Long & Foster Real Estate Employee Reviews

Relax place to work
Verification Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 2, 2018
Good. Nothing hard about the job. Everybody got along. Always something new to learn. The only I didn't like was the fact that if your car broke down there was no public transportation
Pros
Not enough break
Cons
Heathcare was great
Relaxed & Enjoyable
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kingstowne, VirginiaJuly 5, 2018
As the Branch Administrator at L&F I worked with over 40 Realtors. I enjoyed my work tremendously & the people as well. It was a very fun, relaxed & enjoyable place to work. When my former manager I was hired under decided to relocate a new manager was brought in to take over. He was able to bring his own personal Branch Administrator from his previous location thereby causing me to lose my job.
Pros
Cons
Salary
It's Real Estate
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 26, 2018
You are only as good as the effort you put in. There really isn't much else to say about it. The people at this particular office are very helpful whenever you need a hand.
Collaborative and Supportive Environment
Marketing & Operations Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2018
I've worked with several brokerages and can honestly say that working at Long & Foster was a more relaxed and communicative environment than most. The broker is incredibly approachable, the support staff are knowledgable and quick, and the agents are [mostly] genuine and work with great integrity.
Pros
Location, atmoshpere
productivity and work ethetic
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crofton, MDDecember 25, 2017
Long and Foster is a family owned business that cares about you and your family and is very considerate. Long and Foster always puts family first. I enjoyed working at long and foster and if get the opportunity will recommend Long and foster to any one for employment of real business.
Pros
you have time off for family emergency
Cons
great health insurance and work relation
Awesome Company
Realtor (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 27, 2017
Long and Foster is a top notch Real Estate Company that does a fantastic job for the new agents in providing top notch training and a great mentor program.
good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 8, 2017
pay very low good company to work for it have it benefit manage to nice thing for the employee you get warred in work place you get reward for what you do and little more money in your pay check to
Pros
its very good place to work
Cons
it have it benfits to
Average
Branch Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Mitchellville, MDJune 17, 2017
It was really nothing that stood out as unique to write about but there was also nothing terrible to write about either. Dealing with all the different types of personalities from the agents was quite an interesting experience....
Productive Environment with great Team Support
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMarch 23, 2017
The strength of this workplace was definitely team. A typical workday was spent prospecting, and learning from one another. We had a fun, faced paced environment that lent itself to great relationships. The most difficult part of the job is the contract negotiations and the most enjoyable part was working with clients.
Pros
Great Training
fun
Licensed D.C. Real Estate Salesperson(Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 30, 2016
Long & Foster provides and makes available to all their agents all the tools and software they need to succeed in the business.
Commission based - independent contractor
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 27, 2016
Great job with great people. Work/life balance is bad due to the need to work evenings and weekends in addition to during the week. There are no benefits because you are an independent contractor and the compensation is commission based
Quick paced
Call Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Levittown, PAAugust 11, 2015
Quick paced office. Interaction with agents and customers. Agents go the extra mile for their customers. Very flexible hours. Down time is minimal.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no advancement available in my field
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MdJune 23, 2015
Good company to work for! Positive and environment where you can profit. The other agents are very helpful as well. They aided my development when I began working in the office.
Ahead of the crowd!
Realtor, Associate Broker (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 3, 2015
I have stayed with this company because their philosophy is always forward thinking when it comes to real estate. They are the first to introduce new resources to our business, whether it be advertising or a new computer program.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Group medical is pricey.
Great working with agents on a daily basis, Wine and Cheese Night on Thursday Evenings.
BRANCH ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Time management and attention to details was very important in this position.
Processing all commission checks to ensure agents get paid in a timely manner and paid correctly on a daily basis by 11AM.
Process of contracts and Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) checks on a daily basis, reviewing Case Sheets to insure all information is correct so contracts can be uploaded to Corporate office.
Work on layout for monthly Real Estate magazine.
Collect all information necessary from agents on the properties they wish to advertise.
Log all production (sales, listing and closings) for all agents in the office, so I may produce monthly reports for Regional and Corporate office.
Review weekly actives with Manager and make any adjustments.
Prepare monthly office calendar and produce a power point presentation to be electrically displayed in the office for the agents to review.
Create a monthly presentation of all our properties (listings) to be displayed in the lobby of the office for the public to see.
Working with co-workers to ensure the office is flowing is a smooth manner. Maintaining all office equipment and office forms. Making sure everything is flowing in a timely manner on a daily basis.
Enjoy the fast paced of the office in general.
Pros
Enjoy the people.
Cons
Stressful
I enjoy working for Long & Foster. The day is productive and quick.
Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 10, 2014
I really enjoy working for Long & Foster. I recently moved to Pennsylvania and it takes about 1 hour travel time to get to work. I enjoy talking to people on the phone and interacting with people when they come in the office. A great bunch of people work here. We have about 60 agents. I worked as a receptionist part time since 1998, for Conor Piper & Flynn, Coldwell Banker and now Long & Foster. I have enjoyed each company that I worked for.
Pros
I am very busy and the time goes quickly most of the time
Cons
Long distance to come to work
I was self employed at Long & Foster and worked at home frequntly.
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  North East, MDOctober 22, 2014
Spent several hours a day going through programs to help my clients. Job always focused on customer service and I enjoyed that.
I enjoyed working with the agents within our office. The hardest part of the job was telling customers that I was not willing to work for free that they would have to sign on and become a client. I loved helping younger couples buy and sell homes.
Pros
Was able to work for home frequently.
Cons
Not enough support from management when you were newly licensed, people expected you to work for free.
An excellent company to work for.
IT Director (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 27, 2014
Long & Foster is the largest privately held real estate company in the US. With over $30 billion a year in sales and more than 10,000 agents Long & Foster is truly a leader in the Real Estate industry.

I enjoyed working as Director of IT and helping migrate Long & Foster's aplplication systems to new technologies. Long & Foster provided services such as a Direct Mail Marketing Center to their agents which save agents tens of thousands of dollars and was a great recruiting tool for the company.
Pros
Very professional comapny.
Cons
N/a
a friendly place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDAugust 21, 2013
Management is unorganized, but the agents are nice to work with, there are random luncheons and treats
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks, called in from vacations, no raises
Productive and confortable work place
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJuly 24, 2013
To make sure the agents requirements are met and assist with any needs. Being well organized and focused is a must .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Long & Foster Real Estate. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3