LMI Aerospace, Inc. Employee Reviews

Working here is your life
Operator/production support (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 2, 2018
If you work for LMI Tulsa be prepared to barely see your family. We work 10+ hours a day, including weekends. This company says that they want us to have a “home/work life balance”. But they don’t know what a home life really is. They don’t care if you have a family at home waiting on you they want you to work more. They give you more responsibilities than one person can truely handle and don’t pay you for it. Some of the management and leadership team understand and care. It is mainly upper management that doesn’t care. Also if you are a female applying, don’t. If you aren’t a man you won’t make it anywhere in this business
Pros
All the over time anyone could ever ask for
Cons
No work life home life balance, the pay sucks if you aren’t salary
Informative and great hands-on training
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOSeptember 17, 2018
A 4-week introduction to aerospace course was the first bit of my work in the industry. It was very informative and I enjoyed the class and instructor. LMI was great in that they asked if we wanted first or second shift when we started. The benefits were not the greatest and there was a huge deductible for medical care. I did not like having to wait for parts and production standing at a halt sometimes.
Pros
On the job training
Cons
10 min. breaks
Gppd job for the area
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fredonia, KSSeptember 24, 2018
People aren't happy unless they have something to complain about, but there's lots of overtime and some overtime bonuses, benefits, 5 shifts, lots of departments.
Lies, false promises
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Coweta, OKJuly 21, 2018
Got bought out and fired after promised a new building and raises. People that remained from the buy out was good people the new people came in and cleaned house.
Pros
Fun work
Cons
Job security
Poor Management, Horrible pay, Hours will kill you
Electronic Assembler (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 29, 2017
The Management is horrible. There is no communication between the shop floor and office (management). Work orders/jobs are CONSTANTLY late arriving to the floor, its a hurry up and wait game! There is no support from engineers, management, or some of your fellow co-workers. Double standards must be the religion of LMI Aerospace. It's a "do as I say, not as I do" work ethic. A lot of drama happens on a daily basis. When problems arise, management will never deal with the problem directly-will always avoid direct confrontation with the person that is causing the problem. So in-turn nothing ever gets handled properly. Pay is horrible along with the hours. Work you like a dog but don't want to back up the pay to go along with it. Management will make you beg for a raise and never ever give it to you. Seems like those that slack off and do bare minimum get everything handed to them on a silver platter.
Pros
some of the work is interesting
Cons
pay, management, hours
Cut throat and stressful.
Mushroom - Kept in dark and fed excrement. (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Falls, KS.September 27, 2018
Sociopath floor workers who will inflate, exacerbate and flat out lie with character assassination and other means to try and make others look bad in order to try and elevate themselves and management tolerates it.

The facility is filled with FOD and thilth and management tolerates it.

Don't waste your time with this place, it isn't worth it.

Signed -a 30 year veteran of the industry.
Pros
With a work enviroment like this, there is none.
Cons
Yes, those work there, too.
Great Culture and Team
Recruiting Coordinator/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MONovember 8, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture, team and flexibility. Work Life balance really matters. The ability to work with others efficiently and effectively along with solving issues.
Relaxed and Modern Corporate Company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MONovember 12, 2018
For a smaller company (around 2,000 employees) LMI really takes care of their employees. There is many opportunities for advancement and higher development.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
company may experience money losses due to penalties from customers
I enjoy and feel like I belong at LMI, I was a good fit.
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Vista, CA 92081October 27, 2018
LMI was a great place to work for me. I always felt I was treated fairly and they gave me everything I needed to do a top quality job as an I ndustrial Mechanic. Not everyone felt as I did. And would not leave except for the desire to have my wife and I near our Daughter and support a happy family!
Pros
Honest ethical company philosophy! good pay! Interesting challenging work!
Cons
constantly changing priorities... constantly different bosses...
Do not work here
Receiving clerk (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJanuary 23, 2018
No sympathy for employee. High demand no compensation. People have a low morale at this place. Do not expect to move up in this company. General managers fired all the time.
Engineer
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 22, 2018
The management at this company is very out of touch with the on the ground employees who actually make the company money. When the management screws up and over commits, the workers pay the price for a mistake that was out of their control while the management takes a bonus.
Cut throat and very high stress levels.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood Falls, KSJuly 23, 2018
LMI Aerospace is a great place to work benefit wise but personally the management is terrible and very unprofessional. If you want to get paid to sit on your phone and mess around this is the place to be. Its also a high school full of grown adults almost like a zoo sometimes. If you want an easy job where you get paid to deal with rude people that make false accusations this is the place to be.
great place to work, may not survive in this economy
Stress Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXOctober 18, 2017
My managers at LMI/D3 were the best in my career. Great skill growth potential and great team spirit in workplace. Completely dependent on contract work that eventually dried up. If opportunity arose and had promise of some stability, I would return without hesitation.
Pros
flexible schedule, great work/life balance, good benefits
Cons
contract stability
Manufacturer
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 20, 2018
My present position with LMI Aerospace is Administrative Assistant to General Manager, Supervisors, Engineers, and HR Manager. I work in General Ledger with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. I have experience in customer service such as vendors and sub-contractors (ie phone calls, emails, purchase orders and arrange meetings).
Pros
Team player from management as well as co-workers
Cons
With the high cost of living - LMI doesn't pay enough
I really appreciate it.
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 5, 2018
this is first company I learn about machinist and I worked 4years in this company. Before I could work 12 hours for 6 days but now, I just have 40 hours a week. I have to pay alot of bill. That why I have to leave.
Productive yet Hostile
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOSeptember 10, 2018
There is constant micromanagement to were it will become harassment and uncomfortable. I would satisfactorily complete my tasks on a timely schedule as well as helping others complete their tasks.
Pros
Job assignments
Cons
unpaid lunch and breaks
Bad management, empty promises
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 28, 2018
Worst managment I have ever worked for, Most management is related, also very discriminative toward black people, women. I worked here a year, i quit.
Pros
Offers health care, 2x 15mins breaks +30min break
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, poor work environment, poor HR
Stress Analysis Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 14, 2017

Good work-life balance

Flexible work schedule

Good benefits

Management was fair
Bad management, lot of favoritism
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Falls, KSOctober 28, 2017
Favoritism is horrible here. Management sucks and they want more but won’t pay more. Raises suck. Use to be the best place to work at when it was Valent. Has gone way down hill.
Pros
Vacation time.
Cons
Management, part shortages
Stressful environment
Production Lead 3M Department (Former Employee) –  Cuba, MOOctober 10, 2018
Start time is 5am. Very stressful at times, with little notice on mandatory overtime. Can be dangerously hot in the summer and bitterly cold in the winter.
Pros
Co-workers are amazing
Cons
Dangerous chemicals, many carcinogens in the building

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LMI Aerospace, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight