LIVINGSTON COUNTY Employee Reviews

Stressful
Probation and Parole Officer II (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, MOSeptember 5, 2018
As with the job in Liberty, MO it was very stressful and sometimes rewarding. The best part of the job were the other staff members, as we all felt like we were part of a family.
Unorganized Management
Adminstrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIFebruary 23, 2018
Management could careless about those beneath them. Your life means nothing to them. The fact that that your boss makes 5 times what you make is ridiculous.
Pros
Benefits and Co-workers
Cons
The pay.
Fun place to work
Assistant Dog Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Mount Morris, NYMay 11, 2017
The co workers were great and the overall job was fun.
They always made sure you were taken care of. The best part was being able to interact with the dogs.
Political and tend to pay for those not producing
Deputy Assessor (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, ILMarch 29, 2017
Appreciate all the skills and knowledge from my position, however the amount of work without the pay for those doing all the work is not enough. Would like to be valued for the work I do...
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Income / Non appreciated
Special Ministries of Livingston County
Volunteering Experiences (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MI 48116January 14, 2017
Volunteering for this organization was an eye-opener for me. I got to work one on one with participants and attend events that specialized in bringing everyone in Livingston County together. The different events that took place helped the participants on many different levels from social, to recreational and it was amazing to be apart of.
Very productive work place
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, ILSeptember 16, 2016
Worked here for just over 2 years. My co-workers were excellent. Great to work with. A typical day work we cleaned the offices at the courthouse and law and justice center.
Political appointee management with limited skills
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, IllinoisAugust 11, 2015
Very busy work days servicing 150 employees with servers, networks, 5 domain names and 6 geographical locations.

Political appointee management with limited skills and very political in their decision making
Pros
Good environment to work
Cons
Terrible management with limited education and skills
Management has little vision
Temporary Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIApril 6, 2015
Generally disorganized IT environment. Upgrades to Windows 7 only completed in 2014 as Windows XP went out of MS support
Pros
County workers are a pleasure to work with, support.
Cons
No leadership in place.
Productive work environment
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, ILMarch 17, 2015
A typical day at work offers a variety of tasks and challenges related to preventive and general maintenance within county buildings. Through my work experience, I have had opportunities to enhance my problem-solving and mechanical skills through interactions with various technicians and other co-workers. Management is easy to get along with. The most difficult part of the job is not always being able to make all repairs without a technician due to laws. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to take something that is not working or broken and making it work again.
Pros
Livingston County Retirement Plan
Cons
Snow and ice removal