Loan Max Title Loans Employee Reviews

Terrible work place!!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJune 3, 2019
I suggest you keep looking!!! this company is liars and discriminates. Like most corp. companies they will try to sell you the product to get you in, once your in (employed) you will have HIGH demands and your job will be threaten everyday by upper management. You never knew day to day if they would change the policies and what they would throw your way. being a store manager myself well you have more pressure on you then the area manager, and the CSR are treated poorly by all. this company fails to see that the store manager and the CSR are the face of the company, with us they would not be rich and employed. I suggest you go to a company that cares about you and understands you are the face of the company and THEY NEED YOU, NOT YOU NEED THEM! to many jobs out there right now to just settle with this one. KEEP LOOKING ANF RUN FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!
FYI: they loose ALOT of employee's, they don't have enough people to cover the stores so you will also do other stores work as well, o and they make you stay late if you don't complete pages and pages and I mean pages of collection calls..... that is the main part of this job " COLLECTIONS" so go work at a collection agency if you want this job. JMO! good luck with this place
Pros
I got out of this stress full place and enjoying my life and new job!
Cons
this place is judgmental and disciminates, everything about this job is a con.
This place is a joke.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMay 23, 2019
This place is a joke, NEVER WORK HERE. They intimidate you and threaten your job whenever possible. They make you feel inadequate and disposable. I had to leave because every day I would walk in and feel like that was my last day even if I was doing everything correctly. The management is a joke, they tell you what to do and do the complete opposite. They want a revolving door for “Yes Men”. If you question them, they will exclude you and pick on you. When I told my Area Manager I was pregnant, she singled me out and made my job SO much more difficult. They wouldn’t even give me a half of a day to grieve the death of my child. NEVER EVER WORK HERE.
Pros
Cons
All of it
Potential to be cool company as long as you stay to yourself
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 19, 2019
I had the opportunity to work a few months here and unfortunately had to leave the job for personal reasons. I was exgtremley good at it and brought in on average $10,000 a month myself working on the phones. Environment is laid back, small- about 6 -10 people working at a time. There are a ton of games and incentives to get agents to strive for more payments. Pay was decent, $12.50/ hour weekly with room for overtime. Overall, it was okay, just a bit of petty drama from females which is a huge turn off for me.
Pros
working independently fr the most part
Cons
Drama sneakiness
Horrific
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 16, 2019
Worst company ever, the mgmt team is a joke. They're bullies,liars, and drama fed people. Not to mention SCAMMERS. THEY SHOULD BE PUT OUTTA BUSINESS
ASAP !!!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
everything else
Call center, okay job, REPETITIVE
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVMay 14, 2019
If you like setting all day this would be the job for you. The pay is 12.50hr in my area. I like the people I worked with, just a small amount of drama. However that's everywhere you work. Management was laid back. Company is going through some changes, so one day you're told to do something and the next you're not allowed. Organization is a big part of your job. Your work hours range from 8:45- 5:15 or 9:45- 6:15 sometimes 11:45- 8:15, Monday through Friday. So if you have a doctor's appointment or something that needs to be took care of weekdays your screwed. However they will let you make up time loss on a Saturday. they'll work with you, but you'll get told to take care of it non-business day. Over all great people to work with in my area.
Pros
12.50 hr pay, weekly pay.
Cons
Setting all day.
I loved the job at first
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 9, 2019
I trained at one store and it was honestly the best atmosphere. She was very kind and informative when teaching me the ropes; she was kind and flexible when making the schedule and just a wonderful person to be around. Then I switched stores and I wanted to quit my first week there. The second manager was mean, judgmental and had a very nasty demeanor. The other employees were kind and made it tolerable. She was offensive to the employees and the customers. We had a customer that wasn’t the best smelling and she sprayed air freshener while they were still in the store. There was a day I caught myself mirroring a nasty demeanor and I decided it was time to move on, I’m kind and didn’t feel comfortable working in such a negative environment. There are definitely some good perks, and I’m sure I would still be there if I was able to work at a different location.
Pros
Great pay, and incentives
Cons
Management, long work shifts
Very productive and calm workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2019
A typical work day consist of going over contracts, making calls and inspecting vehicles. I learned and memorized contracts for better understanding and to make it easy for me to explain it to each customer i interact with. It was nothing hard about my position at Loan Max. Nothing i couldn't learn. The best thing that i enjoyed at Loan Max was helping people in need and understanding their situations. Building relationships with the customers i interacted with.
Pros
Holiday decoration competitions/
Was a fun place to work in the beginning
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 22, 2019
Loved my job until new office manager came in she was very immature and would nitpick at every little thing got so bad we could take customers payment if the tried to make half a payment
Pros
Got a day off during the week
Cons
To much drama with new manager
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 21, 2019
Great company to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is maintaining busy and meeting new people. Definitely can be a hard task at times with the duties.
Overall great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 12, 2019
I love this company! By far the best company to be affiliated with.
The organization is phenomenal, I enjoy coming to work on a daily.
I do wish the hours of operation were a little friendlier to parents that may have kids in school.
9a - 5p would be preferable, but the trade off is a well balance.
Pros
Management is very understanding
Cons
Hours Of Operation
Greedy company
CSR Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Niles, OH 44446March 12, 2019
While at LoanMax I was often left alone to manage a store by myself even though I was not the only employee at my location nor was I a manager. The manager left frequently to tend to her children like pick them up from school etc. The rates kept going up for our customers but we were not allowed to inform them of these changes and had to promote it as if it were a good thing when really we were ripping people off and making it impossible for anyone to payoff or get out of our loans/contracts.I Left the company because I couldn't lie and keep ripping people off any longer. There was no room for advancement or moving up.
Pros
could leave while on the clock to get lunch
Cons
Always alone.
Fun place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 7, 2019
When I worked there it was a good job. I was good at the job and was easy to learn. I think they were still in the beginning stage of the business and when things changed it was hard to adapt
LoanStar Title Loans
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMarch 6, 2019
There is no advancement opportunity at this job. Management does the bare minimum and hides in the back most of the day. The most you can make is $300 a week and there is a definite glass ceiling.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
It's barely $300 a week
Very nice place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 24, 2019
I enjoyed working with the company. I unfortunately was not able to stay working the hours due to family issues. I would highly recommend this company to other people.
Best job ever
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSFebruary 13, 2019
A typical day at work starts with a cup of coffee. Then turning on open sign, unlocking the door then answering phones and taking payments and creating new loans throughout the day. Maybe running to the store for some items needed around the store and a little bit of paper filing.. Then do closing duties and go home.

The schedule is really flexible you can choose when you take lunches etc. The schedule is also rotating so if you work half a day Saturday you get to pick whatever day during the week you get as a day off.

The management team and corporate office really try hard to work with individuals to make it the best atmosphere and work place available. There is no hard part for this job.

As long as you don't become a super lazy person sitting on your phone all day and you actually try to assert yourself in doing the little bit of paperwork that is minimally required for the job you will work out perfect!!

also you get your own desk. which, who doesn't want their own desk?
Pros
really flexible schedule
Cons
there are no cons.
Only work here if you really need a job and can't find anything else
csr (Current Employee) –  Hudson, WIFebruary 7, 2019
Only work here if you really need a job and can't find anything else.

my car went into a ditch during a snow storm called hr and bosses nobody worked with me said i will get let go if i don't make it in 30 mins. my life> work everytime :)
Pros
work with all girls ...pay is okay 16.00- 18.00
Cons
no pto no sick day no up in $$ (bad company)
It was like a boot camp
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVFebruary 6, 2019
Working here was literally like a boot camp they just wanted you to look at a screen alll day make calls and do nothing else ever. They had cameras which was totally invasive of private convos with co workers. They knew when you would goto the restroom totally weird.They had people watch the cameras of the other locations as well.
loan star title loans
Manager (Current Employee) –  Big Spring, TXJanuary 30, 2019
It's a great place to work for you learn how to cut invoices, computer skills, manage and review the files and keep everything organized. the cons is that you only get a 30 min break and you don't have time to do anything. What makes this job hard is the people that work around you.
Cons
only 30 min breaks
Boring
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 18, 2019
Super boring all you do is collection calls all day. Depends on the location do a few loans. No advancement and gossiping management. Did I say BORING
Pros
Hours
Cons
Healthcare, Collection calls, Boring
Overall Great!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 12, 2019
I enjoyed the work pace that we had, there was always something to do. Everyday we came to work and set up for the main workday which was varied each day with different customer reactions. I enjoyed speaking with some customers but I did receive calls from customers who were in an altered state. It was a complete learning experience and I would go through it again if I had to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loan Max Title Loans. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight