Lockheed Martin
74Above average

Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Found 18 reviews matching the search with 2 related reviews.
I learned that your coworkers are essential to a happy work experience. Typical day included 4 am starts with 8 hours of pilot interaction and guidance for them. Management provided a unique experience as this was a union based contract. This provided as well, a unique workplace culture with the interaction between the union and management. The hardest part of the job was the schedule being changed and being seniority based. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with pilots throughout the east coast.
Pay was low for location I was located in and management was terrible consistently micromanaged never a dull moment. I’m no longer with Lockheed as we were sold off to another company.
A typical day at work you interact with all aspects of the National Airspace System. I learned how to work in a unionized work environment, and also how to lead a team of specialized employees. The management, and workplace culture was fantastic. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was helping pilots each day.
Management team not inductive to productive life. Always worrying about if job will be there. Mediocre benefits and pay not above the mean income for the area.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
The culture was about helping each other and reaching the best outcome for work objectives. Work was contingent on contracts from the government which stressed people out since the government constantly threatened cutting funding.
National Support Center is 24 hour working environment, busy but we always find ways to get the job done. I involves multi tasking, something that I have become accustomed to. Now I can handle job involving multi tasking
Not too much to say about working here. Mnagament is out of control. Cutting the workforce. anti-union environment and retaliation.
Pros
working night shift
Cons
short breaks, micro-management
Great workplace with a huge amount of supportive colleagues. The work is constantly changing and evolving making for a great workplace.
The company is overall a great company. The team I have worked with has been very helpful in developing my overall skills. I have been provided with training for various security tools and have developed overall as a great security professional.
It is shift work, for the most part there is no job growth, managers are fair, some co-workers should have retired years ago. The hardest part is getting up at 4:45 every morning to go to work
Government contract with great pay, however, based on company the medical benefits are on par with fast food workers instead of high end salaried employees in my contract. Job security was not there possible termination of contract yearly. Biggest issue was over managing. Too many managers with specialist leaving to where everyone was being micro managed and new requirements coming out with out any guidelines or goals to where nothing made sense.
As a cyber security intern, Lockheed Martin was a great place to receive security experience. All of the employers were very friendly and helpful in teaching me the skills I needed for the job.
Great Culture and Benefits Contract Culture - no long term guarantees. Great Management and perks.
Pros
Great Management and perks.
Cons
Contract Culture - no long term guarantees. Compensation vs cost of living in the area is laughable.
Bad environment. Management threw me in the fire with out any kind of training. They would not work with scheduling.
Pros
2nd job and good money
Cons
bad environment and co-workers
Being an ambassador between Quality Assurance for Lockheed and the FAA Contract Oversights.
Lockheed Martin has many contracts and the contract I worked on (FS2100) FAA contract was very poorly planned and managed. They were cutting corners and laying off people left and right because of poor management and foresight.
The company is okay generally speaking, however, the Management is top heavy. There is not a sense of consistency with there ERP system across the company.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
no communication with staff.
Good company to work for, very busy and stressful at times, however lacking a bit in structure and organization in my experience. There seems to be a different ERP system for every location which in tern makes it difficult it is not all uniform. Great people.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not to organized.