Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Found 7,130 reviews matching the search See all 7,524 reviews
Featured review
Lockheed Martin selected this as a representative review
Excellent place to work/ Good work life balance
Software/Systems Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2018
Excellent place to work. They have a thing called 9/80 flex which allows you to work your 80 hours over 9 days and get every other Friday off. They are also very accommodating to your schedule and let you count eating lunch at your desk as working time. great place to work.
Nice steady place to work
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2019
My jobs have varied from fun research Projects to less fun production programs. We have way to many processes which can reduce innovation. We get every other Friday off which is great.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Too many processes
Toxic Culture
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2019
There are a few smart people in the Orlando, FL, campus that give a good name to this company. The culture, however, is 100% TOXIC and cut throat, which explains why no one smiles. They produce weapons that kill our enemies, while their culture kills the thinking and human spirit. Unless you are part of the upper echelons, you DON'T matter; their pay is also below average. Reverse discrimination is WIDELY practiced, but people are afraid to speak up.
Pros
Every other Friday off, although your 40 hours must be met
Cons
Toxic, toxic culture at all levels.
Fun place to work... Team work is very important and have open conversation
Fun place to work... Team work is very important and have open conversation with managers.

Life work balance is good.

We ahve the opportunity to work from home wich is very important for most employees
Mission Focus Company
Systems Engineer Staff (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 17, 2019
Lockheed Martin is a mission focus company that does an outstanding job of taking care of it's employees. The benefits from time off and 401k match are some of the best in the defense industry.
Good place to work!
Subcontract Administrator Staff (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 17, 2019
Lockheed Martin was a good place to work that offered competitive salaries, advancement opportunities and work life balance. They focused on ethics and diversity.
Very good
Sheet Metal A&P Mechanic/Contract work (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 17, 2019
Very good place to work I was treated great and welcomed in as a contractor. I would go back to work for this company anytime. They treat their employees as family.
Amazing company
Structural Design High School Intern (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 17, 2019
Treated me well, taught me many things for the future, overall a great experience. Can’t wait to work for them in the future. Hopefully able to see what the next step in my career is soon, but hopefully will be with Lockheed Martin.
LM was a very good company that I worked with, constant training was held to make employees more valuable;e to the company .
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  APO, AE, 09355, USOctober 17, 2019
Lockheed Martin was a very oriented company to people especially HR Department. Won't hesitate to work with hem again if offered a job position. There were a lot of opprtiunities available top their employee, may it be for health, education or even pleasure like vacation perks and discounts.
Lockheed Martin always push the employees to excel and try different things with their skills. Job opportunities was in abundance with the different program that they have worldwide. My time with Lockheed was very rewarding, a lot of places (international) I have been, seen and experienced. Our accomoidatiion was always excellent any where we went or traveled.
9/80 work schedule was nice
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 17, 2019
Usually did not need to take work home with me, in fact, working from home is highly discouraged. However, having every other Friday off was a great benefit.
Very Demanding Environment
System Software Quality Engineer Senior (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2019
Always fighting fires on a daily basis. I'm very busy and it's impossible to satisfy everyone. I do work through one manager, but report to another manager.
Love the culture
PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Centreville, VAOctober 16, 2019
Very large organization with plenty of room for growth. Positive atmosphere with mentor ship programs to help you succeed. Would love to work as a direct employee, but find it hard to get in.
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
hard to get in
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2019
The benefits are amazing
The teamwork, collaboration and opportunities for stretch assignments are there. Lots of room for advancement. I've enjoyed working here and am probably a lifer. Lots of flexibility, work from home often, travel as much as I want with reason.
Pros
Flexibility, career advancement
Cons
Parking, lol! Strict policy but for reason
So much potential
PROGRAM MANAGER/SUPERVISOR/TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 15, 2019
There is a lot of potential at Lockheed Martin but it is very hard to move up. They will train you and give tuition reimbursement but you it is very hard to utilize the knowledge and build a career there.
Interesting work, no support, on your own.
Quality works for manufacturing. I was expected to rubber stamp issues to keep production going. When there was not a procedure, I, instead of a production planner, was expected to prepare the document. Not a problem if that is what I had been trained to do.
It's what you make of it.
Quality Engineer Sr (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2019
Depend on how you take actions and items that come your way while working for the company, will depend on your experience. Not every place is going to be exactly what you want, but depending on how you react to things will depend on your experience with the company and people in it.
Good company
C-130 Aircraft Structures Mechanic Sr (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 14, 2019
Great place to get a start in the industry. The pay isn’t the best starting out but the security and benefits from the company are great. It doesn’t take long to make great money.
Great place with great pay
Avionics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMOctober 12, 2019
Lockheed Martin was a great place to work for, benefits were good and the work environment was great. However there were no opportunities for advancement without relocating so another opportunity presented itself in the same town had to take it.
Depends on the program and business unit
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAOctober 12, 2019
There are several great benefits that the company offers to all employees, including company match for the 401k, discounts to different vendors, and tuition reimbursement. Unfortunately it seems Lockheed Martin is more focused on contracts that perform development work, not so much for the operations and maintenance (O&M) contracts. We rarely receive funding for training, so developing required skills for newly delivered systems is typically done on your own time and money. The company also focuses on management career paths, either business or technical management.
Pros
Discount programs and other benefits are good
Cons
Not enough resources (personnel, training, and tools) to maintain a good work/life balance.
Emphasis on Zero Defects
Software Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 12, 2019
Attention to definition of requirements and design were paramount. Followed by meeting deadlines in a time crunch environment.
Attention to Software configuration management was always prime focus by upper management.
Productive and fun work environment
Stock Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAOctober 11, 2019
On a typical day you would come in during the morning and have a meeting with your team. Make a priority list of tasks that need to be completed that day and work together to get everything complete.
Pros
Free coffee and mochas along with M&Ms.
Cons
People that weren't performing enough were cut too much slack.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K
42.6K
31.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lockheed Martin.

Powered by Comparably