Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

42.1K
31K
Found 5,663 reviews matching the search See all 5,946 reviews
Worked Lockheed as a contractor
Health Information Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 16, 2018
The benefits were great. The most difficult requirement was finding time to stay up to date on the required training. One of the best perks were discounts from several companies.
Pros
healthcare
Very little chance of advancement
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 16, 2018
LM does little in the way of developing company loyalty. This, in combination with an ever-shrinking benefits package, creates low morale. Because of the prominence of the name, salaries are lower than what one might encounter at a smaller firm.
Work 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off.
Project Mgmt. and Planning Operations Rep Asc (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 16, 2018
Provide every other Friday off with a 9/80 work schedule.
Provide an eye glass shop with discounted glasses.
Company closes down the week between Christmas and New Year and the time is not pulled from vacation/sick time.
The team I am on is very friendly and I enjoy working with everyone.
Manager is fair and pleasant
The job itself is very stressful with high priorities and deadlines.
Very little training-This job is very detailed and technical. Training is a must, but it is practically non-existent which adds to the stress.
Employees are allowed to work from home when necessary.
Company does not pay for inclement weather time off. Must use vacation.
The company culture is hire the young right out of college by the thousands and has a tendency to lay off seasoned employees.
The majority of the people that work here are happy and the ones I've come in contact with are very nice and friendly.
The healthcare is good but the deductibles really high.
Salary is low starting at the ground level.
Annual salary increases are capped at 2%
The only way to advance is to leave the department for a higher salary grade.
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
Only way to advance is to transfer to another dept at a higher salary grade
Demanding Work Schedules
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 16, 2018
Lockheed Martin is very technology driven My work schedule was 5:00 am to 3:00 pm there were required courses you had to take in your free time . this made it feel like there was no personal time. Zero work life balance.
A Good Employer
Satellite Operations NOPS Controller & Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 16, 2018
Lockheed's position on hiring from within gave me opportunities to move up the ladder and into new areas of work. They also encouraged higher education and offered tuition assistance to help obtain those goals. I would be very happy to work for Lockheed Martin again in the future.
Dysfunctional, poor management
MULTIMEDIA DESIGN ENGINEER SENIOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2018
Lockheed Martin is a huge company with multiple departments; therefore, LM as a whole does not know nor care about the level of dysfunctionality of some of those departments. They are only concerned about the corporate footprint and bullet points that make it onto their marketing materials. You can be a fly on the wall and just work there forever, forgotten, yet taking home a pretty good salary. But if you are unlucky enough to have a bad manager, you won't get any help from human resources or from corporate. Bad managers do not get fired at Lockheed; they just get reassigned. The work ethic of those in charge is not like in a smaller company that is hungry for work and must be better to beat the competition. Their standards are very low because ...well, it's Lockheed Martin. The level of waste and inefficiency is appalling. In my almost 10 years there, I learned less than I did at a smaller firm for which I previously only worked for 4 years. They are not cutting edge although they like to think they are.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor management, inefficient, low morale
Lockheed is a big company
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2018
Nothing good happens quick. Management makes big decisions without understanding how it affects people then make no effort to fix them. The company is very reactive instead of proactive. Honestly i don't know how they got to be the biggest DOD contractor on the planet. Assed backward and management heavy is no way to continue into the future. And depending on what part of lockheed is how you will treated and compensated. They love to wave the go team go banner until its time to hand out the benefits.
Avionics Technician Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 15, 2018
Was a good job. All bench work. Good managers. Liked the people and the area but was away from my home and family and stayed in a hotel that was way to expensive. Left to come home and work. Worked in Kentucky and live in Virginia.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Away from home
Great company to grow technical skills
System Integrator Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2018
At Lockheed Martin employees have the opportunity to work on a diversity of projects. Great place to acquire new skills and be expose to new technology
Pros
Cons
Once projects end, employees might need to look for their next project
This job was a headache(Supervisor)
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 15, 2018
It was a stressful environment because of the lack of manpower in the support departments. The labor union made it very hard for my department to move forward and to achieve the departmental goals we set. The foolishness that you will encounter is not worth the money they will pay you in my opinion.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Adversarial union environment - expensive healthcare
Great management, state of the art facility
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 15, 2018
Clean, state of the art facility. Great management, fantastic HR, great working environment! Highly recommend employment here to anyone! Lots of room for advancement.
Pros
Benefits, union, excellent management
Cons
Pay rate a little below scale
No Upward Progression
Material Controller (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 14, 2018
I worked here for 6 years as an hourly employee. I interviewed 7 times for positions of which I was more than the most qualified for and was told I always interviewed well, but never got the opportunity. I got my degree while working here, of which they pad for, and they never would give me the chance to use those skills. Great Pay and Benefits, just no promotion opportunities for hourly employees. The culture is very much to source people from outside the company than to promote from within.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
promotion opportunities
Starter Job
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 14, 2018
It was nice starter job to get my foot through the door. The team I was with was solid. Great people. Job wasn't too stressful. The salary could've been better.
Concurrence with state/fedral lunch and break standards
Vehicle Test Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 14, 2018
Sometimes had to displace lunch and break times due to schedule requirements but was always fairly compensated. Most of the management was well organized and prepared, especially my immediate supervisors.
Pros
Some free lunches during heavy work schedule
Cons
Sometimes displaced work schedules
Lockheed Martin was a good place to work
Senior Systems Integration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLJuly 13, 2018
Lockheed Martin was a good place to work and retire from but the old Lockheed Missiles and Space Company was much better and I would have given that company 5 stars across the board. Prior to Lockheed's merger with Martin Marietta, LMSC valued and made use of a wonderful synthesis of people with diverse backgrounds, specifically ex-military with hands-on experience and degreed engineers. After Martin Marietta came into the mix, the old Lockheed was dead and was replaced by a very PC environment that valued a 22 year old kid with a degree in music or basket weaving over an ex-military person with decades of experience dedicated to the defense of the US...this was a shame because along with the devalue of hands-on expertise, there was a significant loss of the esprit de corps and collaboration that was based upon contractor-customer trust; the trust went out the window and pursuit of profits by the corporation became more important that deliverables that reflected a sensible calculus of cost, schedule, and technical performance. I am not a bitter LM retiree but along with others, I saw the change: a really great company devolved into a good company once Martin Marietta's values replaced LMSCs.
Pros
Great work life balance; work with a lot of professional individuals
Cons
Lack of corporate/customer partnership
Fun and good work balance, does not value experience over new talent
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2018
Great company to gain experience, but does not compensate older employees vs the newer employees coming in. Using older technology stack for development, but still follows the agile and newer design ideas. Great experience to interact with a large scale development effort.
This workplace was about if you are willing to party and kiss the ring of management
Instructional System Designer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 13, 2018
Lockheed was an excellent employer, it was management that was not up to par, many relatives and friends working there in the same department with positions of authority. Definitely about who you knew and how well you played the game.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Too many friends and relatives working in the same office
Great experience at internship
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
I learned a lot during my time at Lockheed Martin. My managers were great in helping me build my career as a developer. It was a great learning experience and I had a good time working with those at NASA as well.
Good place to start
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 12, 2018
The benefits package could be better. There are many people who work here. A lot of them are good people. Great place for those who are serious about advancement.
Lockheed Martin
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 11, 2018
My time at Lockheed Martin as an intern was a great opportunity to grow and enhance my communication and analytical skills. I learned to be a leader that takes charge and listen to others, and make project decisions with a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

38%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

48%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss