Logan Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive
Receptionist Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVAugust 3, 2018
Registering patients as they came in the ER and the Front window. Answering phones, Helping patients and their families. Working several computer programs at once per patient.
Not Bad place to work
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Logan, WVJune 11, 2018
Depends on the day and situation but for the most part not a bad place to work. Pay could be better considering the responsibilities that I have as an Armed Security Officer.
Fast Paced and convenient location
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Logan, WVMarch 28, 2018
My manager was fair and accommodating with me when I chose to return to school. Scheduling was fairly flexible. Coworkers are team players. Family oriented atmosphere where people care about the patients and community.
Don't work at this hospital.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVFebruary 22, 2018
Housekeeping job was not great at all. Low pay, benefits sucked, was lied to about pay, nasty job cleaning bodily fluids and rooms with bed bugs, breaks were far between and it was very fast paced, staff was rude and made fun of patients.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, home time.
Extremely rewarding experience!
Staff RN-LRMC 3rd Floor/Overflow/Peds/ PRN (Current Employee) –  Logan, WVFebruary 18, 2018
Infusion therapy was a closed unit...but still within the hospital. We primarily care for oncology patients, but did a multitude of other things. We had the unique opportunity of providing 1:1 care to all of our patients and their families. Extremely rewarding!
Learned alot
STAFF PACU NURSE (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVFebruary 2, 2018
I started my n ursing career at logan regional and I learned a lot there. Learneed teamwork, leadership skills and time management. Worked alot of overtime, short staffed,
Pros
Expierence
Cons
Short staffed
Fast paced
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Logan, WVJanuary 24, 2018
Being a dietary assistant is a very fast pace and time dependent job. It’s very time sensitive due to the amount of work being done. Everything has to be done at a certain time frame.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Fun and Challenging place to work
Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee) –  Logan, WVJanuary 11, 2018
Great team! Administration, Physicians and staff are very committed to their patients. It's a very busy and challenging place to work, but the people are wonderful.
Pros
People and community
Cons
Very busy
Fast-pace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVSeptember 13, 2017
Work-flow was extremely busy and I felt we weren't compensated for our workload. It's a great atmosphere to work! Also great benefit packages for employees and their families
Pros
Pto
Cons
Salary
Lrmc
NURSING SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVJuly 31, 2017
I enjoyed this job so much. Paperwork is my forte. I learned how to work with a team. Hardest part was keeping the nurses station the way I wanted it because others would move my stuff.
Understaffed
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVJune 20, 2017
Hospital is often understaffed. Patient needs are not being met in a timely fashion. Employment opportunities based on "who you know" and not qualifications.
Rehabilitation Nurse (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVMay 8, 2017
I did not work there for a very long time so there is not much i can say. It is under different supervision from when i did work there so i am sure things have changed.
A great staff working against insurmountable odds.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVMay 1, 2017
Best group of co workers ever! A cohesive unit of every day super heroes! Each day I was there this staff faced an incredible amount of work, expected it and got it done like professionals they were! I encountered many unsung heroes in this hospital. Management does not understand the gold mine they possess in their Rehab staff!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
too far from home for me... homesick.
Good coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVMarch 24, 2017
Need to value their employees more and try to retain them; needs better pay with increases in pay with education; has terrible food that is expensive and should be free or discounted to employees
Low employee morale
Physician Coder (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVOctober 9, 2016
Organization does not promote a positive work environment. Employees are under paid, unappreciated and overlooked for advancements. Company does not correct insufficiencies of hospital.
RN (Current Employee) –  ACUTE INPATIENT REHAB UNITAugust 18, 2015
I have been employed with logan regional medical center for 25 yrs now and I am currently employed with them.I have no desire to leave.I am presently looking to supplement my income with part time/per diem employment.
Pros
Co workers great
Cons
No pay raises no incentive pay
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVSeptember 12, 2014
wonderful place to work, employees all help each other and work as a team.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVFebruary 17, 2014
-A typical day at work would be going in at 5am and getting ready for the morning run of sticking for blood. By 10am it would be time for a break, and then if I had any resticks or anymore sticks to print off then I would go and get them. I would restock my tray. 230pm I would go home
-I learned interpersonal relationships and time management.
-My Co-Workers were both good and bad. Attitudes ran high sometimes. But some people were the best people to work with.
-The hardest part of my job was time management. I sometimes got behind, but usually got caught up.
-The most enjoyable part of my job was when someone would tell me, "That I didn't even feel that!" when I would stick them for blood.
Pros
Christmas Party, Birthday Cake and Punch every month
Cons
No Bonuses or overtime avaliable
Review Charts, Talk to physicians
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Logan, WVJanuary 17, 2014
A typical work day includes reviewing charts, and querying physicians when needed to show accurate documentation of a hospital stay.
A night in the life of a labor and delivery nurse
RN (Current Employee) –  Logan, WVSeptember 3, 2013
I typically worked 3 12 hour shifts a week. I worked with some of the most amazing women I have ever met. It was truly a rewarding job to be able to care for women during such a life changing time. The hardest part of the job was always caring for women who had to cope with the loss of a child before it has the chance to live. This was always heart breaking and devastating but such a privilege to be able to help during such a horrible time. Thankfully the joys of new life out weighed the loss. It was amazing to be a part of something that these women and their families will never forget.