Lompoc Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

Messed up place!
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAApril 12, 2018
The hospital is a joke. There are so many concerns that management heard from employees, but never cared to address. Security is horrible. Patient care is not a priority, money is...
Productive workplace
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJanuary 17, 2018
The CEO is a very caring man who cares about his employees. There can be a competitive atmosphere amongst the departments about who can do the best work. There were competitions around the holidays to see which department could bring in the most canned goods for charity. Sometimes that competitive nature extended into finger-pointing about who was at fault when something went wrong. Overall, it is a good place to work. The benefits package is also very good.
Pros
Free lunch on your birthday
Cons
Too much finger-pointing
Lots of amazing people there who are willing to help you if needed
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CADecember 27, 2017
Over all it’s a great place I’ve worked over at ccc and hospital both are filled with people who constantly want to help whether or not it’s a worker or a patient There’s someone there with a helping hand pays pretty Decent and benefits are great
Pros
You get to be around people of all ages you learn a lot
Cons
On your feet all day and things can start to get hectic as people come and go
The best place to work in the area
Lab (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CANovember 26, 2017
I'm really impressed with the care that the hospital treats their employees with. Hospital values and respects their workers. Being a small independent organization, there is a lot of flexibility for work/family life balance, and a lot of advancement opportunities. Also, all work related things get done very fast, easy to get an approval for job related improvements. Unique place to work. Your voice counts!
Pros
457 plan, per diem pay, vacation hours
Falling apart
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJuly 25, 2017
The management has failed the staff terribly. Firing staff with bogus accusations. Thankfully, I quit before they had the chance. It has been a mass exodus for the last few months.
Hospital Staff (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJuly 11, 2017
LVMC has a passionate and dedicated team environment. Staff members of all levels collaborate together working towards goals. i feel a great sense of pride in the work that i do, and go home feeling accomplished.

The organization has a competitive salary and benefits package.
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CA 93436June 19, 2017
Didn't receive the help needed to perform job correctly. After a year of putting in lots of extra hours and being short staffed I was let go. My position was given to another employee from another building of the District, chemical rehab center that was planning to close soon and is now closed. The person who received my position is the CEO's long time neighbor.
Pros
co-wokers
Cons
no help
Bad work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAMay 18, 2017
Management lacks integrity and are being lead by individuals who do not have the interest of the community it is supposed to serve at heart. In particular the nursing leadership has chosen to forgo the recommendations made in safety and quality by State and Federal government on the premise of fiscal responsibility, as evidenced by their recent poor CMS survey. This group of individuals may possess advanced degrees, but cannot present the facility they run to government surveyors as being in significant compliance. More importantly they cannot save a life if required to - protect your professional license and don't affiliate yourself with this district hospital
Pros
Only place to work in Lompoc
Cons
Poor employee morale, demeaning culture
Lompoc Valley Medical Center
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJune 13, 2015
As with any hospital, there is organization and flow issues. The best part of my job is the variety of jobs that I due, as well as patient and staff interaction.
Don't waste your time and talents
Executive (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CANovember 28, 2014
The Champion Center at Lompoc Hospital is poorly mismanaged by a company called Addiction Medicine. The Administrators of this company are falsely promoting a Heroes Program to treat addiction and trauma for First Responders (i.e Veterans, Police, Firefighters). An unthinkable act at a time where there is so much controversy surrounding the Veterans Administration. Sadly, to date there has been no structure, expertise, or experience put in place to deliver this type of complex treatment. Be cautious before working for a company that compromises integrity and professionalism for the compassionate work that is necessary to saves lives and put families back together!
Pros
Easy commute if you live in Lompoc
Cons
Too many to mention
Don't get comfortable if you work there
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAOctober 25, 2014
I worked there for 11 years. Been through 3 different bosses. My last boss hated the fact that I got pregnant and had to go on maternity leave. She would disrespectful to me. When I was pregnant I was working a 12 hr shift. I start ed having contractions. Called her to let her know. She said I would have to stay there to she found someone to relieve me. Luckily, the nursing supervisor was like no go doen to OB now. No one ever came to relieve me. Hospital is ran by people who have no people skills and let power go to their heads. I got fired 7 months after returning back from maternity leave. For clocking in 2-3 mins late or early. Ssd cause I worked my butt off for that hospital for 11 yrs. Coming in for people who called in. Working from 3pm-7am. And still have to come back for my regular shift @3pm. But thanks because now I'm doing better then I was working there. One door closes another opens.
Pros
close to my house
Cons
to much to say.
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CAApril 24, 2014
If you are looking for an enterprise level job in the Lompoc Valley, you will not find a better location to work at.
Pros
Clean / Modern Environment
Worse Place to Work.
Tech (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAApril 4, 2014
This Hospital is under staff, and moves unqualified staff in other departments with no experience in that department which places patient care in jeopardy. The benefits are not worth it. I paid more in benefits then I did with my previous employer. My time there never got a raise. Poor management with staff, lack of experience. Would not go there for any patient care, this hospital has a really poor and bad reputation within the county of Santa Barbara.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Lack of expereince, no leadership, poor wages and benefits.
Extremely understaffed and over-worked!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  LompocAugust 5, 2013
This hospital absolutely has no idea of how to attract staff. I have been working here a few months and I rarely work less than 50 hrs per week. The last pay period; although we are only supposed to work 80 hrs in a two week period, I worked 110 hrs! Plus we are expected to take call on week days and weekends! This is NOT by choice. We are performing the same amount work that double the staff was doing a few months ago. I really like Lompoc and the little staff we have are wonderful to work with; however, I need time with my kids. If there isn't improvement soon, I will start looking for employment elsewhere.
Pros
Beautiful hospital, great coworkers.
Cons
Extremely understaffed, lunch and 1 break although you are expected to work many hours past your 8 hr shift. No home life.

Comment – February 6, 2014

Stay away from this horrible place. I worked there in the recovery room as an RN. I gave my all to this company. We were understaffed to the point where we were taking night call 3-4 times a week and expected to come back to work the next morning. We were also expected to cover the weekends. There was no surgical director; therefore the place was horribly mismanaged by an unqualified surgery charge nurse. After a couple of months of this grueling schedule; I began having severe pain. It got to the point that I was unable to walk for a couple of days. I went to see my doctor and later was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I had even knew that I had this condition until being totally abused by this company. My doctor wrote me a note stating that I could no longer work upwards of 110 hours per pay period and asked that I be allowed to work a "normal" 3-12hr shift week and take call. The VERY next day I was FIRED! Yes, your read it right. These people who are caring for our loved ones actually brought me into the office and FIRED a woman that had it not been severely overworked would not have know that she had a chronic auto-immune disease. Get this; in firing me the way they did which is illegal by the way; with no offer to maintain my insurance, they made me go to the State of CA for medical help; putting more strain on an already over-stressed system. They need to take "care and compassion" out of their slogan. Everything I wrote here is true.

Nice place to work in,you feel that you are surrounded with your family.
Hospital Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CASeptember 15, 2012
I learned a lot in this place starting from starting from scratch ,thanks to my 2 mentors that did a great job with me.My co-workers are very friendly and we have a wonderful teamwork.
Lompoc Valley Medical Center's ups and downs
Full-time Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CASeptember 2, 2012
I've worked at LVMC for 11 years. I love what I do. I work for the Medical Records Dept., where there are mostly women of all ages employed in one aspect of the Dept. or another. Although the new building is quite attractive, it has been designed to put employees in very isolated portions of the building. Regarding management, HR seems to have been trained to be advocates for middle management and above, rather than advocating for the everyday employee. For a small town hospital, it basically meets our community's needs. The down side is the politics in the hospital that tend to divide people and/or target them, instead of rewarding its best workers with affirmation now and then.

Personally, I feel ready to change environments. I would love to work for a company that treats its employees without bias or partiality. The hardest part of my job is enduring the gossiping and behind-the-scenes putting down of my fellow employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is simply DOING my job, taking pride in doing it well, and believing that my speed and accuracy is helping to some degree the patients who are there. Many of my coworkers are a pleasure to know, but there are some who make working there an unhappy experience.
Pros
new hospital, being able to talk to the doctors personally on site, nice cafeteria.
Cons
half-hour lunch hours, few private places to go to for breaks and no pay increase for several years, though millions are being spent on new technology and lack of a sense of job security.