Livingston International Employee Reviews

TRADE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 26, 2019
Livingston Management runs the company very badly. Favoritism is very big at Livingston. I have endured harrassment by managment, threats of being fired and the list goes on and on. The Computer systems are extremely old and out dated and everything is all manual. Most managers are very unprofessional and if you complain they will write you up. They alter your time card so keep up with your time. Honestly overall its a great learning experiance but the management is very poor I say this is not the place to work for.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Time Off
Cons
Bad Managers, Unprofessional, Disrespectful
I thought things would change. I was incorrect in my belief.
Trade Analyst, (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 25, 2019
Cliqueiness, little to no opportunity for veteran employees. Seasoned talent is bleeding away to other companies at a surprising rate. Outsiders are brought in, only to leave, when they discover the truth, or ar found to be empty shirts.
Pros
Tbd
Cons
Merit increases barely match COLA. Figure retail wages +
One of the most stressful places I've worked
Import Analyst/ Licensed Customs Broker, CCS (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 4, 2019
Management is their biggest issue. From the top to the local office level mismanagement abounds. They've been restructuring operations lately and that really made matters exponentially worse.
Huge upheaval in staff in the LA (El Segundo) office.
Data Entry/Imaging Indexer (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMarch 16, 2019
The people and supervisors were great folks. They always explained the job and things that were going to be happening very well. The only draw back is they are opened 24/7-365, so you have to volunteer to work holidays
Searching for an identity
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 7, 2019
Livingston is going through a lot of changes and is trying to find an identity. They are getting rid of experienced people and promoting less qualified individuals. Right now they are focused on the bottom line and not the individual. Management hires in friends and surrounds themselves with yes met. Not the best place to work at this time.
Pros
Dress code
Cons
Not a good place right now
Trade Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 21, 2019
New management team has destroyed all trust in management. They have walled off themselves from the rest of the company and are destroying employee trust.
Pros
gym
Cons
Everything I stated above
One of the best companies to work for, fun, productive, thoughtful.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYFebruary 20, 2019
As an Import/Export Broker, you are the front line to your dedicated clients. I enjoyed helping them finding the right classifications for their product, made sure their power of attorney and other paperwork were up to par, I would refund their account if any errors were made on our behalf, and escalate certain issues that needed higher approval. Overall, it is a tiny company and homey. I do miss working there. Pot lucks, decoration contests, and much more. This is a one of a king Brokerage company you won't find just anywhere.
Pros
Nice workplace, nice people, nice facilities, pot lucks and so much more
Cons
Can be stressful if you are not used to a structured environment
They have really good paid time off and sick days
Operations Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILFebruary 11, 2019
Probably had one of the better benefits package as far as paid time off and sick days. Are very strict on time used after your paid time off has run out.
Good pay terrible environment
Release Customs Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 21, 2018
This place is a good transition fase job, wouldn’t reconend staying here past a couple years or it will trap you. High turnover and new hires always suck.
Nice company
Release classification analyst (Current Employee) –  NYNovember 9, 2018
It is a nice company. If you do your job as asked you will not have an issue plus it is a pretty fun place to work with good vacation and benefit package
two thumbs down!
Release customs analyst (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MISeptember 11, 2018
This job is computer and telephone focused. A typical day at work consisted of data entry but you are separated into different teams with different supervisors. absolutely nobody helps you out let alone speaks to you... such a shame there are so many cliques. If your managers or coworkers could help you out your first few weeks so you aren't clueless, they probably wouldn't have such a high turnover rate. Sharing desks with other coworkers sucks because you feel like you are stepping on their toes.
You have several weeks of classroom setting training on computers with a trainer who is present most of the time. they then throw you out into the "pool" with no instructions, where nobody cares to assist you if you need help. You just log how many customs reports you complete each day.
Also, if you didn't work fast enough (for the drivers crossing the border) they would call and yell at you..
Pros
breaks, benefits, casual dress code
Cons
poor management, lots of cliques, shared desks
Lower management created tolerable work culture but corporate is 180 turn
Trade Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
Too many upper level senior management; created too much confusion as to directives and guidance for company programs.

Decentralized operations for small to medium business clients created difficulty in maintaining client retention. Focus on new business compromises long term account retention.

Acquired companies are not always co-operative with corporate directives.
Pros
Decent work culture in sales group
Cons
Difficult to advance
a job while you look for a job
Export Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 26, 2018
The better you are the more work is given to you. "Limited" individuals do very little. 25 to 30 cent raise plus $500 to $600 Bonus every April. Nothing else. You will get called in a promised more but you will never see it. Do not promote from within. Not enough staff to handle work load. Very little/minimal training. High stress. Overtime daily.
Pros
401K, Hsa, Health insurance
Cons
micromanaged
fun
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 26, 2018
liked working packing house hold goods and meeting new people that work for our country was the best .I was the crew leader and it was fun.moving and loading trucks
Livingston International
Project Specialist, Global Studies (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 25, 2018
Management is divided amongst the teams, no communication as a whole throughout the company. A lot of information is found out second hand thru the employees and then brought to their manager's attention.
Productive and fast pace
Receptionist/ customer service (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 18, 2018
Quiet workplace I did have a quarter to meet which was 450 a day indexing productive Fast ten key stroke

Livingston is family-orientated wonderful place to work ample opportunity it just wasn't enough advancement for me
Productive, friendly, busy
RELEASE CLERK AND FREIGHT BILLING (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJune 13, 2018
continuous learning in this job. I learned how to work along with US Customs. Management was awesome at this job where I held two positions. Two different managers both great.
Pros
constant learning very busy
Cons
Night shift was tough
No growth opportunites
Trade Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 5, 2018
I haven't grown in the company in the last 3 years and there has been a lot of turn over entry potions and Management positions. The company is in a transition period.
A good place to work and good to improve my skills
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 17, 2018
I learned a lot on this company due that the boss trusted on me, and the environment was very good on it. The benefits were very good, and I think that I approached the opportunities.
Benefits
Cons
great place to work until they are over budget
Air & Sea Import Specialist, LCB (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILMarch 30, 2018
Livingston was a dream job for me, even with the long hours and heavy workload, lack of training, etc.. it still had a very reputable name. The problem with working here is that if they lose an account or don't bring in the projected revenue, they will let go of entire departments/divisions. I wasn't the first, and most certainly not the last. Since I left, more that half the staff have been let go. Many of the departments/divisions no longer exist, including mine. They will go through another hiring frenzy, and then let a ton of people go again, as soon as they are over budget. There is no job security here.
Pros
clean office, great coffee, nice building, pleasant coworkers
Cons
no job security