Logistics Management Institute Employee Reviews

Fine
Facilities Planner (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CANovember 8, 2018
Great if you love reading about policies and procedures! If you're working with them and supporting the military, plan to do a lot of that as they set you up in the highly bureaucratic system. Once things were more sorted out in the system it was not my favorite job ever but I rarely had to stay late, the job tasks were very straightforward, and my team members were pretty great and for the most part we really worked well together. I'm sure it's different now because about half of us left that team to move on to other contract positions or FT jobs elsewhere.
Work ethic is good
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAOctober 12, 2018
They train you to work hard and fast, but also accurately. Very friendly and thoughtful people. Even though it is work, they try to have fun while also maintaining a good work ethic.
Great Pay but advancing is hard especially if you work off-site
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 13, 2018
Needs have better career pathway mapped with specific milestones to hit coupled with appropriate mentors. Typical day at work consisted of reviewing calendar maybe followed by a meeting. Thereafter the rest of the day would be filled with various client engagements whereby multiple projects would be addressed with regard to their respective phases. At the conclusion of the day I documents the highlights of the days events i.e. accomplishments, due outs and any concerns,.
Pros
travel and collaborate with other companies
Cons
no career track
Fun workplace with ping pong
Moving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 4, 2018
I enjoy working there
I was always on time everyday Monday through Friday they love my work they always call me in sometimes for over times on Saturdays and I always say yes my evaluations was always good I am always respectful to the people that I work with While hours working for them I was always independent and when I needed help I will always ask The carpool was excellent I didn't even have to drive my car to work
Average US Employer
Systems Administrator III/Junior DBA (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2018
LMI is staffed by wonderful people whom really pull together to help day in and day out. A family away from our actual families is not an inappropriate way of describing most working relationships. The work is intellectually stimulating and challenging as well as rewarding if you like to be challenged. Unfortunately, who you know and politics determines business and HR decisions more than any other factor, even to the point of regular unethical practices being conducted and blind eyes turned towards. This is unconsciously encouraged by all leadership, not just upper, whom understandably wish to please clients, but there is almost never acknowledgement of the need to balance what clients want (as always for free) with what is reasonable, logical, efficient, paid for by the client, and/or even legal.

The people and the work itself are the biggest reasons I stayed as long as I have, but non-technical persons making decisions without consulting technical SMEs, finances driving every decision with short-term views rather than long-term analysis of cost, and nepotistic cutthroat office (and actual) politics rule decision-making while those whom actually do the work are perpetually overwhelmed, underpaid, and underappreciated.

If money and/or work-life balance are important to you do not work here. If challenging work and friendly co-workers are more important, then LMI may be right for you.
Pros
Great people, stimulating and challenging work
Cons
Meetings all day long culture, money rather than logic driving decision-making
If you're young and ambitious, don't work here
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJuly 20, 2018
- If you want an OK salary and a place to fly under the radar and/or do impactless work, LMI is the spot!
- You get promoted if you're in right place at the right time; has little to nothing to do with merit. Zero career tracking/progression offered to early career professionals.
Excellent colleagues, leadership, and impactful work
Program Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tysons, VAMay 31, 2018
Re-organized into leaner service lines and market areas to leverage current and emerging commercial best practices thereby making even more significant contributions towards public sector management.
Professional atmospshere
Resident Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Tysons, VAMay 5, 2018
Great management and professional environment! Daily work was very productive and very enjoyable. A lot of opportunities to broaden individually and meet expectations.
wonderful
Research Fellow, Systems Development (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 20, 2018
these reviews are killing me. i don't remember about the company because i worked there 10 years ago. they made great corned beef and hash and bacon on wednesday. that was the best.
Good work life balance
Co-op Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 12, 2018
Work life balance is a priority and appreciated for those with a family. Management could be better, but re-organization within the company is addressing the problems voiced by many employees.
overall good company to work for
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 15, 2018
Manager was bipolar and very hostile. HR was not supportive of employee concerns. High turnover due to management. Overall good company, great co-workers.
Pros
Great co-workers, friendly environment
Cons
rather keep a bad manager over good employees
Excellent work environment with free coffee
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 13, 2018
Good work environment and lots of young professionals. Most contracts are interesting and challenging. But like all consultants need to find contracts to work on or you are let go.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Glass walls, no privacy
Good company with great benefits
Senior Subcontracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Good company with great benefits, but lack of career advancement. Relaxed work environment and culture but tight circles. Flexible hours, and great work life balance.
Great place
Contracts Manager - Tysons, VA, USA (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Great company with good benefits. Relaxed environment but fast paced at times. Good work life balance, reasonably flexible hours. Great co-workers and management.
Pros
Great benefits, good salary
Great Company Poor Management
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Fantastic company with fabulous benefits. Unfortunately, the department I worked in was very "clique-like" and the manager had absolutely no people skills. Unless you are one of her friends, you are constantly criticized even when you are told you are doing a good job and getting commendable reviews from the people you support. The employee before me had the same experience. Management also refused to promote another long-time employee in the department who is doing a great job, yet those in the "clique" get lots of opportunities. Also, lots of ears listening and reporting back to management instead of being adults and minding their own business. Forced to quit because I refused to be abused.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Unfair Management
Good Company
SASMO/FSE (Former Employee) –  Tysons, VADecember 30, 2017
LMI is a good company to work for. Very good benefits and good management. When I originally accepted the position I was aware of the limited time. Unfortunately, when a good opportunity presented itself, I had to take it. Other wise I would still be with LMI.
Pros
Gret Benefits
Cons
None that I can think of.
Government Subcontracts Consultant Temp
Subcontracts Administrator Consultant Temp (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 23, 2017
A typical day was data entry; and asking the Contracts Administrators questions about the data entry, if applicable
I learned about setting up an electronic database for contracts
Management was helpful when I had questions
Workplace culture - I was not that involved with it, since I was one of two or three temps hired just to get the data entry done
The hardest part of the job - I wanted to be converted to a full time employee, in a CA or SCA role, with benefits.
The most enjoyable part of the job - the commute; the beautiful new office
Decent job
SAP Data Specialist - DFPS Team (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAOctober 4, 2017
Decent job with average pay and benefits. Hit or miss with the quality of managers. Very minimal availability for advancement... tight pyramid shaped company.
Productive place to work
Logistics Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJuly 31, 2017
It was a very challenging work experience, a lot of travel but fun. Ninety % of force were veterans, fast track learning job. Travel to a lot of places and support a lot of units.
Pros
good leaders
Cons
n/a
Productive and Fun Work Place
Project Manager & Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2017
A top notch Environmental Consulting Firm who truly cares about Employees and help them grow professionally. A Friendly Environment, a lot of diversified projects to work on and overall a great company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logistics Management Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about