LOANMAX Title Loans Employee Reviews

dont work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSMay 10, 2018
terrible company, terrible management. policies are constantly changed and they never tell you, then they yell at you when you dont know these changes. the vice presidents and corporate literally just watch you on a camera all day
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Poor management
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 8, 2018
The income was fine for an entry level position. However the upper management was awful. Very high turnover rate, I had a new area manager every few months.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Horrible upper management
Run
Office Manager/ Csr (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 26, 2018
I worked here four years, out of 4 years I had one raise, one advance to store manager. They are so unorganized, nobody knows what’s really going on. The pay was trash, I left the company and went to a bigger Company and was paid 20.00 dollars an hour, and I was doing the same stuff I did at loanmax. I was only getting paid 13.50 for a store manager! Smh And please don’t get sick or have to miss a day, they want you to find somebody to cover your shift. And if don’t find nobody, you will have to come in and work while u have a broken leg and a couple of ribs broken. Stay away from them , the little money they is definitely not worth it
Pros
Weekly pay
Wow
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 7, 2018
Don’t be charmed cause they offer ppl to start at $12.50 , company over all its decent but too many snakes in the grass oh might I mention loyalty is reckless keep yo distance cause this is just a job it’s not a career . They sit and watch your every move so if your not prepared to be on tv from 930-6:06pm this job isn’t for u
Pros
Meeting new ppl
Cons
Private eye from the sky
Busy, high paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 6, 2018
Loan max was a pretty good job. I enjoyed the fast pace because it made the day go fast. The manager who trained me and the three other girls that came in around the same time was fired because she trained us wrong but other than that they did bring in someone new to train and after that it went smoothly, Sometimes you deal with angry customers, which is a given in customer service, A lot of cold calling and collections are involved and you do usually end up staying longer than your expected.
Pros
Face Pace, meeting new people
Cons
training and systems
My work experience at LoanMax
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Exmore, VAMarch 5, 2018
A typical day at LoanMax was quite and some what boring. Calling Customers for reminder of payments and late payments getting cursed out threatened was very stressful. The better part of the job was when customers came in to make a payment or to receive a title loan, that's when the place lite up.My manger was great I loved her. She was a great teacher and taught me a lot. The hardest part of the job was rude threatening customers. The enjoyable part was my manager.
Pros
My husband got to sit in with me made me feel safe
Cons
No real security
Positive experience!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 23, 2018
I have worked for LoanMax for just under 2 years. I started as a customer service rep but was promoted to manager. It's pretty simple...process loans, answer any questions a customer may have about their loan, take payments in person and over the phone, collection calls on past due accounts.

Overall:
- Great benefits (health, life, dental, vision, PTO, paid vacation)
- Great pay
- Great opportunity for a career

I love my job!
Pros
Small Team, Benefits, Pay
Cons
Collection Calls
its ok
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 16, 2018
Its an okay company to work for. I have been there for almost 2 years, and I have seen people come and go. Management is as expected but manageable. I might be there for a little while
Easy
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 14, 2018
It is a very relaxed job. I am thankful to have the opportunity to work here. Advancement is a definite possibity in the near future. I would highly recommend this job
Happy with my position at LoanMax
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 9, 2018
I worked with LoanMax for nearly 1 year and it was a good job. A typical day consists of helping customers with getting a loan, taking payments, and making collection calls. We were always pretty busy, so the days went by fast. Management is pretty laid back as long as you do your job. I like the hours and rotating schedule. Angry customers can be a little difficult to deal with, but the nice ones make up for it.

Want to know more about LOANMAX Title Loans?

Ask a question
My experience has been pretty good so far
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 15, 2017
I started working at LoanMax in March of this year. I've had a great experience honestly. My manager is really nice, the other CSR's have been very helpful if I ever need anything. Sometimes it can be tough working with aggressive customers but I have worked in retail for so many years, that I'm just used to different kinds of customer service. So I don't let it get to me. They are in a time of need, so sometimes you have to put yourself in their shoes and remember that they aren't mad at you, they may be frustrated with their own personal situation.

Looking in a positive light, you get to help customers in desperate times of need where they need to pay a bill, or for a car, or help out a loved one. Grateful customers make it all worth it! I'm still looking forward to growing with this company, we have a great team dynamic at my store.
Pros
Hours, work/life balance, pay, holiday bonuses, and my team!
Cons
Aggressive customers at times
Good Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 25, 2017
This job is for a person that likes working in a fast pace stressful environment. upper management is great. coworkers are great to be around and easy to get along with. You can advance with in the company pretty quickly depending on how hard you work.
Pros
good benifits, advancment, great coworker
Cons
can be stressful
No potential to grow and the management is horrible!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, VA 24541October 13, 2017
I worked for LoanMax for years and so much slide by with a lot of the employees. It's all about who you know and whose behind you kiss. No matter what they tell you, you will probably be a CSR forever and you might get a tiny raise in the beginning of your time there....but that is all you will ever see. The rules change constantly and a lot of the time management wont even tell you when they do change, but you WILL be in trouble when they find out you don't know. They threaten you constantly about the cameras they have rolling that apparently aren't for their employees protection, but to spy on them! Yet managements favorite employees won't get in trouble for hardly anything. I've learned a lot with this company, but parts of management are EXTREMELY unprofessional. The big dogs don't even see it....and if/when you leave the company you might as well not show up for work because you will be told not to come back if you put in a notice. :)
Cons
No pay increase, poor management
Working for Loanmax was enjoyable and challenging
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2017
Working for Loanmax was challenging an enjoyable at the same time. I loved working with the employees there and customers. Everyday was a challenging and productive day.
Just don't do it! Save yourself the hassle of working for this company!
Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 21, 2017
This is a terrible company. The area manger is a gossip queen and the Vice President of the area slept her way to the top. You won't make it 6 months. You spend your day calling late customers up to 3 times a day and cold calling customers to get them to come back and do another loan. All of the Richmond stores have been robbed at least twice. There is no job security what so ever and be prepared to have someone watch you on camera 24/7 like a pervert
Pros
Off on Sundays
Cons
Everything else
No pay raises, manager sits on phone all day or leaves to go shopping, csr's are responsible for doing all the work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 8, 2017
Even when working by yourself, the doors have to be unlocked after closing even when it's dark outside while you're counting money- doors u unlocked before opening, you can do deposit several times because people walk in after you close and you have to take care of them and redo everything - which is a safety issue, big bs company
Cons
Rules only apply to some employees
Good pay, bad company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 14, 2017
Poor training. Paid very well. Busy work schedule. Expected to reopen after already closing down if a customer approaches. Expected to wait on multiple customers at a time.
Horrible management
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 1, 2017
Very hostile work place. Rude management. They don't work with you in days off. Will write you up for calling off for a family emergency. You spend 8 hrs a day getting screamed at by people you can't help because everything is set in place.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks, horrible management
Do not work here
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAMarch 30, 2017
Yes its full time, yes its good pay.. How ever management is terrible and there is no importance in your personal life whatsoever to them. Selfish company. No importance in the employees. No promotions. No understanding needs. You have to be a robot to actually enjoy this job.
never work here
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 27, 2017
This company is the worst company I ever worked for. This company is a slow paced and never have customers in the store and time dragging job.

The job includes for the day calling customers letting them know when there payment is owed for there title loan and leaving a voicemail or answering the phone or cleaning the store or helping the rare customer that comes in to process a title loan or make a cash payment.

I reccomend never working for this company they do not understand human life and needing time and is all about the clicks within the company with there people have been with them for years.
Pros
lunches and breaks you took whenever
Cons
horrible company