Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Found 5,681 reviews matching the search See all 5,966 reviews
meeting of new faces
Field Engineer/Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 20, 2018
the most enjoyable aspect i had was the meeting of new people as we expanded the number of operating FOB's in my AO, it was nice to encompass such a wide variety of people with vast experience and intriguing personalities to complete missions at hand.
Military background employees
Maintenance Controller/Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJuly 20, 2018
There room for advancement based upon location. Flexible schedules are available depending upon location of site someone works at. The company does invest a lot into management training.
Great company to work for.
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2018
Great company to work for. Lockheed Martin provided many on-the-job trainings that enabled me to develop as a professional engineer. The team that I worked with was professional.
Exciting Place to Work
Engineering Analysis Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 19, 2018
I have great memories of working on the best fighter technology with all the right resources. The IPT structure is implemented well and engineering process adhered. The LM Aero Fort Worth facility is in a good location for family life. The recreation center was nice for team functions and family days.
Pros
High Tech
Cons
Large contracts are prone to defense budget cuts
Over all i like the environment to work with them
Sr. QA Automation Analyst/Tester (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDJuly 19, 2018
Over all i like the environment to work with them and team is very helpfull to learn more things as per knowledge and skills to learn.
work culture is good.
Pros
Very friendly nature
Cons
nothing much to say
Gave me my first start
Windows System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 19, 2018
Lockheed was a great place to work. Some of the people were very enjoyable to be around, very diverse environment. Several opportunities for advancement.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 19, 2018
Typical work day was educational, great learning environment, management was fair, hardest part of the job was working early in the morning 4am to 6am sometimes, most enjoyable was the people, the ability to grow
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Being laidoff
Dead end job
General Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2018
I’m sure this is mainly where I work and not all of Lockheed, but management has issues and is quick to blame and not take responsibility. When I asked about a raise due to my work load/responsibilities doubling I was literally laughed out of the office. High amount of favoritism.
Pros
Steady income
Good company
Plant Service Worker (Former Employee) –  MareittaJuly 19, 2018
Excellent company to work for, and you can easily lose your job there due to constant job cuts. Culture of accountability makes it possible to have mutual respect among workers.
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Lack of job security
generally ok
Sr. Staff Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 18, 2018
Throw you under-the-bus if expedient. How many characters does it take? Benefits were great, but when they needed someone to blame for a corporate mistake, they wasted no time.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Throw you under-the-bus if expedient.
Company culture
OMS Sr. System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FlJuly 18, 2018
Company is fairly informal at the local level and very easy to talk to anyone. The problem is they have the wrong business units owning the wrong positions. The annual review is based on the senior managers committments which alot do not apply to most of the work accomplished by the employees where I work.

The company has worlwide positions which leave alot of options to move around which can be a good thing.
Pros
Co workers are easy going and good to work with. Usually very knowledgable
Cons
Healthcare, management doesn't care about keeping qualified employees
Good Company
Engineering Planner/Program Planner& Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2018
Programs are based on government budgets and what they want to pay for. Research & Development, Production, and aircraft upgrades.

For me know my jobs were based on government funding, it was stressful not knowing if your position would be cut.
Lockheed
Systems Administrator/Data Collection (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne Mountain AFB, COJuly 18, 2018
I had a wonderful time working for Lockheed Martin in Cheyenne Mountain. It was a great opportunity and I cherish every minute I got the opportunity to work there.
Steady work
Parts Cataloger Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 18, 2018
Always have work to do. Benefits changed and now they are essentially bare minimum according to law. Management doesn't mentor employees or provide feedback unless they are salary. Hourly workers are viewed differently than salary.
Pros
9/80 schedule is great
Poor communication
Sr. Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 18, 2018
Disappointed in how they promise to take care of employees, when job was done, no one ask if you are interested in continuing with another job. Again, you had to be in the click.
Pros
good pay
Cons
good old boys club
Overtime and shift bonus pay
ENGINEERING AIDE (Former Employee) –  Littleton,ColoradoJuly 17, 2018
A steady and dependible source of income to raise a family. Some departments need extra people to help with manpower issues. So switching departments is possible on weekends foe additional pay.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
Fun place to work. Very interesting jobs and materials.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for Lockheed Martin. Very good people. If it was closer to home I would of went back. I was there around a year and a half. I received 4 works of severance pay when I was laid off. Still friends with my manager and supervisor.
Pros
Nice break rooms and it made you feel part of our amazimg special forces.
Cons
Healthcare was expensive and not very good.
Fun Coworkers. Easygoing environment
Material Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 17, 2018
My coworkers were very helpful. The workday is a 9 hour shift and you are off every other Friday. This was a high selling point for me. I enjoyed having a three day weekend every other weekend. The Fridays that you do work, are normal eight hour days.
Worked Lockheed as a contractor
Health Information Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 16, 2018
The benefits were great. The most difficult requirement was finding time to stay up to date on the required training. One of the best perks were discounts from several companies.
Pros
healthcare
Very little chance of advancement
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 16, 2018
LM does little in the way of developing company loyalty. This, in combination with an ever-shrinking benefits package, creates low morale. Because of the prominence of the name, salaries are lower than what one might encounter at a smaller firm.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.1K
31K

Diversity score

59out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lockheed Martin.

Powered by Comparably