loanDepot Employee Reviews

My review
Team Lead Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Exciting place to work at. Like any other, it has its ups and downs. Being in IT, I had the opportunity to to go know a lot of folks. I would say most are good to support and work with.

I had limited expose to other technologies compare to other places that I worked at. Being in tech support, I've worked at places where I could assist the server team with builds, projects etc. At this place that was not possible and the only things I learned were because I reached out to other teams.

In my role, I had a lot of meetings compare to other companies that I worked at. Yes, it was time consuming, however, I was a good learning experience for some meetings and this helped our team to get along, quickly resolve issues and figure out how best to improve our support process.
Games to play to relief stress and friends to banter with.
Senior Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 6, 2019
Given the fact I was there over 2 years I knew I was getting into a call center, fast paced environment which I thrived on. We had disciplined call blocks from upper management and specific hours to review and respond to e-mails from borrowers. The thing I liked the most is the communication between the management, co-workers, processors, underwriters and closers. There was a strong comrade. They built a strong culture, with quality employees, good pay structure but the most difficult part became when the center became too fast paced. I am a firm believer in quality loans over quantity to avoid mistakes and by misguiding borrowers. Once the money was pouring in the quantity of leads superseded the quality of loan applications and became to fast paced.
Pros
Great comrade and rapport with ALL employees.
Cons
Short Breaks, not enough time to review loan documents.
Stressful, depressing
Customer Lending Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAFebruary 1, 2019
This job almost wrecked my relationship. I was so stressed out at their constantly changing goals it took a toll on my personal life. It’s a depressing place to work. It’s just rows and rows and rows of computers and headsets. You are encouraged to lie and are expected to argue with people over the phone for 9 hours a day. Yes, 9. It is required. Plus AT LEAST one Saturday a month. Usually they became mandatory. Your every move is tracked. Come in to work sick? Need to use the bathroom more often than usual? Expect to get an email from management that the time tracker has you away from your desk for more than 10 minutes a day.
You had to work alot of hours
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJanuary 24, 2019
A typical day at loan depot was getting to the office around 6 AM, going to the break room to get coffee because you needed it. You were to answer phones non-stop, some of the leads were just pushed by the call center so they get bonus.
Pros
Free Starbucks
Cons
No work/life balance
excellent company
Sr. Account Manager II (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJanuary 20, 2019
Staff and management are always so helpful, quick to resolve issues and very knowledgeable and friendly. Even at the end of the month when everyone is under pressure to close loans management is always available to assist in getting the loans to the finish line. Everyone is always on the same pace and are under the same urgency as you.
Pros
a team atmosphere/ great culture
Cons
certain managers are micro-managers
At your own risk
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJanuary 16, 2019
The overall company vision is awesome, however management is terrible. They yell at you, play favorites and heaven forbid you go on vacation because your pipeline as a processor is supposed to be reassigned but that is not the case. once you come back you have aged loans with expiring locks then guess what ..you are written up as a final warning. The whole you are in is so deep that it is impossible to manage 50-60 loans let alone that they are aged. You are being set up to fail. No mercy was my experience. Even though I did really well my last month there I had to resign due to the aged loans they would have let me go.
There is no work life balance, I had to come in n Saturdays and don't get me wrong I am an excellent processor and worker but here it is all about the numbers. They do not care about you at all. OH and do NOT get on the bad side of anyone or you will be fired even if you are not on their team. Its like high school all over again.
Pros
Lunches and ice-cream
Great Money/ Barley Anytime Off
Senior Account Manager II (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJanuary 15, 2019
The money is great with Bonus's in the loan processing department.

If you have a life outside of work, this job is not for you.

A lot of time spent at the office spent
Pros
Great Bonus Money
Cons
Barley anytime off
Rude Customers, Great co-workers
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 14, 2019
A typical work day would start around 8AM-5PM. You had to work 8 hours minimum and they did not like if you went overtime even if your pipeline justified it. You are constantly on the phone and answering emails. Majority of the customers were rude and entitled or told incorrect information by the sales team and you would have to make the correction. In most cases this would lead to customer escalations or being yelled at on the phone. You have to be a self starter, motivated, have amazing attention to detail and quick on your feet. Everything in this company is time oriented. The quicker you are the better off you are. You also have to have every thick skin and not let people talking down to you bother you. Management is all very supportive. The atmosphere is team oriented however, you have to hit your personal goals first.
Sr. Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 8, 2019
All departments work as a team. We work closely with borrowers and underwriting to process, approve and close their loan. We keep contact will all borrowers every 3 days.
garbage company
Sales/Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJanuary 8, 2019
garvage people. they overwork you constantly.

theres really no positives to working here, they will grind you until your soul is theirs.

hold this L loandepot.
Pros
Cons
sweatshop
Very stressful place!
Senior Project Manager (Project Management Office) (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Very stressful long hours of work. No coherent direction, plans changes so often people would have to constantly jump from one thing to another. Management are detached from employees.
Nice on the outside
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 5, 2019
Something is wrong with the decision makers of this company. They are laying off experienced mortgage professionals and replacing them with lower paid entry level new hires.

They purport to “be all about” work life balance but if you are in IT this concept is as mythical as a unicorn. I will not be shocked at all to learn the company is having financial issues.

Too many meetings!
Cons
Healthcare option is terrible, No remote work allowed but claims to be a Fintech “leader”, Uses Citrix software (very old tech)
Not the best personal experience.
Lending loan officer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 3, 2019
Just from the training course I was turned off by the company. Just within the first week I ran into issues with sexist slurs and inappropriate comments and behavior from other employees. Nothing was handled professionally. They also gave used headsets which caused an infection in my ear. I was disappointed with the bait and switch about the hours when I was hired compared to when I started. 8-5 versus 730-730 was something that should have been mentioned.
Clr
CLR (Former Employee) –  LakeforestDecember 31, 2018
Great Career Opportunity, you have to put the work to get what you want. It is a great start for me to develop in my sales skills. I highly recommend it for people who are just beginning their career journey.
Its ok
SR. WHOLESALE/CORRESPONDENT (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CADecember 29, 2018
Loan Depot Wholesale is Ok, but could be really good. They lack loan products and not compeititve in the market to attract more clients. Need Non-QM programs
Pros
Has a branded name
Cons
branded name is tarnished
It's Ok
Senior Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 27, 2018
Loan Depot is not a place that one should write home about; it's a place to make a paycheck until you can do better-period. Favoritism is very rampid. Talent is often overlooked.
Dont know where to start
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORDecember 17, 2018
Imortgage was the original company that was bought by loan depot. imortgage was great. LD was not.. local management was not professional and continues not to be.
Great pay, horrible management
UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 13, 2018
Pay was great, higher than other companies. Management was horrible, my manager in particular was awful and belittling. The company from the CEO down leads with threats. Management did not know the products nor would they help with questions. It's sink or swim there.
Pros
Pay
Cons
workplace with flaxible work hours
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 12, 2018
My duties consisted of, but not limited to answering phones, fax and scanned documents, greeted customers as they came into the office, assisted the branch manager with staff meetings, copied
documents for clients, constructed loan files, tracked data needed to be in compliance with HMDA. Processed mortgage loans
Fast paced and fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 6, 2018
I've been at loanDepot about 1.5 years and very appreciative of the opportunities they have given me. As someone who's been in the corporate word for many years, I find the culture a great fit for me. It's not always a walk in the park here, but I find that management appreciates the hard work efforts.
Benefits
Cons
I can't think of any at this time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at loanDepot. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at loanDepot.

Powered by Comparably