LoanCare Employee Reviews

Worse career move
Investor Accountant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 30, 2019
Don’t apply if you like freedom. Co-workers are rude. Supervisors promote negative environment. Pay sucks. Benefits ok. VP is very disrespectful. HR is nice
Horrible Management
Accounts Receivable Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 3, 2019
This company has such a high turnover rate in all of the departments. There is no room for growth and they don't pay you good. In my department there is micromanaging and it makes the work environment very uncomfortable.
Great Place to Work
Process Improvement Analyst & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 13, 2018
Great leadership team. Ability to work from home in certain job capacities. Stable employment with competitive pay for each position. Plenty of extra perks.
poor
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 4, 2018
Very bad company to work for they lie they send you a schedule make you accept and then there after you get out of a training they say hr made a mistake your supposed to work an entirely different schedule
Pros
Great intentions
Cons
Management bad
Bad company
Home Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2018
Overall Loan care is not a place to work for growth and equal treatment the leadership and HR is like a gang here.We are constantly having problems with the website, statements, taxes, and, insurance which make the job more stressful. You will always have a angry customer on the line about several issues and also we are underpaid and over work for pennies.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
underpaid and over works
Productive and fun workplace
Foreclosure Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23452August 29, 2018
After leaving a stressful job, LoanCare gave me peace. Coworkers are great. My manager, Kimly, is awesome. Very flexible when emergencies come up. Overtime available.
Pros
Flexibility, occasional free meals
Cons
Not many benefits for part time
It's a job
Foreclosure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2018
Need a job, apply. Want a career, keep looking

Hardest part of the job- Being force to take on co workers job functions when they slack.
Most enjoyable part of the job- location
Pros
location
Cons
favoritism and lack of management
N/a
Loss Mitigation Specialist / Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 17, 2018
This is a start up and has it's growing pains and other issues. But as experienced people are hired and able to apply their talents they should be smooth sailing.
Better Places to Work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 24, 2018
I feel that this company lacks professionalism, organization, and communication. A lot of processes need to be updated. The turnover rate is high here for these reasons. People are underappreciated and get burnt out easily due to the load and responsibility that is placed on everyone.
You'll wanna stay
Data Integrity/MERS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 22, 2018
I've been at LoanCare for a little over a year now and I have never once gotten out of bed and said "I hate my job and I don't want to go back." I come into work at 8am and I enjoy the people I am around and the family like vibe of the team I am on. I take 2 fifteen minute breaks and a lunch, and am not bound to any particular schedule. Just go when you feel ready.

I came into LoanCare with ZERO mortgage experience. I came from a background of retail/grocery stores and Moes. When you start, you have a 2-4 week paid training period in a classroom setting (length of time depends on department). The instructors are wonderful and people that I still find myself on smoke breaks with. I have learned a lot, and I feel have mastered what I do daily.

We are the corporate office of LoanCare. We have HR, the President and SVP's and such on site all day long, and with that our dress code is currently pretty laxed, Jeans and tennis shoes are permitted daily and everyone is pretty laid back and kind. Where you are in the building and who your direct supervisor is really depends on what you can get away with when you push the boundaries a little. Upper management is uppity and walks around with their noses in the air but that's nothing more than typical corporate politics and you will find that anywhere you go. Most supervisors aren't 'micromanagers' and you don't really have to deal with anyone higher up than them.

Employee Engagement is a BIG thing at LoanCare. They work hard to make us feel valued, and accepted. There are often games, and raffles and holiday luncheons and free
  more... lunches provided to us, company outings have occurred and there is almost always something to look forward to. LoanCare is 100% the most caring company I have ever worked for.

The hardest part of my job is that if you let yourself fall behind, its difficult to catch up.

The most enjoyable part of my job is just being a part of something that's bigger than what I'm doing. It may seem boring - sitting at a computer all day working in excel and updating systems and emailing back and forth with clients, but when you step back and look at the big picture - it's really cool to know that what you're doing is improving someone's quality of life and helping them feel secure in their homes.
Pros
Employee Engagement
Cons
The price of living doesn't match entry level pay
Team in the Bankruptcy Department
Bankruptcy Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 21, 2018
Bankruptcy team was a wonderful department everyone willing to assist each other. LoanCare gave you the opportunity to learn various jobs with limited supervision.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short staff
i wouldn't recommend this company
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2018
to many chiefs and not enough Indians this place is horrible, i use to work at loan-care and i left and i thank God i did. i would never refer anyone to this company.!
Positive Culture but workload can be unreasonable at times.
Escrow Tax Specialist/ Mortgage Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 28, 2018
Positive Culture but workload can be unreasonable at times. They provided good benefits and fun activities, but on the downside their growth is so fast that they did not have the staff to handle it.
Management in the dark
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 26, 2018
VP and SVP along with the President of the company does not know what is going on. The workplace culture is sweatshop comparable. Management doesn't know what the employees do. Unappreciated and asked to work extended hours.
Pros
At least not unemployed
Cons
Unable to speak with management
Eh
Document control clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 21, 2018
The actual job is ok. It was mostly independent work. My problem with the company is that it is very unorganized. No one seemed to know what they were doing. You can ask two people a question and get two very different answers. The managers have their own clique, and if you're not a part of it, you aren't treated fairly. They gave me a hard time over my disability and my FMLA and seemed to be quick to try and catch me on a mistake then when I'm having a work difficulty, they will take their time. I would not recommend if you have common sense.
Pros
Food trucks, a lot of free events
Account Rep II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Good company fast pace relaxed pay wasn’t great but overtime was good work hours and location was great felixable with time needed for family emergency
Hated This Comany
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Hated Working for this company they do not advance you to the proper positions nor do they use veterans for a higher position they hire from the outside
room for advancement
Litigation Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 12, 2017
There is room for advancement if you are interested and work hard. There has been a lot of turnover in management during my tenure. overall a good place to work. Health care benefits and 401k matching could be better
Workplace culture is stressful
Document Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 4, 2017
A typical work day is a 10 hour day. Very stressful work environment due to the lack of good supportive management. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a positive attitude.
Good Culture to work in
Customer Service Performance Coach (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 1, 2017
Company offers opportunities for growth and keeps a friendly family environment.

Typical Day begins with assisting New Hires and tenured associates, helping them find solutions to the customers' challenges.

What I have learned is this; no matter who our reps speak with, they too are customers to someone else; treat our customers with the same respect they feel they should receive as well.

The most enjoyable part of the day; when reps receive the AHA moment from being coached!
Pros
Great location