Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

United States8,563 reviews

Found 8,563 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,038 reviews
martinlmcontractgovernmentdefenseaircraftengineerprogram

Excellent place to work/ Good work life balance

Featured review

Lockheed Martin selected this as a representative review
Excellent place to work. They have a thing called 9/80 flex which allows you to work your 80 hours over 9 days and get every other Friday off. They are also very accommodating to your schedule and let you count eating lunch at your desk as working time. great place to work.

What is the best part of working at the company?Quitting, I been machinist for 15 years never have I quit a job in less than 90 days What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management, work schedule, low pay What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Friendly co workers oblivious management What is a typical day like for you at the company?Boring, agitating, and depressing

Lockheed Martin insights

Based on 2,244 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good company

Overall is a good company to work for but job security isn't what it used to be. Insurance plan needs to be changed. Retirement plan match could also be better.

great work life balance

great place to work!! Remote jobs!! 4x days with Friday's off. Great friends people to work with. 5 weeks of vacation. 12 days of holidays. Please apply now..

I’ve enjoyed my time there - great raises - good managers - the salary was top of the line - you can negotiate the salary - I traveled a lot and the company eas generous about time off

Pros

Great Salary and benefits

Cons

You live and die by the contract - big contracts - great - loss of govt Contract - brutal

Fantastic first class organization!

I have been at Lockheed Martin for going on 3.5 years and it's hands down been the best experience of my professional career. The Talent Acquisitions team leadership is top notch in every way, shape and form. Plenty of additional career opportunities, ongoing career development and regular meetings with your leader make for a very positive environment. Co-workers and other Lockheed employees and leadership are also top notch.

It’s manufacturing and as such of good leadership it’s pretty good, but bad leadership makes it a bad place. I had a bad director, but saw good ones in other departments.

Great pay and environment to retire

I liked working here with the people. My manager helped and gave me chances that were of personal considerations and not just text book jargon when it came to some problems I had at the time. If you are a good stand up individual you can be sure to have a decent day no matter what. I found I was under utilized due to lack of product movement so the day was slow going but who complains about down time I suppose.

Pros

People and pay

Cons

Ethical work force - people work hard and are reliable

I worked for LM for 15 yrs but it’s hard work. Lots of regulations and policies. People perform well and managers can be tough. Especially in the program management chain.

Life in your Hands, Pay is less then McDonald's

Working here is a great feeling, you do your job right and you know you're helping and possibly saving lives. Being a defense contractor for the US government along with builds for private companies most of which a very technical and precise. If you do something wrong you could cause catastrophic chaos and death, and being that you built it, it can come back to you 15 years later, and you could be blamed. The pay does not equal that's stress level and what's expected. You can get a job bagging groceries or stocking shelves for nearly or the same pay rate. It's a fantastic company that does a lot of good, that needs to think more about the people that support it.

Interesting work. Out of date culture.

A typical day consists of putting out random fires all over the place. I learned many things about aircraft systems. Management was all over the place with misaligned directions day to day. Culture is out of date and aging. Hardstand part of the job was staying on one task long enough to complete it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the technology.

Pros

Technology, advanbment.

Cons

Culture and management.

It’s great

I have worked at Lockheed for quite some time now… it is full of opportunities if you look for them. It has a ton of benefits and perks. It’s very inclusive and everyone is generally eager to help, responsive, and respectful.

Good Pay

They have gone politcally correct like all big corporations. Good pay and benefits chance to relocate to other areas if desired. Your just a number. You can Advance if you have the ambition and don't mind sucking up.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Your just a number

Insightful

Typical day (4x10): come in 5a-7:30am, 10-hr mixed-bag of processing defect disposition, designing tools, installing/testing new production equipment, studying producibility w/ design engineering, and updating visual/written/content of manufacturing process plans. Paid OT is practically guaranteed, which seems unusual. Task switching is frequent, ~15mins - 1hr.Learned: time/task management; taking notes/checklists; Lockheed Martin sites significantly vary in standards; you are what you negotiate, not what you are worth; some deemed "critical" production facilities seem outdated by almost decades and over capacity; holding your own against colleagues who only care about their own interests. Workplace Culture: People are easily approachable and willing to help; it is arguably agile despite low awareness of the term. Systemic issues are often deferred because of the financial investment (despite the RoI) or schedule. Also, promotions are scare and/or random; interviewing for your promotion or leaving is the new norm. This hurts business continuity and overhead. Quality of floor operators also often mismatches with support staff expectations. Some leaders acknowledge this. However, these issues may come with the territory that this facility has strategically positioned itself in.

What is the best part of working at the company?Having the chance to use and sharpen my customer service and technical skills.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?It never was stressful What is the work environment and culture like at the company?An open and inviting learning environment What is a typical day like for you at the company?IT help desk support work and Audio visual operations and diagnostics

Good job overall, not for me.

The job is good. The training is ok, the people I work with are great. The employee moral is not the best. Not to mention it feels so isolated when you go into work.

Pros

Great People, Flexibility

Cons

Moral, pay.

Poor management from top to bottom

The work culture at this site is abhorrent at best. Most of the workers are lazy and poorly trained with a set agenda of not taking any responsibility when errors occur. Its a hostile company to work for at every corner. The management is hired entirely through the means of nepotism, not focused hiring the proper candidate for the job. The pay is quite alright, but they will never increase it aside from the yearly hourly increase you would normally obtain through means of inflation (1 USD/year). I do not recommend working for this company unless you are one of the aforementioned lazy/unskilled types trying to work for a company that will leave you in the dust if you don't be quiet and follow their leaders into the abyss. Overall 3/10 experience is my almost 5 years with this company.

What is the best part of working at the company?Great compensation package and flexibility What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Our mission is so critical , you want to excellWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?# 1. Ask Forbes Magazine

Great place to work....pay for licensed tradesmen is way low

Great place to work..I work four tens ( 4 days a week with Fridays off..my commute is short free Gym for employees ( it's the size of a golds gym with loads of free weights, cardio room, bicycle room, rock climbing wall, full showers and locker room. Upper management doesn't communicate with workers. HR department is oblivious to rate for a licensed tradesman

Pros

Free gym, trails on campus

Cons

Food at cafeterias are priced like an airport( over priced stale food ). .

Average Workplace

The job itself is very interesting and rewarding but leadership needs improvement. Leadership works out of state and is not fully aware of issues in the workplace.

Great work-life balance

LM allows me to challenge myself inside and outside of the role. This particular jobs lets me apply my master's degree while also having ample room to do paid overtime if I would like.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Lockheed Martin.
Powered byComparably

Compare Lockheed Martin with

Lockheed Martin reviews by popular job title

• Lockheed Martin