LOFT by Ann Taylor Employee Reviews

good managers and co workers, bad hours and customers. typical retail job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 14, 2019
Good managers, but the company itself only cares about the bottom line. They give bare minimum hours and the customers can be very entitled and have bad attitudes, but that's retail.
Horrible Environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 8, 2019
Absolutely horrible place to work. Associates work hard and well, however, management was absolutely terrible. Not professional at all, clique together, don’t offer help, get frustrated if you don’t understand something. Management caused store wide frustration by talking poorly of associates to other associates. Management was not professional, they would gossip, and accept and encourage gossip from other employees. They had very obvious favorites, and treated those they did not like very poorly.
Excellent Managers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 12, 2019
Excellent management and friendly staff! Very customer focused and know most customers by name. Feels boutique-ish yet small town shopping. Love the customers and staff at the Boonsboro Location.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Retail pay
Fun place to work with great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 2, 2019
I enjoyed my time working at Loft. The managers were extremely kind and it felt like a family. I loved my coworkers. There were incentives for outstanding performance and the company often gave us treats (free snacks, extra discount, etc.). The employee discount is amazing. The only problem I had with the job was the occasional and typical angry customers, thefts, weird people, etc. But my managers were always there to back me up. Also, the job could get kind of tiring from doing the same thing everyday especially during the off season. The pay wasn't great either. I personally had a hard time with trying to get customers to apply for the credit card. It was uncomfortable for me to try to sell it, although I wasn't bad at doing it. However some of my coworkers were complete naturals at it so it depends on your personality. Overall, if the pay had been better I would still be working here but I definitely am glad that I worked here for the time that I did.
Fun and flexible work environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 1, 2019
This is a great job for college students, flexible hours. An “easy” job that you can learn and grow from. Room for growth as well as moving up if desired.
Toxic work culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2019
I had to leave because the work culture is so negative. I was body shamed by the manager twice and the managers are unprofessional with passive aggressive comments. There is a lot of favoritism and they leave one person to do all of the work. They should treat workers better
Great work environment with ability and opportunity for growth
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 4, 2019
LOFT is a great company to work for. Our leaders care about our people and embody the brand mission. We are all about a yes culture that inspires and empowers women to be who and what they want.
avoid
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYMay 23, 2019
Management expectations are ridiculously high for sales associates. WAY TOO MUCH PRESSURE while management does minimal work. Constantly pressure you to make corporate requirements/ goals with no compensation to associates. The workplace culture is cliquey. DONT EVEN WASTE UR TIME.
lack diversity
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2019
when i applied i originally applied for the grand central store location but for some reason i wasn't placed there ,and offered the bleeker st location with a dollar increase due to inconvenience. I was told to go to the NOHO store on a specific day for orientation. When i arrived there management didn't greet me they just said "Mam we're currently not open" then i told them i'm the new hire. They gave me a funny look then greeted me. One of the ladies who was doing orientation quickly told me that they don't wear black here. Which of course i found out was a lie. Atypical day there consist of the usual clothing retail things, such as, clothing placement, dealing with customers, working as a team..etc.The work place didn't consist of much culture very bubbly talking "valley girl" like. The hardest part was the lack of diversity and diversity awareness. I enjoyed the type of clothing merchandise they carried
Pros
discount
Cons
lack of diversity poor management
Poor management and work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 15, 2019
Managers and other associates were rude, catty and competitive. They change what you’re supposed to be doing extremely often. Dressing room, register, folding clothes, filling online orders, hanging, go backs etc. they basically have the employees rotate. It becomes difficult to interact with customers because management makes you change what you’re doing SO OFTEN! On top of that, when they actually do leave you stationed in one area they pull you away for a moment and then get mad when clothes pile up in that area. Meanwhile, I would’ve had no problem keeping up had I been left to do my job. ALSO, if you don’t push credit cards you are basically useless to them.
Pros
Generous 50% discount, Good pay
Cons
Poor management, Poor work atmosphere
Loving family!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 10, 2019
I love working at LOFT. My store is definitely like a family to me! The duties are never hard! Let me put it this way- I don't dread going to work everyday!
A fun environment with major opportunity to grow, self rewarding
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 5, 2019
The company itself values every employee if they are matching company standards. They notice when a store, employee is excelling beyond their expectations and beyond their goals. When performing well it does not go unnoticed and he/she or store gets recognized by store management or higher. If there is a position open to advance they give open opportunity to those who show interest and that individual is given a chance to interview and show why they deserve an advancement. To sum it up everyone is appreciated and respected. It’s a wonderful work environment and represents what the company stands for. Women empowerment.
Pros
Employee discount, building confidence in yourself and others
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNApril 28, 2019
Great co-workers and management team
Good discount
Fast paced
Team support
Flexible schedule
High energy workplace
Downside: working with rude tourists
Welcoming team. But
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 25, 2019
The coworkers were great and fun. But I didn’t have any consistent training on register or on sales floor. So I was stressed out trying to figure out what to do. Most of the team was kind enough to come and help me when I needed.
I was missing several hours on my time stamp to be paid and so got paid short. Seriously... so I had to go and point it out. I’ve never had that happen. Yikes.
Pros
Great discounts and great coworkers.
Cons
Everything else.
Relaxed comfortable environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAApril 23, 2019
Working at LOFT is fun and rewarding. I loved helping customers find their outfit for their special occasion! Especially for those who had no clue what they were looking for. The downside is the raises. At my location, raises were very minimal and not worth it. Pay could be better especially for all the work employees do in order to keep it "perfect" and presentable. But all in all, the environment is great, clothes were cute, and the discount was amazing!
Pros
Environment
Cons
Pay
Loft
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAApril 21, 2019
LOFT is a decent company to work for. They work with already existing schedules, such as another job or with your school schedule. Good management as well.
Fashion forward
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 17, 2019
Client Focused. Personable. Growth Opportunities. Needed more technology innovation but would have cost money at the time especially because the technology was newer. Product was lacking in quality from time to time so it made it difficult to stand behind/believe in.
Fun work place
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 12, 2019
Fun place to work. Great experience with differents customers. They always askung for differents things, helping them to make a choice for what they are buying.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 11, 2019
I have only worked for a short while, but i love working at this company. the management is well done and they truly care about what is happening in our lives, work and personal.
Slow development, favoritism but you meet nice people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAApril 10, 2019
I was only working here temporarily until I found something in my career path. There is always work drama and my store was no different. They did not get along with the manager. I personally didn't have any issues. I met a lot of nice people at loft and had 2 friends in management positions with this company. They loved it compared to their last job that I met them at. I did see favoritism at my store when it came to career development though. The downside from working here full time though was they do not provide any healthcare benefits. Also since this company is directed towards female customers usually female employees are hired. In my opinion it can get difficult.
Pros
50% employee discount, paid time off, nice people, supports managers
Cons
no healthcare, slow development

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LOFT by Ann Taylor. Our community is ready to answer.