Loma Linda University Health Employee Reviews

medical surgical unit.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJanuary 16, 2019
great place to work. this hospital was a teaching hospital so I was able to learn alot here. sent me to classes to help me promote myself into the job. all staff was exceedingly helpful to me to get oriented to my surroundings orientations was the greatest.
Pros
great teaching hospital and team work
Cons
travel assignment
Low pay rate
Data Support Clerk - FT (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Company does not pay for holidays. Holidays are paid out of your paid leave accumulated/earned hours, not from the company itself. Pay rate does not coincide with the workload and the cost of living.
Pros
Cons
Low pay rate
Favors women, you are treated like a data entry machine
Office support services (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAJanuary 3, 2019
The polotics of the place is crazy! A bunch of menopausal women who make up gossip. I was done dirty there 2 times. After the second time, I had to resign. No self-respecting man should work at the access center or financial services
Pros
Benefits, religion at work
Cons
Low pay, nepotism, office politics, empty promises, you are expecting to be happy with this job
Poor management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 3, 2019
When you get hurt they screw you over. Horrible place to work ,management is horrible. Pay is decent but like any where else staff deserves more. Company is a multi billion dollar company but yet should be paying there employees a lot more. They should not handle there own works comp cases such horrible people in risk management.
Great Company
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CADecember 26, 2018
Helps in advancement of career and education. Management is great with schedules, flexible when needed. Self Scheduling, tons of employment resources.
very productive and a good place for learning
Graduate Assistant (GA) (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CADecember 24, 2018
My typical day at work would be helping out Ph.D. students on their research. We would be their subjects during their pilot studies and help them collect data and navigate the new devices they used for the first time.
Good place to train
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CADecember 20, 2018
Loma Linda is a good place to train for different procedures the only thing I did not like was that if you were not a part of the "in crowd" you got treated differently. Some of the charge nurses thought it was ok to have favorites that did not have to do as much as others. They also were not reprimanded for making sexual comments toward other staff members.
Its Ok, Not the best. No pension plan
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CADecember 18, 2018
Heavy work load for an old building with minimal staff. We work entirely too hard for the amount of pay in comparison to other hospitals in area. Admin expects to be taken care of first before patients needs. You can do 1000 things right and handle your work as efficiently as possible. However all it takes is someone having a bad day to file a complaint about their interaction with you not being satisfactory and it all that goes away. You won't be praised for the awesome work you do behind the scenes but you will be spoken to when you name is brought up in an unfavorable fashion. They will preach to you that there is no money and can't afford to pay higher wages but they are always growing and building new sites and taking over other practices.
Pros
Once a year they have a benefit fair and hand out free items
Cons
If you're not SDA you will never be upper management no matter how good or qualified you are.
Has potential but a work in progress.
Emergency Room Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CADecember 16, 2018
The hardest part of my job was expecting a new hospital to grow and progress at a reasonable rate. I felt like the hospital was challenged with a population too large for it to manage. The employees seemed motivated to provide excellent care for the community and at times we all felt defeated.
Pros
I loved my co-workers and the patient population.
Cons
Not enough resources.
FSW (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CADecember 8, 2018
Busy days at work always employee and customer arounds working in fast work place environment county inspection are always on top of things we donour best to provide for all that come in
Stressful, micromanaged.
Financial Clearance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CADecember 8, 2018
Management creates a negative environment, they only reprimand when things are going bad and when things are good they never acknowledge it. They tend to want to motivate you by saying "plenty of people are willing to do the job", like saying of you ain't happy you can leave. They treat employee's like robots. Under paid for the never ending work they want to keep adding onto you.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management/low pay.
Focused on Seventh Day Adventist Staff only
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CADecember 3, 2018
My supervisor was awesome! However all management was a part of the religion. You cannot promote unless you change gods or become a doctor. You will be paid minimally. The culture is based on favoritism not education. And they do not give discounts for employees families to attend the college. They do have tuition reimbursement. People die in charge there so if the hope is for your evil manager to retire, forget it.
Human resources is terrible as well. They are not helpful, and they are liars. They are merciless unless you can prove to be a part of their religion. They do not have a union for that reason. All departments are governed differently. My department only allowed a maximum of $0.60 max annually. Some coworker only got $0.30 annually. It is truly a learning hospital. Learn to work for a place with a union!
Pros
Cons
using religion to manipulate
Work culture
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  NICUDecember 3, 2018
The primary reason employees stay is the work culture. Teamwork is a very important part of the work culture which is also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Er
Emergency Department Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CADecember 2, 2018
Overall, this isn't a bad place to work. The ER is incredibly busy and often times patients are placed in hallway beds. Like most hospital units, it is understaffed. Bonus is given for working extra shifts, and management is fairly understanding with work-life balance.
Great place to work. Heavy work loads. Always busy!
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 1, 2018
Very friendly work environment. They are very family oriented. Your colleagues become family. low pay and workload is heavy. You are always busy and with low pay and workload makes it difficult. Promotion is sometimes based on favoritism and not by hard work. I did Absolutely loved the people I worked with though!
Pros
Benefits, Pto, friendly colleagues
Cons
Workloads, pay, favoritism
Good place to start
Out Patient Commercial Collector (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CANovember 23, 2018
Good company, solid responsibilities. Have monthly meetings, and AR worklist are to be met by end of week. Threshold must be met and kept under 3k. Downfall is pay is pretty bad and most employees don't get raises even after 5plus years working there. Only great benefit is the work schedule. Mon-Thu you can choose to come in anytime from 7:30 - 8:30 and it can fluctuate day to day and Friday 8:00 - 2:00
Wonderful Place to Grow as a Healthcare Professional
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CANovember 20, 2018
Loma Linda Unversity Medical Center offers opportunities to learn and grow as a healthcare professional from the culture in the work setting to addition education and training.
good
Histotechnician (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CANovember 19, 2018
I enjoy working here. I'm not looking to leave, not without incentive.
I've learned and improved my skills as a professional. i find the work environment to be particularly pleasing.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
PDL is in short supply
Operating room RN (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CANovember 17, 2018
Direct management was great for the OR, but upper management for the hospital has changed every year for the past six years that the hospital has been open. Over all the hospital is good but the ER has some major challenges to over come.
Inclusive culture with room for management improvement.
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CANovember 11, 2018
Loma Linda is a great place to work. The environment and helpful and hopeful. Colleagues are supportive. Working in an environment that allows for collaboration among multidisciplinary teams is enlightening. There is, of course, always room for improvement. Management focus is on quantitative numbers to the detriment of qualitative time with patients on occasion. Benefits are comprehensive and the pay is adequate, but could be better. Over all, Loma Linda University Medical Center promotes well being among employees and patient's alike.
Pros
Wholeness programs career development, patient care.
Cons
See above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loma Linda University Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight