Logistics Management Institute

Logistics Management Institute Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA37 reviews
Supportive Environment
Very supportive environment and management team when needed to navigate challenges on the project. Lots of interaction and subject matter sharing is available across teams.
Not all that glitter is gold...
Management disengaged, rarely understand the level of effort needed to provide exceptional costumer service. Other senior team members act as management without the responsibility and accountability.
Excellent people and work conditions
I was only person working for LMI that worked on that project. I worked by myself with other contractors. My supervisors at LMI were excellent to work for, as long as I worked for them I had no issues nor did they with me.
Worst company I have ever worked for
I have worked for multiple companies including Booz Allen Hamilition and Accenture Federal. This was hands down the worst company I have ever worked for. I will never leave to go to a smaller company again after this.

I was brought on in May 2019 and told the contract was through March 2020 and they were expecting extension. Once I started I found out the contract was really only through July of 2019. The contract was extended through September 2019, and then the company lost re compete in September 2019. When a future employee asks a date that a contract goes through you should be commuting the date the contract is through not the date your hoping the government will extend you through.

After we lost re compete no communication was provided to me on next steps, so I looked for new work outside the company after being told by my PL (manger) there was no internal site for applying to jobs in the company. I later found out from there amazing security officer there was a site, but that was little to late.

LMI asks for two weeks notice, so when I decided to leave after being lied to about the contract length I provided two weeks noticed. At that time I was told hit the road and was not paid out my two week notice.

The contracting world is small world and I’ll never forget what both this company and the people in my line of management did to me.

HR tried to look like they were helpful but did nothing. No one ever apologized for the lie I have in writing in an email on the length of the contract.

If you ever get job offer from this company in National Security
 - more...
Pros
Good pay
Cons
HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT in national security group
Limited commitment to employees from assumed from prior contractor.
Limited commitment to employees from assumed from prior contractor. Assumed employees probably have higher salaries than new employees so there is a financial incentive to subtly favor them.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Be careful what you step into - it may not be what it appears to be!
They hire professionals "strategically" without having substantive work for them, hoping the new work will come via business development, but when it does not, they let folks go. Management is ambitious about growth, without due regard to employee experience and satisfaction, leading to high turnover and abrupt departures.
Pros
Na
Cons
Expect to work overtime and weekend without compensation.
Awesome Company
Great benefits. Employees are well compensated. The benefits package is one of the best. I would definitely recommend others to work here. HQ location is perfect. Staff and leadership are ALWAYS super friendly.
Incredible experience
• Collaborated in an initiative to develop a capabilities catalog for the Department of Defense which allowed users to finds alternative solutions to fill urgent needs.
• Completed a number of LMI sponsored courses including the Defense Logistics Training Seminar, Introduction to Project Management and Contract Execution.
Pros
Learning environment, collaboration
Cons
Only temporary
ok
OK place to work. Lacks organizational structure. Difficult to receive proper training if you're new to the position. Disconnect b/t employees and their roles/responsibilities.

Collegiate atmosphere where everyone treats each other with respest (for the most part).
Experience
Serves as Lead Senior Logistics Analyst for the Mobile and Centric Agent Systems (MACS) Program Portfolio. The MACS portfolio consist of 6 individual technology focused acquisition programs: Cross Border Tunnel Threat Program (CBTT), Agent Portable Surveillance System (APSS), Small Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS), Linear Ground Detection System (LGDS), Mobile Vehicle Surveillance System (MVSS) and Winch Aerostat Small Platform (WASP). Team Lead for 5 senior and junior Acquisition Program Managers (APMs) dedicated to each assigned program and or system. Provide oversight on all analytical efforts defining support requirements for comparative systems and defining alternative support concepts. Prepare logistic support requirements documents, Program Management Documentation (PMD), Integrated Life Cycle Sustainment Plans, Maintenance Transition Plans (CLS to Organic), Technical Demonstration and other logistics support documents. Attend various meetings such as System Engineering Working Group (SEWG), Integrated Product Team (IPT) Meeting, Test and Evaluation Meeting, for all supported programs. I am also responsible for the following: Provide input to contract requirements for life-cycle support, test and evaluation (T&E) master plans, life cycle cost estimates (LCCE), and project management plans (PMP); Develop plans and metrics for maintenance and repair requirements, including performance-based logistics (PBL) and reliability-centered maintenance (RCM); Develop strategies to optimize system performance and best metrics to assess reliability, availability, maintainability (RAM) - more...
Pros
Flexible work schedules
I had a great time
I greatly enjoyed my time at LMI (and still do). I'd just really like to get away from the DC area and move away to a lifestyle more akin to what I've grown up with, and more rural. If LMI could meet that bill, then great!
Pros
Compensation, truly feel a sense of belonging
Cons
Not really, anyway
Work ethic is good
They train you to work hard and fast, but also accurately. Very friendly and thoughtful people. Even though it is work, they try to have fun while also maintaining a good work ethic.
If you're young and ambitious, don't work here
- If you want an OK salary and a place to fly under the radar and/or do impactless work, LMI is the spot!
- You get promoted if you're in right place at the right time; has little to nothing to do with merit. Zero career tracking/progression offered to early career professionals.
Excellent colleagues, leadership, and impactful work
Re-organized into leaner service lines and market areas to leverage current and emerging commercial best practices thereby making even more significant contributions towards public sector management.
Professional atmospshere
Great management and professional environment! Daily work was very productive and very enjoyable. A lot of opportunities to broaden individually and meet expectations.
Place to grow straight out of college or grad school.
LMI is a great place to start your career, but opportunities to grow is dependent on contract wins. Salary doesn't match the work or position. Other consulting firms pay better. The saying here goes "LMI raises great leaders for other companies."
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Salary
wonderful
these reviews are killing me. i don't remember about the company because i worked there 10 years ago. they made great corned beef and hash and bacon on wednesday. that was the best.
overall good company to work for
Manager was bipolar and very hostile. HR was not supportive of employee concerns. High turnover due to management. Overall good company, great co-workers.
Pros
Great co-workers, friendly environment
Cons
rather keep a bad manager over good employees
Good company with great benefits
Good company with great benefits, but lack of career advancement. Relaxed work environment and culture but tight circles. Flexible hours, and great work life balance.
Great place
Great company with good benefits. Relaxed environment but fast paced at times. Good work life balance, reasonably flexible hours. Great co-workers and management.
Pros
Great benefits, good salary
Great Company Poor Management
Fantastic company with fabulous benefits. Unfortunately, the department I worked in was very "clique-like" and the manager had absolutely no people skills. Unless you are one of her friends, you are constantly criticized even when you are told you are doing a good job and getting commendable reviews from the people you support. The employee before me had the same experience. Management also refused to promote another long-time employee in the department who is doing a great job, yet those in the "clique" get lots of opportunities. Also, lots of ears listening and reporting back to management instead of being adults and minding their own business. Forced to quit because I refused to be abused.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Unfair Management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Logistics Management Institute. Our community is ready to answer.
Logistics Management Institute Reviews by Job Title