Lockheed Martin

Found 8,283 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,744 reviews

Lockheed Martin insights

Based on 1,599 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose

Excellent place to work/ Good work life balance

Featured review

Lockheed Martin selected this as a representative review
Excellent place to work. They have a thing called 9/80 flex which allows you to work your 80 hours over 9 days and get every other Friday off. They are also very accommodating to your schedule and let you count eating lunch at your desk as working time. great place to work.

Outstanding Company

Just being a contractor at Lockheed is not where you want to be . Being part of Lock Heed is wonderful but contractor companies take advantage of skilled and dedicated employees with not much similarity to schedules and benefits during your time as a temp to hire contractor . Perdium promises not held too after starting .

Pros

Great people and opportunity

Cons

Misleading descriptions and support from some contractors

Sense of purpose

Not a bad job to have. Benefits are decent. 4/10 schedule is the best part. Seems like you are punished if you are a good worker because it is almost impossible to advance to a higher position.

Pros

schedule, OT available

Cons

rather hire externally than within, just another number, no room for advancement an assembler position

no room for advancement

low pay no roomm to move up if you've worked there even for ten years. would rather hire someone justnout of college with no work experience thsn advance someone who has the same degree but worked there

Great Job with respect, if you are salary. The opposite if you are hourly.

Lockheed preaches an "all inclusive" mentality as well as being "culturally optimized", but that only pertains to those who have a salary position. Hourly employees are constantly berated and talked to as if they are lucky to even have a job. There are multiple engineers, PC and management personnel who have no idea what they are doing and act as though the degree they have gives them some sense of entitlement of owed respect, even without showing an once of knowledge in the field. This is becoming more and more common as they only hire people with a degree and no experience. Even with a fantastic rapport with managers/engineers/fellow workers, trade school certifications, very hard work ethic, and 15 years plus experience in the field, you will be denied any promotion within due to lack of a degree.Lockheed blames it on the union, but the blame is most definitely on them and their dinosaur, closed minded, step on your fellow man to get to the top promotion style mentality. There was a time where managers knew and understood the trade and work environment, but THOSE DAYS ARE GONE. They used to be hired to manage product and respect employees, now they are hired to manage people... There are some really hard workers here and some who just coast through everyday. Work ethic doesn't matter because performance raises also do not exist. Everyone is paid the same. Benefits are good, pay is ok, work life balance is trash but Overtime is plentiful.

Pros

Decent pay/benefits

Cons

Horrendous management and production control departments, No promotion/advancement for hourly workers.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Global yet local products

I was amazed how far reaching and how complex our products and suppliers where…People were great to work with, mostly. Too much control for diversity. They were running sacred all the time about us keeping our opinions to ourselves.

Pros

Good environment for critical skills development

Cons

Medical Benefits kept shrinking

Great place to work.

I worked there years ago but the culture was very supportive. I like the collaborative environment and the care for the person not just as a worker but as a mom or dad or caretaker. They cared about work life balance.

Not a lot of room for advancement. Benefits were great overall. Steady hours made for good work-life balance. Company functions like amusement parks. Would recommend.

Overly bureaucratic, poor training and talent development

Over three years here I repeatedly requested training that would enhance my value to the team, only to be routinely denied by my manager. I was basically told to go to night school, which isn't an option as a father working full time. Upper management wasn't supportive either. IT practices are extremely dated and they are unwilling to learn new methods of doing things. The process for building or updating any systems is unbelievably bureaucratic. Simple tasks that should require a couple days are drawn out over weeks pending multiple people's approval, requiring you to juggle a dozen tasks at any given time rather than just get the job done after briefing your manager and security. Remote managers routinely ignored workers at other facilities, and were stingy on bonuses for them. I loved the coworkers on my team and the job was fine overall, but Lockheed's methods of doing business need a serious overhaul. They're hemmoraging money on unnecessary overhead time lost.

Pros

Pay, leave, benefits, 401k matching

Cons

Bureaucratic, poor talent development, bad management, poor training

Strong sense of purpose in supporting national defense

I'm an LM lifer with a pension benefit. I have been working from home since March 2020 so work environment is ideal and so is commute. Great benefits and usually only 40 hours a week in 4 day work week.

Pros

Working from home; 401K match at 10% of salary if you max out

Cons

Learning is mostly OJT

Discriminatory and bad for mental health

They only excercise control over you, and they constantly are taking away benefits that you had previously. I would not recommend, you will be treated like you mean nothing.

Benefits

Cons

Treated like a slave

Challenging and often high pressure.

Overall a good company to work for. The lower level management is often under qualified and make many bad decisions and can make for an unpleasant work experience .

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Despite what they say advancements for lower level employees is not really supported.

Good career with work/life balance

I worked here for 5 years and only left because my family and I had to relocate. I miss this company. The work/life balance is good and I was promoted twice in the 2 years that I worked there. The only negative thing I have to say about it is the offices I worked in felt somewhat like high school in terms of it being a cliquey environment. I would definitely go back to this company if given a remote opportunity.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

Clique environment

Great way to step into the defense industry.

Being someone that does not come from a military background or family, I was afraid I wouldn't understand a lot of the terminology or industry. However, LMCO does a great job of hiring only the best people and ensure that their employees have a work-life balance and ensure there isn't burnout.

Draining and no real sense of Purpose

One of the most uncomfortable positions, I have ever had. They literally toss you into the fire, no introductions to the workplace or how things are done there. You are given a laptop and expected to jump right into work. I literally had to ask other coworkers about the different systems and method of operations. Because the manager had the poorest communications skills, and was rarely available.

Pros

Somewhat flexible schedule

Flexibility

Paid-day every week. Flexible work schedule. Plentiful paid time off. Tuition reimbursement. Diverse workplace culture. Expanded recognition program.

Good People and Place

It was a good place to work. I liked the people and the management and felt I got paid fairly for what I did. The location was pretty isolated and was the main reason for leaving. You are several hours away from any large city.

Truly a company you can make a career out of

Company is quite large allowing for mobility and career advancement if you are willing to change locations or areas. The quality of managers range however the company does work towards an ethical culture which perhaps is excessive in forward leaning at times. You can truly make a career out of working at LM within a wide range of fields. Some areas are more prone to promotions while others are slower however you can drive you own career due to the size of the company.

Pros

Benefit portfolio

Cons

Excessive focus on formal performance management system with rating allotments.

Easiest job I ever had

Once you learn how to do things and do them correctly it’s really an easy job. The only issue is the pay. It’s honestly just not enough. Team is environment.

Great culture and purpose

Good company with good employees. Teamwork and collaboration is encouraged, most of the people I encounter are good people. The work life balance is amazing, and there are a lot of good perks like a flex schedule, a lot of PTO, and discounts. The 401k for most employees is so much better than most companies.

Pros

401k, Pto, flex schedule

Cons

Compensation is hit or miss

Decent place to work with great benefit

High stress level at all time, metrics metrics metricsToo many meetings take away your time to actually work on real workIt is hard to get help from senior employees. They will not do the job unless it is assigned to them. You are in the team but you feel like you are independent, learn and get through yourself. Benefits are great, 10% 401K is something unheard of in any other companies. 160 hours PTO a year, 40 hours are given to you on each first day of the calendar year. 1.5 weeks shut down by the end of the year. Pay check every Fridays. Overtime paid after 5 hours overage, even if you are an exempt employee. 4/10 A,B, 9/80 or regular work schedule available.

Pros

Flexible work schedule, strong benefits

Cons

Constant schedule pressure, performance metrics, Lack of peer support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5K
3K
1.5K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight