Lone Star College Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 254 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
- Company size5,001 to 10,000
- HeadquartersTomball, TX
You’re seeing all 42 jobs at Lone Star College because we can’t find any available jobs at Lone Star College close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 1.6K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Community & Social Service
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 51 questions about working at Lone Star College. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Lone Star College employees.
Insights from 171 Indeed users who have interviewed with Lone Star College within the last 5 years.
I was asked about my pedagogical methodology. They also asked what kind of a historian I was. They asked how I would handle class discussions.
How much teaching experience I had. Did I have experience using a smart board? Did I have experience teaching adults?
I was asked what experience I had running my own classes, managing my own assignments, and adhering to the curriculum without supervision. I find that once a new adjunct survives a semester, they have developed the skills to work independently. I was also asked what support I would need to succeed--I answered truthfully, and said "not much at all." Independence is definitely a strength of a wise adjunct.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- Lone Star College