Lone Star College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Loved this job!
Veteran Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2018
As an academic advisor, I learned so much about the college experience and so much about higher education in general. I was inspired to be a life long learner.
Amazing schedule does somewhat help compensate for the lower level of pay
Division Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 14, 2018
This is an amazing college to work for, once you move beyond the entry level/clerical positions, the pay is much better and the schedule cannot be beat. There is really an atmosphere of family and respect.
very cohesive work group.
Adjunct faculty for all levels (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXAugust 14, 2018
Lonestar Tomball is a great place to work. The faculty are all part of the team that makes the students successful. Everyone makes sure to help each other out.
Pros
Great support form administration
Internship
Recruiting Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2018
I was a student and also doing an internship, the managers were understanding and allowed a flexible schedule to complete my internship hours. I learned leadership skills and communication skills.
Adjunct position
Mathematics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2018
It was an adjunct position which is a fancy way of saying contract worker which unfortunately many higher education institutions have been resorting to using to fill in the manpower. It's unfortunate. However, this college really helps you to grow and they genuinely care about their students and which universities they end up at after they finish their coursework here. Flexible hours but not much in terms of promotion, future job opportunities, benefits, unless you know someone on the inside who can get you in.
Leadership Challenges
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
Inconsistencies in leadership. Lack of reliable orientation with experienced faculty. Frequent challenges with conflicting directives from supervisors.
A great place to work, but I would love to work more hours, to be a full time professor
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
Lone Star College is truly a great place to work. I went to school here, and came back to teach here as well. My boss, and the supervisors in my department have been very supportive of me, and my design/artwork outside of teaching as well.
A Straight Forward and Simple Work Place.
Student (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 5, 2018
Mostly decent for everyday at work. If you work at Lone Star College then you will learn how to cooperate better. The Management at Lone Star College Mostly on time because they usually post new events through online or at their work place. Workplace Culture sometimes feel lacking because some employees feel not as energetic as other employees.
Pros
Most Teachers/Professors have good energy vibe in them and know how to communicate with students.
Cons
Lacking Communication through Phone and Online Mail.
Great Management
Part time facilities shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 1, 2018
If you're looking for a way to pay for college, consider working there.
Once you've put in one year of service - even part time, you are eligible for free tuition!

There are lots of opportunities to move up and or change departments should you choose to not attend school.
Pros
retirement, great vacation time, closed for Christmas
A learning experience.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 31, 2018
Working in this organization has definitely a learning experience. The one good thing is that they have employer covered benefits through BCBS of TX.
Great Place to work
Faculty/ Coordinator LVN Program (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXJuly 28, 2018
Lone Star College Tomball gives you the small college experience in a large college system. You know fellow faculty outside of your discipline. You get opportunities to learn and use new and exciting educational resources.
Pros
Good work hours, teaching new college students
Cons
Many hours outside school
Awesome!
Program Manager III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
Professional environment with the opportunity for continued professional development. I have learned several new and innovative processes and plans. Managment supports new and improved endeavors an allows room for career advancement. Most enjoyable part is working closely with my students and team to maintain our accreditation.
Great Place to Learn
Division Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJuly 25, 2018
Good stepping stone, where you learn a lot about many different aspects of business management, including budget, accounting, payroll, human resources, and on-boarding.
Provided Opportunities Daily to Collaborate with others
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2018
Lone Star's technology department is led by some extremely forward thinking innovators who are forever looking for ways to improve/streamline the user and student learning experience.
Productive work place with cooperative work environment
Student Assistant, Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 16, 2018
Dealing with all sorts of financial aid issues that students face made me learn a lot of things about how financial aid works. The things that I learned working there will help me throughout my student life.
Professor for Nursing students
Professor (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJuly 13, 2018
classroom and clinical courses. Clinical group 10 or less students maximum.

taught basic and advanced nursing skills.

didactic included all aspects of nursing care.

computer skills for grading, documentation, class syllabi, assignments.
Pros
collaborative team. manageable assignment
Cons
less pay than acute care positions
Work Environment
Specialist IV - Outreach and Recruitment (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 10, 2018
LSC provides a good work-life balance and laid back management style.
The hardest part is that room for advancement is limited with far more part-time positions when compared to full-time positions.
Many opportunities to connect with students
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Great opportunity to be a positive influence. The process needed to be successful as an adjunct was in place. Students felt like they could access various resources.
Attended Lone Star
Student (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJuly 6, 2018
I attended Lone Star Community College to accomplish my basic courses before moving onto a four-year university. Attending Lone Star was an amazing experience and has prepared me well for moving forward in my education.
Great work environment!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXJuly 6, 2018
I love my job. Just wish it were full-time. Great opportunities to learn new skills. Has gym available for staff. Co-workers are very helpful and friendly. Great work environment!
Pros
flexible
Cons
part-time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lone Star College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight