Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Found 6,359 reviews matching the search See all 6,713 reviews
Productive workplace
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MS 39301February 17, 2019
Riveted and drilled up skins for the elevators. Skins and assembly were drilled then rivets were shot onto the skins the complete the construction of the elevators.
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
Very little chance at career advancement
Enjoyable work surrounded by brilliant people
CWEP Intern (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 16, 2019
A typical day at work is a combination of critical thinking, problem solving (really only suggestions), and database maintenance. Every program has a place where things are stored and you must maintain your own little area you are put in charge of. Usually people won't have to see your specific stuff but navigating people through the many mazes of folders to your specific folder is not conducive to solving actual design questions.
Pros
Great pay, easy school/work schedule, inside the Lockheed 'System'
Cons
Some events, parking, almost too much going on, some power outages
Excellent company
Project Coordinator/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 15, 2019
I could have improved faster, but this company is the epitome of excellence. I had to leave to evolve to my fullest potential though. Definitely the company for hard chargers and aspirations. Great diversity . Great projects and programs to manage. Technologically excellent.
Pros
Variance of stakeholders, cutting edge technology, flagship
Cons
Had to leave to become a purple unicorn
It's Too Bad That It Was Only a Contract Position
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 15, 2019
I loved working for Lockheed Martin! I had a cubicle with my name on it. I had plenty of desk space. They had cabinets in the cubicle where I could put books and reference items.

All in all I just wish that Lockheed Martin would have been willing to bring me on as one of their employees.
Pros
Very Professional Company
Cons
Contract Work
Lots of opportunity for personal and professional growth
Employee Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 15, 2019
Paid conferences and travel, paid training. Team atmosphere, management cared about me personally and professionally. I was teamed with a mentor who coached me well.
Good place to work, but a little stodgy
Contractor-Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Good place to work, but like most big companies they can be a stickler for rules and regs--for instance, my work was held up for days because a 20$ part was stuck in the shipping department! Other than that, they are good professionals and nice people to work with.
Fun Place
Systems Engineer Senior (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 15, 2019
This company was great to work for. They were very conscious of the needs of their employees. They offered training and a relaxed place to work. Employees were given awards yearly and provided with little gifts.
Excellent
Security Forces Protection (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 14, 2019
Lockheed-Martin provided comfort and provision for myself and family. Afforded me opportunities for advancement and educational goals. Provided ample outlets of social networking.
Pros
Salary & Benefits
Cons
Work/Life balance
Great Large Company
PROCUREMENT/MATERIAL PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Panhandle, FLFebruary 14, 2019
Loved the things that we supported. I just wish management was better. Working remotely from management was a challenge. Many times management had no idea what our job entailed. No upward or downward communication from management.
Contact management was a little spread too thin, actual scope of work developed as we went along. Thought overall ideas were to new for the base.
B2B Workforce Temp. Agency (Former Employee) –  Robins AFB, GAFebruary 13, 2019
Working with three different programs, I saw a wider picture of WRAF / civil service relationships. Having a clear picture of the C-17 issues and understanding the urgent needs within the Kit Process, I was able to make progress. Within the C-130 Retro Wing Kit, only accomplished a good inventory of Lockheed Martin's kits. Finding very few discrepancy's or exceptions. Loved working with our small team, a group of men and women on limited duty. I was so proud of their work every day, knowing their disabilities. F-15 Panel group was a strange scope of work, since most of the requistitions were over a year old and difficult to open or close. Seems like to many of these planes were being scrapped. But a great group of folks and we shared a common goal each day.
Great pay and job security during Contract Period.
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southwest AsiaFebruary 13, 2019
I worked on the same program for 8+ years, until the Customer decided the Contract had to go to a Minority, Female, Small Business, NONE of which was Lockheed, so it came to an end.
Pros
Pay and Bonus were great.
Cons
Long hours and could not always go home during downsizing.
Slow career growth opportunities and unresponsive middle management
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kings Bay, GAFebruary 12, 2019
The biggest reason why I chose to leave Lockheed Martin was simple: the career trajectory moves slower than mud froze over. Maybe it's just the location where I worked, but opportunities to rise are nonexistent and other opportunities for promotion or recognition (tied to merit or compensation) are also extremely minimal. Benefits were continuously decreasing in quality and increasing in cost, and they got even worse shortly after I left. It's a great company to "build your resume" early but not one that will ultimately yield a rewarding career path of learning, development, and compensation. Also, their salaries are just not competitive with the market anymore, and the year that I left the average raise (merit and standard were combined at the time) was 1.8%.

I will say that the folks that work at that specific location include a lot of former Navy (and you work directly with Navy a lot too), and they're a great group of people. The best thing about that location was the people.
Professional environment, too many older workers
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 12, 2019
Twenty years ago there seemed to be a good path toward advancement. In the last few years, there hasn't been much growth opportunity. Many people retire and their positions aren't replaced. IT jobs are being added overseas, but not much in Marietta.

You have to pay for our own coffee, so don't get excited about office perks. Working from home is an option. Managers seem clueless, or just worry about pleasing their boss; not actually being productive.

Flextime is great, where you work 9 hours M-Th, then have every other Friday off.
Pros
every other friday off, work from home occasionally
Cons
boring work, stodgy office, everyone seems "ready to retire".
Horrible Working Enviroment
Material Handler A (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 11, 2019
There is some good management but there you are just a number. Lot of resources to use but make sure your covered, they don't care about a work and home life balance.
difficult situation
Site Manager, Principle Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 11, 2019
The position I was hired for, was hastily arrainged, with no fore-thought. The contractual obligations I operated under were incredibly vague and I had no guidance or support from Team headquarters
Very good place to work.
Fuel Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Lockheed 1986 - 1994(layoff)
• Fuel Systems Specialist -Assembled and installed all plumbing, electrical, and mechanical fuel systems on the F-16.
• Ran system checks on all fuel and electrical systems on the F-16.
• Team member on Quality Assurance, Safety, MRB and Audit teams.
• Secret Clearance
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 10, 2019
Set your own hours, good team interaction, interesting work. Management flexible to accommodate life around work. Good pay and benefits package. Minimal meetings (depending on job title).
Pros
Great atmosphere and benefits
Great Company
Internship - Cloud/Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2019
They give you everything you need to succeed. They dont hold your hand or look over your shoulder every minute. The full-time employees want to see you succeed!
Don't bother
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2019
Low pay. Benefits are nothing special. No chance for advancement, regardless of experience. Lockheed is just hiring people to fill their numbers. Management has no control over the production floor.
Lm mfc
Project Engineering Manager- Sniper/LANTIRN/IRST (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2019
Ok place to work. Typical day is working at a desk updating spreadsheets and presenting data. Learned about project and contract management. The job was not hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K
42.4K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lockheed Martin.

Powered by Comparably