Lockheed Martin
Happiness rating is 74 out of 100

Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Found 8,147 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Lockheed Martin selected this as a representative review
Excellent place to work. They have a thing called 9/80 flex which allows you to work your 80 hours over 9 days and get every other Friday off. They are also very accommodating to your schedule and let you count eating lunch at your desk as working time. great place to work.
Overall, the people at LM are very smart and focused on mission success. Our programs work on some really cool, albeit, fairly dated technology. Some managers are focused on employee success and others are clearly over worked and unable to provide meaningful feedback to their staff. LM touts career support in all its interviews, but my experience is vastly different. Even staff who advocate loudly for career development are often pushed aside. And when program contracts start winding down, you may be fortune enough to have a manager who is willing to advocate for you to be placed elsewhere. You may also end up with a manager who says there's not much they can do and we'll know more as your end date approaches in two months.
Pros
Exciting work. Great retirement benefits.
Cons
Inconsistent management quality. Often high turn over in management.
Lockheed Martin has ups and downs that follow the contracts they win, staffing follows and there is always a rush to find a new program to work for when your contract ends. Luckily, or by design, they are good at finding new contracts.
Pros
Lots of resources
Cons
Hard to get promoted
Lockheed Martin (I can only vouch for Omaha/Bellevue NE at Offutt AFB), has a good culture and employs some of the best Software and Systems Engineers I have worked with in my career. Family first with the Mission and Customer coming in a close 2nd and 3rd.
Pros
Flexible Schedule and understanding managers that actually listen and care
Cons
Not much telework is available in 2021, since work requires security clearances and secure networks
Working for Lockheed is great for the mission, but that is it. Management uses scare tactics if you ask for a raise. They lie about future raises. They will under pay you so never take the first offer. They don't give any leave and you basically have to donate 5 hours a week before you can start getting paid for overtime. So if you work 46 hours a week, you will only get paid for 41
Pros
The mission
Cons
Management lies, micromanages
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Was stuck on second shift for years, family life suffered a bit because of it. The on the job training was a bit of a joke. The pay isn't bad for the work we do but still. Employee morale could use a bit of a boost in my opinion.
Pros
Pay, healthcare, benefits
Cons
You will be on second shift for years
It was a great company to work for. The company had drive for the mission accomplishment. The promotions and work ethic that was driven in to us all was satisfying.
Pros
Working on many types of equipment makes a better employee.
Cons
Hiring people that don't know what their doing and expecting us to teach and get our own work done.
Managers need to get a better clue about how things work. Expectations are too high, but work gets completed on schedule. This keeps management happy. There is a lot to learn here.
Pros
Free lunches and donuts do happen!
Cons
Long days are expected.
Receiving substantial raises and moving up positions. They promise you one thing especially on yearly evaluations but don't follow through. Then laid off 100s
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, compensation, and poor management
There is not a lot of technical work but also the job isn't that stressful. If you're looking to move up into project management this is a good company to join.
Management doesn't know how to run a company. All Management are friends so if you have a problem with one you can't go to the next level up . Because if you do you will not get anywhere. And to schedule time off you have to ask supervisor and he'll say you have to schedule two in advance. So it's easier to just call in. And you can't thrust anyone because they will run to HR and tell ( it's like being in grade school ) . I could keep going but I'll leave it at that.
Pros
Not worth it, management sucks
Cons
Don't thrust anyone. Especially management
Overall I'm very happy and grateful for my employment at Lockheed Martin. If you get a job offer from them, it's very worth considering. The compensation is great, the work schedule gives you three-day weekends every weekend, the benefits are quite good, and I think they care about their employees a lot.
Pros
Flex40 work schedule gives you every Friday off, great benefits, competitive pay
Cons
Can be high stress and lots of people constantly wanting your attention.
Had excellent management (in general) cared for the personnel and their well being. Was excellent pay for Floirda and had a great relationship with my department and the folks in the building.
Pros
Great working communitee
Cons
Hard to get promotions
Good place to work that pairs fair and understands the importance of family and time off. Management is great and they help you succeed in any way they can.
Pros
Pay. Flexible time.
Lockheed Martin is a great company at which to work. They constantly look for adapting new technologies and new processes for improved worker conditions, satisfaction, and overall results. As with any large company, you get out what you put into your work. There are many opportunities to advance your career and Lockheed Martin shares its strategies with the workforce to get a common goal for all.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Recognition for outstanding work
Cons
Many talented people can make it harder for you to standout from the crowd
Lockheed is both good and bad. The good part is the work life balance, the cool and interesting projects, and the pretty good job security. The bad is the below market comp (probably about 10 to 20 percent of similar industries or even smaller defense contractors with similar qualifications and half of what FAANG and Fintech companies pay), meh healthcare, and few opportunities for advancement (unless you're BFFs with some General).
Pros
401k match, work-life balance, cool projects
Cons
Below market pay, tiny annual raises, few promotions
government contractor, so obviously everything takes 10 yearstalent is hit or miss, as is highly motivated peoplebut the mission is exciting, campus is beautiful, and the flexibility of your time is second to none.. pay is good, benefits are great
I have worked for a number of fortune 500 companies in my career as a contract engineer. I have seen what they make and have helped them make it. What makes a good company in my opinion is to realize that change is a necessary part of growth and that everything changes. Lockheed Martin is by far the most inclusive, conscientious organization that realizes that people are the assets that make the product. They live by the moto "We never forget who we are working for", and they mean it, live it and teach it. My job is great, my salary is acceptable, the culture is inclusive and their are more opportunities for the taking. There is a reason that people stay here until they retire, maybe you will be lucky enough to find out!
Pros
The company cares about the workers.
Cons
I have none to speak of
I worked at Lockheed Martin for 11 years. It was a great work environment most of the time. I did have one Program Manager who didn't do much for his people but his type was rare in my experience. Great benefits and plenty of upward mobility if you are motivated enough. It's a great place for veterans to thrive when they leave the military. Lockheed was simply the best company I've ever worked for, no doubt!
Pros
Good Pay, Great Benefits, Good Management, Great HR Department
Cons
The company is so big that sometimes you can feel like a number.
The company has a lot of resources to help anyone succeed. I would suggest to anyone that given the opportunity to work for Lockheed Martin, take it, you won't be sorry.
Could be better. Low 401k match and 2 weeks PTO per year. You'll never be paid the top of your salary range. Overall not a bad place to work. No heavy lifting.
  1. Employee Reviews