Loma Linda University Health Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
I wouldn't go back
WOUND/OSTOMY RN (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 20, 2018
R/T Murrieta campus only. Co-workers were great, but quality care was less of a priority than making as much money as possible. To be fair, it is getting to be like that at most hospitals.
Pros
Beautiful facility
Cons
Cafeteria is terrible
Loma Linda Murrieta is a great place to work.
Human Resources Assistant - Full-time (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 17, 2018
The people here at wonderful to work with. The culture is great and it is fun to come to work everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers.
My home away from home
Clinical Nurse B (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAMay 17, 2018
I love working here. The culture is a nurturing environment, with so many support staff that I almost always felt safe as a nurse. My coworkers were smart, and engaged. My managers were interested in me. I miss working here. I would go back if I could.
Pros
Support staff, coworkers, epic, management
Cons
I can't think of one.
Management extremely poor especially Revenue Cycle
Project Manager, Revenue Cycle (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAMay 16, 2018
Revenue Cycle leadership and management extremely poor. Do not respect staff or value staff. Compensation was good but i would not recommend working for revenue cycle. Work is definitely impaired by management incompetence.
Pros
Good Culture, good compensation
Cons
Management, job security
Long days, no off-site work arrangements or use of closer facility
Analyst (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 16, 2018
Centered in major congested area, touts work life balance but only offers minimum state requirements for rest periods and is not forward thinking in technology options. Work environment is school yard mentality.
Pros
Low health care costs
Cons
Healthcare limited to their own facility & sometimes doesn't cover their own high fees
Lots of opportunities to learn in most units.
Staff Nurse, Cardiac ICU (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAMay 15, 2018
Very progressive workplace. Many opportunities for advancing your knowledge or education. Charge nurse was always very supportive. Work loads were average with frequent requests for overtime work.
Pros
Wonderful teaching hospital
Cons
Lower pay than the surrounding hospitals
I am a volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAMay 9, 2018
Great place to see if the hospital environment is the right place for you. Expectations are not always like reality. Working in a hospital is nothing like you see in on TV, but can be even more rewarding.
busy and friendly place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAMay 7, 2018
I enjoy working for Loma Linda for 3 years but had to move out of town. They had the best working schedule. Everyone was always very nice to me. I will re-apply as soon I move back to San Bernardino.
Managers Review
Transpotation Manager (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAMay 3, 2018
There is a carrot they dangle to keep you dedicated. The employees are the greatest people ever. The upper Management is unstable and indecisive. True recognition for project is usually misdirected. To many people hide behind a faith they true don't have and miss use that angle for personnel gain.
Started as a trainee ended as a purchaser, much knowledge was attained
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAMay 3, 2018
Loma Linda Health Care provided me an excellent opportunity to grow as an employee and an individual to exceed in my goals to be an exploratory employee in all areas.
Pros
Excellent Training Opportunities.
Cons
Pharmacy was lacking a more productive structured environment to be more productive.
pca
CHILD LIFE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAMay 2, 2018
It was a great environment for learning. The staff is nice and helpful. I would recommend this hospital for employment.
The workplace culture depends on the department where you work.
Love my job.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAApril 29, 2018
Love working in the children's hospital! The staff and nurses are so nice and willing to pass on knowledge. Teamwork is a big thing around here. You are able to transfer to different units after a year of employment here and coming to children's was the best thing I could have done. I love my job.
Pros
teamwork, benefits
Cons
short breaks
Great place
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAApril 25, 2018
Everyone works as a team to help every patient. Working NOC shift the nurses would always check up on each other making sure everyone was okay and not falling asleep on the job.
Positive work enviroment
LOMA LINDA VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAApril 20, 2018
It is usually busy in playroom but when it is a slow day we stop by to each patients room to see if they need anything. The kids are always greeting you with a smile.
Pros
Makes you feel like you are making a difference in someone's life.
Cons
Fast pace and able to move up.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAApril 17, 2018
I have worked for Loma Linda health system for 10 years plus. I have enjoyed the people I have met and I recommend working for Loma Linda Health Care where you have an opportunity to grow.
A good productive place to work
Customer Service Rep/Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAApril 17, 2018
I had a really good experience working at Loma Linda Hospital learned new things and to work with a new system. It's a great company to work for and have a future.
Good place to work, especially to get the experience you need for better paying companies
Receiver/forklift operator/shipper (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAApril 12, 2018
A nice place to work , a 7 day Adventist company . Most employees are nice and considerate like they are supposed to be, but of course there are always exceptions. A lot of departments are understaffed , so expect to be quite busy, especially with the entry level jobs
Pros
Health/vision/dental insurance are good, usually good job security
Cons
one of the lowest paying for any position you get in Southern California
Nice place to work
Feild Service Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAApril 9, 2018
Relaxed environment working with (mostly) friendly and helpful individuals. Laid back management. Do your work and don't take advantage of not being micro managed and all will be well.
Pros
People, Management
Cons
Slow, inventory issues, unorganized
poor supervisor
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAApril 2, 2018
need manager to be more involved with all the labs and raises need to be a number one thing for workers
other positons that dont require to be certified are getting better pay
Great medical facility
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAMarch 28, 2018
Great facility to work with for medical professional. Career path is not as great for business professionals. The people are generally good to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loma Linda University Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight