Loc Performance Employee Reviews

Stay away
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 31, 2019
This place does not care about their employees. You will be a trained monkey working 12 hour days in a smoldering factory where they dont even provide fans and you will be treated like garbage.
No thanks
Redacted (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 26, 2019
We were told that we would not receive pay raises because the company lost money that it had already planned to lose by one of the owners, management is all over the place and will always push a production agenda.
Poor,poor,poor management.
Manger (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 3, 2019
Poor management afternoon supervisor is a womanizer verbal and mentally abusive to employees. Day you get hired all employees will tell you he has a job for life and if he dont like you then your on your way out. He a bully cursing at employees,has rules for his friends and rules for everyone else. While he smoking in plant he will tell you no smoking. All of his bosses are afraid of hhim due to owenr freind.
They pay well but they do not know how to run the welding shop yet
Welder/fabricator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 3, 2019
The company has poor management skill An the supervisors don’t really care about anyone all they care about is meeting their quota an that you don’t try to show them up. Management also doesn’t want to listen to any of the welders for ideas on how to improve even tho the welders are doing all the work. But on the good note pay is pretty decent benefits aren’t bad an you’ll definitely get overtime at some point in time
Nepotism and safety issues run rampant.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 29, 2019
I was in a salary role as a manager. I read the reviews before I took a position. After working there a very short time I realized that even the most basic review is correct. Nepotism runs rampant and safety is not important let alone quality.
Pros
None.
Cons
Government inspections not being done, safety is not important, nepotism, plant management is out of control.
Human resources is a joke
Genral Laborer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Township, MIJune 14, 2019
Was here for three months, worked as a general laborer no training. Was let go day after memorial day and wasn't aware I was being let go. ineffective communication. especially on the part of human resources. loc should stand for lack of communication.
Pros
Paid time off. Weekly paycheck
Cons
Mgmt
It had Good Pay and Good People
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 13, 2019
I enjoyed my time there but as i stated I had no chance of career advancement in my field. I recommend it if you want a hard working job in a factory environment.
Dishonest and cheap
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 7, 2019
Do not believe the 5 star reviews. They were all written by senior management personnel. I have never worked for a more dishonest and cheap company. They told me I would get raises at 90 days & 6 months.
I worked there for 7 months & never received any raise. It was all lies.
I learned one thing at Loc. The dollar is more important than my safety. Worn out equipment is patched together & strung along, rather than replaced. Even if that reduces safety. All around the plant you can see it.
Doors that don't work anymore-why fix it? when you can just walk around.
The only exception is the machines that make them money.
The only good thing I can say about Loc ,is the great people that work there.
I had some great coworkers & even some good managers, But alas, the good managers are outnumbered 3 to 1 by bad ones.
Run away from this place as fast as you can.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
everything else
Terrible
Cnc operator/Machinist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 30, 2019
Loc in lansing is one of the worst factory jobs I've ever had. Supervisors know less then their employees but make more. No raises in the almost year i was there for anybody. Expected to do more than your paycheck shows
Pros
Good people
Cons
Everything else
terrible
CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 11, 2019
i could state many reasons why its a terrihle place to work for but in a nutshell it just sucks. If your looking for job security and a non strenuous job do not go here
Terrible place to work management sucks
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMay 10, 2019
Wouldn’t recommend this as a good place to work they pick on you give a bunch of broken promises management is not good at all they don’t care about their employees
Cons
Terrible place to work. Supervisors and managers lie.
General (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 23, 2019
Terrible place to work. All lies. They do not take care of their employees. They make everything sound good to get you in the door and then none of those things are available. Please read all other reviews and you’ll see everyone feels the same way.
Disorganized chaos
Labor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 9, 2019
Avoid at all costs. No training offered, they will use and abuse you once you start volunteering for overtime, management completely out of touch with reality. Went thru 4 supervisors in a year in departments and a plant manager. Upper level management will say anything to get people in the door, no raises whatsoever, mediocre benefits. Do not recommend
Nice clean shop
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 8, 2019
Work a lot of hours management did take time and educate me about job i had no experience manage was very strick with policy had a 10 point system those 12 hour days do get rough
Loc is Growing leaps and bounds!
HR (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI, Plymouth, MiApril 5, 2019
As fast as the company is growing we are still FAMILY!

Exciting things happening @ Loc...

New benefits plans include a: BCBS PPO (Medical, RX and Vision) and Delta Dental if you chose those options. We also have other options for our employees as their families all have different needs.

Quarterly Town Halls
This is a time to communicate: State of the Business, Safety, Quality or an other topics that need to be addressed.

New incentives programs...

New Micro Markets
Adding fresh new cafeteria areas... fresh good food for all employees.

Pay is reviewed frequently to ensure Loc is competitive in the Market...

Holidays -You even get your Birthday off!!

Loc is a great company, our employees are proud because they create products that keep our Military SAFE...

Due to the aggressive growth - we need great people to join our organization!!

You will be a part of an extended of family!
Pros
Great opportunity for a Career
Great place to work for advancement opportunities
Quality (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIApril 2, 2019
This is a stable company with steady business opportunities.
The leadership team recognizes and rewards employee contributions.
There are many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Casual environment, good camaraderie
Cons
Nothing major
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 29, 2019
Great place to work with great benefits and great pay. Some of the stuff we do here is amazing and the capabilities are endless. This is definitely a growing company with a lot of potential.
Pros
great place, great people
Cons
none as of yet
Do not work here.!
CNC LATHE MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMarch 18, 2019
Management is horrible.! When I say management, I’m talking about starting with HR down to the shift supervisors.!! They will fire people at the drop of a dime. I’ve seen people lied on and set up to get fired. The only reason pay is good is because of all the over time worked. But you have to work your life away to make good money just to still feel unappreciated. The supervisors talk to you any kind of way and is very rude.! The coworkers are very good people though. Copays for healthcare is high. They don’t accept doctors notes so if you miss a day and have a note from your doctor, it’s still a point. Points are only excused at supervisors discretion. HR leave all those decisions to the supervisors which is not fair. Raises are based on who the supervisor likes. If you go to HR about anything, everyone will know about it. Nothing is confidential. Just stay away and take your chances else where.
No job security
CNC Mill Operator/ Quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMarch 1, 2019
No job security/ advancements , they fire everyone the whole plant is near empty the boses will scream at you they drive around and just mess with you then the next day it ... blah there just bad first company I take no pride in working for them
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours, terrible bosses no seriously
This place is terrible
Lathe Operator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIFebruary 20, 2019
First thing is first, go look elsewhere, this place lies to you right when you go to your interview, promises of raises, advancement, and that they will work with you. Nothing but lies to try and get you to believe that they are somewhere great to work... 12 hour shifts 5-7 days a week, 8 hr shifts are mandatory two times a month on Saturdays, they have management literally watching your every move and they will also lie to get you in trouble to make themselves look big to management. You could come in with experience and they don’t care, even after your 90 days with promise of a raise that never comes. They say they offer training which never happens.. When I started here I was told I was doing way more then they asked and said it was great to hear, then when I asked for a raise they said I was inelligable... Over a year I did set ups with no raise... I have 7 years experience and it meant nothing. This company will use you and that is why many people leave.
Pros
Co-workers are great people
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loc Performance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6