Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

United States8,518 reviews

Found 8,518 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,990 reviews
martinlmcontractgovernmentdefenseaircraftengineerprogram

Excellent place to work/ Good work life balance

Featured review

Lockheed Martin selected this as a representative review
Excellent place to work. They have a thing called 9/80 flex which allows you to work your 80 hours over 9 days and get every other Friday off. They are also very accommodating to your schedule and let you count eating lunch at your desk as working time. great place to work.

Average workplace

Low amount of work. All the technicians are good and willing to help at the drop of a hat. The pay could be a lot better for full time guys. When contractors are making double the money that is a problem.

Lockheed Martin insights

Based on 2,199 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Cool

It was decent to work here. No complaints. Good pay for my area. Nice location with parking. Learned a lot in a short amount of time. However I was thrown into the fire

Good money, boring work

I got hired to be an Avionics Tech, which turned into installing a few boxes and testing coax on jets in final production. Most nights were spent looking busy since there isn't much work to do.

Pros

Good pay, you literally can't be fired

Cons

You literally can't be fire even if you are terrible and a drain on the rest of your crew, boring and management/salary look down on the hourly folks

Good managers are great, bad managers are horrible

If you manage to draw a good manager, then your time will be valued, your work will be rewarding, and you will feel respected as a professional. If you draw a bad manager, then you will be micromanaged, disrespected, and treated as disposable.

Probably the best place I've ever worked at

I began working here after getting out of the military and was still young. I didn't realize it at the time, that this job would be the best I ever had until after leaving Lockheed Martin and working for another employer. The work life balance, the company culture, the ability to develop stronger skills in your career field and not stagnate is unprecedented elsewhere. It's an extremely professional organization that I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of.

Pros

Pay, benefits, work life balance, calm management

Cons

Great people, innovative culture, good pay

I have had a great time as an intern with LM. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to work with this company and its employees. I have felt nothing but support from everyone I have encountered here.

Solid place to work

Decent benefits and great work life balance with 4x10 work week. Poor raises that don't keep with inflation and promotions are slow and will depend on your manager.

Productive and business driven work environment

The job is the job, great pay, great place to work long as you avoid managers. Ultimately best job you could have, in this rising priced economy nowadays.

Would have been grate if people were held accountable

I really liked working at this location and had grate repour with just about everyone but had to quit because of one person. One of the GS personnel actually had a stack of CACs from everyone that quit because of them. HR had many complaints on this person but to my understanding they still work there. HR reached out to me about them but since they were well aware of the issues I didn't waste my time. If you are told that people are quitting because of the same person then obviously they are an issue. The blatant disrespect, condescending attitude and overall laziness of this person was seen by everyone in the building. There were arguments between this person and other employees that could be heard through he walls of their office and there was even one clear cut instance of conflict of interest as one of the approving authorities for us was married to them. This was pointed out as well as instances where the spouse was needlessly making us jump through hoops for documents we were required to be provided but they didn't feel like scanning them over. In the end nothing was done. It's unfortunate when a company has good pay and nice benefits but it's ruined by one person they refuse to hold accountable. I would have kept working here but as soon as I got a better offer I left.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

doesn't hold employees accountable even with HR complaints

Great Pay and Benefits

My only complaint is being on second shift, but it is seniority based with the Union and you have to do your time. Other than that it is a great place to work. Everyone is polite and respectful.

Good life/work balance

They really strive to create a good life/work balance. Allowing flex time opportunities, helps with balancing the busy work load, as well as family life.

Amazing place to work

Great benefits, people, pay, incentives!!! Slight disorganization but that’s everywhere, if you are willing to learn you WILL advance in a short amount of time!

Management is destroying this company

I've been working here for over 10 years. When I started here, things weren't perfect, but manageable. In the past few years, however things have just been getting progressively worse. Before, it seemed like management was indifferent towards their workforce. Today, they are openly hostile towards us. Turnover has gotten much worse. When we do get new hires on the floor, they only stay a few months before finding another job. Now its to the point where many experienced employees are moving on. Management constantly sets us up to fail, then blames us for their failures. It's best to avoid this company unless you are fresh out of school and looking for something to put on your resume.

Fulfilling job

Every day there are new challenges to face and the work environment is great. Management is a little hard to talk to since they are always in meetings, but they are very flexible for work/life situations.

Was a typical aircraft maintenance contractor position

people on the hanger floor were great to work with. Job required a lot of travel. When project was cancelled, company did little to find internal positions

Pros

pay

Plenty of opportunities from coast to coast.

Work life balance is easy to attain. For an aerospace company the access to top technology is pretty amazing. The overall corporate size has both positives and negatives.

Good people management willing to work with employee needs.

Excellent work culture for safety and employee needsEmployer provides all necessary time and tools for trainingGood management, willing to work with employee needsLow stressGreat place to work

Work life balance good

Good place to work. Family friendly. I been here for many years and have enjoyed the lifestyle. Many family members are here and the benefits are great

Really good place to work. Good people and good benefits. The products are diverse and there is definite room for growth and development. Would definitely recommend

Loads of OT

Lots of OT, definitely worth it if you’re not a single parent. The money is great but sometimes you spend more time out there than you want and it feels like a prison.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

46%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

54%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss