Logical Position Employee Reviews

Great managers and great company culture.
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 30, 2018
I worked at Logical Position for just under two years before leaving to go back to school and change careers. Logical Position was my third place of work since graduating and was by far the best.

It is almost a cliche now to say the best part of a job was "the people but that is exceptionally true here. People take full use of their breaks and lunches to spend time with each other and despite it being a pretty large Portland office it's pretty easy to get to know people. I still talk multiple times a week with former co-workers, now friends, even from a different state.

My team and managers were very understanding and a refreshing lack of blaming, which I can't say of my previous two places. The hardest part of the job is dealing with demanding client but the managers are extremely understanding of how those relationships can go and are willing to give advice, recap calls, and even hop on calls if necessary. If there were problems the managers often took a lot of time out of their own busy days to help and repeatedly checked in afterwards. Instead of assigning blame, all the work afterwards was based on how things could be avoided in the future.

This is a great place to learn more about digital marketing in general, even though LP focuses mainly on paid search advertisement. We were encouraged to think as digital marketing consultants and that led to parts of our team, including managers, helping out with things like website design, consumer funnels, messaging, identifying competitive advantages, all to help paid search perform better, so there was a much more
  more... wholistic approach to marketing than one would think going into this job. The exposure to so many clients and so many industries is very unique and hard to find elsewhere if one does come in to LP viewing it as a place to spend a few years and then move on.

My lone critique is it can be difficult to determine what exactly the managers are looking for when they need to promote someone to lead a new team or be a senior member on a new team in the fast-growing company. Also, it was tough to tell how much other entry-level team members were supposed to help with training and how much ownership to have over training new teammates. There is a lot of stuff to learn and a lot of things that you don't know you don't know. This is something I recall them working on improving when I left.

I would recommend Logical Position to any friend who was looking for a job and when I talk with people now are looking to start paid advertising online I always recommend they talk to Logical Position instead of doing it themselves. Google makes it really easy for people to spend a lot of money very fast and LP is great at minimizing wasted money. Care for clients is something that starts from the very top down. I spoke multiple times with the CEOs, both about work-related topics and non-work-related topics, who couldn't be nicer and friendlier, who often go above and beyond what one would expect from CEOs at a big company with so many clients.
Pros
Company culture, supportive, professional skill development.
Cons
Promotions was confusing, Training could be better (which they were working on)
Great culture, fast paced, and high growth potential
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORMay 29, 2018
Logical Position is a great place to work. There are opportunities for people just starting their career, and for those who are several years established.

The company values are carried out daily, and everyone believes in our mission to help businesses grow.

Like other reviews have mentioned, advancement is achievable for those who pursue it and communicate with their managers. There are plenty of opportunities to flex your knowledge and skills to prove yourself.

We're growing at an exceptional rate and show no signs of slowing down!
Pros
Flexible work schedule, growth opportunities, exciting company events
Cons
General growing pains
Wealth Of Knowledge Obtained On The Job
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORMay 25, 2018
I don't have too much to say here. LP is the best thing that has ever happened to my life and my closest friends and family would agree. In fact, my best friends work here and I have family members that are clients.
I will say that if you want to advance your career here at LP you need to do it your self; no one is going to lay out the red carpet, you need to create the path that you want to walk on (or sprint on for that matter).
Pros
Collaborative Work Environment - Free Food - Young Company/Employees
Cons
So many internal polices/procedures - Try's TOO hard to make everyone happy.
An Amazing Place For Career Advancement.
Search Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORMay 15, 2018
You always hear about LP's culture and it's true, the people are amazing! There is never a bottleneck when trying to communicate with anyone. I never feel out of place talking with CEO's, VP's, and managers at LP.

Personally, I consider all the above an added bonus. The real value for an employee is the education you get with LP. I have worked with an insanely wide variety of clients and business, in all kinds of different industries. I feel confident in my ability to develop successful advertising campaigns on AdWords and Facebook regardless of the industry.

I will always be so proud to work at a company that educates their employees and gives them the opportunity to become advertising MONSTERS. The best part is that if you need help, just ask! Resources are everywhere and there is always someone willing to teach you!
Pros
Culture, Opportunity, Education, Free Food & Beer :)
Cons
Healthcare / Benefits, Pto
Sales (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 17, 2018
Great culture. The people here are like a second family. Management listens to the needs of employees and makes quick adjustments. Keep up the great work!
Pros
Taco Tuesday's, Education opportunities, career advancement, access to upper management
Cons
parking, general growing pains
Logical Position is the best employer I've ever had.
Code Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 9, 2018
The experience Logical Position provides to their clients is only matched by the experience that you have when working there. It's clear from the beginning that they care about their employees, and the culture and security that they've built is unbeatable.

