Long Beach Memorial Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Assisted Team Leader with Care for Patients Vital signs, collected specimens, pass meals
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 10, 2018
assistant team leader with daily care vital signs collected specimens assisted with discharges worked in all areas of hospital, Med.Surg Pedritics, Heart unit Mental Health unit
low paying
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 23, 2018
you do alot of work and are compensated very little. management was blind to lazy co-workers. wanted you to work hard and no appreciation for what you did.
Great Friends
BUDGET ANALYST/STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 22, 2018
Work at the Hospital was very difficult when you have to count sick beds. The hardest part of this job was when you been audited and can't locate medical equipment.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
Too far from home
Fast pace, great team
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 4, 2018
Long Beach ultimately was a great place to work. I received a lot of experience and the management was wonderfully. Unfortunately there was a lot of union politics as well as a low paying salary.
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Senior Level Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Workplace culture promotes seniority and longevity. Coworkers are friendly and there is cohesiveness within the department. Benefits are competitive.
Enjoyed working here
Bone Density Tech (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Clocked in then proceeded to a department to help until the afternoon when I did bone density exam from 3 to 5 pm. I learned medical file room, front desk, pre registration & registration of patients. scheduling, dark room process for mammography films, & bone density exams. Our manager who overlooked all departments in the breast center with her expertise was always friendly & approachable. The culture in the workplace was at time fast paced but everyone worked as a team which made it enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was keeping patients happy at times especially if the patient was having a bad day. Most enjoyable was when patients came in with little ones or daughters with their elderly Mom & assisting them brought joy.
Pros
Representatives would bring in lunches for the center
Cons
Unruly patients
Long Beach Memorial
spell check is not working (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Your spell check wont let me write what I need to say. Please fix this problem and I will be happy to write a review this is very frustrating that I have to come uo with 150 characters
Temporary Position
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 7, 2018
I worked her as a CNA while in nursing school. It was very part-time but a great experience which I feel prepared me to be the RN I am today. It is a very fast paced hospital.
loved working here
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 29, 2018
had a lot of work, the vendors I had were my best friends!! the people were my family, easy to get to, liked getting to know the other departments. Had a great time there.
Close knit work group
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 24, 2018
The ICU personnel were for the most part very close knit and cooperative. They were like family. I am still in touch with a number of them. I'd work there again.
Pros
Lots of time off, great benefits, good pay.
Cons
Some Dr's can be difficult, Respiratory didn't have a union and were sometimes not treated as well by the Admin
Productive workplace which we verified insurances and contacted medical offices for diagnoses codes so patients were billed correctly.
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 8, 2018
A typical day at work consist of comparing scanned information with patients name to make sure it matches.We have to log in personal passwords to log onto these medical insurance websites.
Pros
Recognition for a job well done with free food or raffles for gift cards.
Cons
Breaks always seem to go by so fast.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 17, 2017
Working at Long Beach Memorial was sometimes stressful coming from a more sophisticated method of registering patients into an emergency department. This was a teaching hospital, but lacked organization.
Pros
3 days off during the week
Cons
poor management
Not such a comfortable environment when being somewhat bias
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 11, 2017
Work was not so bad, however, some days were stressful. Compensation/Benefits were just ok. However, no job security due to the number of layoffs throughout Memorialcare. Seniority means nothing as there is no room for growth or advancement, unless you have earned an AA, Bachelor's or Master's Degree. Certification does not mean much, no matter what the certification is for. Human Resources needs revamping, to just start over from scratch. As far as the workplace culture, well on a scale of 1 - 10, I rate it 1, being the worst.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No vacation, Pto, fewer holidays than most places, bias environment

Comment – November 30, 2017

So true. The organization needs to learn about fairness. There are staff who have been on board for less years than others, and the ones with real seniority are gone first. It's not just about degrees and such, but simply being fair. Yes, revamp Human Resources definitely. Management is unprofessional and needs to improve.

Long Beach Memorial
Cardiac Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 4, 2017
My typical day at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center consisted of caring for patients in the cardiac care unit. Including patients post cardiac surgery.
Interesting and engaing place to work
Certified Wound,Ostomy and Continence Nurse (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 3, 2017
The work was engaging and the time went fast. There were wound rounds every Tuesday on and off the Wound unit and there was a educational presentation at the rounds every week. Once a year there was a Wound Seminar and all the information was useful in the daily practice of wound care
Pros
The work was interesting
Good and friendly environment
Certified Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 29, 2017
Started my initial job as an anesthesia tech at long beach memorial. This is honestly one of the best places to work where the environment and people are welcoming and friendly.
Great place to work. Hard working staff and overall great job
Lead phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 25, 2017
I hated to leave longbeach memorial. I had to take care of a family member. I was the lead phlebotomist for the outpatient labs. I checked the dates on the eqiupment ie tubes to make sure nothing was expired. I also made sure patient flow was moving at a good pace. I jumped in when a site was croweded and drew blood. I can draw from pediatrics to geriatrics. I love phlebotomy and meeting people,making them feel comfortable. Phlebotomy isnt really a job to me because it is my passion. The hardest part was having to let someone go. The most enjoyable part of the job was my patients and working with my staff and doing a good days work. I have to say this was my most favorite job.
Pros
Meeting people and working with good people
Cons
Having to resign
Good ER trauma experience
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 17, 2017
This job requires that you pace yourself and not trying to overload the work. This job will burn you out and get fatigue if you don't do the proper things to keep your mind and body healthy.
Pros
ER/ Truama experience
Cons
stressful work environment
An Okay company to work for
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 17, 2017
Loved that environment but lacking of training and supervision. Other employees are not following rules and regulations and management seems not to care
As a whole, the company offers a lot of opportunity to develop skills in the medical field, but state and possibly federal requirements have increased
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 6, 2017
The company is one of the top rated hospitals in the state, if not the nation, and the opportunity to develop the skills necessary to provide appropriate medical care to the community can be found there; however, the state and possibly federal requirements for medical careers have become so top-heavy that it is not unusual for there to be a relatively high turn-over rate in employment. Long Beach Memorial has always strived to be at the cutting edge of the medical field, otherwise I don't think that I would have remained there for nigh on 20 years. But I would like to try something else for awhile now.
Thank you.
Pros
Good job security and fair benefits and pay
Cons
Long hours (most healthcare facilities have this), sometimes grueling workloads