Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando Employee Reviews

An overall great company
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2019
Loews provides the perfect job atmosphere by being friendly and team oriented while also providing a competitive job field. I feel valued as an employee. I believe that I have a fair wage and benefits and also feel important to the operation. A typical day is 8 hours and includes a free meal during your break.
Management not good
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  LoewsJanuary 31, 2019
This place is very political you cant move up whatever you do is not good enough. As soon as you have a hiccup watch out cause they will be on you like a hawk. Favoritism and friends are the only people that move to higher positions you can forget about trying to move up. It’s all about politics unfortunately that’s the way it works.
Benefits
Cons
Everything, politics
I just need to leave
Stocker (Current Employee) –  United, PAJanuary 20, 2019
I leave the company because I'm not feeling good at the team so that the reason I neeg to leave and I'm looking for a better job to take care my family.
Dont work here, choose a better place to work
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2018
Don't work here, choose a better place to work. There are plenty of options out there in today's market. My opinion would be to recommend you work for Disney as they are now paying all employees more, or to get with Marriott or Hilton as I have had great experiences with them.
review
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2018
The only really good thing about working for Loews is that you have a universal team member ID that gets you into the parks and Halloween Horror Nights and free lunch.
Lowest paying hotel around
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando FloridaAugust 9, 2018
The hotels are beautiful but the management is not the best. They have a lot of issues with hours and finding people to work a forever changing scheduled. It can be very busy or it can be completely dead that’s the down fall of theme parks.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks and poor management
Interesting learning experience at a large resort
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2018
Loews hotels is a growing brand with a number of wonderful benefits for working there. The experience, so I've heard, is very different when you look at other Loews Hotels as opposed to the ones in Orlando. It is very Theme Park oriented, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the whole feel of the Universal Resorts can come off as a bit tacky. On a typical day, I worked overnight, me and the other overnight agents would assist the pm shift with the remaining check-ins, as well as start our own overnight checklist. I gathered a lot of front desk experience while working for Sapphire Falls, as well as what goes into being a night auditor. The majority of the people working at the front desk are hospitality majors, so they are generally excited to work, with a few exceptions. Management was alright, they did their best to accommodate everyone's needs, especially regarding flexibility for school schedules. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the overnight schedule, but you get used to it after a while. I loved the overnight team that I had! It was definitely the best part of working on the job.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Fast-Pace, and Fun Workplace
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2017
Highly recommend working for "Loews Hotels" if you're in the hospitality industry. What I've learned from Loews, I've carried on with me in all aspects of my job. Training is amazing. Management is very warming, and very informative. The hardest part of this job will be what you make it. Everything is laid out in-front of you in a very easy and friendly way.
Cons
Great Employer with good benefits and a great culture
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2017
Loews Hotels is offering good compensation and a well rounded benefits package for their employees. They stand out as a good neighbor in the central Florida community. Fast growing company with lots of room to develop and if desired transfer to other locations throughout the United States.
Pros
Benefits, free lunches, lots of employee relations events
Cons
Needs more up tp date software, in all departments
Security Loews Hotel
Security (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 25, 2016
a work day at loews is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. the issue with the place is that they have favorites and if you don't fall in good favor with some people you might have a hard time working for the company. also the company retention rate is really really low. the most enjoyable part of the job is the free food. its not a place to build a career but it is a place to work if your older and want to retire but still make money. if your younger you should find another security company to work for. when it comes to co workers most are pretty cool, but it is a good amount you have to watch out for because they will try to get you fired if your a good worker.
Pros
free food, mindless work, volunteer overtime, company perks
Cons
short breaks, no job security, unfairness, no future
workplace
Operator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2015
I've worked for this company for about eight years, there was good times and bad times. I just wish they care for their employees more. I've been loyal to my employer but once I feel like I'm not being treated fairly it's time to go.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
lack of staffs