LoanCare Employee Reviews in Virginia Beach, VA

Worse career move
Investor Accountant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 30, 2019
Don’t apply if you like freedom. Co-workers are rude. Supervisors promote negative environment. Pay sucks. Benefits ok. VP is very disrespectful. HR is nice
Horrible Management
Accounts Receivable Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 3, 2019
This company has such a high turnover rate in all of the departments. There is no room for growth and they don't pay you good. In my department there is micromanaging and it makes the work environment very uncomfortable.
Great Place to Work
Process Improvement Analyst & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 13, 2018
Great leadership team. Ability to work from home in certain job capacities. Stable employment with competitive pay for each position. Plenty of extra perks.
Productive and fun workplace
Foreclosure Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23452August 29, 2018
After leaving a stressful job, LoanCare gave me peace. Coworkers are great. My manager, Kimly, is awesome. Very flexible when emergencies come up. Overtime available.
Pros
Flexibility, occasional free meals
Cons
Not many benefits for part time
Better Places to Work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 24, 2018
I feel that this company lacks professionalism, organization, and communication. A lot of processes need to be updated. The turnover rate is high here for these reasons. People are underappreciated and get burnt out easily due to the load and responsibility that is placed on everyone.
You'll wanna stay
Data Integrity/MERS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 22, 2018
I've been at LoanCare for a little over a year now and I have never once gotten out of bed and said "I hate my job and I don't want to go back." I come into work at 8am and I enjoy the people I am around and the family like vibe of the team I am on. I take 2 fifteen minute breaks and a lunch, and am not bound to any particular schedule. Just go when you feel ready.

I came into LoanCare with ZERO mortgage experience. I came from a background of retail/grocery stores and Moes. When you start, you have a 2-4 week paid training period in a classroom setting (length of time depends on department). The instructors are wonderful and people that I still find myself on smoke breaks with. I have learned a lot, and I feel have mastered what I do daily.

We are the corporate office of LoanCare. We have HR, the President and SVP's and such on site all day long, and with that our dress code is currently pretty laxed, Jeans and tennis shoes are permitted daily and everyone is pretty laid back and kind. Where you are in the building and who your direct supervisor is really depends on what you can get away with when you push the boundaries a little. Upper management is uppity and walks around with their noses in the air but that's nothing more than typical corporate politics and you will find that anywhere you go. Most supervisors aren't 'micromanagers' and you don't really have to deal with anyone higher up than them.

Employee Engagement is a BIG thing at LoanCare. They work hard to make us feel valued, and accepted. There are often games, and raffles and holiday luncheons and free
  more... lunches provided to us, company outings have occurred and there is almost always something to look forward to. LoanCare is 100% the most caring company I have ever worked for.

The hardest part of my job is that if you let yourself fall behind, its difficult to catch up.

The most enjoyable part of my job is just being a part of something that's bigger than what I'm doing. It may seem boring - sitting at a computer all day working in excel and updating systems and emailing back and forth with clients, but when you step back and look at the big picture - it's really cool to know that what you're doing is improving someone's quality of life and helping them feel secure in their homes.
Pros
Employee Engagement
Cons
The price of living doesn't match entry level pay
Team in the Bankruptcy Department
Bankruptcy Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 21, 2018
Bankruptcy team was a wonderful department everyone willing to assist each other. LoanCare gave you the opportunity to learn various jobs with limited supervision.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short staff
Positive Culture but workload can be unreasonable at times.
Escrow Tax Specialist/ Mortgage Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 28, 2018
Positive Culture but workload can be unreasonable at times. They provided good benefits and fun activities, but on the downside their growth is so fast that they did not have the staff to handle it.
Management in the dark
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 26, 2018
VP and SVP along with the President of the company does not know what is going on. The workplace culture is sweatshop comparable. Management doesn't know what the employees do. Unappreciated and asked to work extended hours.
Pros
At least not unemployed
Cons
Unable to speak with management
Eh
Document control clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 21, 2018
The actual job is ok. It was mostly independent work. My problem with the company is that it is very unorganized. No one seemed to know what they were doing. You can ask two people a question and get two very different answers. The managers have their own clique, and if you're not a part of it, you aren't treated fairly. They gave me a hard time over my disability and my FMLA and seemed to be quick to try and catch me on a mistake then when I'm having a work difficulty, they will take their time. I would not recommend if you have common sense.
Pros
Food trucks, a lot of free events
room for advancement
Litigation Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 12, 2017
There is room for advancement if you are interested and work hard. There has been a lot of turnover in management during my tenure. overall a good place to work. Health care benefits and 401k matching could be better
Workplace culture is stressful
Document Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 4, 2017
A typical work day is a 10 hour day. Very stressful work environment due to the lack of good supportive management. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a positive attitude.
Lack of Training
Internal Mortgage Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 26, 2017
The overall company needs structure. The new CEO seems to be attempting to make changes, however with the lack of overall training for tenured and new associates-I;m unsure if it's too late. The associates and upper management (tenured) have someone is out for my job mentality. This makes for a difficult work environment
Pros
Pay
Overworked/Underpaid
Loan Transfer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 12, 2017
Pay is little compared to the duties and responsibilities one is assigned. LoanCare wants to have a business environment, but pays like a casual workplace. Expectations are high with little room to advance. Management is unapproachable in some areas and they do not seem to be concerned with a work life/personal life balance.
Stepping Stone
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 24, 2017
Decent place to get a little bit of experience didn't see much room for growth.

Typically can get work done quickly and then have to worry about waiting for others to do their job.
Pros
Food trucks, self management
Cons
Compensation, promises of growth
Management isnt great. Objectives are unclear
Payment Processing Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 9, 2017
I was a specialist and train was incomplete and management kept changing their mind about how they wanted posted as well as reporting done. Not the best job but if you are there and need a paycheck it helps.
Pros
different lunch venders daily
Cons
healthcare cost and poor management
Consumer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 15, 2017
Great job I only felt that there customer service process can be worked on and better communication from other departments and better pay for experience.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Lack of direction
Good place to work as a stepping stone to your career
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 9, 2017
Some of the best folks to work with. People are super friendly. Job is fast paced and rewarding, you feel like you are making a difference daily. Some of the negatives however is the company is behind in its technology for the field. Company feels like it is cheap/penny pinching. Compensation is low. There is no room for salary negotiation.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Low pay, benefits are not that great
Management has plenty of room to improve.
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 22, 2017
The Company is Great! But the mid-layer management need to listen.

Company is growing strong. Typical day is busy. No idle time.

Workplace culture need to change but must be shown by managers first. Good Model Good People.

Screaming Boss is never a good example to workplace.
This is a racist company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 8, 2017
I very excited to work here. Base pay was 13.07 an then you get money bonuses based on your metrics,which were very easy to achieve for me. Then I kept getting weird push-back and my managers not recommending me for employment in other departments even though I hit my metrics every month. Everyone else around me went to a different department and I was still stuck in my position. Loancare did not want me to grow. Loancare management sucks! I ended up going to the EEOC because of the many egregious acts that were being done against me. They targeted me as a person to take their aggression out on because I was quiet and minded my business.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Eveything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LoanCare. Our community is ready to answer.

LoanCare Reviews by Location