LivingTree

LivingTree Employee Reviews

United States6 reviews
Make an Impact in Public Education!
Livingtree is a rapidly growing company that has presented me with lots of opportunities to learn. I work with an awesome group of people that are committed to family engagement in public education. The job presents new challenges every day and I enjoy that I can perform my responsibilities remotely.
One of the best places I've worked at
Working at Livingtree has been an amazing and rewarding experience. Not only have I had opportunities to grow, but I've been able to move up and establish a place within the company. I feel completely supported by upper management and my co-workers around me, and the dynamic is always exciting. I've had the opportunity to watch the company grow over the last year and a half and it has been amazing to see. It is growing fast and there are a lot of opportunities ahead.

Each and every week, I feel like I know exactly what is expected of me and know what needs to get done. Meetings with other members, departments, and management keep us focused and on the same page. Being a small start-up company, things can change by the day, but everyone is supportive and works hard to make things flow smoothly for all of us here, as well as our customers.

Compensation and benefits at Livingtree are good, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Time off is usually flexible and easy to coordinate, and we have the opportunity to work from home a couple of times a week. The healthcare/health insurance is not the best, but it's better considering they make HSA contributions.

The culture here is great, with a lot of hard working and respectable individuals. People work hard, but also laugh and have fun. Our CEO is involved and supportive. He keeps everyone honest but also ensures that we are able to meet goals and achieve success. At the end of the day, it's amazing to look at the work we are doing to improve the learning lives of students and help them succeed. It's a great feeling knowing you
 - more...
Pros
Start Up Culture, Motivated Team, Supportive, Meaningful Work, Experienced Staff Members, Free Coffee/Snacks and Occasional Free Lunches, Work from Home Opportunities, Flexible Time Off Opportunities
Such a disappointment
This company lacks leadership. Sales is the main focus yet there is little to no technology development/advancement. The culture is horrible with zero communication from the top down, yet it’s exoected that everyone work hard and do whatever is necessary to move the ball forward. Very much a “bro” culture and no equity is given which is unheard of in the start up community. There is literally no culture and no energy in the office. Revenue is low and sales is expected to sell a “pie in the sky” idea that hasn’t even been built yet. Run don’t walk.
Cons
Lack of leadership, strategic direction, stability, culture
Making a Difference
Livingtree is a great place to work! It's fun to come to work everyday knowing we are making a difference in the K-12 education space.

It's a small company with a start-up culture and mentality. Everyone here is close, and works hard to meet company goals.

The company sells two products that make a difference in the K-12 education space. The Engage product is helping school districts sustain their family engagement practices by providing a platform that creates educator - family relationships and promotes family efficacy. The Give product provides school districts with a fundraising management solution where they can provide every member of the district a place to fundraise online, while overseeing, tracking and reporting on the entire process.

It's an exciting time to be working with the company, and I can't wait to see where it goes.
Pros
Small company, start-up culture, hardworking and motivated team, meaningful work
Cons
We go through snacks and coffee very quickly
Exciting and impactful place to work!
Livingtree is a great company, with a wonderful product, in an exciting market space.

Not your typical startup and I love the fact that we get to work to increase Parent Engagement in the K-12 space one district and school at a time. The impact of that company goal makes coming to work everyday meaningful and fulfilling.
Pros
Meaningful work in a fast paced environment. Experienced staff.
Terrible Company
Company is a mess, there is no budget for marketing, CTO is the real owner, company has no future prospects, head of company doesn't even work in the office, most people sit around and waste company time.

There are no formal sales process, they do not know how cultivate a pipeline, drive leads, or have any formal training. Competitors have majority of market share and LivingTree will be squeezed out within 3 years due to not being able to close deals.

Their top salesperson who built the grass roots marketing program, created a referral program, and then used these referrals to leverage district accounts was fired. Definitely was a terrible decision from management because their acquisitions will be low causing a major loss in potential future revenues.

In short, the company is a complete, absolute mess with no real prospects because management does not know how to see value, delegate work, hire seasoned executives, nor does it have the budget or time for a proper marketing channels. The company is broke.
Pros
You get to help kids, although management doesn't care about the kids as much as the districts.
Cons
Listen more, raise capital for a marketing budget, be honest when you hire a person to do a job, instead of lying just to get them in the door.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at LivingTree. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2