Loma Linda University Health Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Poor Work Environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 17, 2018
My typical day of work is stressful every employee has trouble working as a team, they have strong bad attitudes. They do don't follow by what Loma Linda beliefs are. The environment I currently in is hustle and embarrassing.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short staff always, never can really take a lunch, management doesn't care
Very fast paced
Commercial Contracts Collector (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 14, 2018
Very friendly, but very fast paced. If you fall behind in you work. Thats not good. Must be focused. Holidays are more relaxed. They provide lunches during the holidays.
Pros
During the holidays its more relaxed. Very festive
Cons
Short lunches due to work schedule.
Christian centered
Clinical Lab Scientist 3rd shift Microbiology (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CA 92354July 13, 2018
Loma Linda is a great organization but high turn over of employees bec of lower than average pay scale. Only reason I'm leaving is because I got my PhD in Epidemiology degree last year and there is no opening here for that career.
Pros
8 units of tuition and $300/year continuing educ is reimbursed
Cons
lower than average pay
Love working Here
Financial Counselor I (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 11, 2018
I'm very glad I have been given the opportunity to work at LLU. I got a good department. The people are very kind and almost everyone is a team player. I really enjoy what i do here there computer system is up to date and easy to use. You can really see the difference of how the staff interacts here, compared to other medical groups I've worked at they truly do care about their patients. Everyone is there to help and there is an overall Happy Work Environment.
Pros
Happy People, Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Relaxed easy environment.
ACCELERATOR OPERATOR AIDE (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 8, 2018
Excellent place to work, great coworkers and environment. I learned a lot through Proton Therapy and have the opportunity to make connections through various different outside research companies.
I was fortunte enough to have a great group to work with and for.
Patient account representative (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 7, 2018
My team was a great team to be on. Everyone was so nice and caring. We all helped each other as needed with no complaint. I became the trainer in just a few month of working there. My manager was by far the best manager I have had in all my career. I hated leaving when I did.
This is a great Company.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 6, 2018
I love working for this Company. It is great place learn and grow in your Career. I worked in several departments. I've worked in the Outpatient Department and Inpatient Therapy Depts.
Pros
Great place learn and grow in your Career.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Good place
Patient Transporter/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 6, 2018
Awesome hospital good place to move forward in life. There's a lot of friendly staff and a lot of people to motivate you and help you with your career goals.
Productive place to work
Medical Records Clerk 1 (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 4, 2018
Employees weren’t always nice if you weren’t seven day Adventist. People from their church got preferential treatment. Easy job with room to grow. Better supervision would’ve been a plus.
Pros
Healthy meal options
Cons
Short breaks
Temp assignment (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJuly 3, 2018
I worked a temp assignment at LLUMC and it was a great experience, the unfortunate part was the person came back and although they keep me on an additional 4 months, they couldn't jeep me
Pros
Cons
No real meat in the cafeteria
I.S. Innovation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 30, 2018
I enjoy working at Loma Linda because positive change really seems to flow from leadership. It is exciting to work in an environment where although everyone may not always agree, the common denominator seems to be that nearly everyone wants what's best for the organization.
stressful
HMO, PPO, Medi-cal, Medicare Liaison (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 28, 2018
Was a very stressful and uncomfortable company. I did not enjoy this job but I did enjoy my supervisor. She did her best to make it better but was always overruled by her superiors.
Great company
LVN (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 25, 2018
Best experience. Promoted independence in a great working environment. Great meetings with opportunity for learning. Would go back to work for LLUMC any day.
Salary
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 18, 2018
My only issue with Loma Linda is the pay raise and the salary they under pay their secretaries, but overall the environment and management are super nice.
The day to day was great.
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 18, 2018
Working at LLUMC was a was great place to work. The people were nice and great to work with. The workplace and culture was very fast pace, the hardest part of the job was we were always busy and seeing the sick patients wait so long.
Pros
Cons
Great place
Good Health Care
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 18, 2018
Working at Loma Linda you are offered their insurance Benefits which I really liked , because I believe Loma Linda is a excellent hospital with good doctors.
Excellent
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 11, 2018
I love working with loma linda children's hospital. Good environment to grow and learn at. The hospital is very nice and clean and they one of the best management teams out there.
Enjoyable part of the job
FULLTIME 40 (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 8, 2018
I interact with the family. Together we care for the pt and communicate with each other. My supervisor is always available for any questions or concerns that I may have and will do her best to resolve any issues.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
Low base pay.
loma linda is a well ran organization
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJune 7, 2018
loma linda has treated me well the two years ive been working here. i recommend anyone who is looking to find a career in the medical field to give it a shot and experience the culture of loma linda
Great place to learn and grow as a nurse with opportunity to earn advanced degree using tuition reimbursement benefit.
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  MICUJune 4, 2018
I have enjoyed working here. The pay rate is less than other comparable nearby hospitals, but the benefit package and Christian mission make up for it. I am only searching to decrease my commute time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loma Linda University Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight