managers and employees. Avoid avoid avoid this place.
Benefits
Cons
Too many to list
Long hours, little appreciation, unreasonable expectations
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 10, 2018
I have worked here for over 1 year. In that time I have had 3 managers. I was moved into another position without being told. I was qualified and did not object to the change, but was never consulted for the change. The HR department is overworked, and does not do their jobs in a timely manner most of the time. Be careful which department that you work in. Large disparities between management styles and expectations of management between portions of the company.
Pros
Co-workers, clients
Cons
Management expectations
learned alot
Day community opportunities (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 25, 2017
this job was always on the go. and it very hard for me to get there once the CDTA stop going pass the job. overall it was a good experience. working with people that have disability was a great eye opener. the hardest thing about this job was picking everyone up and being at our first site by 9:00 am.
Worst place I've ever worked
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 26, 2017
This is the worst place I've ever worked. Horrible management. Completely disorganized with zero leadership. Nurses are not valued but expected to work around the clock with no pay and no support.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything else

Want to know more about Living Resources Inc?

Ask a question
A nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 14, 2017
This is a place where you can truly make a difference in the people's lives that you work with. Great co-workers and supportive management. Learned a lot of great skills in case management.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Not the greatest pay
Flexible schedule and understanding management
Community Facilitator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. They allowed me to have a very flexible schedule. They truly care about the consumers and the services and support they give. The upper management is flexible and understanding. Because of the flexible schedule, it allowed me to work around my schooling and supported me while taking classes. I would highly recommend this company. They are cool to work for!
not a good place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 17, 2016
I worked for Living Resources for almost 6 yrs i enjoyed my job but the management are very unprofessional, as a staff we see and do mostly everything but if you bring it to the management and they dont like what you have to say watch out, and as a manger they can do what ever they wont and say what ever they wont and they will always be right ,a nd they can steal from the consumers and nothing happens to them at all, so please go some where else to work, what i miss are the consumers i took care of and they wouldnt even say good to them
Pros
the consumers
Cons
pay, and management
Working at Living Resources
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  DCOP ion SchenectadyDecember 1, 2015
Working with the consumers is WONDERFUL!!!!! but Upper Management sucks! Watch your back Makes it not worth the depression it give you. Upper management likes to retaliate when issues are brought to their attention.
Pros
Consumers
Cons
Upper Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Living Resources Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Living Resources Inc Reviews by Location