Lone Star Circle of Care

Lone Star Circle of Care Employee Reviews

United States80 reviews
My years spent with LCSS were good. My clinic crew was amazing, the doctors, front staff and MAs were all great!! It is very busy and often have to do tasks beyond your description.
Pros
Flexibility with schedules
It is very unorganized, nobody lasts there, for a front desk position it’s too much what they carry. Manager does not care when you put a complain. They expect you to work a lot more but when hitting over time they remove it. No raises
There is no support from management and you are belittled for your work. It is a good job to have temporarily and then to move on. The clinic itself works to do a lot for the community, but very little for its employees. Environment is toxic as well which makes it worse.
Pros
Cons
everything
Loved my job as a medical assistant learned so much from the entire staff at lake aire! Made some pretty amazing co workers who turned into friends! Would go back in a heart beat if i lives in texas again!!!
Pros
Hour lunch, great schedule
Cons
Worked some weekends
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Toxic management culture that plays favorites based on arbitrary cliques as instead of performance. They regularly put down employees and make arbitrary, ill informed decisions, believing they are are always the "smartest people in the room".

I worked 70+ hour weeks to meet deadlines for projects upper management signed us up for without any input from us on whether or not they were achievable and received nothing but insults from them for it.

HR is lead by an incompetent, angry and bullying individual. This man is solely concerned with ingratiating himself to management and bullying those he deems beneath him to boost his own fragile ego.

I worked my way up to director, but still consider this a waste of 4 years of my life. Don't make the same mistake I did. Run as far away as you can from this dumpster fire.
Pros
Good people who are dedicated to helping others in the community
Cons
Toxic management who denigrates and ultimately drives off these good people
Management in Billing Office is not approachable at all, they are fake, and untrustworthy, they plot behind your back,
If you Plan to go to HR there don’t they are no help and you will be fired soon after,

If your ask the truth about something don’t answer it, or you will be fired,

If you disagree with management favorites, don’t you will fired.

I can say as company as whole is great. I loved work for the owner, But it not worth it. All the good the company is trying to do, is over shadowed by bad management in the billing offices.
All administrators worry more about the numbers than their employees. Zero valid reasons behind their decisions. They go around questions and say they can't discuss things with employees even if it's concerning an issue you're currently facing. HR gossips and isn't helpful. The good thing was that I got along with my clinic pretty well. They were probably the best part and second was that we had some patients that were pretty sweet to us. It felt like family when the administrators weren't around.
This company is the worst place to work. Very poor management and very highly turnover. Employees are unhappy, hence they call in all the time. No support whatsoever. My only regret was having taken the job..
The position laid out concepts and expectations of being a manager and how an outpatient clinic runs. However, I've worked in healthcare for 27 yrs as a professional RN and have never experienced such a horrible group of people, including the providers. They are unprofessional, and get self satisfaction by undermining, bullying, and harassing if they feel threatened. There is no support by leadership for these types of behavior even if the providers and staff are wrong. You will be pushed to lose your sanity and self-worth.
It is a great company to work, nothing really bad to say about them. You must be open to travel and relocate to their other when they are short staff. Employees must be about to multitask and welling to do cross train for many roles in the clinic.
Not a bad place to work but no opportunity for advancement and no appreciation of skills outside of those required. Good pay and benefits but but if you aren't internally driven and self-motivated you will not be rewarded. The old CEO was a narcissist and the new one is nearly as bad. While I was there you were tracked on your cell phone through their IT department when you put your company email on your phone. I don't know if that is still the case or not. We also were made to feel guilty for taking a day off.
management was not very trust worthy, too much favoritism and broken rules in the office I was never trained by a nurse but was held accountable for things i was unaware of, I enjoyed seeing patients daily and the co workers that were always honest and respectful and all the Providers.
It was a pleasure to be part of this company, it was stressful at times but it was full with good hearted people, and providers. Good benefits, and opportunity for growth
My work environment was great. The patient's were the first priority of the practice. The coworkers made it more of a family environment. Great place to work.
Helping people, while indirectly through finance, was very rewarding. I also learned a great deal about software, healthcare informatics, and not-for-profit accounting.
It wasn't difficult at all. Occasionally I would be challenged. I am the guy who does the stuff no one else wants to do. This is usually really difficult or really easy. You know how it is.
If you can play the game the manager wants you to play, you’ll have an easy time. She has no management experience, let alone any clinical experience. She has been there almost a year and still can’t help the front desk appropriately or staff accordingly. No follow thru, lacks communication skills.
Loved my job, my providers and my MA’s. Loved the patients.
Pros
Pto, medical
Cons
Management, pay
Raises are based off surveys from patients and customers. The pay is ok I have been told that employees that does come to lone star takes a pay cut. LVN are in the clinic but it’s not really exposed of a true job description since the MAs work the floor and does everything. Never was really trained for my position as a new nurse. Other nurses came on and received training but all clinics are totally different and every employee such as MA and nurse are trained totally different so there is not much consistency within lone star.
Pros
Opportunity to input opinions, don’t have to pay copay if seeing a lone start provider with company insurance
Cons
No room for true advancement, raises are based off of surveys
Great Department, best in the company. Everyone wants to work in Billing and it’s easy to see why. Leader leads and direction is very clear. You work hard but make a difference. Goals are set high but doable. Excellence is required and easily achievable if you show up and work hard.

Excellent benefits, good hours, your manager makes the difference, be sure to request the Leader as your manager and you will be successful.
Pros
Benefits, Leader of Department, time off, refund manager
Cons
Posting staff are difficult to work with, no overtime, pay could be higher
Lone Star Circle of Care is a great place to work at and their mission speaks for itself. This company offers great benefits and ability to grow in the company. Every day is a new day to learn new things and better yourself and upper management is always supportive of your ideas on a better work environment. The staff is awesome and team work is very well used. If you’re looking for a company that helps you succeed in the healthcare field or administrative field this place is a great learning ground to gain outstanding training. I love the patients and my coworkers. It’s family oriented and they have flexible hours. Everyone is so helpful and willing to better your day and they make the patients all feel welcomed. Helping and giving families the ability to obtain medical services is definitely worth it. It’s definitely very fulfilling to be a part of this companies growth.
Pros
Great staff! Awesome benefits and great company culture
Cons
LCSS Is terrible. I do have to say the PTO, sick leave, 401 K are terrific, but then again the management and work load is incredibly impossible. They are clicky and non communicative. The Policies are pick and choose.
Do not subject yourself to this.