Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Job I was working on was cancelled
Designer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 17, 2018
The work was very interesting designing a new product for the P7 aircraft on Cadam system using aircraft coordinates system. The job was fun and exciting.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
No breaks
five stars
Senior Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDApril 17, 2018
It is a comfortable workplace.
Checking over night jobs, Sending morning report to manager before 8:00AM.
then, working on the tickets; scheduling to apply patches, resolved user's problems (which included data transfer, performance, data lost); setting up test center databases; preparing releases, and so on.
We learned how to manage time, how to resolve complex problems.
Enjoyed the mission
Sr. Technical Program Manager, IT (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed the mission while I was working there. The benfits were standard, the pay limited by the usual government contract funding constraints. Would work there again.
Advancement opportunities limited
Test Engineer Senior Staff (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAApril 16, 2018
Advancement opportunities are limited in engineering. There is supposed to be a dual career ladder where engineers can either take the management path or the group technical staff path, but the group technical staff isn't universally available, especially if your manager is in a different engineering discipline.
Pros
competitive salary, good work environment
Cons
poor health plan, limited opportunity for advancement
They are the leading defense contractor for many governments
Level III Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 16, 2018
I mostly enjoy what I do here.
Some cons are seniority based vs. Performance based.
Started at the bottom of their pay grade even though I had over 15 years of Naval aviation experience.
You cannot negotiate for salary.
Pros
Great 401K
Cons
two, 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch unpaid.
Very flexible but dull work environment
Embedded Technical Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2018
The company is very flexible. If you have something last minute arise, they will be understanding. But it may seem as if people are always watching and are ready to tell on you for something minuscule. We don’t always have evaluations so you may never know what you are doing wrong and tomorrow you are fired.
Pros
Flexible schedule, every other Friday off, 1.5 weeks Christmas vacation
Cons
Short lunch, no work evaluations, lack of communication
Defense Contractor with Advancement Opportunities
Finance/Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2018
I only completed an internship at Lockheed Martin. They offer good benefits but the work I complete as a finance/accounting intern was largely boring.
Pride
Principal Systems Architect (Former Employee) –  McColl, SCApril 16, 2018
High levels of professionalism.
Education and training are valued and acknowledged.
Technically oriented.
Strives to push the boundaries.
Telecommuting is possible for some job types.
This position required mostly of making "travel" arrangements, it would have been good for a travel agent to have.
Sr. Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20036April 16, 2018
Lockheed was just like any other job. I don't know what more you want me to tell you.

If I had the chance to work for Lockheed again, I guess I would.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Contractors were treated differently than the government employees
Great Work Life Balance, Few Chances to Advance
Business Development Analyst Sr - Capture Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 16, 2018
I worked there for almost 10 years and while I was there, everything kept getting worse...raises, benefits, etc. The only thing that kept me there was the work/life balance. We worked 9/80s meaning we worked 9 hours a day and got every other Friday off.
Unique Aerospace opportunities
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 16, 2018
I was privileged to work on some of the most interesting specialty satellites for commercial and Defense Department customers.
Very high tech projects.
Productive and great place to work
Product Support International Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2018
I've enjoyed my time at Lockheed and have grown my leadership skills and abilities.They encourage employee development. It is a great place to work with wonderful people.
Overall Lockheed is a Great place to work.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 14, 2018
I started with Martin Marietta in 1985 as a key punch operator and have had many opportunities to advance. I was recently laid off due to reorganization. The hardest part of the job is the level of stress. There is a lot of pressure in the culture of Launching Rockets. I was generally in Finance for most of my career. I recently was laid off with retirement. If you can handle stress well, it is a great place to work. They have great benefits. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is, getting to know the people in many different departments and what they do. The hardest part is the work. It's ever changing. It was a good long ride for me. I transferred to ULA and back to Lockheed prior to my retirement.
Pros
Lockheed has lots of opportunites, including flexable hours
Cons
You work hard, and sometimes many hours.
Meaningful Work that is Valued
Director, FMS Programs (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 14, 2018
Majority of management (including myself) valued passing credit / praise down to actual contributors.

Advancement can be stifled if you were too close to previous company senior leadership (C-suite) when senior leadership (C-suite) retires and replaced with new C-suite hostile to your C-suite mentor.
Great Place to work
Multi-Functional & Science Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MD 20814April 14, 2018
There are plenty of opportunities throughout the company to explore, both in the classified and non-classified environments. Competitive salary ranges.
10 years
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 13, 2018
I was able to work as a CSR on the call floor. Advance to lead, managing my own team.
Then in 2016 was hired as Operations Supervisor, for our specialty benefits team.
The there was an amount of stress and fast paced periods of employment.
Expectations, of change are high. The support of upper-management
Varies, but is there if sought out.
The pay was appropriate, the benefits were in line with national expectations.
The team atmosphere on the call floor, was the best I have ever experienced, between the leads and their teams.
I would recommend working for Lockheed Martin.
Their civil unit which my contract was under was sold to Leidos, is is much smaller and does not offer the same benefits or pay. The presence in New Mexico is small in comparison.
Pros
Possible overtime
Cons
not much upward mobility in the civil unit call center area.
Great place for military veterans
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 13, 2018
Lockheed Martin is a great place to work for military veterans as either a permanent career or transitory position for vets getting into the private sector. The comradery can be similar and with a fast-paced workload. I thoroughly enjoyed most of my time there.
Awesome work environment and sense of accomolishment
Isochronal Inspections Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLApril 13, 2018
Lockheed Martin is an amazing company to work for. It is evident that they focus on bettering the lives of their employees and their families. I would recommend a position on Team Lockheed Martin to anyone.
Welcoming workspace with people who actaully want to help you further your career
High School Intern (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 12, 2018
I was a high school intern so I didn't work many hours, however the people I worked for and around were very pleasant and helpful in teaching me the skills I would need to work in an engineering industry successfully.
Sr. Computer Systems Architect (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 12, 2018
Good place to work, relaxed environment, stress free, management tend to look out for their staff, competitive pay, great benefits, there is a location almost in every state which allows employees to move around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K
42K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight