Loma Linda University Health Employee Reviews

Loma Linda is an organization with limitless opportunities.
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAOctober 5, 2018
Loma Linda Medical Faculty patient billing office was the best opportunity for a recent grad. It provides training and many job options. It provides tuition for their university and helps with job advancement.
ABC Program
Summer Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAOctober 4, 2018
I worked at Loma Linda through the ABC Program. I did research on cardiovascular physiology, specifically on the effects of hypoxia on MLCK degradation.
Fast paced, service orientated organization
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CASeptember 24, 2018
This is a fast paced environment, where no day is the same. There is a great team spirit feeling throughout the hospital. The management excels at working around personal life situations. There is plenty of room for growth, and excellent work performance is always recognized. My primary roll was answering phone requests from various departments throughout the hospital. And as such, my favorite part of my job was the daily interactions I had with the hospital staff and departments.
As a christian organization, Loma Linda University Medical Center always displays positive attitude towards the teachings of Jesus Christ to make every man whole.
Fast Pace
internal (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CASeptember 20, 2018
Good work environment in the office. Growing business with high expectations from all employees. Patient oriented and number based. Great health benefits.
Unstable work environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Medical CenterSeptember 19, 2018
The Upper Management is unfortunately unstable, since opening hospital in 2011 they are on their 5th CEO, 3rd CNO, and 4th CFO.
While they preach wholeness and compassion they do not live by their values. They are known for eliminating positions ranging from unit secretaries to directors just to rehire at a later time. They lack supporting and encouraging their management team so they can grow. They don't invest time in the leadership to ensure they will be successful. Very unfortunate that management is always on edge anticipating if and when they will be next. It's currently a scary feeling to know your job isn't secure. They have good people however they continue to eliminate positions like the Directors of OR, L&D, Respiratory, and House support. How do you eliminate an OR Director for a hospital? If your lower level, or a nurse for sure your safe. They never have enough so you are safe. Otherwise a great place to work
Pros
Discounts in cafeteria and gift shop
Cons
They constantly eliminate positions from bottom up, dont feel like a stable environment
Wonderful Environment
CRITICAL CARE NURSE PRATITIONER (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CASeptember 18, 2018
I've only worked at LLU for a couple of months, but the welcoming from everyone has been extremely pleasant. I was nervous about transitioning to a new hospital, because of the reputations of the healthcare industry to "eat their young" and bully others. I found this to never be the case at LLU. From my first day, the hospital has truly served as an institution focused on providing education and doing what's best for each patient.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Rather isolated.
Great place to work.
DOCUMENT IMAGING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  101 W Redlands blvd. san bernardino, caSeptember 18, 2018
This is a great place to work I work in medical records it has its ups and downs but alot of challenges and rewards. I highly recommend LLU. There are many skills i have learned here especial team work and deadlines. There are many documents that are required to memorize. and many different levels of medical records to learn especially onbase.
Pros
hours were long but we have 3 day weekends
Cons
dress code should be a uniform.
Employee appreciation day (awesome)
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CASeptember 18, 2018
Most of the people are lay back . You have your few that are in your business, but overall it is the best place I ever worked . Loved my boss, some of the adventist are rude, but not most. Very good place to work. Great pay, great schedule, Get free education. Flexible work schedule, over time if wanted.
Pros
Paid education
Cons
some of the people can be in your business, not most
My Review of Loma Linda University Health
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CASeptember 17, 2018
A very good company to work for. I would like to stay If I find the position that suits my life and family needs. It would be a benefit to continue my career with this institution.
Pros
Christ centered
Cons
May have limited jobs for nurses who want to leave bedside nursing.
great environment
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CASeptember 12, 2018
great working environment with friendly management and staffs. very well planned on job training and good length of time. managements usually are very understanding and compassion toward staffs.
Pros
environment
Cons
selective advancement
Fast pace
Technical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CASeptember 8, 2018
This Organization is a very big hospital and it is a very fast pace place to work for. It has over 900 beds plus it is a trauma hospital, so always expect the unexpected.
Non- cohesive dept .
RN Special Procedures / GI (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 8, 2018
LLUMC-Murrieta is a steady workplace . Team- building is not a priority and suggestions are not valued by directors , administration.
Employees are not supported enough in their efforts to improve the department
Pros
Discounted lunches / gift shop
Cons
Not a “ team “ atmosphere ...
Always learning
Rda coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 8, 2018
Great feeling to be part of a well respected organization. Grew so much as a person.met so many people from around the world. Great benefits for the whole family.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Too much redtape
Ok
Food Service Worker/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CASeptember 7, 2018
A good place to work for a short period of time, seems like there is no advancement and the supervisors are somewhat ok, really does not follow what Loma Linda Medical Center stands for
Great place to work but unfortunately managment is mediocre
Facilities technician (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 7, 2018
Plant operator/ Facility Tech at Loma Linda University Medical Center in Murrieta. Temp and pressure readings throughout the boiler, chiller and mechanical rooms daily as well and upkeep hospital maintenance.
Perfect place to learn office work basics
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 3, 2018
Had fun learning and experiencing how to maintain an office as an office assistant and learned a lot about organization and guidelines regarding organizing, such as filing in alphabetical order and making sure all paperwork is accounted for.
Pros
Friendly people, very helpful
If you don’t mind getting.30-.35 raises
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAAugust 29, 2018
Low pay and forget about management 😒 there’s a lot of favoritism and the raises are about a year late. This is the place to get your experience and then move on
Pros
Good benefits
Na
ER-Technician (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 28, 2018
Its a good place to work, poor management, always short staffed, pay is low for the amount of work is done. Poor administration hospital is not big enough for the volume of patients seen.
good job
Hospital Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAAugust 27, 2018
In Loma Linda its a great and friendly place to work, they are not judge mental. Its a great place to get a better job opportunity and expand your experience.
Work Life Balance
First Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAAugust 25, 2018
I appreciate my time at Loma Linda as it provided me a great learning environment, although I do believe that this organization has a long way to go with regard to work life balance for the providers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loma Linda University Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight