Loffredo Fresh Produce Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
dont work here
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 6, 2018
they want to work to to death management does not care about you all they need is a breathing person. DOT HOS does not matter to them make sure you know the rules. Because rules do not matter to them.
I will say if the transportation manager started at my current company i would quit with no notice.
loffedo expects you to have not family life. you are on call 24/7
if you work here i am sorry i hope you get out soon
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
Cut-Throat Place! Everyone there wants to leave!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  IowaMarch 27, 2018
Horrible company!! liars and cheaters who have no morals. Its a family business and the families keeps all the money. The VP is a sociopath who is a nut. Nothing here--stay ways.
Pros
Cons
Tonix enviroment
Waste of time
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Carter Lake, IAJanuary 9, 2018
They hire a bunch of guys who can't work the job hired to do then make you do your own work load plus theirs, they never say anything to where house guys who half time do a good job, and never get trucks fixed right !! They suppose to give me benefits after 30 days and I can say after 4 months I still didn't have them.
Pros
Early morning start times
Cons
Bad place to work
Well productive and energizing
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 29, 2017
A typical days work is very energizing and so much full of excitement. We all work together to get the job done right and on time. Management Is good. He makes sure everyone and everything is taken care of and does his job the way a manager is suppose to do their job. big thumbs up! One of the hardest part of the job is making sure the trucks are organized and loaded correctly with no mistake. The most enjoyable part is to know that people are excited to work in a safe work place environment.
productive work
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 23, 2017
My duties as a Delivery driver are to drive the truck in a safely manner and to deliver the produce following a route provided by the company. My duties also include unloading the produce by hand cart and completing necessary paperwork for the customer.
Bad place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  DeForest, WIJune 1, 2017
I worked as plant manager at lfp. I did learn alot but once i figured out how bad the company was i quit. Management was horrible. It wasnt the management in house either. It was all the people in iowa that made everyones life heck. There is micro management in house there as well and the day manager, j.d was a horrible little angry man
Pros
Free produce
Cons
Management and pay
Don't work here
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 13, 2017
It flat out bite management long hours for cheap pay trucks barely run they barely pass inspection they work you in the ground and they trader you like nobody
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Some workers are lazy management sucks won't stand up for you
Great place to work for..
Loader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Clive, IAApril 4, 2017
Great place to work for if u like the night life work shifts get drive around on stand up pallet jacks and forklifts load and unload trucks picking intventory
Pros
Great work place
Fun Place to Work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 7, 2017
It's a very challenging job, with room for growth. You go all over the city, learning procedures, different routes, while earning a great pay.
Great place to begin with!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 30, 2016
All co-workers great to work with, easy job once you get the hang of it, but can get very frustrating to start out. When I new guy starts on picking orders and make your route difficult. I always have several people to ask for help, everybody willing to help. I started with just a class B permit within a month and a half I had my license and making good money. Will be working towards my class A very soon. Vacation time is nice already almost have 4 days in 4 months and can use it in a couple weeks. Sometimes the hours suck with having a family with different hours but the pay with overtime is worth it, it's nice getting off between noon and 2.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, laid back, Get your cdl through this place
Cons
Early start times
Fast pace work environment, great co- workers
Warehouse Janitor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2016
This job has gave me opportunities to learn new things. I've done things such as driving a power jack that I never thought I could. I enjoy cleaning and making people happy. Unfortunately my immediate supervisor is not a very professional manager. I am also not making enough money to support my family. This job has no room for advancement or training for a better position.
Pros
Working with great people, and keeping things clean
Cons
Bad management and poor pay
Under paid for the amount of hours/work asked per employee
Assistant Night Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  DeForest, WIJanuary 31, 2016
I worked long hours at low pay. Warehouse industry minimum is around $16-$18/hr. I made $15/hr, and I was in Management.
Cons
Long hours, Low pay, and too much required
Great working enviorment, and employees
Truck Loader (Current Employee) –  DeForest, WIJune 2, 2015
Use your badge to enter the building say hello to all my fellow employees in the break room, bundle up for the harsh cold walk-in cooler. say hey to my manager, grab my truck number sheet then a pallet jack, grab a pallet from the racks, and start loading your pallet. The best part of the day is the end of the day considering we can leave out that cooler, and also we can take home some baskets or handfuls of free fruit.
Pros
Employees able to take baskets off fruit everynight
Cons
Very cold enviorment
Great Company to work for
Buyer (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 4, 2014
I was with Loffredo Fresh Produce for several years. Was the best learning experience I have had on any job. If seeking for a job, I highly recommend them! My most enjoyable experience was the daily challenges, multi task skills a must! Great co workers at their home office including their branch office locations.
Pros
Great Company
worked there 25 years
Branch/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 14, 2014
I did not agree with direction of management of the company.
Do not work for these guys
class A cdl driver (Current Employee) –  Carter Lake, IAOctober 22, 2012
most of your routes are routed to cross the same road three or four times a day. they hire a lot of family and pay them much higher wages than someone with experience. the operations manager hired his girlfriends son with no CDL as a driver at 14.00/hr and me with a class A CDL and experience at 12.50/hr. Guys have been there for 5-9 years making less than all new hires within the three months. unqualified personnel running the transportation department. just an overall unprofessional, unqualified, and immature group of friends running that place.
Pros
its a paycheck not even close to a career.
Cons
there isnt one positive about the place.
Very high diverse work place
Processing Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 10, 2012
make schedules
Processing foods is different work experience then I'm used to but have adapted
No set time no set schedules for anyone we start then we leave when finished.
Hardest part of job is communicated to employees
I have grown in a different type of career I fill that I have done a good job.
Pros
lots of experience in the food industry
Cons
no set schedules or pay increase for 2 years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loffredo Fresh Produce. Our community is ready to answer.