Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

42.2K
31K
Found 5,775 reviews matching the search See all 6,068 reviews
Senior Curriculum Developer (Former Employee) –  TeleworkAugust 16, 2018
I worked a telework position for Lockheed Martin. It was a great team with excellent team leaders. On the one occasion I visited the home office, I found a pleasant and professional atmosphere. When there was a government budget shutdown, Lockheed found work for us to perform on a different budget, so we kept working. That type of commitment is appreciated.
Great place to work with great people
Price/Cost Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 16, 2018
Lockheed Martin was a very inviting place to work with great people. I was given a lot of room to make my own decisions. I was given many different tasks to complete in my short twelve week internship and I enjoyed all of them. It was a lot of work but it was fun.
Pros
everything
Cons
Great place to work with pretty laid back environment.
Army Medical Action Plan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 16, 2018
I really enjoyed my tenure at Lockheed Martin. Met some great folks and learned a lot. The hardest part of the job was easy and the most enjoyable part of the job was the comrade and teamwork. Company kept us informed of current events at all times
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 16, 2018
It was a great place to work. The people at Lockheed seemed to be more of a team than anywhere I'd worked before. As far as office jobs go, I've never had one better than Lockheed.
Great Place
Systems Analyst / Tech Programmer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 16, 2018
Worked as a contractor to a government agency. As such my reports were made to government officials 95% of the time. Keeping the client happy is the number one goal there.
The demise of the contractor
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 16, 2018
LM hires numerous contractors for various reasons, but the only reason I've seen is so they can have cheaper labor and fire you at the front gates on your way into work. There's a constant need for overtime because they're unwilling to hire more help. Few contractors get hired on as actual LM employees after their contract is up, despite being constantly assured that there's a position available for everyone that sticks it out.
Pros
Company provided laptop
Cons
Too many to count
Relaxed
Warehouse Logistic Lead (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDAugust 15, 2018
Nice company to work for until they merged with SAIC to become Leidos. Then work environment changed with new policies. Overall Lockheed Martin is a friendly and enthusiast company to work for.
Lockheed is the most Job security career I ever had
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2018
Come in and attend weekly scrum meetings. meetings quite interesting... and daily task were often discussed before we were release back to our desk. I learn a lot from them thus far.
Great pay and benefits
Aircraft Electrician Sikorsky (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 15, 2018
Great place go work. Workplace culture is good. Always had holidays off to spend with family. Opportunities to transfer within the company. Competitive wages.
Solid company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 15, 2018
LM is a great company to work for and put on your resume. The advancement structure is somewhat antiquated and salary increases are not as generous as others.
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Good place to learn, but don't stay there. Move on to a better company.
Requirements Analyst / Software Systems Architect (Former Employee) –  Waterton, COAugust 15, 2018
Lockheed Martin Space Systems works on the most interesting Space related items. However their management methods are very poor. The management structure is very top heavy with 25+ Vice Presidents, some with only 3-5 people under them.
Pros
Fun projects
Cons
Very bad management
Overall a Good Place to Work
Software Engineer Senior (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 14, 2018
A good place to work with some interesting projects. I learned a lot, and was given the opportunity to work independently. Good work/life balance, with a fair amount of flexibility to set your own hours.
workers and management
Heavy Duty / Track Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 14, 2018
I like the people that I worked with and we had management that cared about us. They tried to save our jobs but in the end we still got laid off. They paid a good salary and a safe place to work
Pros
management worked hard for us to keep our job
Cons
They could not stop the comoany from laying us off
high mix low volume production
Manufacturing Expediter Sr (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 14, 2018
Every day is a different day with something new to learn. The hardest part of the job is waking up so early. It is a centralized culture with a top-down hierarchy.
Good term work as a consultant
Senior Mainframe Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2018
Consultants are treated well and placed on assignments with the Federal Government at the Social Security Administration. The work is year-to-year as government contracts are funded one year at a time from October through the following September, so never sure from one year to the next.
Excellent place to work at
Network Administrator/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2018
This was my first Engineering Job (1981) and I was there for 13 years. I was introduced to programming at this place and am forever great full for this company - still programming today.
Pros
Excellent place to work at
Great Creative Team and Support
Project Coordinator - Digital Artist (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 13, 2018
Loved working with this team of artists and technicians to provide content for the products they built for high end clients and government agencies. Would have loved to stay at that company for a longer period of time, but their budget for my department ran out.
Pros
Good Team, Knowledgable support staff
Cons
No Gym, Long Drive to work
Excellent place to work
ELECTRONICS FABRICATOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2018
I greatly enjoyed my employment at LM. The work was enjoyable, the benefits were adequate, the 8-hour days were great when you have children to care for.
Productive team oriented environment.
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2018
The work was rewarding and the staff was great to work with. The management and supervisors were great to work with. Outstanding environment to work for and with.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Contract work, not permanent.
Great Starter, Great Team, Meh Salary and Benefits
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 12, 2018
I actually came back to Lockheed Martin after working for other companies over the course of a few years.

They're a great company to work for in the short term. Their health benefits are kind of sad and getting sadder. They used to offer a range of medical plans, but now only offer high-deductible ones. Their salaries may not impress, especially if you've been there long enough. I'd recommend starting out a career with them or working for them if you're looking for relative stability, but in the long term, your salary opportunities may be greater elsewhere.

Overall, I'd say the culture at the individual team level is one of the best I've worked with on average, with expectations staying mostly reasonable or at least willing to honestly discuss the pros and cons of an approach. As is true with most large companies, important decisions can get a little more separated from reality when they come from higher places in management.
Pros
great team dialog, 401(k) matching with a great stock
Cons
stagnant salaries, unappealing health plans, government customer demands

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

38%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

48%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss