Long Beach Memorial Employee Reviews

Not recommended for Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 21, 2018
High volume, high work load, non stop specimens, severely understaffed, 100% lack of respect and recognition for clinical laboratory scientist, the education we have and the work we do especially among nurses, doctors and hospital administration. Low compensation and very low shift differential (especially in comparison to other area hospitals), yearly performance review/raise not enough to keep up with inflation, high insurance premiums and deductibles, CLS are not union therefore have no real bargaining power. Management unwilling to make any real changes, always nickle and diming, implementing cost cutting measures, have had several layoffs in the lab within the past few years, poor morale among lab workers. This may be a great place to work if you are a nurse (who basically run the hospital and have high compensation and respect) but if you are a CLS sorry but I would not recommend working here.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Low pay, Low differential, Bad management, Lack of respect for cls esp. From nurses
Neurodiagnostic Department works well
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 20, 2018
The Neurodiagnostic Department works well in a timely manner and the day is done when everything is done. All staff members helped students out to the best of their abilities.
Loved it. Learned a lot from this job
OB/GYN, vascular, pediatrics and special procedure (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 29, 2018
Best job ever. I enjoyed working at this facility very much. I was never bored. I was always learning something new at my job. It was busy and everyone loved working there
Opportunities to grow
Registered Oncology Nurse (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 25, 2018
Everyday is a learning day for me. I enjoy the very knowledgeable staff. Competent team. Patient care can be heavy at times. Management tries to find a balance.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Heavy patient loads
Lots of room to grow, and learn.
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 17, 2018
I learned a lot working at Long Beach Memorial. A lot comes with working at a hospital, a very busy one at that. Its tough on you mentally and emotionally. But i enjoyed it, and learned a lot.
The office I was in was a fun place to work in. We were a close net group.
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 29, 2018
I really loved my job and the people I worked with in my office. It was as wonderful learning experience for someone who had no experience in this field. And I had the best lead manager who trained me.
Pros
They recognized you for your ability. And had employee gatherings. Like birthdays, fairs, parties.
Cons
A little too much gossip that I did not like to get involve with
Great place to intern at
Student Intern at Cardiac Rehab Unit (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 23, 2018
The staff was very nice and helpful. Performed duties were fair. My time at Long Beach Memorial was very beneficial due to the amount of experience and knowledge I obtained during my time there.
Great pace to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  don't knowAugust 19, 2018
There is professional autonomy
High standards of practice and with integrity
The mision is strictly followed
There are numerous ways to appreciate employees
Pros
flexible schedule, great management, great retension of staff and appreciation
Still learning job
PBX OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 14, 2018
I have only been working there for 5 weeks and it hasn't been a pleasant transition. There are so many codes and different ways of doing them. Many of them being high priority codes. Also, not getting full cooperation with other employees to help learn them.
Pros
Still seeking one
Cons
Too many codes and a very challenging environment.
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 12, 2018
I enjoy working here because the atmosphere is enjoyable. There are many people that you come across and you learn a lot. It's a place for opportunities.
Just ok
Critical care Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 6, 2018
Pretty middle of the road. Benefits were about average as well as the pay. Employee parking can be a bit dangerous because of the neighborhood. Most people start their careers there but often leave.
Fast-paced
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 4, 2018
Long Beach Memorial is a fast-paced environment to work for. I’ve been here for more than years and have not had a chance to transfer anywhere. No compensation for collecting copays. Staff shortage is a major issue
Pros
Close to my home
Good
Pharmacy Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 2, 2018
Good place to work, good people, helped me learn a lot throughout my internship. Beautiful hospital with amazing staff dedicated to help patients 24/7.
Great
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 1, 2018
The staff is great. I really learned alot while there. Everyone is helpful and encouraging. Real team work. Lo ng abeach Memorial is definetly a great place to work for.
family culture
Administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 23, 2018
Employees are like family but there is no places for advancement
after graduating from college I applied for many open positions not one call for interview. the culture there is who friend you are will help advance you. hardest part.of the job often times micromanage and monitor what least important. if you acknowledge all Employees across the board would have more pro activity.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
no advancement
Bedside RN
CMU - RN (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 13, 2018
direct nursing care to patients. My main responsibility include but not limited to dispensing medications, monitoring heart rhythms, general assessments, vital signs, frequent documentation, and assessing patient’s needs for safe discharge. My main focus is on education, promoting health, the well-being and safety of my patients. The education focuses on the patient’s conditions and how to avoid relapses, re-admissions or potential problems after they leave the hospital.
Pros
Flexible days
Cons
Long hours, travel time
Educational center for a new Sterile Processing tech
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 10, 2018
I was taught my craft at Long Beach Memorial and was able to experience a wide range of medical equipment as well as a wide range of sterilization systems.
Pros
Excellent location to learn Sterile Processing & Central Services Departments
Cons
Pay compensation is below average
Overall provides great health care
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 6, 2018
Memorial Care imaging is a great work environment, providing quality care to patients in a fast effective manor is their number one priority. They are number one in Long Beach.
Productive and Exciting Place to Work
Radiology Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed working there as it taught me the fundamentals of customer service and treating patients with care. Management treated me well and fairly and practiced good work/life balance. The culture was professional. The hardest part of the of the job was learning medical terms. I enjoyed my experience there.
Very nice staff to work with and the place is very nice and new..
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 2, 2018
The surgical center has been successful since it first opened like 3 years ago but now it seems like they are focusing on eye surgeries more. Most of the staff is very nice and easy to work with.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes.
Cons
Getting flex or sent home on days that are not so busy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Long Beach Memorial. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2