Management is involved and always looking for ways to help and improve your daily workflow.

Seeing everyone at LP work together to accomplish their goals and provide their clients with a great experience is inspiring and unmatched.

I've never truly felt at home with a Company until working with LP. This company treats their employees right, treats their clients right, and has shown incredible growth without losing sight of their core values. I'm proud to work at Logical Position!
Pros
Catered Breakfasts, Game Night, Great Benefits, Amazing Teams, Intelligent Coworkers, Interesting Industry, Cutting-Edge Strategies, ACES (Community involvement)
Great place for growth
Marketing Specialist / Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 2, 2018
To start, I saw the 2 negative reviews here which is why I felt personally compelled to help paint a more accurate picture of the position, which is clearly defined as a sales role. Everyone starts in the same place with an average base for the Charlotte area (I have worked at 2 other companies that also offer digital marketing, and was successful at each so I know the true inner-workings. I left each to pursue the next-best, which is how I landed at LP).
As with most sales positions, you get what you put into it. Official "training" is only a few days but unless you are already an digital marketing expert with a full understanding AdWords, then your self-training needs to be ongoing. There is no shortage of online resources, and LP even built out their own internal University and give access to get AdWords certified in each area. Additionally, each of the managers from the GM to the assistant sales managers make themselves easily available and are very willing to help. And, there isn't a sales rep on the floor who doesn't make time to help others.
Regarding the pay, it is very reasonable to expect to hit 50k-60k in your first year. While is it back-ended because the percentage of the initial sale is small, the residuals off your book of business is VERY aggressive and every paycheck I get continues to grow. Also, as you grow through the pay structure levels, both the upfront commission and residuals get even more aggressive where you can legitimately turn this into a 6-figure position, plus many management positions.
As with any sales role, you have to be willing to
  more... put in the work. If you want to do extra work outside of the office, just 2-3 hours of self-education is extremely valuable. I put $55k as my salary because that is what I'm currently pacing at only 5 months in, not accounting for how much I expect my books to grow.  less
Pros
Access to education, free breakfast Wednesdays, AdWords Certifications, great team environment
Cons
30-minute lunch, but hardly something to complain about because we're done at 4:30
Training was non-existent. Pay not worth the hassle. But good management and company over all.
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2018
You'll spend your days cold-calling businesses to see what they're doing with their Google AdWords accounts. That's pretty much it.

More times than not people on the other ends of the phone calls will be very angry that you interrupted their day with a "sales" call, or they'll simply hang up.

The management in our office was really cool. A+ on managers, but the job itself isn't worth the stress of the pay in my opinion, its base+commission and you'll mostly be living off the low base as sales don't come too often.

The job description states that you'll be making an upwards of 50K a year, but that's being VERY VERY VERY generous. In fact, some people in the office were hired under the impression that they would be able to make 80k a year. I'd argue more like 30k a year is a more realistic number, and that's as somebody who has had an average number of sales.

Also, training here is existent. You'll be thrown to the wolves on your 3rd day, expected to perform your job without the proper training. If you don't have an adequate knowledge of AdWords, good luck, because you will struggle, and will have to meet with management to go on their "performance improvement plan" (i.e., you're being watched closely and risk being potentially fired). All of this could be avoided with a proper training structure.

BUT to be fair, Logical Position does do good work in online marketing. and is a good company to work for, for what it is. I think tweaking the pay and training would go a very long way for this company.

Would I recommend working here? Maybe as a first job, yes.
  more... Especially if you still live at home. But if you're renting or own a home and have other bills to pay, ask your self... "will the 12 dollars an hour I'll likely be making be enough?" before accepting.  less
Pros
Management was great. Co-workers were awesome. Lots of company perks (free coffee, food, etc.)
Cons
Tough to actually make sale. Commission structure unfair. Company dishonest about potential salary.
Hard to make money here
Digital Marketing Specialist - Sales (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 27, 2018
Great people, good managers, but it's very hard to make money here. A "sale" is basically luck of the draw. I only worked there for a month and six people left, mostly due to pay/advancement opportunities. Maybe a good first job out of college but definitely nothing more than that.
Pros
Free coffee, cool people, relaxed atmosphere, flexible time off
Cons
Pointless meetings everyday, terrible pay, cold calling all day
Working At Logical Position Is Life-Changing!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORMarch 2, 2018
When it comes down to the bottom line, Logical Position is one of the best decisions I've ever made. At most office jobs you can find, you'll experience several of many cons of an office environment. Office environments can be overly formal, uncomfortable, intimidating, redundant, with limited opportunities and creative outlets to be who you were meant to be. Logical Position does not fit into these cons that come with most office roles.

