LMI Aerospace, Inc. Employee Reviews

Decent place to get your foot in the door...
Aerospace Quality Inspector III (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOFebruary 27, 2019
I started here straight out of college and at first it was pretty good. As time goes on you start to notice the lack of planning, management, and lack of supervision. There is not much in the sense of advancement or pay. After my very positive reviews and skill assessments I was evaluated at an advanced level, and should get a raise to reflect such. I never received anything for an entire year and my next review! The management is so dissociated with the production floor that it makes any logical decisions impossible. There is all the OT you want however there is not much of a work-life balance if you just want to work a 40 hour/week job and pay all your bills on time.
Pros
Ot
Cons
Most everything else
Na
QA Inspector (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 21, 2019
Great place to work live all employees great hr staff just did your job habe a good time get stuff done and they'll take care of you thru thick and thin.
Poor Management
Production (Current Employee) –  Fredonia, KSJanuary 30, 2019
You get pass over for jobs you're qualified for someone who's a brown noser and lacks knowledge for the job at hand. If you do a poor job at your current job they will more than likely promote you and give you more responsibly with more pay.
Sinking ship
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, KSJanuary 23, 2019
If you want a day filled with no respect, no communication, no support, over worked, unappreciated, and no help Fredonia LMI is just the place for you. They offer all the above and more!
They do not want or like change.
This place will drain you and come back to check if you have anymore to give.
Pros
Pay and insurance $ is awesome!
Cons
Management or lack there of. No communication
LMI valued their employees
Executive Assistant to Deputy Director (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 21, 2019
LMI saw their employees as the greatest asset. We were treated like people and they understood life happens. Great company to work for. Support and compassion for all the employees.
Pros
Telework, flexible hours, good management
Cons
No longer the company I work for
I love my job
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 16, 2019
I have been with the company 9 months and have loved almost every moment here. I have no complaints about LMI. The Management team is one of the best I have ever worked for.
If you live in the area and are desperate for a job this is for you
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Falls, KSJanuary 4, 2019
There are pros and cons to this place but it just depends on what you are willing to go through to be able to pay your bills. Yes the management is bad. They show favoritism and will overwork you for as little pay as they can get away with. There is drama everyday almost like high school only worse but if you keep to yourself it is tolerable.
As far as the pros, you can get trained for various jobs within the company. It's a good place to gain experience in order to get your foot in the door somewhere else later. If you have a child in daycare these hours will go along with hours that most daycares are open. You will be able to afford a very cheap house with this income and if you can keep forcing yourself to go back to this place every day you can survive working here. But if you have health problems and miss too many days you will be fired. So basically you have to show up, put up with people who you won't like, do the job and then try your best to enjoy life outside of work because it's going to suck here. But at the same time it will put a roof over your head and it's more money than working at dollar general next door.
Pros
A job that pays more than minimum wage, gaining skills, job security, overtime
Cons
working along side the most annoying people in the world, unfair, favoritism, little to no raises, knowing that you are being screwed over and continuing to come here anyway
Overall a very good company
EHS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 3, 2019
My position allows me to make my own schedule as well as coming and going as I please. Management supports decisions made in terms of safety and seems to embrace the safety culture. Language barriers definitely make the job more difficult.
Nice place to work
Assembler , package ,computer tech. (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJanuary 1, 2019
I went through a temp agent. I was giving a 90 days probation for the job. Before the 90 days were up the company started to slow down. And many people's were getting laid off.
Pros
Good pay at the time
Cons
Unpredictable hour changes
Aerostructure Assessment
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MODecember 16, 2018
The company has changed a lot over the last few years since it was purchased by Sonaca group with new management. The company treats their employees well and is working to integrate new technology and improve processes.
I really appreciate it.
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 5, 2018
this is first company I learn about machinist and I worked 4years in this company. Before I could work 12 hours for 6 days but now, I just have 40 hours a week. I have to pay alot of bill. That why I have to leave.
Relaxed and Modern Corporate Company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MONovember 12, 2018
For a smaller company (around 2,000 employees) LMI really takes care of their employees. There is many opportunities for advancement and higher development.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
company may experience money losses due to penalties from customers
Great Culture and Team
Recruiting Coordinator/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MONovember 8, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture, team and flexibility. Work Life balance really matters. The ability to work with others efficiently and effectively along with solving issues.
Working here is your life
Operator/production support (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 2, 2018
If you work for LMI Tulsa be prepared to barely see your family. We work 10+ hours a day, including weekends. This company says that they want us to have a “home/work life balance”. But they don’t know what a home life really is. They don’t care if you have a family at home waiting on you they want you to work more. They give you more responsibilities than one person can truely handle and don’t pay you for it. Some of the management and leadership team understand and care. It is mainly upper management that doesn’t care. Also if you are a female applying, don’t. If you aren’t a man you won’t make it anywhere in this business
Pros
All the over time anyone could ever ask for
Cons
No work life home life balance, the pay sucks if you aren’t salary
I enjoy and feel like I belong at LMI, I was a good fit.
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Vista, CA 92081October 27, 2018
LMI was a great place to work for me. I always felt I was treated fairly and they gave me everything I needed to do a top quality job as an I ndustrial Mechanic. Not everyone felt as I did. And would not leave except for the desire to have my wife and I near our Daughter and support a happy family!
Pros
Honest ethical company philosophy! good pay! Interesting challenging work!
Cons
constantly changing priorities... constantly different bosses...
Engineer
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 22, 2018
The management at this company is very out of touch with the on the ground employees who actually make the company money. When the management screws up and over commits, the workers pay the price for a mistake that was out of their control while the management takes a bonus.
Stressful environment
Production Lead 3M Department (Former Employee) –  Cuba, MOOctober 10, 2018
Start time is 5am. Very stressful at times, with little notice on mandatory overtime. Can be dangerously hot in the summer and bitterly cold in the winter.
Pros
Co-workers are amazing
Cons
Dangerous chemicals, many carcinogens in the building
Cut throat and stressful.
Mushroom - Kept in dark and fed excrement. (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Falls, KS.September 27, 2018
Sociopath floor workers who will inflate, exacerbate and flat out lie with character assassination and other means to try and make others look bad in order to try and elevate themselves and management tolerates it.

The facility is filled with FOD and thilth and management tolerates it.

Don't waste your time with this place, it isn't worth it.

Signed -a 30 year veteran of the industry.
Pros
With a work enviroment like this, there is none.
Cons
Yes, those work there, too.
Gppd job for the area
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fredonia, KSSeptember 24, 2018
People aren't happy unless they have something to complain about, but there's lots of overtime and some overtime bonuses, benefits, 5 shifts, lots of departments.
Informative and great hands-on training
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOSeptember 17, 2018
A 4-week introduction to aerospace course was the first bit of my work in the industry. It was very informative and I enjoyed the class and instructor. LMI was great in that they asked if we wanted first or second shift when we started. The benefits were not the greatest and there was a huge deductible for medical care. I did not like having to wait for parts and production standing at a halt sometimes.
Pros
On the job training
Cons
10 min. breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LMI Aerospace, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight