loanDepot

3.4Pay & Benefits

loanDepot insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun and progressive place to work

Featured review

loanDepot selected this as a representative review
Fun and creative group of leaders. Company is very progressive and motivational. I have the ability to work remote, and get my job doen wherever I am.

November 26, 2019
We appreciate the feedback and are pleased that you are happy with your experience. Please email us at wecare@loandepot.com if you ever have concerns.

Fantastic Place to Work

I just celebrated my 4 year anniversary with loanDepot and it is one of the best places I have worked. I would definitely recommend loanDepot to friends and family

Pros

Management Team is great and very supportive, There is room for advancement, Open communication between all departments, Training and available resources are unlike any company I have ever worked for, Information at your fingertips, Flexibility to be able to work remotely.

Cons

Some system issues, however, they are usually resolved in a timely manner

May 11, 2021
Thank you for taking the time so share your experience with loanDepot. We appreciate your review!

Busy Busy but worth it

Due to the time of Covid, everything was pretty crazy busy.... but the people... employees and managers all worked through it all and pushed together. No micro management, no feeling worry about your job, just focus on the tasks and if something came up, they understood and worked through it. They value their employees and did right in comparison to some major big banks and competition that I once worked before.

Pros

pay, pto, no micromanagement

Cons

just super busy during covid

May 11, 2021

great workplace with plenty of opportunity

I have worked at loandepot since 2014 and it is a great place to be, there is plenty of room for growth and leadership is willing to work with you on any needs you may have. Working from home has always been a goal of mine and it has been a great opportunity and experience to do so.

Corporate Company with a Personal Touch

-Great support and camaraderie amongst my team and my manager. -Sometimes volume can get overwhelming with changes in teams/staffing causing work/life balance to suffer.-Corporate pay structures not open to negotiation-Ability to work remote

Pros

Camaraderie, innovative, supportive

Cons

Strict corporate compensation structures, no raises at annual reviews

May 11, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we appreciate your feedback! If you would like to discuss this further, please email wecare@loanDepot.com

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Great company

Love the company. Feels like I'm properly supported. Training and working fully remotely can lead to some challenges but LoanDepot does a great job making sure their teams are on the same page.

Pros

Tons of free stuff, great management, plenty of opportunities to move up

May 11, 2021
We are so happy to hear that your experience with loanDepot has been so positive. Thank you for your review!

Great company with a bright future

Great company with great benefits. Remote learning can be tough, but loanDepot really focuses on taking time to ensure you're trained properly for the work you will be doing.

loanDepot ROCKS!

I have been a loanDepot employee for over 8 years and I have seen the company go through a few transformations. Each time you get a sense that bigger things are right around the corner and each time, it was true. Yes, there is going to be a learning curve but if you can roll with it, you'll come out the other side in a better situation and we did. This company has done a great job at hiring great managers who are very helpful and knowledgeable. I don't find myself getting micro-managed every second of the day as long as I work hard and do my part. I would recommend working for loanDepot to all my family and friends as I find the culture to be very family-like. To top it all off, we have a CEO who is a go-getter and who keeps the company on the cusp of industry leading technology at all times. It's exciting and fresh and fun to be a part of such a great company.

Pros

Family atmosphere, remote work, management staff is great, excellent compensation if you work hard

Cons

Training could be a bit more intensive, learn as you go type of training

May 11, 2021

Decent workplace, good environment, mediocre pay

Management with the Information security team was PHENOMENAL! Every team member got along with one another and there was true leadership and direction.Work life balance was decent. Within my specific team, there were no issues getting vacation days approved and not too many long hours.Only negative here is that the pay rate for a lot of what you are doing is pretty mediocre, probably even just under the industry standard. The benefits aren't anything to rave about either.

May 11, 2021
We appreciate this valuable feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Innovative Company with Great Advancement Potential

Loandepot is an excellent company. Systems are designed to help and not hinder progress. The culture of this company is by far the best of any of my previous employers. Everyone wants you to succeed and provide feedback and tools for you to do so.

Pros

100% Remote. Great Leadership Excellent Compensation

Great Environment

I have worked for Loan Depot coming up on 2 years this July. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be making the money I have over the last few years. LoanDepot has the best training and leadership I have ever experienced with any company. Leadership truly cares about your success and give you all the tools needed to succeed in this industry to your full potential. LoanDepot is the largest growing lender in the US and I am amazed with the advancements they are constantly making with technology, training, leadership, rates and pricing to give us loan officers the competitive advantage over all the other mortgage lenders on the market, which means bigger paychecks for myself and all the other loan officers in the company. The future is extremely bright for loanDepot and I look forward to seeing our future success. I highly recommend LoanDepot to all my friends and past co workers that are looking to make a lot of money and work for a great company.

Pros

Pay

Very repetitive

A little competitive since you’re ranked amongst your peers. Very repetitive which I personally can’t stand. The call center position I think is lonely and draining.

Pros

Hour lunch and 2 15min breaks

Cons

They say no cold calling but I would consider it cold calling

May 11, 2021
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time with loanDepot. If you would like to talk with us at all about your experience, or share more feedback, please email us at wecare@loandepot.com.

Great Company Culture!

Loandepot does a great job of making you feel like you are part of the team in this wonderful organization. From day one you are informed of the company's structure and direction. The training team and resources provided are second to none.

Pros

Teamwork, training, support

Cons

Na

April 14, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience during your time with loanDepot. We appreciate the review!

Not good

Not here you should probably go somewhere else unless your new good place to start but not to finish....................................................

April 14, 2021
We appreciate the feedback regarding your time as a member of Team loanDepot. We will share this review with our management team. If you would like to discuss this further, please email us at wecare@loanDepot.com.

files are bad and never changes - sales rules not guidelines

super stressful, no work life balance, hardest part of job are bad files - little to no documentation, no responsibility by sales - no matter how many new mgrs transferred in to region - files are still sub par - never changes- no one listens to ops.

Pros

good bonuses

Cons

bad files

March 23, 2021
We appreciate this feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your review. We will share this with review with our management team, but if you would like, at any time, to discuss your experiences further, please do not hesitate to email us at wecare@loandepot.com.

Great Company to get started

Great place to get your start in the industry. If you can make it at LD you can make it anywhere. High Paced micro managed sweatshop environment. Make your money you wont have time to enjoy it. .

March 18, 2021
Thank you for sharing this review. If at any time you would like to talk with someone further about your experience, please email us at wecare@loandepot.com.

Only two bathrooms for staff

loanDepot is a great place to work if you want to make friends and progress your life into a career. Plenty of good people and room to grow for life. You don't have to be good at sales, or HR, or anything. They will teach you with paid training. You will be helped every step of your career and they will even help you with what areas your good at to ensure you get where you need to be.

Pros

Free lunches and paid time off !

Cons

Whats a con?

March 23, 2021
Thank you for sharing your review, we appreciate the feedback and we will share this with our management team.

Great Opportunity

Nine months in after working for a big bank, and my only regret is that I didn't come here sooner. There's such a huge difference between working for a commercial bank with an uncertain appetite for mortgage production and a company that is completely focused on mortgage lending. My experience here has been five stars out of five, across the board. And I look forward to a long and successful career with LD.

Pros

Great processing, solid leads

Cons

limited opportunity to network with colleagues (mostly covid-related)

March 16, 2021

Great company to work for.

Great company and great culture. Hard work here definitely pays off. They prefer to hire from within. So getting a promotion is not difficult and is attainable. You can learn and earn a lot here when you put your mind to it.

March 8, 2021
We are delighted to hear that your experience with loanDepot has been so positive. Thank you for your review!

Terrible Company.

The only thing I looked forward to at this job every day was fliting with the girls, management is clueless, every month you get an entirely different schedule, if you get a 5:00 AM start or 7:00 PM stop say good bye to having any resemblance of a social life!

February 25, 2021
While we appreciate the sincere feedback, we are sorry to learn that your time with us did not meet your expectations. If at any time you would like to talk with someone further about your time with us, please do not hesitate to email us at wecare@loandepot.com.

Poor management, high turnover, awful hours

If you need a job that requires no skill and just need money to get by this job is for you. If you have goals in life of a career this is not the place to be. No room for advancement and it’s actually very unlikely you’ll even get hired. They keep you in temp to hire positions for years with many people at this company so they don’t need to give you benefits. Do yourself a favor and look for something better.

February 25, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share this review, we appreciate receiving your feedback. We will share your review with our management team. If at any time you would like to talk with someone about your time with us, please do not hesitate to email us at wecare@loandepot.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at loanDepot. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare loanDepot with

• loanDepot
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?