At Logical Position, the traits that make you who you are don't set you behind, but are celebrated and treasured. If you can bring something to the table that no one else does, your coworkers and management at LP will make you feel appreciated. While many of LP's employees have similar goals, hobbies and interests, there is a plethora of personalities and traits that make it a melting pot of characters that make life interesting.

LP is a lucrative place to be, and that can be applied to many areas. First and foremost, there is earning potential that makes compensation more competitive than many comparable companies. But it's more than just money. LP rewards hard work and loyalty. There are opportunities to grow in your role at the company, and that is one of the most valuable things a career can yield.

The culture and atmosphere at LP are second-to-none. This is simply the best place to be if the workplace atmosphere is something you value. I wake up on Monday morning many weeks legitimately excited to get into the office. There are people I work with that I miss over the weekend, and many times I just can't wait to be electrified
  more... by the atmosphere once more. My Team Lead sometimes jokes on Friday afternoons about how much he can't wait for Monday morning, but there is a lot of truth to that. It's a real honor and pleasure to be a part of such an incredible company.

Logical Position also has an after-hours program called ACES that allows employees to form into committees and plan events for their coworkers. These events breed relationships that expand upon the great working-relationships that we already have with each other. On top of that, they're extremely fun.

Wrapping up the pros, the amenities are great! It's an attractive work environment, we get free food, free snacks, free beer, and free swag all the time. At LP, you're definitely taken care of in all aspects of the expression.
Pros
Free everything!
Cons
There are no cons worth mentioning. LP is great!
Fun, competitive and supportive place to work
Internet Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2018
-Great place to work
-Very energetic, supportive atmosphere
-Cold calling is not very easy to do, but have support from coworkers and management
-Coffee and Snacks!
Pros
Free snacks and coffee, good music, fun and energetic environment
Cons
Cold calling
Best job I ever had
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 21, 2017
I absolutely love Logical Position. Best place I could've asked for in a job.
Wonderful coworkers
Great time off
Benefits
Free food all the time
I love every thing about LP
Pros
free lunch, pay, people
Cons
phone sales
An actually good sales company
Internet Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 9, 2017
It's a digital marketing company. Prospecting all day everyday. Management is very chill but they do expect you to make sales. I was let go because I wasn't able to hit quota enough. But really loved the company in the beginning.
Pros
Free breakfast on wednesdays
Advancement Opportunities
Internet Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 27, 2016
This company is one of the fastest growing companies I've ever worked for. It actually made the Inc 500 for one of the fastest growing privately owned companies last year. In the past 4 years they have built 3 separate satelite offices. That being said, those offices have obviously promoted managers from within and there are numerous opportunities for promotions.
Pros
Good base pay plus commission, monthly rewards and prizes
Cons
Training, but it's getting better
Great Company
Senior Internet Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 1, 2015
Logical Position has developed a stress free, friendly, supportive and positive environment for employees. When you start working there, you feel the camaraderie amongst the management and co-workers. This job provides a lot of room for success and growth.
Pros
Incentives, contest, and bonuses
Cons
Little training provided
Fun work environment!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Lake OswegoMay 29, 2013
This company has been a blast to work for! Not only have I made a ton of friends at work and my days fly by but the stuff we are selling actually works for our clients. I won't sell something I don't stand behind and the way they have developed their services really works. My clients call me all the time telling me how happy they are that they started with us!
Pros
Fun, good training, opportunity for advancement, great commission structure
Cons
This is a sales position so if you don't like sales this won't be a good fit.
Great place to work!
Sales  (Current Employee) –  Lake oswego May 28, 2013
I saw a bad review on here and felt compelled to post. This is the best company I have ever worked for. They put the employees and clients first and know the business inside and out. 5 stars!!
Pros
Great people and great company
Cons
Not enough strawberry cream cheese in fridge
Logical Position
Internet Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJanuary 6, 2013
cold calling short days but long time of working . you learn to speak more demanding and assertive. co workers are good. hardest part of job is to be turned down alot on phone. most exciting part is to make quota.
Pros
commission
Cons
being turned down alot.
sales suck
Internet Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  beaverton oregonDecember 28, 2012
a crooked company trying to swindle customers into shotty internet marketing
Pros
bought us lunch during training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logical Position. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

See reviews about

Ratings from women

4.0InHerSight Score

4.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight