Logansport Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Great benefits!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INDecember 13, 2018
LMH is a great place to work with awesome comraderie among staff members. Great learning environment where you can sharpen your nursing skills. There is great exposure to all kinds of illnesses and the patients vary from a few days old to 99 years old.
Pros
Medical procedures are 100% covered by insurance
Cons
Mandatory on call when low census
This place encourages new employees and you always have people/resorces to help you succeed in your career
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INNovember 4, 2018
A typical day at work would be getting your patient assignment and report. You check your patients and introduce yourself. Next would be checking the MAR for currents medications due, administration of medication and assessments of your patients.

Management is supportive and does not hold back with compliments on a job well done

Culture is respected

The hardest part of the job is being responsible for a patients life and making correct assessments in order to provide good care. Also, the unpredictability of what will happen every shift is stressful

I most enjoy when I know I did a good job and my patients are a little better from my care on that shift. I also enjoy my coworkers
Pros
Great benifits, supportive managment and staff, fast paced
Cons
unpredictable nights, hard work, low census call offs
Poor management
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INOctober 24, 2018
No training but discplined for job performance based on he said she said. Never any positive feedback. Employees "tattle" on one another. HR was not helpful at all. First day on the job they reported something bogus to my manager.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor management
ok place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peru, INSeptember 26, 2018
office lead, order supplies, triage phone calls, enter patient info. take vitals, administer immunizations, phlebotomy, obtain EKG's, assist provider with procedures.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
constant management change.
no cooment
OB/GYN, Podiatry, ENT, Cataracts (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INSeptember 26, 2018
worked 5 days a week 7a.m. - 3:30 p.m, i didnt learn very much, the management and human resources department were untrustworthy, enjoyed doing surgery, it is a disappointing work experience
Fast Paced but enjoyable
Emergency Room Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INAugust 13, 2018
The day in the ER was fast paced but the company was enjoyable. There were days that you felt you never got to sit down but other days where you felt more manageable. The employees always looked after each other and helped out where they could.
The job itself is rewarding
Physician Office (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INJune 30, 2018
You have to be in with the managers at this company, which I pretend to be to keep my job. But I have seen some horrible things happen and heard so many horrible things from many of the managers and an executive on the Physician side.
Pros
Cheap Healthcare
Cons
The upper management/supervisors on the Physician Side only
Was a very productive facility, seemed to have great balance in its structure.
EMT/Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INJune 19, 2018
Great place to work, management could have used a better perspective of what EMS is and how it implements into program at the hospital. Enjoyed the balance of work and family there.
Pros
great balance
Cons
managment needed more education of what EMS is, prehospital care.
I enjoyed what I did.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INMay 22, 2018
The job was made more stressful due to poor leadership in my department that was never addressed. I enjoyed what I did very much, but the manager was very difficult.
Fast paced blood draws
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INApril 13, 2018
I was an extern so I shadowed for a while and finally supervised performing actual draws. I learn proper technique and workplace etiquette. The hardest part of the job was the patients with weak veins that were hard to draw blood from. The most enjoyable was simple drawing blood, I just love phlebotomy.
Pros
Learning from experienced phlebotomist.
Cons
Hard sticks.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INApril 6, 2018
Great place to work. Very friendly staff. Willing to meet the needs of the staff. Great location. Willing to advance in order to compete with the larger hospitals close by.
Good Experience
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Express MedMarch 28, 2018
I had a good experience at LMH, I enjoyed my coworkers and patients. I worked with excellent Doctors. I appreciated the patient diversity and the level of care given.
hostile work environment
Clinical Informatics Coordinator/EMR specialist (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INMarch 19, 2018
Always made to feel like job was in jeopardy because of changes to management or structure. Underqualified people in positions of management. Hear say, he said she said discipline.
Very nice place to work.
CST (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INMarch 9, 2018
Very nice place to work. Enjoyed my time there. Very nice people to work with. Pretty laid back atmosphere. Would recommend working there to anyone that wants to work in a small county hospital.
Travel nurse while here
RN (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INMarch 8, 2018
I only worked here for a couple of contracts as a travel nurse and the management and the staff were exceptionally nice and helpful. Great dept to work for.
Cardiac Rehab Tech (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INNovember 29, 2017
I love working here. Its hard to find the connection that you get with a small community hospital. The connections you make are very memorable and empowering.
Cons
lower pay
Good Experience
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INNovember 29, 2017
I was at this facility for an externship. It was a good experience, staff were helpful and professional as they trained and shared their knowledge with me.
Great place to work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Logansport, IN 46947October 16, 2017
I had previously worked at Memorial Hospital as an employee, but left that position to spend more time on my home business. Later, I started volunteering at Memorial because I really missed the interaction with the employees and patients.
Overall Poor Employee Treatment
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INOctober 11, 2017
Low paying jobs. Management is terrible. They do not value their employees. Favoritism is awful within some areas. HR is completely blind to the issues.
Pros
Decent Healthcare
Cons
Low pay, stressful, disrespectful management
Family centered atmosphere
ICU Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INAugust 24, 2017
LMH is a small community hospital which allows the staff to know each other and many of the clients. Management works hard to understand what the needs of staff and patients are, and make changes as they can. The environment is friendly and centered around caring for one another as well as the patients.