Lone Star Circle of Care Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TX 78626March 7, 2019
LCSS Is terrible. I do have to say the PTO, sick leave, 401 K are terrific, but then again the management and work load is incredibly impossible. They are clicky and non communicative. The Policies are pick and choose.
Do not subject yourself to this.
Great work atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2019
I have learned many things as a medical assistant. I have grown as a MA and gained more knowledge. I love working with kids and have the patience that is required but I would love to try something new. I enjoy the people I work with who I consider more than just co workers, they are family
Pros
hour flexibility
Cons
low pay
Poor Leadership
Management (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Pro: Good pay, benefits, and PTO.

Cons: Executive and Mid Level Leaders have questionable work ethics, and also promote staff within their own cliques into roles that are out of their scope of practice, and clearly show favoritism.
love it
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXDecember 29, 2018
i love the people that work there. i think its very family oriented. Its easy to talk to anyone in the hr department and higher. i really feel that they care for us.
No work/life balance
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 5, 2018
Company is driven by quantity over quality despite what their mission says. Schedules were packed. Seeing 12 patients for counseling a day is insane and not productive to the therapist or the patient. You cannot provide effective care that way. Burnout was very evident among most if not all providers. Don't get mesmerized by the "bonus payout," it's pretty impossible to reach. I never received a productivity bonus in the 3 years I was there, and I was burnt out. Was expected to complete notes at home if needed. Weekend meetings and 7am meetings were a frequent form of punishment for not meeting goals (unless they just didn't want to disrupt billing time). If you have individual interests and goals to advance in your career, they are pretty much ignored to meet the overall goals of the department/company. No opportunities to advance unless you are favored. Positions have even been created for those who are favored. I never personally experienced intimidation and bullying but witnessed it on an almost daily basis from administration/management to some of the medical and support staff. My supervisor was very nice and tried to be supportive (as much as the company would allow) during the 3 years I was there, but during my last week...silence. Felt undervalued and that my personal life/time did not matter much. Health insurance coverage wasn't the best and 401K matching JUST began, but not until you've been there for at least 3 years....no back dating.
Pros
great pay and location; loved the patient population
Cons
no work/life balance or opportunities for career advancement - for me, that was not worth the great pay
A new adventure everyday
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXNovember 23, 2018
I love it because they push language of care and one on one with patients. and also working with people that enjoy what they do as much as I like doing what I like too.
Horrible place for IT
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXNovember 16, 2018
IT dept. is cut throat with hypocrites and poor management. The culture is the worst part as people will lie to your face and there is quite a bit of talking behind others backs including backstabbing and racism/sexism.
New hires
Medical Provider (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 28, 2018
Was told HRSA score is high enough to pay back student loans and that is NOT the case. Based on scores I did not quality for any of my loans to be repaid, and I found this out after signing a contract. Please do you research if this a driving factor for you to work here. The recruiting staff will say something different to medical doctors, and providers to bring them on.
fun workplace
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXSeptember 6, 2018
It was a great way of learning. Had alot of opportunity to intract with others and get task completed. The staff was very helpful when i needed them..
Not good
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 19, 2018
Not good. Way too much work for the number of employees. Management doesn’t help when needed and it is VERY stressful.........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was not there to long
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 22, 2018
I did like the staff and how well trained everyone is. They were all very helpful and wanted to see you succeed. Everyone was welcoming. And taught everything there is to know.
Terrible work culture
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 5, 2018
Organization has notorious culture of bullying and intimidating employees. There is very little opportunity to advance, but positions are often "created" for individuals whom are well like by the C-Suite.
Caring and loving place to work for 100% quality service to Patients and staff
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 4, 2018
Fast pace and can be stressful at times.At Lone Star Circle of Care I got the opportunity to put all my skills to use with the help of my coworkers and staff.
Overall a great great place to work for.
to much work load
NRCMA (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 18, 2018
Always some one calling in having to cover in other clinics without asking MA if they could, delegate more work, lots of patients everyday, not enough pay
Pros
pay time off
Cons
pay and work load
Work/Life
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TX 78626April 13, 2018
Was a great place to work had some really good people working with me. However, underwent a change in management a month after I started and was not giving proper training for the role I was shifted to.
poor mangement, no advancement
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 17, 2018
fast paced, poor manage ment, poor training, no room for advacement, short saffed, has no desire to help the poor or provide quality healthcare at an affordable price
Pros
getting paid for what you worked
Cons
poor
Overall good place to work
FRONT DESK/PROGRAM ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 7, 2018
My typical work hours were M-F from 8am-5pm. Normally there was a mandatory monthly meeting for each department/clinic. I did some traveling since I lived further out from each site. I learned much about the underserved population and this clinic provided services for such. For as long as I worked here I was content and satisfied with my role. However, since I started there was very minimal supervision and interaction with management. In my first year alone, I had 4 different managers or people I was supposed to report to. It was no issue for me, because I tried to be on top of my workload and personally did not like to bother management, unless really necessary. Communication from management/company mainly happened via emails, and rarely, phone calls. There is only one annual salary raise, which depends on performance. But how do you know how well an employee is performing if management is hardly ever around? To prove yourself worthy of this 10 cent raise, make sure the numbers on the reports reflect what a great employee you are. Quantity over Quality. On the bright side, I had great co-workers and pretty much got along with everyone I came into contact with. Which in return made my job very pleasant!
Pros
free lunches (rarely)
Cons
distance to travel to other site locations
Good benifits but very cutthroat and to much bulling
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJanuary 7, 2018
I worked there for a few months and met alot of people some were very nice but unfortunately some very agressive and spiteful and petty certain clinics do not believe in team work and only look out to scree people over
Great Place
Dental Assistant in General Group Practice (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXDecember 20, 2017
When working at Lone Star, I enjoyed working with everyone. People were great, I hated leaving but I had to move due to husbands job. Wish more companies were like this.
Pros
full benefits were paid, dental was free, and doctors visits were also fully covered
upset patient
medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXOctober 6, 2017
patients get upset when providers are running behind, i keep good communication with the patient informing them when the provider with be with them and offer if they would like something to drink or anything else to make them relax.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star Circle of Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Lone Star Circle of Care Reviews by Location