Lone Star Circle of Care Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXSeptember 6, 2018
It was a great way of learning. Had alot of opportunity to intract with others and get task completed. The staff was very helpful when i needed them..
Not good
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 19, 2018
Not good. Way too much work for the number of employees. Management doesn’t help when needed and it is VERY stressful.........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terrible work culture
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 5, 2018
Organization has notorious culture of bullying and intimidating employees. There is very little opportunity to advance, but positions are often "created" for individuals whom are well like by the C-Suite.
Caring and loving place to work for 100% quality service to Patients and staff
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 4, 2018
Fast pace and can be stressful at times.At Lone Star Circle of Care I got the opportunity to put all my skills to use with the help of my coworkers and staff.
Overall a great great place to work for.
to much work load
NRCMA (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 18, 2018
Always some one calling in having to cover in other clinics without asking MA if they could, delegate more work, lots of patients everyday, not enough pay
Pros
pay time off
Cons
pay and work load
Work/Life
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TX 78626April 13, 2018
Was a great place to work had some really good people working with me. However, underwent a change in management a month after I started and was not giving proper training for the role I was shifted to.
poor mangement, no advancement
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2018
fast paced, poor manage ment, poor training, no room for advacement, short saffed, has no desire to help the poor or provide quality healthcare at an affordable price
Pros
getting paid for what you worked
Cons
poor
Overall good place to work
FRONT DESK/PROGRAM ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 7, 2018
My typical work hours were M-F from 8am-5pm. Normally there was a mandatory monthly meeting for each department/clinic. I did some traveling since I lived further out from each site. I learned much about the underserved population and this clinic provided services for such. For as long as I worked here I was content and satisfied with my role. However, since I started there was very minimal supervision and interaction with management. In my first year alone, I had 4 different managers or people I was supposed to report to. It was no issue for me, because I tried to be on top of my workload and personally did not like to bother management, unless really necessary. Communication from management/company mainly happened via emails, and rarely, phone calls. There is only one annual salary raise, which depends on performance. But how do you know how well an employee is performing if management is hardly ever around? To prove yourself worthy of this 10 cent raise, make sure the numbers on the reports reflect what a great employee you are. Quantity over Quality. On the bright side, I had great co-workers and pretty much got along with everyone I came into contact with. Which in return made my job very pleasant!
Pros
free lunches (rarely)
Cons
distance to travel to other site locations
Good benifits but very cutthroat and to much bulling
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJanuary 7, 2018
I worked there for a few months and met alot of people some were very nice but unfortunately some very agressive and spiteful and petty certain clinics do not believe in team work and only look out to scree people over
Great Place
Dental Assistant in General Group Practice (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXDecember 20, 2017
When working at Lone Star, I enjoyed working with everyone. People were great, I hated leaving but I had to move due to husbands job. Wish more companies were like this.
Pros
full benefits were paid, dental was free, and doctors visits were also fully covered
upset patient
medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXOctober 6, 2017
patients get upset when providers are running behind, i keep good communication with the patient informing them when the provider with be with them and offer if they would like something to drink or anything else to make them relax.
Productive fun working environment
Pediatrics - Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 4, 2017
Long days at work, providers were cool people but were really needy. My managers were awesome. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with what the providers wanted. The best part was working with the kids and seeing how well they did and how they were growing.
Busy clinics!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2017
Poor management and overworked employees. Management does not care about employees. They expect too much from you but do not pay well. Absolutely no communication and no team work.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Management, low pay, too much work and lack of communication.
Horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 21, 2017
LSCC has a great mission for patients. When it comes to employees not so well. Yes you do get GREAT insurance benefits and PTO, but the week load is stressful. Its even more stressful when you don't have any support from your managers. If you ask for help they basically respond figure it out on your own and let me know what you find out. Really!! They offer AIDET courses for better customer service and to have a better interaction with employees. Do managers follow that process? NO! Managers in the department were I worked in where rude, didn't say good morning and will always respond in an ugly matter. When ppl would put in their 2 week notice they would get the silent treatment from managers.
Pros
Great insurance benefits, great pto
Cons
Management is horrible
Friendly and enjoyable place to work for!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 8, 2017
Lone Star Circle of care gave me the opportunity to learned and get a lot of experience on different department like pediatric, family practice, and my favorite OBGYN. The providers and the front desk personnel are amazing; we had a wonderful team.
Great Staff
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 30, 2017
I enjoy working here, but the schedule is really hard for me and my family. I am flexible and always willing to adapt to change. I like the environment that LSCC provides.
Pros
Great staff and overall facility
Cons
Schedule is not working for me and my family
serves a great need in the community
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXApril 1, 2017
Very busy clinic with 'high maintenance' patients...many people had little to no routine care.
Staff pleasant although stressful environment could easily affect some people...
Pros
clean facilities...
Cons
sometimes difficult to get a 'real' lunch break!
Excellent management.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMarch 5, 2017
Company has a lot of perks. Good pay and excellent benefits. Provides employees with extra days off over and above average.
Very organized business office with very supportive and knowledgeable management.
Behavorial health Department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 15, 2016
My day was to check in patients for their appointment for behavioral health or clinic take payments, reschedule appointments, work on their medication refills with insurance companies and pharmacy,
worked closely with providers if a issue would occur with behavioral issue that would arise.
Great opportunities for advancement
LVN Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 7, 2016
Good company to work for,great benefits and opportunities. Overall management is friendly and supportive, great schedules to manage work-home life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star Circle of Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight