Lone Star National Bank Employee Reviews

Loved this job
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMarch 2, 2018
This job was by far the best job I've ever had! Management was great and always treated everyone with respect. This company has great values and plenty of room for growth.
Great Job, a lot of responsibility
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMarch 1, 2018
Typical job 8-5, 9-6 a lot of responsibility since you are dealing with $25,000 or more at any time. There a lot of rules and regulations to follow and as a result there is a thousand ways to mess up. Always keep a sharp eye and pay attention to detail! you get 2 weeks for vacation a year and pay depends on your experience and education they can start you off anywhere from $11-$13 overall this job helps you become a better person and helps you develop skills such as customer service, communication, & cash handling.
Pros
Slow Bank, off afternoons
Cons
a lot of responsibility, constant pressure to referral
IT.... look elsewhere.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 7, 2018
On the job training, good luck with that. Help desk manager and supervisor have zero technical knowledge. Don’t believe me? During the interview, feel free to ask the help desk manager or supervisor technical questions for a good laugh. Better off using google. Promotions, with such high turnover you’re bound to get promoted sooner or later...for the same pay. Do your research before joining this team.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Horrible IT management team
Great work experience
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Lone Star National Bank was a great experience for me. I started off as a part time teller and in less than 6 months I was promoted to a Lead teller. I then advanced quickly to a New Account Supervisor and then a Branch Manager. I learned a lot from my experience at this bank but I felt that my salary had been stagnant for the past 5 years. I started getting offers from other banks and found out that they were paying much more for the same position.
In my 6 years there, I was a Loan Collector, Administrative Assistant, Loan Collector, and Loan Resolution Specialist
Loan Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 8, 2018
I enjoyed all aspects of the different positions. I enjoyed talking to customers, making payment plans, meeting new judges, and the atmosphere was very friendly.
Pros
Also acknowledged for our work on a daily basis
Cons
No complaints
Lone star national bank
Teller (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TX 78503January 8, 2018
Lone star national bank is a great company to work for. they treat they employees great. the work environment is face paced but they will help you out if you have any questions.
Helpdesk Technician 2
Helpdesk Technician II (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 16, 2017
Zero recognition of achievements, manager "throws employees under the bus" in a daily basis. Will promote you without giving raise, just title change with added responsibilities. The good part is that you will learn a lot and coworkers are great.
Pros
Overtime, coworkers, you will learn
Cons
Non IT staff making IT desicions, management
Excellent company
Assistant Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXNovember 16, 2017
This is by far one of the best companies i have ever worked for. Their vision and culture is in line throughout the entire company and its departments. They truly believe in job advancements and growing within the company. Very community oriented.
Pros
Free events
Cons
N/a
Not good for IT
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 15, 2017
Would not recommend for technology department. A lot of turnover, with most employees looking for a way out. Low salaries and morale. Employees are not moved up even when there are positions open. Upper management is at times unethical. Poor communication from upper management.
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
Upper management is not knowledgeable, low salaries
Morgtage Area Needs Improvement
Mortgage Regulatory Control Specialist I (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 1, 2017
Management could use some improvement, manager needed to say something to employee directly not expect the co-worker to inform. great benefits and work with you if you were interested in growing.
Highly productive atmosphere that will keep you on your toes
Manager (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 1, 2017
highly competitive atmosphere

Additionally, being a border bank gives you a whole new experience

Exposure to scenarios that you haven't seen before
Pros
Current Manager is not a micro manager
Cons
hours can be long and your life balance is non-existent
Bad experience
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXAugust 30, 2017
The worst experience ever!!! My coworkers were bullying me all the time, the manager and supervisor never took care of the situation and then they asked me to go. They do not care about their employees. I do not recommend this bank
Hard working staff
EVP & Chief Risk Officer (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJune 29, 2017
Very political environment at the top
Difficult to initiate new changes and improvements
Technology advanced but becoming constrained
Generally high performance culture
Pros
Hard working staff
Cons
Implementation of needed change is difficult
Good Place To Work
PURCHASING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXJune 27, 2017
Good place to learn and gain new skills. Excellent benefits and training provided to employees. Learned new techniques for vendor management strategies and purchasing procedures.
Nice environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXJune 18, 2017
Love the environment at work, makes me relax and have a good day at work. Love the shifts they give for part time, but would surely prefer full time instead.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Part time
Customer Service
Teller (Former Employee) –  McallenJune 1, 2017
LSNB gives a great training to enforce employees to provide customers with superiors service, making the customers feel comfortable banking with this company
Loved my job, hated how management ran things.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 22, 2017
I loved my job but as far as management there was a lot of favoritism and too much gossip/drama for a work place. The customers were extremely friendly and were the only thing that kept me going to work.
Pros
Friendly customers
Goals, goals, goals
Teller (Former Employee) –  Palmview, TXMay 16, 2017
Like any other teller job I've had, clock in, get your cash box, run customer transactions, count your box at the end of the day, clean your station, clock out and do the same thing the next day. You learn how to recognize fake money, how to start conversation with random customers, and be more careful with your money. Management expects you to meet branch goal and show up every appropriately. Work culture truly depends on your coworkers, every branch may be different. Hardest part of the job is making sure you count very carefully. Most enjoyable part of the job is that you have no worries once you step out of the work place.
Good place to work, sales oriented
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 8, 2017
Good, small community bank who pays their employees very well, but if you are not into sales then this job is not for you. Typically on a regular day, not many customers would come into the bank so you have to go out and see customers to meet your sales goals.
Pros
small community bank, good pay
Cons
high sales standards, poor management
Teller I
Teller I (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 28, 2017
As a part time teller with LSNB you are going to do a lot of on the job training. You do go through two weeks of training once hired but it is just to learn the program and the lingo, everything else you have to learn on the job. Most tellers know the deal, they know you have to learn on the job so they'll help you for a good while until you get the hang of it. Also, the training is M-F on a full time schedule even though you are part time so try not to be busy for two weeks part timers. The weekends of the two week training you will be at a branch shadowing to learn.

Recommendation: Pay close attention when they discuss checks and hold on checks.
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
Some managers expect you to know everything after the "training."